Close

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    Crows is the rumour here. If they can get him fit he is easily best 22. Trouble is he's never fit

Think we're pretty set in the backline, hard to see him coming in:

Brown - Talia - Doedee
    Smith - Hartigan - Milera

- McPherson, Hamill, Sholl for extra smalls.
    - Hartigan I'm guessing is a fair chance to go. McAsey should probably be a solid chance to blood games into or Butts.
    - Also left Kelly off the list as I hope he finds a way to go to another club.

I don't really think he's a true KP which is what we're looking to replace next. If they throw a rookie list spot at him like Keays this year, I've got no issues with it but feel like we've got a decent amount of backline options.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Scharenberg a real interesting one.

Kind of that weird in between size but doesn't really intercept all that well so a bit limited. He's a good user though and has shown some good things when healthy.

Think the Crows could fit him in pretty easily. I mean this is a team who keeps playing Kelly down back and he's better than him at everything other than staying fit. Sholl and Hamill both look future guns but Smith and Milera should push higher, they're wasted down back. Brown is a solid citizen type but he could certainly be pushed out for guys who don't stop the ball offensively like he does a bit too much. Realistically these days there's a back 7 anyway.

Hogan to Sydney is really interesting. He's exactly what we need as a hard leading forward. Off field he's clearly a fucking idiot and liability, Garry Lyon has all but said he left Melbourne because he's such a fuckwit they didn't want him, and now Freo seem pretty open to the idea of taking cents on the dollar for him. If those two clubs with their rich KPF recent histories are chasing him away it says a fair bit.

That said as a player he can be a genuine star if he would just take football seriously and get in shape. If nothing else he's an extra body to keep Blakey in the midfield instead of the forwards and could also potentially free Heeney out of there (yeah right...). If by some miracle Buddy, Hogan and Naismith could be fit we could push a flag next year (coaching aside as I'm sure Horse would fuck it...) but a midfield of Heeney, Mills, Parker, Kennedy, Blakey, Florent and Stephens can hang with anyone, our backline is genuinely solid despite being mostly no-names but Lloyd, Melican, Rampe, Allir, McCartin, Dawson and even my boy Cunningham are more than enough. Hogan, Franklin and Papley would be as good as any trio.

Alas, there's no chance that even 2 of those 3 are fit, Horse is still the coach so that midfield loses its two best in Mills and Heeney, and, again, Horse is still coach.

Hogan at the right price is worth a punt though for sure. I'd give up a late first at most though. He's not reached the heights of Daniher and he's just as injury prone and a headcase so I think that would be about the right price given the risk. Not sure Freo would be up for that though given what they paid.

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Pyke is a good get for Sydney imo.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rep Level
    Scharanberg suits Port Adelaides style better and is a good replacement/competition also for McKenzie/Burton/Bonner and co.

Rep Level
    “They should be into him (Cameron), but how do they fit him in? I’ve got a little bit of a plan and I say it with a heavy heart, but I would be trading (Brodie) Grundy to Sydney if I could,” Rendell said on SEN Breakfast.

“It’s a good fit for the Swans, they need a ruckman badly… I know what you’re thinking, who are they (Collingwood) going to play in the ruck, but I am playing Darcy Moore in the ruck.

“He will win a Brownlow if he plays in the ruck and changing with Mason Cox forward.

“But if they get Jeremy Cameron, I’d be sending Cox to Western Bulldogs, desperate for a key forward and a ruckman, he can ruck with Tim English.
    This guy is off chops. Darcy Moore in the ruck

Teams
    New Orleans Saints, Geelong, Liverpool, OKC
    Rep Level
    New Orleans Saints Geelong Cats Liverpool
    There is so much wrong with that quote that I don't even know where to begin.

Rep Level
    did he have an aneurysm half way through the first sentence?

