Close

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
    Rep Level

AFL Trade Period + Draft

May as well create a thread with the amount of rumours that will pop up.

The latest rumour doing the rounds is a mutual interest between Brisbane and Lachie Neale. Pick 4 to Freo is being thrown around.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jihad View Post
    May as well create a thread with the amount of rumours that will pop up.

The latest rumour doing the rounds is a mutual interest between Brisbane and Lachie Neale. Pick 4 to Freo is being thrown around.
    That would be a phenomenal trade by Brisbane.

Teams
    Philadelphia Eagles, Brisbane Lions, Sixers, Hoyas, United, Roma
    Rep Level
    Philadelphia Eagles Man Utd Roma
    TTP

Teams
    Collingwood, Newcastle United, Melbourne City
    Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Newcastle United Chicago Bulls
    Can we please make a rule where we cannot post trade rumours from those fucken shit facebook pages.

Seen one today
    Rumours are surrounding a MAJOR 3-way deal being discussed.

Collingwood
    Lose - Pick 16
    Gain - Dayne Beams

Brisbane
    Lose - Dayne Beams / Pick 22
    Gain - Lachie Neale

Freo
    Lose - Lachie Neale
    Gain - Pick 16 / Pick 22
    Fuck off

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    just broke your own rule mutt
    #NBCSiberia

Teams
    Collingwood, Newcastle United, Melbourne City
    Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Newcastle United Chicago Bulls
    grr

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    So big thing for the Hawx is Dyl Shiel according to #vicbias Herald Sun journos Jon Ralph and Sam Edmund.

GWS want Ceglar quite badly (I don't get it personally, he's a shocking ruckman who gives nothing around the ground) but I guess they want Lobb to go back forwards more? Anyway they're so fucked cap wise that with Shiel going out, they're still asking us to pay part of Ceglars wage as they can't get him under the cap. Journos seem to think Ceglar and a pick (assuming they mean our 1st but could depend how desperate they are to move things around) would see Shiel become a Hawk.

Not what we need but I don't think you ever turn down an elite mid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Did I become this awesome or was it something I was born with?

Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

Its hard sometimes

Rep Level
    Don't care, got more important things to worry about
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Talk that Lloyd and Newman are targets of GC, who then refuted that they were targeting them, which I guess fits with the narrative that they're a complete inept club. Any club who isn't targeting Lloyd and most who aren't targeting Newman should basically fire whoever is scouting Sydney.

Lloyd should have been in the AA team imo and at worst was next picked on the HBF, he's flat out elite in every way at that position at this point and given his rate of improvement over the past couple of years since going back there really isn't any reason to think he can't get even better.

Newman is an elite kick and gamebreaker, Horse hates him with a passion because he's willing to kick in board and take the game on but in a team interested in trying to win games he'd be dynamic. He's basically Kade Simpson without the opportunity.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    That would be a phenomenal trade by Brisbane.
    That would be a phenomenal trade for Fremantle. Neale is a terrible player. Worst tackler/defensive minded player in the league. The guy leaks more possessions then he gets himself with inept ability in and under.

If I was Lions I'd be targeting a player capable of winning some hard ball and contributing defensively. Probably just take a cheaper option and go for Mitch Wallis myself

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    So big thing for the Hawx is Dyl Shiel according to #vicbias Herald Sun journos Jon Ralph and Sam Edmund.

GWS want Ceglar quite badly (I don't get it personally, he's a shocking ruckman who gives nothing around the ground) but I guess they want Lobb to go back forwards more? Anyway they're so fucked cap wise that with Shiel going out, they're still asking us to pay part of Ceglars wage as they can't get him under the cap. Journos seem to think Ceglar and a pick (assuming they mean our 1st but could depend how desperate they are to move things around) would see Shiel become a Hawk.

Not what we need but I don't think you ever turn down an elite mid.
    Surely they can do better. If I'm North I'd trade Goldy or Preuss and their first for Shiel, not even think about it and move on, the leftover ruck is good enough and Shiel is a stud.

Not sure how Hawthorn seem to always end up getting the sweetheart deals. It's like they're still working on the karma from the Kennedy trade of being good blokes. Sydney didn't even ask for anything extra when giving Mitchell away (still dirty on that!) and that would be an all time generous deal if they got Shiel for their first (and Ceglar which is kind of like the old 3rd + Ricky Dyson offer...). If GWS genuinely rate Ceglar then that's even more baffling. Surely you go for Preuss, Abbott, Smith or even Hickey or Pierce before Ceglar (I guess I just don't rate Ceglar at all to be honest).

