Fucking fantastic final series so far
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    fuck i cant wait till dinner hope we get take away
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    ended up getting kfc

wowowowowow

Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Denver Nuggets Denver Broncos
    Eagles are fucking pathetic and such an insecure team. One of the worst seasons and finals combination i can think of, everything fell into place for them this season and not only could they not secure top 4 they go out in the first week...

Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Arsenal

Also good time to remember my password

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Coupla strong vfl umpiring calla but fuck me we were shit. Senior players didn't rock up, lack of structure allowing flagpies to break so easily.

Can we grab a refund on Tim kelly?

Rep Level
    Born in QLD so up the lions

Teams
    West Coast, QPR, Seahawks
    Rep Level
    Seattle Seahawks WCE Queens Park Rangers
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes View Post
    Eagles are fucking pathetic and such an insecure team. One of the worst seasons and finals combination i can think of, everything fell into place for them this season and not only could they not secure top 4 they go out in the first week...
    How did everything fall into place? Had shitloads of injuries towards the end of the year, which certainly played a role in us not making finals.

Not good enough overall to make a splash this year overall, but your 'everything falling into place' is just plain wrong.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes View Post
    Ill post the season thoughts in the toast thread but lol at things falling into place. More so went the opposite way in reality. Any evidence of things "falling into place?"

Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Denver Nuggets Denver Broncos
    Quote Originally Posted by trigg View Post
    How did everything fall into place? Had shitloads of injuries towards the end of the year, which certainly played a role in us not making finals.

Not good enough overall to make a splash this year overall, but your 'everything falling into place' is just plain wrong.
    Shortened season with less travelling throughout the year than they would normally be subject to. Able to still play at their home ground in their home state for a number of consecutive weeks. Other clubs were forced to play at neutral or other teams home grounds. Every team has injuries that they could point to, not to mention before any of that they were the favourites heading into the season i believe.
    Last edited by Forbes; 4th October 2020 at 12:11 AM.

Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    Coupla strong vfl umpiring calla but fuck me we were shit. Senior players didn't rock up, lack of structure allowing flagpies to break so easily.

Can we grab a refund on Tim kelly?

Death

Taxes

Eagles fans complaining about umpires

3 certainties in life

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisdaryl View Post
    Death

Taxes

Eagles fans complaining about umpires

3 certainties in life

I'm more mad at people being stupid enough to believe pies had 0 chance. Giving them the perfect backs against the wall motivation.

Maybe it was Eddie who planned this

How anyone thinks pies arnt dangerous is fucking lol.

Rep Level
    Actually nah most mad about kelly handball at the death. Turn into your fucking right and lace out a fucking inside 50.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Well my pick to win the flag is still alive and that was their hardest game to get there.

Every Pies goal pretty much was a wow type of play, either huge contested marks, amazing finishes or just Cox doing something positive.

Was so weird to see Darling not choke in a final and the Eagles still losing though, if you'd told me he'd show up and they'd lose I'd laugh, he never shows up in tough games!

This game managed to have my favourite and least favourite umpiring decisions of the round as well. The McGovern deliberate was so great to see, fucking hate players who do that shit and it's never called and it's the most deliberate of them all, like you literally turned and walked over the boundary. Was so good.

On the flipside, the Adams holding the ball was all time bad, certainly in the worst few free kicks I've ever seen paid. Not sure how you can pay it against a guy who gets out of the pack and then tackles the player who has the ball and whose own teammate is also tackling them, was so trash.

Would have loved to see a replay of that block to Mihochek as well, didn't look like one to me, looked like another pet peeve of mine of players jumping on a guy who is standing there and getting rewarded for it.

NicNat was huge for the Eagles, they wouldn't have been in the game without him.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    Actually nah most mad about kelly handball at the death. Turn into your fucking right and lace out a fucking inside 50.

Trash footballer. Lazy, second to the contest and in general does not want to succeed. Send him back please

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Pies last two goals were clutch af.

Poor start really fucked us, too many guys who didn't show up.

Mark this season down as a big fail for mine, to not even land top 4 with our list. I'm not surprised though, team just seems to lack killer instinct.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Yep pretty disappointing season in the end. Still think we've got a couple seasons left in our window without any drastic overhauls.

Our mids set up very aggressively at stoppages and played Russian roulette most of the night. While we got 5 goals from centre clearances, when we didn't win the clearance our mids were virtually unsighted.

Pies pulled goals out their arse all night and in the end their accuracy, coupled with our wastefulness in front of goal was the difference.

Teams
    West Coast, Oakland Raiders
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Kelly and Shuey were generally pathetic. Kelly had two touches in the last quarter, Shuey 1. Both had just 1 in the first quarter.

Would be the worst game I have seen Shuey play, looked very rusty.

Kelly has been a huge disappointment overall- he had a couple of great games v saints & freo but way too many poor ones. Maybe the weight of expectation was too much for him.

Petruccelle - 3 handballs and not a single kick, mark, tackle or scoreboard contribution. Literally invisible.

So with him & ah Chee as 2 of our small fwds, effectively 2 short up there - Cripps & Ryan did their best to cover for those 2 plebs.

Our bottom 4 players getting picked are not good enough for afl level, a real issue. So when some of the guns are down also it gets magnified.

Big decisions & off season incoming for wce - failure of a season, when you look at the amount of star players/ all Australians it is not good enough to be out week 1 of the finals.

Still can’t believe Jetta wasn’t picked ahead of Petruccelle/ Ah Chee/ Ainsworth- proven finals player, even playing at half fwd he would have a bigger impact than those 3.

I was hoping Schofield would be a late in with the tall team the pies named - he was just so solid last few weeks, very reliable.

Credit to the pies, they had a gameplan that worked well - have to applaud the desire/ effort the pies players produced. Very impressive, huge backs to the wall win for them - kudos.
    Selfie Stick Hater

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    End of the day it was a very even cotmest that came down to which side took their chances.

That game demonstrated just how badly we miss Rioli (even Venables). Ah Chee goes from being delisted to playing every game, bar 1, as a half forward for an output of 6 goals. Petrucelle with his pace nowhere to be seen, he's a one trick pony. Ainsworth as a forward can't position himself to find the ball and he is basically only good as a defensive/negating player.

We signed Jamaine Jones and Nic Reid in the off season (granted Jones looked lively before his injury). We really need an actual small/mid sized forward that knows where to position themselves, can snap a goal if the opportunity presents, crumbs the ball and applies pressure.

Chucking multiple midfielders in the forward line only works on paper for the All Australian team.

Disappointed we didn't play Jetta, he's stepped up in finals/big games when we've needed him and at this point it looks like we may delist him, which I'd be furious about given how well he is viewed as a mentor for the indigenous boys.

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Naitanui and Ryan were awesome to watch. The advantage of having Naitanui in the ruck is nuts, hopefully he continues to remain fit and healthy, love seeing him play. Kennedy missing a bunch hurt as he's normally a great kick.

Collingwood were my tip for the flag going into the year but Howe is such a big loss for them, shame he hasn't been able to get back in time. If they had him and Sidebottom healthy I think they'd be a real threat. Think they're a little behind the pace but could push Geelong.

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Last night definitely vindicated NicNat as AA ruckman, what an absolute fucking beast. Liam Ryan fast becoming one of my favourites as well, such a skilful and smart footballer.
    #NBCSiberia

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    End of the day it was a very even cotmest that came down to which side took their chances.

That game demonstrated just how badly we miss Rioli (even Venables). Ah Chee goes from being delisted to playing every game, bar 1, as a half forward for an output of 6 goals. Petrucelle with his pace nowhere to be seen, he's a one trick pony. Ainsworth as a forward can't position himself to find the ball and he is basically only good as a defensive/negating player.

We signed Jamaine Jones and Nic Reid in the off season (granted Jones looked lively before his injury). We really need an actual small/mid sized forward that knows where to position themselves, can snap a goal if the opportunity presents, crumbs the ball and applies pressure.

Chucking multiple midfielders in the forward line only works on paper for the All Australian team.

Disappointed we didn't play Jetta, he's stepped up in finals/big games when we've needed him and at this point it looks like we may delist him, which I'd be furious about given how well he is viewed as a mentor for the indigenous boys.
    Injuries a big factor for the Eagles, reckon the Kelly trade the real price you paid is the depth that he costs you (both picks and the salary cap).

