Close

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast
    Rep Level
    Some accounting jobs you are just safe as houses
    Gamblor could probably go to his bosses desk, drop a shit and his boss would say "Thanks mate, did you need me to wipe that for you"

Rep Level
    Has there been any update on the Treloar situation?

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgang View Post
    Has there been any update on the Treloar situation?
    Essentially they are allowed to sort it out whenever they want and the trade got raitified

I have absolutely NFI what that was supposed to mean

I tend to think the AFL will simply let Treloar be payed outside the cap and hope no one notices or cares

Teams
    West Coast, Oakland Raiders
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/12/...-in-melbourne/

Top draft prospect Archie Perkins has told interstate AFL clubs that he wants to play his football in Melbourne.

Perkins has been touted as a potential top-10 draft selection who can play through the midfield and as a forward.

The Sandringham Dragons product was asked whether he had notified non-Victorian clubs of his desire to remain in his home state in 2021.

“Yes, I have. I hope they take that on board,” Perkins told SEN Mornings.

“I get that they’re doing what’s in the best interests of their footy club, but I just think personally that I’m not ready for that in this stage of my life.

“I feel like it would impact me too much and I don’t think it would be in their best interests as a footy club to have me there because I wouldn’t be 100 per cent with it, and couldn’t really commit myself 100 per cent as opposed to staying here.

“I would be ready to go and fully committed. I just don’t think I’m ready for that and I wanted to be honest about it.”

Perkins has been interviewed multiple times by both Hawthorn and Essendon ahead of tonight’s AFL Draft.

What a soft as fuck mummy's boy.... The AFL is a national competition - if you can't handle the possibility of moving interstate then don't nominate for the draft, it is that simple. Really annoys me when these kids say shit like this.
    Selfie Stick Hater

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Players have too much power unfortunately and with the talent pool spread so thin they can dictate shit like this without fear of having no list spot at all.
    #NBCSiberia

Rep Level
    Western Bulldogs Liverpool
    If they're going to go that way, at least he's being honest with the clubs. That being said, it's arguably draft tampering and almost certainly would be if this was a kid from another state where there are only 2 teams.

Rep Level
    Im happy to do away with the draft altogether and just have academies only

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    My biggest takeaway was that the draft is tonight... did not have a clue.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Hope he gets to North, Carlton or Melbourne like he wants <3

Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    do all draftees get paid the same or is it like the NBA, where the higher pick you go, the higher paid you get.

Part of me wants a interstate club to troll him and pick him up. alas, won't happen. I get what he is saying, but geech, going to the media is a bit shitty. Surely they have interviews where they say this stuff.
    Scunthorpe

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    It depends on the round you're drafted in. There are special incentives for the player that goes pick 1 though.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyVanVeen View Post
    do all draftees get paid the same or is it like the NBA, where the higher pick you go, the higher paid you get.

Part of me wants a interstate club to troll him and pick him up. alas, won't happen. I get what he is saying, but geech, going to the media is a bit shitty. Surely they have interviews where they say this stuff.
    Depends which club you play for id say

In Geelong each first round draftee gets 90,000 dollars + incentives + a car + a house + a yacht in the Maldives id say

Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Depends which club you play for id say

In Geelong each first round draftee gets 90,000 dollars + incentives + a car + a house + a yacht in the Maldives id say
    you forgot the surfing board + puff piece about it. Cause that is the only place, outside the Gold Coast, which has surf.
    Scunthorpe

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyVanVeen View Post

I actually find the honesty refreshing. At least he's not talking about moving so he can be only 600km away from his sister or one of the myriad BS reasons given over time.

Letting teams know that he's not sure he will handle the move well is just being honest, didn't say he wont go just that he's not sure it would be good for him if he did.

Maybe I'm just used to it after years of following an interstate side and other sports.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    I actually find the honesty refreshing. At least he's not talking about moving so he can be only 600km away from his sister or one of the myriad BS reasons given over time.

Letting teams know that he's not sure he will handle the move well is just being honest, didn't say he wont go just that he's not sure it would be good for him if he did.

Maybe I'm just used to it after years of following an interstate side and other sports.
    Admitting to being a coward isnt enough of a win for me

Just dont be a coward

Rep Level
    Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    Yeah would say fuck him and draft him regardless.
    TTP

Rep Level
    What a shitshow that draft night was

Amateurish at best. Wayyyyyy too many bids for players, waiting fucking 5 minutes to make your pick when you 100% know who it is already for example. The interveiws after everyone got picked with the rinse/repeat lines. All just ultimate cringe

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    That kid sounds like a little bitch. Would hope every interstate teams puts a little target on his back when they play him

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Classic stretching it out for ages to please the network.

First pick was at 7.30 and I had to turn it off at like 10.30 or 11 and they were only up to pick 50 odd.

I remember going for a walk back when it used to be at 10.30am and it being done after I finished my walk.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rep Level
    I just remember that when you had pick 1, you used to get the first player picked in the draft

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    The whole thing seemed amateurish at best and I can't believe it dragged on as long as it did. I only tuned in for the top 10 and then again around the time of the Eagles picks.

Brad Johnson seemed to have no understanding of how the draft or bids etc worked. They just bumbled their way through the whole night. So underwhelming them trying to talk their way through pick swaps etc.

There was only one guy on the Panel that seemed to have ever watched any of the players drafted. But they basically hyped up every selection as good business.

The whole bidding shit was insufferable, random pick swaps to gain a few extra points, Collingwood live trading up once their academy player was picked to bid on the Lions academy player Coleman, then trading the pick out with Adelaide after it was matched and then Bombers bidding on 2 players only to then pass on their pick.

Rep Level
    Just once id like to here

"I cant believe they used pick 20 on him. he is a rookie pick at best. He has shown nothing. Id be very surprised if he is on a list in 2 years time"

Stephen SMith would do it

Teams
    West Coast
    Rep Level
    WCE NULL NULL
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    That kid sounds like a little bitch. Would hope every interstate teams puts a little target on his back when they play him
    He'll cry the first good bump he gets. Sound like a soft cock for sure.
    "Life is a bitch, learn how to screw it. "

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Not really sure I see the problem. He was asked a question and answered it honestly. Everyone preaches how much they want honesty in draftees and then turns around and slams him when he provides it. Clubs outside of Victoria could have still taken him and backed themselves in so once again this just seems like people melting over nothing to be honest.

The alternative is he lies, says he's comfortable going anywhere, realises he doesn't like it there and requests a trade home. In which case everyone piles on. Lose-lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    I just smash the keyboard and hope.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    Not really sure I see the problem. He was asked a question and answered it honestly. Everyone preaches how much they want honesty in draftees and then turns around and slams him when he provides it. Clubs outside of Victoria could have still taken him and backed themselves in so once again this just seems like people melting over nothing to be honest.

The alternative is he lies, says he's comfortable going anywhere, realises he doesn't like it there and requests a trade home. In which case everyone piles on. Lose-lose.
    Agree totally but this is not mutually exclusive to sounding and looking like a bitch!

Swans killed the draft though, so that's nice. Getting the best player in the draft at pick 4 is always an amazing result. Now for Horse to move him to CHB and ruin him but at least until that happens there is hope.