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    Agree entirely, they've been into Ceglar for a few months now (unrelated to Shiel) and I don't understand it. Mind boggling.

I've been very excited at the prospect of Ceglar leaving personally. That's before the Herald Sun journos tied Shiel into it.

Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

Its hard sometimes

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Honestly, I'd rather Dawson Simpson than Ceglar if I'm the Giants and they've already got him. Probably Ceglar's best skill is his ability as a forward for a ruckman which would make sense if I'm looking for a backup ruckman or even a 2nd ruck advantage but when the reasoning to target a ruckman is so Lobb can play forward, well that fit goes out the window.

Simpson is actually a decent ruckman and throws his weight around at stoppages, that's all they need with that midfield (list really).

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    I've seen Ceglar miss from the goal square twice in his time at Hawthorn. Myself and Hawx friends are at the point where we all have to cover our eyes when he has a shot. If any of us actually watch he misses horrendously.

Its hard sometimes

Veteran
    Rep Level
    I've seen Ceglar miss from the goal square twice in his time at Hawthorn. Myself and Hawx friends are at the point where we all have to cover our eyes when he has a shot. If any of us actually watch he misses horrendously.
    Still his biggest strength...

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Lobb was linked to Toast this morning in the Kim Hagdorn rumour file on 6PR. He also claimed Kennedy is no guarantee to get a contract beyond next season for us.

Clearly GWS struggling financially now the cap relief has dried up and getting Ceglar in to replace Lobb

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    They've botched their cap something fierce.

Its hard sometimes

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    As if they AFL would punish them even if they inevitably do go over.

In effect it would basically be fining themselves and recouping money they handed out to them.to begin with.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    They've botched their cap something fierce.
    One expansion team avoided this issue by not drafting anyone worth paying and the other is going to botch the concessions by nailing the drafting side and then not having a clue how to structure contracts!

Honestly have no idea how an AFL club doesn't have gifted people running the financial side of things, it's all still a big boys club of bad business.

Teams
    Oladipo, Pacers, Seahawks, Mckayla Maroney, Reggie Millerís commentating
    Rep Level
    Indiana Pacers Seattle Seahawks Buffalo Sabres
    What’s with the hawx spelling? It’s giving me a migraine
    Paul Fraud IS A RINGLESS CUNT AND FLOG

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    One expansion team avoided this issue by not drafting anyone worth paying and the other is going to botch the concessions by nailing the drafting side and then not having a clue how to structure contracts!

Honestly have no idea how an AFL club doesn't have gifted people running the financial side of things, it's all still a big boys club of bad business.
    I dare say they paid overs early to keep the ones they wanted to help further build the culture.

This was always going to happen though when hald the team ate top 10 draft picks, no one could manage to keep that amount of talent forever.

As long as they keep nailing the picks though, they'll keep getting top end draft picks when guys get squeezed out. Will take some time before they're 'level' with everyone else.

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    Draft picks are so overrated. Does anyone have a stat on how many players from a draft actually play 100+ games? Or even 50+? Better off targeting those fringe guys like Newman where you know what you're gonna get but for whatever reason aren't getting regular games.

Rep Level
    From a Eagles point of view if we can angle Rory Lobb for Scott Lycett I think its a win for us.

Lycett just wants too much coin and I think Lobb in all honesty suits our set up better. Vardy is better as the first choice ruck until Naita comes back and Lobb is a better forward then Lycett is

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    From a Eagles point of view if we can angle Rory Lobb for Scott Lycett I think its a win for us.

Lycett just wants too much coin and I think Lobb in all honesty suits our set up better. Vardy is better as the first choice ruck until Naita comes back and Lobb is a better forward then Lycett is
    Agree with this tbh. You're kinda praying Vardy is going to stay fit which has proven risky but it is what it is. Naita and a Lobb type is far scarier imo. Don't forget you're probably looking at 1st round compo for Lycett too. Picked a bad year to rocket up the ladder, could have had three picks inside the top 20 if not for compo and retarded priority picks being thrown around.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    West Coast, QPR, Seahawks
    Rep Level
    Seattle Seahawks WCE Queens Park Rangers
    Isnt Lycett a free agent? We will only get compensation out of it so not sure how we are getting Lobbe.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk