Close

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
    Rep Level

AFL 2020 off-season and trade period

Another GWS player bites the dust with Jackson Hately nominating the Crows.

Very good get for Adelaide. Would assume Adelaide get him for a downgrade of pick 29 to pick 40 odd for example, so will come very cheap. Good player too IMO

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    I believe he has nominated the city, not the club
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    I just smash the keyboard and hope.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    I believe he has nominated the city, not the club
    Yeah articles say Adelaide but GWS say South Australia.

Cant see the guy choosing or even contemplating Port Adelaide however

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    If he costs anything outside pick 10 he's an absolute steal. Kid is a jet.

No reason he can't be on a similar level to what Steele has become since leaving for mine.

A fair bit of Jack Macrae about him for me.

GWS complete mismanagement of talent retention and cap is low-key the single worst AFL department. Like if they were even incompetent they'd have won multiple flags by now, the fact they're the worst I've ever seen in any sport ever has handcuffed them. Cameron also hasn't helped.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    If he costs anything outside pick 10 he's an absolute steal. Kid is a jet.

No reason he can't be on a similar level to what Steele has become since leaving for mine.

A fair bit of Jack Macrae about him for me.

GWS complete mismanagement of talent retention and cap is low-key the single worst AFL department. Like if they were even incompetent they'd have won multiple flags by now, the fact they're the worst I've ever seen in any sport ever has handcuffed them. Cameron also hasn't helped.
    Suspect GWS give up him up for just a pick upgrade, otherwise Adelaide can use PSD pick on him

Teams
    West Coast, Oakland Raiders
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Saad off to Carlton - 5 year deal/ 650K a season the rumour.

Thoughts Embers
    Selfie Stick Hater

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Expect Carlton to offer a future third and Essendon be reportdc as 'being difficult'.
    #NBCSiberia

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    650k for Saad is a good deal imo.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Rep Level
    Adelaide should be able to get it done with an early 2nd round pick. He's declared his intention to play for the crows and the difference between Ports first pick and their second is going to be negligible

Teams
    West Coast
    Rep Level
    WCE NULL NULL
    Carltank should make finals next year if they get Saad and Williams. Quality right there. Saints did it in 2020, Blues should in 2021.
    "Life is a bitch, learn how to screw it. "

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DALBS View Post
    Carltank should make finals next year if they get Saad and Williams. Quality right there. Saints did it in 2020, Blues should in 2021.
    If Carlton ever make finals I reckon they should all go out with brucey doull haircuts and headbands on.

Would be elite.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Real Franklin going to Sydney to win flags vibes about the reasons coming out of the Saad camp. Just say it's for money and be done with it. Why is it so taboo?

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Yeah I don't understand the reluctance to just say "They offered me a lot more money" and the team I'm at isn't any better.

650k is probably only about 100k overs for mine, bit of cap massaging and that's barely noticed.

Essendon seem absolutely lost to me, maybe I just rate their list higher than they do but I don't see why they'd be on firesale rebuild mode. New fitness director and a couple of good pickups and they're a flag shot.

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    On paper it looks good, but there is no cohesion on field. We've lost Saad and we'll lose Fantasia and Daniher as well. Then when you consider Hurley and Hooker are close to done, our list falls away pretty quickly. We've missed our window thanks to the Drug Scandal so time to reload.
    #NBCSiberia

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Yeah I don't understand the reluctance to just say "They offered me a lot more money" and the team I'm at isn't any better.

650k is probably only about 100k overs for mine, bit of cap massaging and that's barely noticed.

Essendon seem absolutely lost to me, maybe I just rate their list higher than they do but I don't see why they'd be on firesale rebuild mode. New fitness director and a couple of good pickups and they're a flag shot.
    They've offered him a car and all sorts of other extras as well which is becoming a frequently regular thing. When we had Audi on board a few years back fuck me did we use that to our advantage

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Was also talk of Essendon talking to Talia which makes no sense to me given where they're at and Talia's age.

