Close

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 289
  1. #126
    #408 Rumblah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Posts
    16,345
    Rep Level
    17847
    Rep Power
    838
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Hit outs to advantage is the stat you want to look for, but even then that doesn't equate to wins. I think rucks are the most overrated single position on the field. The two best Hawthorn rucks in recent times have been David Hale and Ben McEvoy. Neither are particularly elite at pure tap work, but their work once the ball hit the deck combined with clunking marks and being very very good forward options push them far out in front of guys like Jon Ceglar.

    The way I look at rucks, a good ruckman won't result in lots of wins, a bad ruckman will result in lots of losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    I just smash the keyboard and hope.

  2. #127
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,961
    Rep Level
    4677
    Rep Power
    168
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    Hit outs to advantage is the stat you want to look for, but even then that doesn't equate to wins. I think rucks are the most overrated single position on the field. The two best Hawthorn rucks in recent times have been David Hale and Ben McEvoy. Neither are particularly elite at pure tap work, but their work once the ball hit the deck combined with clunking marks and being very very good forward options push them far out in front of guys like Jon Ceglar.

    The way I look at rucks, a good ruckman won't result in lots of wins, a bad ruckman will result in lots of losses.
    Think we've all covered why I rate Grundy so highly.

    You basically get an extra midfielder at clearances, you get great around the ground support and you get to pick one less ruckman. When you don't have a ruckman at all, that last one is a massive advantage and that's Sydney right now. We're playing Sinclair who, bless his heart, tries really hard but he's just terrible.

    Not sure how the Buddy contract was structured but pretty sure it's right up there. On a positive we're playing down the value of Heeney (who has a big front loaded deal right now) and Mills and we don't really have any other high paid guys outside Parker (we have 3 of the top 50 paid guys). Buddy is a shame given we broke him but he was worth that contract as he's more than paid it off field and was great on field, shame Horse and our crappy medical staff destroyed him though, especially Horse making him play 3 on 1 as a battering ram instead of using his best traits.

    I'd argue Grundy is a pretty generational talent to be honest so wouldn't have any issue paying him a million. He's definitely more worth it than a guy like Jack Martin or Brad Hill in that elite pay tier. Buddy given his body also sadly is one you'd certainly take him over.

  3. #128
    Vale Nollsy Embers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,340
    Rep Level
    16776
    Rep Power
    987
    De Goey would be a good get for Essendon, him and Stringee swapping between midfield and forward could be huge

    If they can work out Saad for De Goey, they come out like bandits here

  4. #129
    #408 Rumblah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Posts
    16,345
    Rep Level
    17847
    Rep Power
    838
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Stringer wants out too though. As does Dev Smith
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    I just smash the keyboard and hope.

  5. #130
    Vale Nollsy Embers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,340
    Rep Level
    16776
    Rep Power
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    Stringer wants out too though. As does Dev Smith
    I think that is just cheeky buggers by agents wanting their players to get a payrise with the spare salary cap room.

    If they truly wanted to go, opposition clubs would have made a stand by now and flagged their interest

  6. #131
    Vale Nollsy Embers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,340
    Rep Level
    16776
    Rep Power
    987
    Rumors are Collingwood are the ones actually trying to trade Treloar and its Eddie feeding the stories about him leaving to Gold Coast (ie. they want pick 5). Treloar is pissed about it and will refuse any trade since he simply doesnt want to go to QLD.

    Treloar should dig his heels in and ask for a trade to a St Kilda IMO. Exactly what they need. If I was St Kilda also id just be offering a 2nd rounder, take it or leave it trade too

  7. #132
    #408 Rumblah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Posts
    16,345
    Rep Level
    17847
    Rep Power
    838
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Collingwood'cap has to be fucked in that case. My question is how?
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    I just smash the keyboard and hope.

  8. #133
    Vale Nollsy Embers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,340
    Rep Level
    16776
    Rep Power
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    Collingwood'cap has to be fucked in that case. My question is how?
    They just got targetted a fair bit and buckled to others wage demands.

    Freo offered a truckload to Tom Langdon which they somewhat matched (like 500k). Mayne came in on similar as a free agent (could have got him for much less), Grundy on that 1 mill, Darcy Morre got 800k, Beams has his 500k, you got Treloar most likely on 700k as he was headhunted by Collingwood and they had alot of pressure from Richmond to get him. De Goey keeps getting huge offers, Sidebottom would be on a bit, Pendlebury too.

    Mihocek getting big offers from elsewhere and being hunted.

    I strongly suspect they have say 8 players on over 500k as a minimum (Mayne, Langdon, Beams, , De Goey, Grundy, Sidebottom, Treloar, Moore, ).

    Doesnt leave much for the rest

  9. #134
    #408 Rumblah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Posts
    16,345
    Rep Level
    17847
    Rep Power
    838
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Geelong have tabled a two year offer to Isaac Smith. Has anyone told them list sizes are reducing and not increasing? They want Cameron, Higgins, Smith, Crouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    I just smash the keyboard and hope.

  10. #135
    Vale Nollsy Embers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,340
    Rep Level
    16776
    Rep Power
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    Geelong have tabled a two year offer to Isaac Smith. Has anyone told them list sizes are reducing and not increasing? They want Cameron, Higgins, Smith, Crouch.
    They have given up on Crouch id say, so it would just be the 3

    They do have a fair few wanting out like Cockatto-Collins, Constable, Narkle too with Tim Kellys salary left over to use

  11. #136
    Kawhi Leonard. dylan123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Posts
    6,137
    Rep Level
    7774
    Rep Power
    329
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    Geelong have tabled a two year offer to Isaac Smith. Has anyone told them list sizes are reducing and not increasing? They want Cameron, Higgins, Smith, Crouch.
    Geelong don't seem to have a salary cap to worry about unlike the rest of the comp.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  12. #137
    Vale Nollsy Embers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,340
    Rep Level
    16776
    Rep Power
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Geelong don't seem to have a salary cap to worry about unlike the rest of the comp.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    And this

    They are all just fantastic investors im pretty sure. Thats why Stevie J owns half a dozen houses. He is a financial wizard

  13. #138
    Veteran yeah_nah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Perth
    Teams
    Toasters
    Posts
    13,122
    Rep Level
    27874
    Rep Power
    809
    Mihochek on a rookie contract and should be making 400-500k per year suggests pies are fooked

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

    I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

  14. #139
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,961
    Rep Level
    4677
    Rep Power
    168
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Pies cap would have to be tight.

    Grundy, Pendles, Adams, Treloar, Moore, De Goey, Howe, Langdon, Crisp, Maynard, Beams, Elliott and Sidebottom would all be on sizeable contracts depending on when they signed them.

    Trelaor seems an odd one to push out though, I guess his durability is suspect but still such a gun player.

  15. #140
    Vale Nollsy Embers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,340
    Rep Level
    16776
    Rep Power
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    Pies cap would have to be tight.

    Grundy, Pendles, Adams, Treloar, Moore, De Goey, Howe, Langdon, Crisp, Maynard, Beams, Elliott and Sidebottom would all be on sizeable contracts depending on when they signed them.

    Trelaor seems an odd one to push out though, I guess his durability is suspect but still such a gun player.
    Its 100% durability. In saying that if Im Treloar I sure as shit am not going to the Gold Coast/where Collingwood want me to go just so Collingwood can get a high price. At Gold Coast he would just get tagged IMO and targetted.

    If Im looking at that list im getting rid of Adams. Suspect everyone would want him and they would get a damn high price for him.

  16. #141
    #408 Rumblah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Posts
    16,345
    Rep Level
    17847
    Rep Power
    838
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    I think Collingwood have realised they won't/ can't fix his ball use and with Adams and the other turnover merchants they have, the one with the greatest currency is Treloar. Certainly not someone I'd be going near tbh. We have more than enough ball burners as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    I just smash the keyboard and hope.

  17. #142
    Vale Nollsy Embers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,340
    Rep Level
    16776
    Rep Power
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    I think Collingwood have realised they won't/ can't fix his ball use and with Adams and the other turnover merchants they have, the one with the greatest currency is Treloar. Certainly not someone I'd be going near tbh. We have more than enough ball burners as it is.
    Treloar is some invented currency in their own minds. Reality is he has no currency

  18. #143
    Veteran divvydan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,385
    Rep Level
    2141
    Rep Power
    123
    Western Bulldogs Liverpool
    Taylor Adams also just won their B&F by a big margin, so clearly those internally are really rating what he's doing right now.

  19. #144
    Vale Nollsy Embers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,340
    Rep Level
    16776
    Rep Power
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Taylor Adams also just won their B&F by a big margin, so clearly those internally are really rating what he's doing right now.
    Always thought this is some form of salary cap rort

    He was barely in there top 10

  20. #145
    Vale Nollsy Embers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,340
    Rep Level
    16776
    Rep Power
    987
    Been alot of rumors around that Rhyce Shaw will quit North due to mental health issues and Paul Roos will take over for 2 years.

    Shaw on extended leave now so seems to be some truth to it

  21. #146
    disco Ball So Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Essendon
    Posts
    6,728
    Rep Level
    15223
    Rep Power
    428
    Toast Toast Toast
    Given that media followed the embargo it must be pretty serious.
    #NBCSiberia

  22. #147
    Vale Nollsy Embers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,340
    Rep Level
    16776
    Rep Power
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post
    Given that media followed the embargo it must be pretty serious.
    Not really

    They cherry pick it based on instructions from Gil.

  23. #148
    Veteran Histrionics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Collingwood, Newcastle United, Melbourne City
    Posts
    3,305
    Rep Level
    7534
    Rep Power
    214
    Collingwood Magpies Newcastle United Chicago Bulls
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    If I was St Kilda also id just be offering a 2nd rounder, take it or leave it trade too
    Lol yeah no worries.

  24. #149
    Veteran Histrionics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Collingwood, Newcastle United, Melbourne City
    Posts
    3,305
    Rep Level
    7534
    Rep Power
    214
    Collingwood Magpies Newcastle United Chicago Bulls

  25. #150
    disco Ball So Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Teams
    Essendon
    Posts
    6,728
    Rep Level
    15223
    Rep Power
    428
    Toast Toast Toast
    Quote Originally Posted by Histrionics View Post
    This is perfect given our President just put out a video saying he was staying in 2021.

    Rookie move, Pres.
    #NBCSiberia

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •