Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    I've been a mess since the game ended, crying on and off. That circle is something I'll never forget.
    Yeah I've welled up/shed a few tears on a large number of occasions this week, but that was the first time I've legit cried, seeing the boys walk off like that. Danger, Talia, Sauce, Knight the most obvious, but they all just looked shattered, broken. So fucking brutal.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Quote Originally Posted by KaII View Post
    Feel it's worth giving Shuey a shoutout for making 100 games. With all the injuries and the death of his sister, early on in his career it seemed like he might not make it.
    Gaffs 100th next week. Drafted 3 or 4 years after shue as well no?

Rep Level

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    West coast were very impressive, we sure loved kicking it to naitanui.

Would have lost it if I was watching post game by myself.

Teams
    West Coast
    Rep Level
    WCE NULL NULL
    Dangerfield should be rated higher, another quality performance from him.
    "Life is a bitch, learn how to screw it. "

Teams
    Adelaide, Liverpool
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Liverpool
    Pretty much everyone has him in their top 10 players if not top 5. Not sure how much higher rated you can get.

Teams
    West Coast
    Rep Level
    WCE NULL NULL
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumpy View Post
    Pretty much everyone has him in their top 10 players if not top 5. Not sure how much higher rated you can get.
    I'm sure someone on here,(a crow supporter) said he has had an ordinary year. He was superb tonight.
    "Life is a bitch, learn how to screw it. "

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Yeah that post game had a very eerie feel to it. Was very tough not to get emotional seeing Sauce, Danger and a few others on the big screen noticeably sobbing as well as when they walked past us down to the rooms.

Teams
    West Coast, Oakland Raiders
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    I was in my usual seat at the ground, the most moving/emotional game I can remember.

Crowd was very respectful towards the crows players as they should of been, standing ovation when they were leaving the field was moving. Seeing the crows players crying as they left made my heart go out to them. There were a couple of crows supporters sitting behind me who were great ambassadors for the Adelaide footy club - thanking the WCE fans for the respect shown/ hugging WCE fans including me at the end. Both guys would of been in their 30's I would guess/ really handled themselves with much grace.

Daniel Talia is for mine the best key back currently, was excellent on JK. Just had that turnover kick to NN but other than that faultless. So good with his body positioning/ excellent in the marking contest.
    Danger is such a beast,top 5 in the comp for mine - his first quarter was immense.
    Laird will be a very solid player for the crows, just looks the goods to me.
    Van Berlo I understand why many crows fans don't rate him. I think he needs to be moved on for younger talent - this week was exceptional given the circumstances/ needed his leadership & experience but he should be just a depth player for the future.

Gaff had a blinder, 36 possessions & 3 goals - just worked his arse off all night. Firming into AA calculations.
    Priddis was again beastly in the contested area, some of his release handballs were brilliant.
    NN's ruck work a pleasure to watch, just exquisite- groundwork excellent also.
    Lecca sublime first half then faded but another quality game.
    Shuey very good again in his 100th, loved his centre clearance goal. NN tap to Priddis who released Shuey with a perfectly weighted handball.
    Yeo playing essentially midfield all game made me
    Scooter was better tonight, maybe the rust has come off at last. Noticed he played half fwd for the vast majority of the game, rarely in the centre square. Our preferred centre square combo tonight was NN/Priddis/Yeo/Shuey which is my preference. Gaff/Lecca/Sheed/Cripps & occasionally Scooter had turns in there also.

Hill was a lowlight for mine, made some poor errors, been down on form for a few weeks now. Might be in the gun next week for Duggan possibly. Butler the other guy who could come in for Hutchings.

Very tough period for the Adelaide footy club, the players have handled themselves exceptionally well despite the terrible circumstances & their fans can be very proud of the effort they put in tonight, I know Walshy would be.

The crows supporters in attendance tonight were terrific. Those 2 guys I met tonight I will never forget, they represented the crow fan base so very well. I wish the Adelaide footy club all the best for the rest of the year & will be cheering you on for the rest of the year.
    Selfie Stick Hater

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows
    Gaff is the key to the WCE midfield. I've been on this cunt for years but he's finally putting it together.