Rep Level
    Im a bit surprised how people dont want Peter Wright. Unless his wage is beyond ridiculous I think id be targetting him ahead of Bem Brown

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Wright is on good coin when you weigh up his body of work to date. When you directly compare him to Brown who has had much better seasons and factor in Norf will likely accept much less in a trade, it's logical.

What people are forgetting is Brown is a two trick pony. One of those tricks is completely nullified by zones and the other would only work at Richmond or West Coast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    I just smash the keyboard and hope.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    Wright is on good coin when you weigh up his body of work to date. When you directly compare him to Brown who has had much better seasons and factor in Norf will likely accept much less in a trade, it's logical.

What people are forgetting is Brown is a two trick pony. One of those tricks is completely nullified by zones and the other would only work at Richmond or West Coast.
    Tend to think Wright might have a higher ceiling and give you more longevity for the same wage and same draft pick. I also think he has a few more strings to his bow because as you said, Brown doesnt have many tricks up his sleeve

Veteran
    Rep Level
    I can really get behind Grundy at Sydney though, that would be amazing.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    I can really get behind Grundy at Sydney though, that would be amazing.
    For a million dollars a year though?

Teams
    West Coast, Oakland Raiders
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Tom Morris

Club list managers went into a meeting with the AFL hoping for clarity around list sizes & salary cap. They didn't get any. 20 days until the trade period.
    @FOXFOOTY

2:11 pm ∑ 15 Oct 2020

Lol - how pathetic

#fuckGil

Too focused on getting a patch of the MCG grass on a truck to send up to the GABBA for the GF because that is the main priority obviously.
    Selfie Stick Hater

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post

Lol - how pathetic

#fuckGil

Too focused on getting a patch of the MCG grass on a truck to send up to the GABBA for the GF because that is the main priority obviously.
    They are desperately scrambling for cash. They canít answer because they donít have any answers about how much more cash they can get access too.

Gil just needs to admit this is the hold up or the press need to report it and make him do so. The silence really isnít helping anyone but 1 person. Publically admitting how broke we are could make it easier to get funding too

Veteran
    Rep Level
    For a million dollars a year though?
    He's worth something close to that. When fit he's in the top 5 most influential guys in the game I reckon and our ruck situation is Sam Naismith's glass knees from nothing, aka nothing.

The trade cost would be the bigger hurdle for me than the cap hit.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    They are desperately scrambling for cash. They canít answer because they donít have any answers about how much more cash they can get access too.

Gil just needs to admit this is the hold up or the press need to report it and make him do so. The silence really isnít helping anyone but 1 person. Publically admitting how broke we are could make it easier to get funding too
    CEOs show their worth in a crisis.

Gil has shown he is worthless.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    He's worth something close to that. When fit he's in the top 5 most influential guys in the game I reckon and our ruck situation is Sam Naismith's glass knees from nothing, aka nothing.

The trade cost would be the bigger hurdle for me than the cap hit.
    Im anti grundy, I think his game influence is overrated as hell. He's not bad but nowhere near the player people think he is.

However, he does give you the ability to play no backup ruck and come out equal or ahead, which is worth something.

If the swans can heavily front end his contract to try and build for a flag in 2+ years then it could definitely be worth it. I just struggle to see how you build a premiership list if he's sucking up 1m.

#broughtback

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    Im anti grundy, I think his game influence is overrated as hell. He's not bad but nowhere near the player people think he is.

However, he does give you the ability to play no backup ruck and come out equal or ahead, which is worth something.

If the swans can heavily front end his contract to try and build for a flag in 2+ years then it could definitely be worth it. I just struggle to see how you build a premiership list if he's sucking up 1m.

Last year's version you can but if he's like this year then I agree.

He was a legit in the elite tier of clearance players last year, both himself and the hitouts, while using the ball well and being a strong mark around the ground.

Swans need all 3 of those things incredibly badly.

Do agree the ideal would be to frontload it heavily so he's on more like 700k in a couple of years.

Swans really are just a coaching change, a ruckman and another forward from being a legit flag threat, we should get a couple more really good pieces this year.

