Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgang View Post
    We better not end up with a Tigers vs Geelong grand final

Teams
    Essendon, Arsenal
    Rep Level
    Essendon Bombers Arsenal NULL
    Lol Bruce has already started banging on about dusty and danger
    Last edited by whale; 17th October 2020 at 10:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    fuck i cant wait till dinner hope we get take away
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    ended up getting kfc

wowowowowow

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    If 2020 was a grand final...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teams
    West Coast, Oakland Raiders
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Both teams that lost in the qualifying final make the GF.

Has that happened before?
    Selfie Stick Hater

Rep Level
    Cats should've won by 12+ goals. Control all night, even with Selwood doing nothing and Dangerfield putting in a typical finals performance from him. Parfit great and Gaz' 3rd qtr was banderas.

Fucking disgusting gf matchup tho.

Want gaz to win a premiership but the trade off being danger with get one Scott's an average coach and don't think he can one up Hardwick.

But fuck Richmond.

Fuck 2020

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    Both teams that lost in the qualifying final make the GF.

Has that happened before?

It's below 50% win rate for QF winners now (since the post-season bye was introduced).
    #NBCSiberia

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post

It's below 50% win rate for QF winners now (since the post-season bye was introduced).
    Dogs came from 8th to make GF so doesn't count.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post

QF winners have lost more prelims in the last 5 seasons than from 2000 - 2015 combined

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Unsure of who I want to win, or more who I'd rather see lose.

Richmond have been up for ages now and I'm still salty.

Geelong I'd love to see Ablett win another but dislike Scott, Danger and Selwood.

When it's a lose/lose like that, just need it to be a good hitout to make up for it.

Teams
    New Orleans Saints, Geelong, Liverpool, OKC
    Rep Level
    New Orleans Saints Geelong Cats Liverpool

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    The absolute worst case scenario from that top 8 I reckon.

Two very ordinary prelims as well, Port game mired by horrible umpiring and mediocre football, strong pressure at least, Geelong game just terribly non-competitive, genuinely felt like a normal regular season game with little on the line.

The double bye is a massive detriment. Prior to it's introduction the record was 17 of 18 for the side that won the qualifying final in the 9 years prior, since it's inception the home team is now 4 of 10. That's way more than a statistical anomaly at this point.

Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    the double bye was worse this year with shortened quarters and lack of reserves. No idea why they had a stupid bye this year. What purpose did it have in a year where everything beforehand was rushed with 4 day breaks.

To think the AFL changed the fixture because the gambling companies were unhappy that coaches rested players. I hate the bye so so so much.

This grand final is just yuck. really couldn't care who wins or loses. To think it is a night grand final as well. if it wasn't an "event", I reckon I would watch something else.

God I hate the VFL.
    Scunthorpe

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyVanVeen View Post
    the double bye was worse this year with shortened quarters and lack of reserves. No idea why they had a stupid bye this year. What purpose did it have in a year where everything beforehand was rushed with 4 day breaks.

To think the AFL changed the fixture because the gambling companies were unhappy that coaches rested players. I hate the bye so so so much.

This grand final is just yuck. really couldn't care who wins or loses. To think it is a night grand final as well. if it wasn't an "event", I reckon I would watch something else.

God I hate the VFL.
    I switched over to the NRL game and man that was a good game and better contest

If W.A had a NRL team Id be swapping my membership for sure

Rep Level
    From what I saw of the Brisbane vs Geelong game, I got no idea why Brisbane want Daniher. Its the midfield that needs work. Lyons/Ellis-Yolmen/Bailey/Rayner dont appear up to it and in recent times Neale has been swamped trying to do it on his own. Im not even sure if 1 midfielder is enough to fix the issue. They actually need 2 so they can settlle Zorko as a full time forward. Body doesnt appear up to the midfield nowadays.

Id be after Brad Crouch first and foremost and then Zach Merrett
    Last edited by Embers; 18th October 2020 at 10:50 AM.

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    From what I saw of the Brisbane vs Geelong game, I got no idea why Brisbane want Daniher. Its the midfield that needs work. Lyons/Ellis-Yolmen/Bailey/Rayner dont appear up to it and in recent times Neale has been swamped trying to do it on his own. Im not even sure if 1 midfielder is enough to fix the issue. They actually need 2 so they can settlle Zorko as a full time forward. Body doesnt appear up to the midfield nowadays.

Id be after Brad Crouch first and foremost and then Zach Merrett
    Their forwards are awful too though, outside of Cameron, who is really a goal scoring threat for them?

Ellis-Yolmen seemed to be stationed as a forward which is a waste for his skills imo. He either has to be a big bodied inside midfielder or not in the team at all. He's too slow around the ground to add much, can be somewhat of a marking target up forward but not enough to make it worth while and his kicking isn't anything special.

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Looked like CEY was playing a lockdown role on Stewart. I think a fit Daniher will straighten them up a bit, him and Hipwood + Cameron and Rayner is a solid starting point.
    #NBCSiberia

Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    I switched over to the NRL game and man that was a good game and better contest

If W.A had a NRL team I’d be swapping my membership for sure
    just rub it in would ya....The AFL are, again, trying to force North down to us. one can not understate how pissed off I would be if that happens.

Also, Go jack jumpers.
    Scunthorpe

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Rayner is one of those guys up for a big preseason, came in with a poor tank but really next year he's out of excuses and needs to be a midfielder. Realistically he's on that Petracca path and really needs to make the jump.

Their team is solid but I think they probably overachieved a bit from the massive home ground advantage, like I look at them and they're not a top list, Andrews insists on spoiling way too often and the rest of the backline is pretty pedestrian (Rich is a great kick though), Cameron is an elite small forward and Hipwood, while underwhelming given his physical gifts, is actually pretty good still but after that it's an inconsistent McCarthy as the next best. I get Daniher though the irony that their goal kicking is an issue and he's who they go for, honestly think Cameron is a better choice for them as a target, just a considerably better player and fits the missing part way better of an up ground option, Daniher is basically Hipwood but a bit better when fit (but never fit) while Cameron is a huge upgrade on what McStay is kind of providing.

Midfield could use another piece, Merrett absolutely the Bomber they should be into for mine. Treloar if remotely available would also be a great get of guys that seem to be genuinely available. They need another outside spread guy and with their ground ball forwards Treloars chaos kicking actually works alright.

Mentioned in another thread but the carefactor for the GF is all time low, honestly if one of the boys puts up an offer to play golf instead I almost certainly would. It's probably the two ugliest play style teams in the league, would also be two of the top 4 most unlikeable teams in general. The time is in genuine no mans land, the venue is not good for games at that time and it just feels wrong. Which I guess sums up this season.

Said it before though, that pre finals bye is genuinely aids, season loses all of its momentum for me, even when the Swans were in it I just stopped caring at that bye but when your teams not in it you check out entirely and I'm pretty confident in saying that historically I'm one of the bigger watches of football going around. To be fair I think the fact that I watch football about 85% for fantasy reasons these days contributes but even then I haven't even submitted daily fantasy teams for 3/4 of the finals (partly because of aids starting times for the last few weeks).

Reckon I might not watch AFL next year. Don't like the leadership, don't like the sport and the direction it's heading, find games more frustrating with what it was and what it could be compared to what it is than fun and it's such a waste of time.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Would spend more time on here shitposting about vfl than I would watching it

Pretty much zero connection with the game anymore, other than rage issues

Teams
    West Coast
    Rep Level
    WCE NULL NULL
    Brisbane nearly got handed the premiership this year by not having to leave the state all year. Still couldn't make the GF. Very disappointing. Tigers to win it from here.
    "Life is a bitch, learn how to screw it. "

Teams
    West Coast
    Rep Level
    WCE NULL NULL
    A bottle of Johnnie walker Blue label (is really crap whiskey for the price) on the Tigers against my brother this weekend.

Putting cash on Rioli for first goal, Tigers by 4, and Martin to win his 3rd Norm smith.

Even if Tigers lose. it 's his birthday next week, really all good.
    "Life is a bitch, learn how to screw it. "

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DALBS View Post
    A bottle of Johnnie walker Blue label (is really crap whiskey for the price) on the Tigers against my brother this weekend.

Putting cash on Rioli for first goal, Tigers by 4, and Martin to win his 3rd Norm smith.

Even if Tigers lose. it 's his birthday next week, really all good.
    It's meant to be wet, possibly very wet. Tigers play wet weather all the time and Cats play the opposite of wet weather footy. Could be the ugliest Tigers GF yet, which is saying something.

It's weird but there's basically no part of me that sees the Cats winning in the wet and very little that sees them in the dry, based on this season I'm just expecting a terrible game really.

Rep Level
    If you want to enjoy the whiskey you could easily knock off $70 from the Blue Label price and get something far more enjoyable.

If it's going to be more of a leave-on-the-shelf-unopened type thing, then fairo. I'm not a JW fan at all but the Blue Label really is absurdly overpriced.