Close

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    If I'm bulldogs I'm doing the medical tonight and then backing away until the final ten minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    I just smash the keyboard and hope.

Rep Level
    Western Bulldogs Liverpool
    I think whatever we offer Collingwood should be highly contingent on how much of his salary they pay. As a rough example, if they want a first rounder, I would expect them to be paying at least half his contract and at the other end, if they expect us to pay all his contract, I would only want to give them a 3rd-4th round pick, ideally a future pick.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Hewett is an interesting player for mine. He's really, really slow but he's pretty good by foot, tackles well and a solid, if not limited, run with player.

His problem is he's pretty mediocre in every position outside the inside midfield role so very much a one trick pony at a team that already has Kennedy in that position and the Parker also as a slow inside mid that's somewhat limited in other positions (he's a great midfielder pushing forward but pretty ordinary as an actual forward).

Throw in that our two best midfielders don't even get to play midfield, Blakey (who has flashed the potential to be a star in the midfield) and I would assume a couple more younger midfielders in this draft and it's just hard to fit Hewett in to the mix. Also have Florent (stagnation is a real issue), Rowbottom (don't see anything special from him, just looks a good bottom end of the 22 type) and Stephens (he looks special but reckon he's on the wing for a few years yet but he looks capable of genuine midfield long term) who need minutes through there.

Trading him at rock bottom value unsolicited is so Sydney of the Harley era though. Anyone who gets him for a late 2nd out that has a need for his type is getting a pretty good value for mine although to be fair there aren't a lot of clubs that actually need what he is.

Love that we want to keep Aliir after playing him out of position and seemingly hating everything he does for a couple of seasons. Not really sure how he fits with Horse's obsession of playing Mills in a back pocket anyway. Melican, McCartin and Rampe to me seems enough key defense, especially with Brand and Dawson (who can play the 3rd tall role very well) already around.

Then again, I basically haven't agreed with anything we've done since Harley came on board except I guess not trading Papley or for Daniher last year but I'm not sure failing to do anything deserves credit... I guess I have to get used to being a poorly run club after so long of being at the peak of off field performance as we seem to be perfectly happy with sustained mediocrity at all levels.

Rep Level
    Alir would be nuts to not take up Ports offer. Sydney have treated him like garbage. Port will put him in defense and give him a crack. Its a absolute no brainer for the guy surely

Hewett is a role player. The question is which team can and wants to play a hard tag role player. Only club I can think of would be Collingwood as some form of Levi Greenwood upgrade.

Stephenson rumored to have met with North. Would be a good get for Nortjh as they can affordf his absurd salary and he can fit a need. A 3rd rounder for Stephenson could be a win/win

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    How much of a joke is the Carlton football club? Publicly get Papley to commit last year, don't get a deal done. Publicly get Saad to commit, back out of a deal. You knew Disco was going to ask for pick 8, yes it's overs but you're agreeing to pay him overs so what's the problem?

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    How much of a joke is the Carlton football club? Publicly get Papley to commit last year, don't get a deal done. Publicly get Saad to commit, back out of a deal. You knew Disco was going to ask for pick 8, yes it's overs but you're agreeing to pay him overs so what's the problem?
    Yeah its just stupid. Dont target players you cant get. How hard is that to figure out?

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Would imagine if they push for PSD again Norf and hopefully Hawthorn are ready to pounce. He'd easily slot into our back six

Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    And done deal

Saad, pick 48 and 78 to Blues.
    Pick 8 and 87 to Bombers.

good work media.
    Scunthorpe

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Carlton really got their knickers in a knot over 78 for 87. That's the only bit that wasn't reported as agreed last night.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyVanVeen View Post
    And done deal

Saad, pick 48 and 78 to Blues.
    Pick 8 and 87 to Bombers.

good work media.
    Carlton got owned there

Rep Level
    Carlton really got their knickers in a knot over 78 for 87. That's the only bit that wasn't reported as agreed last night.
    Nah they just bent over to a deal they didnt like or want

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Nakia Cockatoo is a Brisbane Lions player.

Geelong receives a future third rounder, which the Lions got from Melbourne.

Great get for the Lions, now to get him fit

Rep Level
    Nakia Cockatoo is a Brisbane Lions player.

Geelong receives a future third rounder, which the Lions got from Melbourne.

Great get for the Lions, now to get him fit
    I imagine we now give a future 3rd rounder for Witherden

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Lachie Fogarty and pick 38 to Carlton for pick 30 and pick 51 to Geelong.

Rep Level
    Lachie Fogarty and pick 38 to Carlton for pick 30 and pick 51 to Geelong.
    A weird one because I really dont rate the guy at all

I cant believe Carlton are looking to delist Matthew Kennedy to pay this guy

Kennedy is twice the player. Seems like they didnt learn from Darcy Lang

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Aliir Aliir to be traded from Sydney to Port Adelaide today in exchange for a future second-round pick. Paperwork to be lodged this afternoon.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Actually a pretty good payout for Allir given how much we devalued him the last two years.

That Saad trade is horrific for Carlton, he's the 3rd best HBF on their list (admittedly Williams wont play there but still...). That contract was always a PSD type move and then you cave. This is why Dodo can Dodo every year, idiotic clubs that fold to him.

Nokia is a good value play by the Lions, back the medical staff in as they seem to be miracle workers.

Lachie Young a similarly good value move by North, especially if that's a long term play to get Hayden as well.

Hewett isn't just a tagger Embers, in fact he's a pretty limited tagger due to the lack of speed. Much better as a ball winner in the guts but for whatever reason there are tons of them around right now so hard to find a good fit. Think Crows probably would make the most sense.

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Given his S.A, makes a bit of sense I suppose.

Concern there is if he's slow, doesn't help with our defensive efforts coming out of the middle then with Matt Crouch having no speed either.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rep Level
    Aliir Aliir to be traded from Sydney to Port Adelaide today in exchange for a future second-round pick. Paperwork to be lodged this afternoon.
    Very good trade for Port. Tend to think he excels in that environment

Teams
    West Coast, Oakland Raiders
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Lions defender Alex Witherden’s slated move to West Coast is in limbo despite the two clubs essentially agreeing on his trade value.

Foxfooty.com.au understands the size of his contract and who pays for it is the sticking point and increases the chances of the 22-year-old remaining in Queensland.

Witherden has two years remaining on a Brisbane contract worth more than what West Coast is willing to pay.

The former Geelong Falcon is assessing whether he would be willing to accept a significant wage reduction, or stay at the Lions where he loves his teammates and the club and fight for a place in Chris Fagan’s best 22.
    Selfie Stick Hater

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    Lions defender Alex Witherden’s slated move to West Coast is in limbo despite the two clubs essentially agreeing on his trade value.

Foxfooty.com.au understands the size of his contract and who pays for it is the sticking point and increases the chances of the 22-year-old remaining in Queensland.

Witherden has two years remaining on a Brisbane contract worth more than what West Coast is willing to pay.

The former Geelong Falcon is assessing whether he would be willing to accept a significant wage reduction, or stay at the Lions where he loves his teammates and the club and fight for a place in Chris Fagan’s best 22.
    Should go to Collingwood

Be on 750k a year

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Given his S.A, makes a bit of sense I suppose.

Concern there is if he's slow, doesn't help with our defensive efforts coming out of the middle then with Matt Crouch having no speed either.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    He's a very good defensive runner, not fast but he'll work all day in that direction at least. He's quite similar to Greenwood to be honest.

Teams
    West Coast, Oakland Raiders
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Shaun Higgins has been traded to Geelong for pick 30.
    Selfie Stick Hater

Rep Level
    In other news Former Eagles and Hawks player Luke Brooksnby is engaged to Abbey Holmes

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    Shaun Higgins has been traded to Geelong for pick 30.
    Shaun Higgins has been traded to Geelong for pick 30 and a 2 storey oceanfront Simmonds Home next door to Zac Tuohy