Teams
    WCE
    Rep Level
    WCE Carolina Panthers Charlotte Bobcats
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    Scooter was better tonight, maybe the rust has come off at last.
    For the rust to have come off he needs to kick those goals and just generally be smarter with his ball use. IMO his current style of play clashes with our gameplan through the middle considerably - really poor use by hand that can put players under a lot of pressure and slows down our run. Often handballs to the knees or way over the top. For a vice captain, he's performing well below standard.

Certainly wasn't as much of a liability tonight, but I fear that his mistakes will be costly against better opposition.

A Captain Sprog Original The Sprog King's Avatar
    Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Collingwood Magpies Collingwood Magpies
    Tears at the end of the game were very moving for me.
    And we didn't lose you fucking crusty semen stain -the archies the archies!!!!!

Rep Level
    With about 10 minutes to go about 15 or so Crows fans stood up and started leaving at my end. I stood up and yelled "Sit back down and clap your team off the field after the game dickheads". 6 of them went and sat back down. Other 9 just walked away.

Teams
    Freo Fyfies
    Rep Level
    You're the hero football needs but not the one it deserves Embers
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    Sex is not a virtuous act unless it is for procreation.

Consensual sex is an act of mutual exploitation. There is nothing positive to be gained from ejaculation, orgasm and physical sexual interaction. It only causes physiological deterioration.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    You're the hero football needs but not the one it deserves Embers
    Im the hero football needs and deserves you will find

Rep Level
    Someone needs to make a stat btw

Hitouts to uncontested advantage because this is essentially why Naitnaui is better then any other tap ruckman I have ever seen. His hitouts dont go to the advantage of a player. They go TOO the player who has 5m on his opponent. Thats why for the past 4 weeks we have pretty much walked the ball out of the centre after each bouncedown so many times.

The Naitashuey duo or the Uiey as we shall now call it is the best duo in the league at present. He hits it to him and Shuey doesnt have to break stride really. Their is a silver service delivery but Naitas delivery is on another level altogether. Unlike your Goldsteins or Sandilands, Naitanui has a geniune 360 degree ability to tap it wherever he wants because he gets so much more hangtime. He hangs, assesses whats around him and then taps it. No other ruckman in the league does this or has done it

Naita is a top 5 player in the game based on his impact and a huge part of our MIDFIELD. Not our ruck duo or our rucking ability. He is a part of the midfield and carries it on his back. I was weary of giving a injury prone player 900k a year but he is worth every cent based on his performances this year.

In the last month, his ruck work has been the best ive ever seen, and us Eagles fans have seen a fair share of fine ruckmen

Rep Level
    He's right.

Rep Level
    Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    The grammar hurt my brain

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by sblack View Post
    The grammar hurt my brain
    Your lack of football knowledge hurts mine so lets call it even

Teams
    Sydney Swans; Liverpool; New England Patriots
    Rep Level
    Yeah with Embers here. Naitanui has been absolutely phenomenal this year. Definitely the best ruckman in the league and most important player for West Coast.

Rep Level
    Their was one ruck contest in the third also were Naitanui was going to tap it behind him, realised all 3 midfielders were actually infront of him then just tapped it sideways (hit Jacobs in the head) but the ability to change his entire ruck stance mid-air to tap it somewhere different was bloody amazing. 999 out of 1000 ruckman just end up hitting it behind him or losing the hitout

Rep Level
    Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Your lack of football knowledge hurts mine so lets call it even
    You used the right your

i hardly fucking post about football but ok

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    Yeah with Embers here. Naitanui has been absolutely phenomenal this year. Definitely the best ruckman in the league and most important player for West Coast.
    Most people seem to be on the Goldstein for AA bandwagon still. People are more impressed by quantity then quality alot of the time I spose

Teams
    Sydney Swans; Liverpool; New England Patriots
    Rep Level
    Most people seem to be on the Goldstein for AA bandwagon still. People are more impressed by quantity then quality alot of the time I spose
    I think obviously Goldstein has it over Naitanui around the ground, but doesn't hold a candle to his actual ruckwork.

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    > Loves Naitanui for his quality over quantity
    > Hates Rioli because he doesn't get enough of it

This coming from the bloke who recently argued for consistency in opinions
    I just smash the keyboard and hope.