Would want an awfully good medical report though after he faded into nothingness this year, have to think it's OP based on him playing through it and how bad he was which would massively change the prospective as most don't bounce back properly from that.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Hit outs are volume with minimal quality. The volume of ruck contests he attends is elite for sure.

Contested ball is elite, but do you want a ruckman winning your contested ball. See Priddis in brownlow year, it was not conducive to winning football. Get the ball in the hands of your explosive mids.

Is a good mark around the ground but you'll see him be a short hit up target etc far too often for my liking. Anyone can do that. Get down the fucking line m8.

Again it's splitting hairs a bit, he's a really good player I just think his impact is over sold. Ive never seen him as a top 5 player.

#broughtback

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    CEOs show their worth in a crisis.

Gil has shown he is worthless.

I'm not debating this part at all.

But....could you imagine trying to negotiate pay reductions with the AFLPA with Paddy D at the helm

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Hit outs are volume with minimal quality. The volume of ruck contests he attends is elite for sure.

Contested ball is elite, but do you want a ruckman winning your contested ball. See Priddis in brownlow year, it was not conducive to winning football. Get the ball in the hands of your explosive mids.

Is a good mark around the ground but you'll see him be a short hit up target etc far too often for my liking. Anyone can do that. Get down the fucking line m8.

Again it's splitting hairs a bit, he's a really good player I just think his impact is over sold. Ive never seen him as a top 5 player.

Swans really lack that hit up target, it's a huge weakness we have.

His tap work is exceptional, he's been the best hitout to advantage guy the past couple of years. He was 21 clear of NicNat this year for example, who is considered elite in that area.

He'd probably be our most explosive midfielder given our two best in that area are forbidden from playing midfield and instead stuck in the pockets at either end of the ground. Seriously though, getting first hands on it is a big result.

He's an enormous reason why a team with no forwardline and that has basically just played musical chairs in defense the past few years has still been a top 4 team. Also not a surprise they fell apart a bit as the season went on this year and couldn't beat any of the decent teams outside the Eagles shock given how injured he looked.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    To be fair, the fact you're stating not top 5 as the level of criteria to exclude him probably says it all to me!

It's also clearly our biggest need, can't rely on Naismith to get fit at this point and we've got less than nothing behind him.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes View Post
    I'm not debating this part at all.

But....could you imagine trying to negotiate pay reductions with the AFLPA with Paddy D at the helm
    To the contrary, there's never been an easier time to negotiate a pay reduction. Ever.

On an unrelated note, in the wafl Claremont sacked their head coach (made the GF for those unaware), the board saying wanted to explore other options given current football climate ie there should be some top quality looking for jobs in the next few months.

#broughtback

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    I remember the game against GWS last year where people were fapping over Grundy scoring 180 fantasy points. A 48 hitout, 30 possession, 10 clearance game against Mumford and Dawson Simpson.

GWS won by 8 goals, smashed Pies in clearances and had a dozen goals from clearances despite not having their two best mids in Kelly and Coniglio available.

Yenny comparing some of Grundy clearances to Priddis is a pretty apt comparison.

I think Grundy and his stamina is phenomenal for a big guy, his marking and ability to find the ball is elite. But his ruck craft is average, hia proportion of hitouts to advantage is below average compared to most other rucks in the league and for Collingwood and their highly touted midfield I feel like they don't dominate scores from clearances like they should based on paper.

These days if a clearance is just quickly chucked on the boot and not deep inside 50, then a turnover opens the whole game up.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    To be fair, the fact you're stating not top 5 as the level of criteria to exclude him probably says it all to me!

It's also clearly our biggest need, can't rely on Naismith to get fit at this point and we've got less than nothing behind him.
    Yeah yeah I've said he's very good and I'm splitting hairs.

There has to be a set of very special circumstances to make a guy worth 1m+ and just not sure he's there. That's better than top 5, it's like a generational player.

Also, aren't you still paying Lance 1m?

#broughtback