Teams
    West Coast, Oakland Raiders
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Essendon Football Club can confirm Adam Saad has indicated his desire to be traded to the Carlton Football Club.
    General manager of list and recruiting Adrian Dodoro said the 26-year-old informed the club on Tuesday morning that he would pursue an offer from the Blues.
    “We put forward a significant offer to Adam and we are disappointed in his decision to pursue a playing future elsewhere,” Dodoro said.
    “Although we wish Adam all the best, he is not a free agent and therefore a suitable trade will need to be forthcoming from Carlton. Clearly, there is an expectation of compelling compensation for a player of Adam’s calibre.
    “We will remain in contact with Adam’s management over the course of the upcoming AFL trade period."
    Will be interesting to see what Carlton offer & what Essendon will accept.
    Selfie Stick Hater

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Going to be one of the great shit shows of trade period, last two trades between the clubs were Andrew Phillips and Justin Murphy
    #NBCSiberia

Rep Level

Essendon offered him the same contract they are saying.

5 years is 2 years too many and itís 200k overs for sure.

If I was Essendon Iíd demand pick 7, get it and then throw huge coin at someone who isnít a knob and is actually good.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics

Gets the Carlton fans onside. Say it's for money and as soon as you have a form slump you're hated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post
    On paper it looks good, but there is no cohesion on field. We've lost Saad and we'll lose Fantasia and Daniher as well. Then when you consider Hurley and Hooker are close to done, our list falls away pretty quickly. We've missed our window thanks to the Drug Scandal so time to reload.
    There issue is the coaching, game plan and fitness staff. I'd argue they've got as much or more talent than Richmond and they've got about two guys who are on the wrong end of the age spectrum neither of whom I'd argue is vital at this point.

Just don't see why you'd start a rebuild when you're genuinely in the window. This league is so wide open and some good coaching changes everything. Port were nowhere last year, Tigers a few years ago, Saints last year, Brisbane a couple of years ago and on and on.

Of course if they leak out Fantasia, Saad, Daniher and a couple more then that changes pretty quickly but I'd have them as a team that should be trying to add and retain not fire sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post
    Going to be one of the great shit shows of trade period, last two trades between the clubs were Andrew Phillips and Justin Murphy
    It's just going to be Dudoro digging in asking for ridiculous overs for 2 weeks before either making the deal at the last minute that was on the table from day 1 and was fair or letting him walk for nothing.

There's a massive gap from being a tough but reasonable negotiator and wherever the hell on just being an asshole island that Dodoro lives.

Essendon offered him the same contract they are saying.

5 years is 2 years too many and it’s 200k overs for sure.

If I was Essendon I’d demand pick 7, get it and then throw huge coin at someone who isn’t a knob and is actually good.
    Average salary is like 370k, Saad is well above averaging which makes a 550 type deal very fair for him, think 600k is overs but if you think he's a slightly above average player then you're not watching the same player.

Rep Level
    Its 650k a year. He is a media creation IMO. Runs a long distance and everyone carries on. THey ignore the fact that after that run he turns it over and makes bad decisions. Essendon saw this told him to become a shutdown defender and he chucked a sad....

Everyone here is saying Williams on 850k a year is too much, he needs to become a midfielder etc. I mean Williams is twice the player Saad is, can play multiple positions and is not worth a top 10 pick in a trade and people seem to have a issue with that deal, so why not this one?

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Wait who is okay with the Williams offer? The only one would be athomas but he thinks their rookie listed players are future Brownlow medallists and he hasn't even posted

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    Wait who is okay with the Williams offer? The only one would be athomas but he thinks their rookie listed players are future Brownlow medallists and he hasn't even posted
    No one is?

Im asking why is that so. What makes Adam Saads 200k less per year deal + losing pick 7 a better deal?

Do we actually think Saad is a better footballer then Zac Williams?

Rep Level
    In all honesty, lets say Joe Daniher puts in a trade request to Brisbane (think he will), if im Essendon, Im knocking on Harry McKays door and offering him a 5 year 650k a year deal and trying to do a direct swap of Saad for McKay. Would be a huge win for Essendon to get a 10 year KPP for a HB flanker