Close

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Fair bit of in the media about that Maynard/Sheed/Rioli situation and play on call. McLovin it

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Was anyone else thinking Ray Finkle when Darling dropped that mark in the goal square?

"THE LACES WERE IN, THEY WERE IN!!"

Rep Level
    We all thought there was 20 seconds to go so when that happened no one in our few rows gave a crap. It was only when Shuey marked it and time kept ticking did we realise how much longer there was to go. Balls got tight then thats for sure
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

Teams
    West Coast, QPR, Seahawks
    Rep Level
    Seattle Seahawks WCE Queens Park Rangers
    I had the radio in one ear - so had a bit of an idea of how long was left most of the time.

Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    The reaction from the Prictorian media has been just classless and disgusting. Running with Cam Munster on the back page of all papers and burying the AFL GF review a further 2 pages in is just pathetic and weak.

Having been to a MCG Grand Final I can now honestly tell you. It has no business at all being there.

Move it to Optus Stadium going forward in that same situation where it belongs. We earnt the right for a home Grand Final so give it to us and let us create a true atmosphere rather then the corporate sell out model the MCG provides

Be srs Perth isnt the number 2 spot for the granny ( would be behind Sydney and Adelaide)

Honestly if we won I wouldn't care how many pages we are in the paper. Its a fucking premiership. I could not give one fuck what the WA media write about us.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Under a normal system it wouldve been Optus stadium because we were the highest ranked team in the GF. Not sure where Sydney or Adelaide come into it lel

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    Under a normal system it wouldve been Optus stadium because we were the highest ranked team in the GF. Not sure where Sydney or Adelaide come into it lel

Just talking more geographically markets, etc.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    If the GF was to be played away from the mcg it would almost certainly be Perth. Not even sure how you can dispute that when it's basically fact

#broughtback

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Also can confirm toast are most successful club in AFL history

#broughtback

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgang View Post
    Because it's Gil and the AFL.

There's not a chance in hell they're giving up a single dollar those sweet corporate seats provide. So now the rest of us are fighting for fewer seats .
    I'm not really an advocate of either argument. However the tradition argument is ironic given the game has evolved and is a shell of what it once was with the amount of rules changes and strategies etc in place now.

Anyway I've attached the ticket configuration/allocation for the Grand Final.

This year 17k went to each competing club (highest allocation ever). You know cramming thousands of us in like sardines in the standing area is so noble of the AFL...

Conversely, Optus could sell several thousand standing tickets (probably up to 10kk on ground level and behind the accessibility seating on the top tier) and you'd comfortably have a better view than the MCG.

Once you take out the MCC and reduce the 31,000 AFL Gold member entitlements (two benefits that exclusively benefits residents of Victoria) then the fans of the competing clubs attending the GF would be at the bare minimum be equal to if not more than the existing allocation.

But I don't think you can legislate a minimum capacity to host the GF, whereby some states are eligible and others aren't.

Teams
    West Coast, Oakland Raiders
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders

Luke Sheed ......
    Selfie Stick Hater

Rep Level
    WCE
    Eaaaaaaaaggglllllllllllles

Super Moderator
    Rep Level
    Hey you guys have your own thread for that. Reported for abuse.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    You canít change the location of the grand final until you fix the corporate situation.

Obviously youíd get rid of MCC if stadium moved but ideal solution would be still play at MCG for the 100k, fuck off the MCC cunts, get rid of afl members and split 70/30 for home team. If they canít sell the 70 then give remaining to away team, if they also canít sell then you give to afl members.

That whole wing on Saturday was 90% pies fans in the AFL members section. Would guarantee wouldíve been same for vic teams since 2011 (last time 2 vic teams played in GF).

That way, AFL still can keep its real corporate tickets and you now get 1000x better atmosphere at ground. While also reducing the criminal on selling of tickets which AFL doesnít benefit from.

The people that rushed through the latest deal need to be shot tbh

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    Also can confirm toast are most successful club in AFL history

Sorry Yenny, think you've sorted it by the wrong column.

Teams
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Selfie Stick Hater

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    You can’t change the location of the grand final until you fix the corporate situation.

Obviously you’d get rid of MCC if stadium moved but ideal solution would be still play at MCG for the 100k, fuck off the MCC cunts, get rid of afl members and split 70/30 for home team. If they can’t sell the 70 then give remaining to away team, if they also can’t sell then you give to afl members.

That whole wing on Saturday was 90% pies fans in the AFL members section. Would guarantee would’ve been same for vic teams since 2011 (last time 2 vic teams played in GF).

That way, AFL still can keep its real corporate tickets and you now get 1000x better atmosphere at ground. While also reducing the criminal on selling of tickets which AFL doesn’t benefit from.

The people that rushed through the latest deal need to be shot tbh
    This is the solution but also highlights the problem.

The corporate element is the real money maker so they get a chunk of seats but bring not atmosphere.

For mine I'd say that you allocate say 70% of the capacity to club members with the higher finishing side getting first access to 2/3 of those tickets with leftovers trickling to other GF first and then on down. So if you got a GC vs GWS GF then the majority would be AFL members rather than the clubs, if GWS and Pies for example then Pies would get a defacto home crowd because GWS don't have enough fans and deserve to lose that advantage as a result. If you had a WCE vs Pies type game, the Eagles would get the home crowd element in their favour.

I like the tradition of the MCG personally but I would love to see the AFL impose on its airline sponsor that they don't price gouge like they do, other airlines sure can but Virgin should be forced to have a standard price they will charge regardless of who makes it from each state so that fans of interstate clubs aren't financially punished by the AFL. Ultimately I'd like more real fans, the MCG really does lack atmosphere compared to a lot of stadiums around the world for the GF because of how corporate and unaffiliated with the clubs playing the crowd is. I'd flip it so that it's 70% competing clubs and 30% others instead of the reverse that currently happens.

Teams
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    If I can be serious for a second, epic game that really could of gone either way.

The pies fans on the day & since have actually been surprisingly gracious & carried themselves well in defeat, even though it would of been absolutely heart breaking to lose in those circumstances.

Also, I think the game proved that it doesn't need any tinkering, just leave it along FFS #FuckGill

We don't a goal cock or any other stupid ideas, the game is fine the way it is.
    Selfie Stick Hater

Rep Level
    WCE
    Liam Ryan marked, Magpies player held possession of the ball after umpire paid the mark. 50m penalty to Ryan, slots it through the big sticks and Eagles win

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    If I can be serious for a second, epic game that really could of gone either way.

The pies fans on the day & since have actually been surprisingly gracious & carried themselves well in defeat, even though it would of been absolutely heart breaking to lose in those circumstances.

Also, I think the game proved that it doesn't need any tinkering, just leave it along FFS #FuckGill

We don't a goal cock or any other stupid ideas, the game is fine the way it is.
    Haven't actually seen basically anything from the Pies fans, they've been great.

It's the media, the same idiots as always, that seem to want to harp on the negative elements (it probably was a block, he certainly played on, there were 20 other incidents you could pick...) instead of the positive elements like Ryan's mark, Sheed's kick, Lycett's tagging job on Grundy, Shuey/Sheed, De Goey's goals, Gov and Barrass in general, Darling's attempted choke (might be negative but I sure enjoyed it!) and also his 3rd quarter fight back after another absolute choke fest in the first half (great character moment), Kennedy in general, Vardy and Cox plucking everything in the 4th. Just so many positive elements that could be the focus of a good game and instead we have the media harping on about a couple of 50/50 calls that were probably blown.

Teams
    West Coast, QPR, Seahawks
    Rep Level
    Seattle Seahawks WCE Queens Park Rangers
    I 100% agree with the comment Bunga made on the Collingwood supporters. I was in a section surrounded by them and they were a great crowd. Apart from one idiot behind me making borderline (didnt quite go too far) racist comments, everyone was really good.

Actually felt really bad for the two guys next to me. They were heartbroken.

Super Moderator
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by trigg View Post
    I 100% agree with the comment Bunga made on the Collingwood supporters. I was in a section surrounded by them and they were a great crowd. Apart from one idiot behind me making borderline (didnt quite go too far) racist comments, everyone was really good.

Actually felt really bad for the two guys next to me. They were heartbroken.
    Was the same with all the WC fans I encountered. Expected it to be thrown in my face walking out of the ground/around the city but just got a few pats on the back and commiserations.

I think because it was soooo in the balance either team was so close to the emotions that the other team experienced, we were so close to that elation that instead we're just devastated instead of angry/bitter. And you guys being behind but so close for 100 minutes would have been feeling ready to deal with the loss. Have really appreciated the mutual respect between the supporters this year and either team would have been a deserving winner. Still shattered though.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Quote Originally Posted by melaniej View Post
    Was the same with all the WC fans I encountered. Expected it to be thrown in my face walking out of the ground/around the city but just got a few pats on the back and commiserations.

I think because it was soooo in the balance either team was so close to the emotions that the other team experienced, we were so close to that elation that instead we're just devastated instead of angry/bitter. And you guys being behind but so close for 100 minutes would have been feeling ready to deal with the loss. Have really appreciated the mutual respect between the supporters this year and either team would have been a deserving winner. Still shattered though.
    Both teams didnít expect to make it this far too which helps. Weíve had 3 good games of footy this year too.

My block was next to a pies block and all the goals you kicked they were up and about but never gave it to us (even at your 5th goal). Unlike half a block of Melbourne fans last week trying to give it out when they got the margin back to 50 points last week

Rep Level
    Holy shit t Collingwood 2nd goal. Atleast 3 free kicks missed to us.
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

Super Moderator
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Holy shit t Collingwood 2nd goal. Atleast 3 free kicks missed to us.
    Shut up and enjoy the win, dickhead!