Close

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Toast

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes View Post
    Erry time I see flyin out there smashing it I think if only Willie was out there in tandem with him

Cunt would be perfect in the slippery conditions with his skills and cheeky tap ons
    Don't u fucking remind me of rioli u dog

Rip rioli love u bro

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    So apparently November is the timetable for Rioli's case.

I'll admit I'll be shocked to be sitting here if he cops more than 2 years accounting for the reductions available under the WADA Code.

I can't see him getting less than 2 though. I would be ecstatic if he somehow only got 18 months as he would effectively be back to start next season. I'll swear to never badmouth David Grace again if he can somehow pull it off.

I do kind of worry what condition Rioli would be in by the time he's cleared to return to the club, whenever that is.

Rep Level
    Can you imagine if Oscar Allen played for a Victorian club? Theyd be erecting his statue outside of the MCG as we speak

Best young KPP player we have ever had. Not even a close 2nd either and the best young KPP player since Lance Franklin came on the scene too

Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Thank fuck someone didn't take him after we took Brander first, considering every phantom draft had us taking Allen first.

If only we took Allen with our first pick then took Kelly and Ryan. Would've saved us a whole heap of picks last season and that 2017 draft would've set us up for years.

Although quite funny in hindsight considering at the time we all thought we were a bunch of retards for trading out our 2018 first round pick to the Gold Coast and in return the picks netted us Allen, Ryan and Petrucelle.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    Thank fuck someone didn't take him after we took Brander first, considering every phantom draft had us taking Allen first.

If only we took Allen with our first pick then took Kelly and Ryan. Would've saved us a whole heap of picks last season and that 2017 draft would've set us up for years.

Although quite funny in hindsight considering at the time we all thought we were a bunch of retards for trading out our 2018 first round pick to the Gold Coast and in return the picks netted us Allen, Ryan and Petrucelle.
    Club had that plan pretty much but changed it because Brander slipped. We had him as like a top 5 pick or some crap in our rankings.

Rep Level
    Joins queue at 8:00 AM as one of the first people with 10+ different tokens. Dont get in til fucking 9:07 AM

Fucking fuck

Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Got seats on the wing

Don't mind paying for Category 1 when I actually get Category 1.

Got the message at 9am saying 700+ people ahead of me in the queue.

Tried with 5 tickets and said none available, tried with 4 and got good seats. One of my mates reckons he could only buy 2 at a time within 10 mins of the sale.

Rep Level
    Got seats on the wing

Don't mind paying for Category 1 when I actually get Category 1.

Got the message at 9am saying 700+ people ahead of me in the queue.

Tried with 5 tickets and said none available, tried with 4 and got good seats. One of my mates reckons he could only buy 2 at a time within 10 mins of the sale.
    I got Section 308 and paid 93 bucks for the privlege... Could be worse but still

Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    I got Section 308 and paid 93 bucks for the privlege... Could be worse but still
    Yeah that's annoying as that's a Category 3 seat normally. But I actually quite like being up that 1 level higher.

Most of my mates somehow ended up on the block 500s despite getting in early so I'm happy with what I got.

Teams
    West Coast, Oakland Raiders
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    https://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/n...mination-final

West Coast is set to field a strong line-up in Saturday night’s elimination final with Luke Shuey, Josh Kennedy and Jeremy McGovern on track to take their spots against Collingwood.

The star trio will be tested during main training at Optus Stadium on Wednesday night, but are expected to be available along with fellow 2018 premiership players Jack Redden (thumb), Lewis Jetta (calf) and Mark Hutchings (hamstring).

Kennedy ramped up his recovery from a sore ankle on Monday when he ran for the first time since he was put on ice before half-time against North Melbourne in round 18.

“A lot of talk around Josh, particularly at the footy club,” General Manager – Football Craig Vozzo told westcoasteagles.com.au.

“He’s tracking well. He had a light week as we discussed last week and did a bit more change of direction yesterday.

“He’ll ramp up full training tomorrow. Expect him to get through that and be available, so exciting news.”

McGovern will have had 23 days to recover from a hamstring twinge by Saturday’s bouncedown and the intercept-marking backman has ticked all the boxes asked of him so far.

“Jeremy has passed all the tests our (strength and conditioning) and rehab staff have asked off him to this point in time,” Vozzo said.

“He’ll train with the main group tomorrow night. Expect he’ll get through and be available for selection.”

Shuey and Hutchings are both champing at the bit to get back into action following hamstring issues, while Redden will be back from a fractured thumb suffered in round 16 against the Western Bulldogs.

“Luke Shuey and Mark Hutchings both signed off on some high speed running last week, which was terrific,” Vozzo said.

“They’re raring to go. We’re holding both back. They’re very confident in where they’re at.

“They just have to get through main training. They’ll be a test for that but we’re expecting them to get through.

“Jack is tracking really well. He’s about three-and-a-half weeks post-surgery. He’s had a plate inserted, a bit similar to Jake Waterman earlier in the year.

“Different spot in the hand, but nonetheless the same level of protection.

“We’re expecting he’ll be available to play with a guard and he’ll do some more contact training tomorrow night.”

Jetta is also pushing to play his first game since the Dogs loss, and Jamie Cripps will be back after returning to Perth following the round 14 defeat to Richmond for the birth of his son, Reif.

“Lewis the old calf strain. He’s had those from time to time. Not so many for a while, but with the extra week it’s been great,” Vozzo said.

“He’s flying on the track, high-speed running is through the roof and expect him to be available for selection.”
    Selfie Stick Hater

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    How the fuck do you sum that season up.

Pre virus we're equal fav for the flag, added TK. Round 1 looked outstanding. From there it was down hill.

That lockdown we clearly didn't put in the same yards as preseason. Looked so unfit that first month. We've obviously assumed no one else trained. Especially when we were told by the afl we couldn't train coz it's unfair to those precious vics.

It became more obvious than ever this year that the vicbias is strongly against us. I'm sure that played a mental toll on the club. When you look at the circumstances players are probably thinking we could host a lot of footy in Perth and probably just feel like a big vic team with less travel during the year. To have that laughed at would've hurt a bit. Especially when ol Richmond pipe up and everything they want they get.

The hub was always going to be tough being a club that's full of players with kids and families. We saw younger teams like saints and freo have more success in the end. Add on top of that the injuries were just ridiculous and came at the worst and toughest time for us. 5 games in 19 days including a cross country trip to face the afl sweethearts. I think only Geelong had a equally tough period (it must be stated they were more successful during it with only one loss to us)

That home stretch was basically given an * by everyone in the media who constantly would comment on this massive advantage we have. Ignoring the fact that it's the same as certain teams in Victoria every other year. In the end we were punished with less than 50% of games at home.

Add to all that the afl giving up money to refuse to play games in Perth when every other year the argument is always about money.

Now most of those things are external, however I think it's evidence that external factors find their way into clubs and can have an effect.

Overall expectations compared to performance and its graded an F this season. However it seems like an unbelievable amount of obstacles were put in front of us and it was always going to be tough with them in place.

Based on tonight's performance we deserve the extra 2 weeks quarantine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rep Level
    Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    TTP

Teams
    West Coast
    Rep Level
    WCE NULL NULL
    Not playing Schoey instead of Jack Petruccelle was incompetence at it's finest too.
    "Life is a bitch, learn how to screw it. "

Rep Level
    Need to rip through our list IMO and target the list of delisted free agents and or mature aged recruits around the place

Think first and foremost we should be targetting Marlion Pickett. We can easily outbid Richmond, lure him back to W.A. Need to wait til other teams make their cuts but at this stage any other AFL listed players are better then some of the dross we trotted out this year. I think delistings will be

Anthony Treacy (what?)
    Nic Reid
    Tom Hickey (trade)
    Mitch O'Neill
    Hamish Brayshaw
    Daniel Venables (rookie list)
    Francis Watson
    Lewis Jetta (
    Will Schofield (retire)

Will leave 5 list spots still if we go down to 40. 3 draft picks, 2 delisted free agents

Would like one of those 3 picks to be Alec Waterman too

Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    We have a squad of 45 atm. So we would still need to cut more than that.

I'd rather we cut Hutchings before Jetta, but we seem intent on not playing Jetta for far less talented players anyway.

Brander apparently will be put up for trade also.

Depending on how the AFL goes about treating the "rookie list" and whether they keep the Supplemental period post rookie draft (Eg. How we got Jamaine Jones and how Harley Bennell was picked up by Melbourne), we should be able to pick up Alec Waterman the same way without him needing to nominate for the draft having been previously on an AFL list.

As I understand you're ineligible to be a father-son recruit twice.

Again assuming the senior list/rookie list is maintained one of our 3 mandatory national draft picks could include elevating a rookie to the senior list (Eg. Ah Chee or Jones).

Considering our current picks this year are 30, 49, 52 and 85, we should look at bundling multiple picks to a team that needs more draft points for the dozens of academy Clints to enable us to move up the order. For example, if we get Sydney's picks in the 50s for Hickey we could easily move into early-mid second round

In addition we should be looking at trading our future 2nd or future 3rd for a pick this year (depending on if we trade Brander or anyone else).

Rep Level
    We have a squad of 45 atm. So we would still need to cut more than that.

I'd rather we cut Hutchings before Jetta, but we seem intent on not playing Jetta for far less talented players anyway.

Brander apparently will be put up for trade also.

Depending on how the AFL goes about treating the "rookie list" and whether they keep the Supplemental period post rookie draft (Eg. How we got Jamaine Jones and how Harley Bennell was picked up by Melbourne), we should be able to pick up Alec Waterman the same way without him needing to nominate for the draft having been previously on an AFL list.

As I understand you're ineligible to be a father-son recruit twice.

Again assuming the senior list/rookie list is maintained one of our 3 mandatory national draft picks could include elevating a rookie to the senior list (Eg. Ah Chee or Jones).

Considering our current picks this year are 30, 49, 52 and 85, we should look at bundling multiple picks to a team that needs more draft points for the dozens of academy Clints to enable us to move up the order. For example, if we get Sydney's picks in the 50s for Hickey we could easily move into early-mid second round

In addition we should be looking at trading our future 2nd or future 3rd for a pick this year (depending on if we trade Brander or anyone else).
    Id imagine Luke Foley on thin ice too, and yeah trade Brander if possible

Teams
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    https://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/n...-ink-new-deals

Three of the great players in the history of the West Coast Eagles will be part of the club’s 2021 campaign after signing contract extensions.

Champion forward Josh Kennedy, 2018 premiership captain Shannon Hurn and star wingman Andrew Gaff have all signed new deals.

All three are among the most highly decorated players in the club’s 34-year history, with Gaff will remain at the club for at least the next four seasons and veterans Kennedy and Hurn committing for an additional year.

Kennedy and Hurn, both 33 and born within a couple of weeks of each other in 1987, were always waiting until season’s end to assess their drive and capacity to continue into a 16th AFL campaign.

Both drafted in 2005 – Kennedy at #4 to Carlton and Hurn at #13 to the Eagles – they are part of an elite group of players who continue to impact at the highest level.

Selfie Stick Hater

Rep Level
    Eagles have asked for the AFL to let us sign Daniel Venables for 2 years. He would spend his first year playing in the WAFL and not up for selection and then re join our list next year

Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    I noticed Jacob Brennan and Fraser McInnes are employed as "game development officers", whatever the fuck that means.

If the AFL rejects the request I don't see why we couldn't just give him a cushy role like that, sign him up for our WAFL team (or even make him the marquee player) and then re-sign next year as a rookie.

I guess we run the risk of the AFL tinkering with the rules again and abolishing that rookie period after the draft. They can't even decide list sizes for 3 weeks time or whether Gold Coast can retain the picks they gave them.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Pretty sure we can't have non playing staff in the wafl team as its cheating the wafl salary cap, but literally those cunts should let us do whatever we want.

#broughtback

Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    Pretty sure we can't have non playing staff in the wafl team as its cheating the wafl salary cap, but literally those cunts should let us do whatever we want.

Well Venables hasn't been ruled out with injury for next season yet... So until otherwise he shouldn't be considered non-playing staff.

Clearly based on talent he'd be a worthy marquee player for WAFL. Far better than Brady Grey.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Well Venables hasn't been ruled out with injury for next season yet... So until otherwise he shouldn't be considered non-playing staff.

Clearly based on talent he'd be a worthy marquee player for WAFL. Far better than Brady Grey.
    Well obviously nothing stopping us having him on our playing list and him playing WAFL.... That's what we do with Brander

#broughtback

Teams
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    The West Coast Eagles have begun their post-season list review process, with five players not being offered contracts for the 2021 season.

Those who will not continue include two players who made their debut this season – midfield rookie Hamish Brayshaw and forward Nic Reid.

Defender Francis Watson, who suffered a serious knee injury at training late in the season, will also depart the club after playing two games in 2019.

Rookie-listed players Anthony Treacy and Mitch O’Neill will leave the club without playing senior football.

Reid, one of the feel-good stories of the year, graduated from amateur football to make his debut against Hawthorn in round 12, while Brayshaw made his solitary appearance in one of the great qualifying round victories against St Kilda in round 17.

Watson was the longest-serving of the group, recruited as a Next Generation Academy rookie in 2017 before being elevated to the senior list in 2019.

West Coast list manager Darren Glass thanked all players for their contributions to the club.

"It is obviously a difficult time of the year and on behalf of the club I would like to thank each of those players for their contributions," Glass said.

"They have all had an impact around the playing group and we wish them well for the future."
    Selfie Stick Hater

Rep Level
    Ive flushed turds that had more impact on the Eagles then those 5 had.

Man do we waste some list spots

Annoyed for example we didnt pick up another small forward besides Jones when it was clear we needed one. Shoehorning Hamish Brayshaw to FP for his 1 and only game was cringeworthy

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Watson was OK

#broughtback