But Yeo, Jones and Hutchings replace hose bottom 3 if fit and add a lot more, change Jones to Rioli if he can beat the ban and not come back like a blimp then that's a huge difference. Kelly and Yeo are the two mids who can genuinely play forward as well so one not playing and the other forced into full time mid where he was, admittedly, very poor this year.

Also for all the talk about the Pies having to quarantine, let's not pretend the Eagles didn't also have to do the same thing, I'd actually contend that quarantining at home but not being allowed to interact with your family is even harder than quarantining at a resort with the whole team and facilities available.

Eagles in an interesting position, big preseason for their fitness after so many injuries this year and they're probably the team the quarantine stuff hurts most so think they can bounce back but some of their older guys are starting to show a bit of age, need some kids other than Oscar to start showing something as well. Need to get games into Cameron for mine, he's the one who has flashed the skills they need even if incredibly inconsistent.

Recruiting will be interesting, not a lot of the guys out there really fit what they need which means they need to probably go and create a trade maybe. Fantasia is one that would make sense on field, if they can get him fit and shouldn't cost much, not sure who the small forwards are but need to go hard in the draft on that area. Bobby Hill over at GWS another they could target though I think he's more winger than forward long term. Langdon and Daniels also could be worth chasing, GWS are fragile when it comes to player retention and both can do a role.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post
    Last night definitely vindicated NicNat as AA ruckman, what an absolute fucking beast. Liam Ryan fast becoming one of my favourites as well, such a skilful and smart footballer.
    Don't know about that on NicNat. The argument wasn't how well he played the 2nd half of the season but how bad he was in the first half and having another good game now doesn't change that.

I don't have a problem with him making it though, Grundy wasn't to his own standard this year and he really limped home. Goldy was pretty ordinary the 2nd half of the season and Gawn missed a couple of extra games and NicNat did close out stronger so it's a fine selection. The ruck was one of the few positions I think they did a fine job selecting.

Ryan's close to this season has been crazy good as well, not sure where it came from but he just seems fit from mid season onward, just making more contests. Has always been good at the contests he makes so that's a huge factor for him. Hope he has a major preseason and comes back even better.

Speaking of clever forwards, Breust is another guy I reckon the Eagles should be chasing. Hawks love to move on the older guys a year early and he's still got a couple of good seasons in him I reckon and might not want to be part of a rebuild. He's got all the forward craft the Eagles could use.

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Breust is 29 (30 in November) so he has more than one good year left. The only one we've moved on early was Lewis and I think hindsight shows that was a rather astute call. We were (still are really) the slowest team in the league with Hodge, Mitchell and subsequently Lewis the following year. Forwards are a little different. We don't score anyway so if he wants a move, I think he's earnt that right but I don't imagine we'll be pushing Luke out just yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    I just smash the keyboard and hope.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Fuck having Brooooooest on our list. Cheering him sounds way too much a BOOOOOO. And we wanna make sure there’s no confusion

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    As for moving guys on a year early being our thing, it's a media driven thing more than anything. Roughead went a year too long, Stratton went a year too long, Puopolo went two years too long.

AC can be ruthless sure but I think his blind loyalty to guys well beyond their best is a very understated, unfortunate trait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    I just smash the keyboard and hope.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    As for moving guys on a year early being our thing, it's a media driven thing more than anything. Roughead went a year too long, Stratton went a year too long, Puopolo went two years too long.

AC can be ruthless sure but I think his blind loyalty to guys well beyond their best is a very understated, unfortunate trait.
    I don't mean it as a bad thing, fwiw.

Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell, Roughy and Birchall were all guys who wanted to go around another year and were pushed on, I'm not sure you could argue that you got any of those wrong from an on field perspective.

Poppy certainly hung around longer than he should have.

Wouldn't be surprised if Smith gets pushed out this year also. McEvoy another that teams should be targeting.

Breust is probably the most underrated of that era for mine, he's a complete clint and incredibly unlikeable for opposition fans but fuck me he's a great player and I struggle to see how he wouldn't make any side a lot better and at 29 I reckon he could be had pretty cheaply in trade terms and I reckon he'd at least listen to a godfather offer from teams in finals contention.