Close

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1153
    Teams
    West Coast
    Rep Level
    WCE NULL NULL
    So are Eagles getting Hill or Taylor?

Cats again will be pissed when Jordan Clark comes home in two years.
    "We actually got the winning goal three minutes from the end but then they scored."

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    After reading that I'm certainly less bullish on the Swans to make finals next year.

But look at it this way, you brought forward your 2019 2nd rounder for pick 25 this year, which is still better than where you were expecting the pick to be placed next year anyway, after accounting for compensation picks and Academy or Father Son selections (which has so far pushed the order back 5 spots).

The Eagles future 3rd is likely going to be about the same worth as the unusable pick you would've got this year had you done nothing.

At the absolute worst it's breakeven for you and still the best trade/pick swap you made all off season:
    - you brought forward your future 2nd rounder to this year
    - but most importantly you managed to get a top 10 rated player for basically 2 picks in the 30s and sliding back a few places at the end of the 2nd round to the early 3rd round (39 to 46).

I'm still a bit bemused at other deals you made during the trade period like
    - accepting the Blues/Adelaide inferior deal to West Coast's for pick 13 or
    - practically giving away Hannebery for nothing (i.e. Swapping a Saints 2019 2nd rounder for a pick in the late 20s)

For West Coast, this wheeling and dealing could ease the attempt at trading for Tim Kelly next year for us.

Teams
    Crows, Toon, San Antonio Spurs
    Rep Level
    Carlton
    Formerly TakingthePapiss

Teams
    LA Lakers, Celtic, Victory, Stars
    Rep Level
    Carolina Panthers Los Angeles Lakers Sydney Roosters
    If you can find a market, I reckon the Swans with that draw and late Franklin start to the year are great value for bottom 4.

Teams
    West Coast, Oakland Raiders
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Quote Originally Posted by DALBS View Post
    So are Eagles getting Hill or Taylor?

Cats again will be pissed when Jordan Clark comes home in two years.
    Hoping for Luke Valente :-

Clubs: Norwood/South Australia

Position: Midfielder

Size: 186cm, 80kg

Bio: The inside midfielder captained South Australia in the Under 18 Championships. And after scoring an invite to the AFL draft at Marvel Stadium, he could well be drafted inside the first round. His contested ball winning ability is impressive and he won South Australia’s MVP at the carnival, averaging 22.8 disposals at 84 per cent efficiency.
    Selfie Stick Hater

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Adelaide United, Everton
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Everton NULL
    I'm hoping that the Crows take Valente at 24, but fk me surely we've won that trade against Carlton. Ballsy move from both teams
    We demand an investigation into the replacement of referee Rafshan Irmatov and his departure at a difficult time in such an important match. We ask for an examination of the grassland that was not suitable for the Syrian team, while Australian players seem to be wearing shoes that cling to the long grass, so we saw Syrian players fall during the game, while Australia's players are steady.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    I feel like we are definitely playing the game here. Don't even understand what's going on

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Irving mosquito what a fkn name

#broughtback

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Will be a good get for the Bombers. Loves a big tackle. Question marks over whether or not he'll stick it out and doing year 12 next year mean 38 is way way way too early.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Did I become this awesome or was it something I was born with?

Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

Its hard sometimes

Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    I feel like we are definitely playing the game here. Don't even understand what's going on

On paper it looks like we've played this really well.

We went into the draft with 20, 22, 61, 72, 76 and managed to get 4 players from 28 - 40 and upgrade next year's 3rd rounder into Sydney's 2nd rounder.

Think GWS may have one upped us to trade up to get Ian Hill after we moved back very slightly in the order and gained an extra 2nd rounder from GC.

There's so much moneyball styled wheeling and dealing even I'm struggling to keep up

It's not exactly the simplest system to follow when multiple picks are being flung around everywhere to scrounge up a few more points which in effect get deleted/merged into one pick when used. And then the compensation picks for excess points come into play.

Basically Cameron was nominated at 39 by the Lions, we originally had picks 61, 72, 76 left over. But with multiple picks merging into one etc. from other Academy or F/S selections they basically became 54 and 65 which is just enough to match a bid at 39 and we got an additional compo pick at 69 (now 70) as well.

So the Eagles are now done having filled out our 4 senior spots and will pass with 69 or 70 (unless someone still needs points we may get a future 4th from someone).

Teams
    Philadelphia Eagles, Brisbane Lions, Sixers, Hoyas, United, Roma
    Rep Level
    Philadelphia Eagles Man Utd Roma
    We drafted Jarrod Berry's brother

The clint is stashing some fat on this face thats for sure
    TTP

Teams
    Rep Level

FINBAR

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Adelaide United, Everton
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Everton NULL
    Sydney gamed the system hard. Should be applauded not criticised for taking advantage of the live trading loophole they found tbh
    We demand an investigation into the replacement of referee Rafshan Irmatov and his departure at a difficult time in such an important match. We ask for an examination of the grassland that was not suitable for the Syrian team, while Australian players seem to be wearing shoes that cling to the long grass, so we saw Syrian players fall during the game, while Australia's players are steady.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by sblack View Post

This picture wouldn't look out of place in the sdh rustlage thread. Genuine xir up in the draft

#broughtback

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    A year later than expected, but Tim Mohr is now a hawk. Sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Did I become this awesome or was it something I was born with?

Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Rep Level
    Bwahahahahahahahaha

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    Not sure you really need to hope for that tbh.
    Turns out we got their 2nd rounder from GWS as well so double down on that!

Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Quote Originally Posted by Fools Gold View Post
    Sydney gamed the system hard. Should be applauded not criticised for taking advantage of the live trading loophole they found tbh
    It doesn't cancel out the ineptitude of all their other business in the off season, but I must say this was a cunning scheme

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    After reading that I'm certainly less bullish on the Swans to make finals next year.

But look at it this way, you brought forward your 2019 2nd rounder for pick 25 this year, which is still better than where you were expecting the pick to be placed next year anyway, after accounting for compensation picks and Academy or Father Son selections (which has so far pushed the order back 5 spots).
    That's ignoring that we already had a pick only a few picks later this year anyway, we moved up a dozen spots in a deep draft for the price of our 2nd pick in an apparently shallow draft. I don't like the value.

At the absolute worst it's breakeven for you and still the best trade/pick swap you made all off season:
    - you brought forward your future 2nd rounder to this year
    - but most importantly you managed to get a top 10 rated player for basically 2 picks in the 30s and sliding back a few places at the end of the 2nd round to the early 3rd round (39 to 46).
    That's like saying the priest who films the violation is the best person in a catholic church...

Again, we used our 2nd rounder next year, probably in the 20-30 range, so we could move up ~12 picks this year in a stacked draft. Rowbottom is gonna want to be an awful lot better than all the guys taken around our pick next year and the guys taken where we originally were. Just hate the opportunity cost and don't see the benefit, picks in that 25-40 range are a crapshoot anyway, so we now get one chance instead of 2.

I'm still a bit bemused at other deals you made during the trade period like
    - accepting the Blues/Adelaide inferior deal to West Coast's for pick 13 or
    - practically giving away Hannebery for nothing (i.e. Swapping a Saints 2019 2nd rounder for a pick in the late 20s)

For West Coast, this wheeling and dealing could ease the attempt at trading for Tim Kelly next year for us.
    It's really obvious that Harley has no idea how to manage a cap, he basically took over and ever since all our moves have reeked of salary decisions. Letting Newman go (admittedly Horse's hatred of him is probably the main reason), paying the Saints to take Hanners (how are we giving up the pick in that trade, fuck me, even if he's washed up they're paying the clint 800k+ a year, you don't pay them to get a guy they value that high...), picking up Geelongs reserves and a NM midfielder who can't get midfield minutes for NM, just smells like awesome trading to me.

Combine that with Horse still being the coach and I'm not sure I can remember the last time the Swans have had such an incredibly bad offseason, the coach flat out had to go after the last 5 seasons, he's proven his ineptitude too many times, his crowning achievements in that period are losing two GFs as the more talented team, one as the vastly more talented and experienced, and not even managing to make another as the most talented list over that period. Then the last two seasons have just been utter disgraces when you compare the list to the results. Probably the last time is when we almost hired Terry Wallace instead of Paul Roos and when the last time is an almost not nailing it scenario you know it's fucking bleak.

Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    If you can find a market, I reckon the Swans with that draw and late Franklin start to the year are great value for bottom 4.
    Sadly, agree. Suns should win the spoon and really they should win it comfortably barring shenanigans.

Blues have plenty of reasons to improve but realistically unless they have a completely flawless run with injuries it's hard to not see them as a strong favourite for 17th. Brisbane are young, as Saints and Melbourne showed this year, that can go both ways, but they're a good chance at bottom 4, as are the Saints whose coach might be worse than ours and who still have some good players on the list, if they fire Richardson early enough they could easily get out of the bottom 4 with a semi-competent caretaker. Port could fall to pieces with Hinkley but probably have too much talent, Freo are in the mix but reckon they should be going in the right direction though Neale is a massive loss but really like their kids from last year so more chances for them will be good, they need a good injury run.

North were a miracle this year to me so they're the side that stands out to fall off with the Swans (Eagles also classify but they've got their swagger going and a genuine homefield advantage to cement themselves behind). Swans the very obvious faller to me. Our depth just got weaker, Blakey is unlikely to contribute much of anything this year, Franklin is likely to have a rough start and probably wont train all season, Kennedy looks done, Parker hasn't looked far behind. Horse will keep playing Cunningham et al. McVeigh is not getting younger and he's started getting injuries other than just calves lately as well to compound that. Hey maybe we just need an extended preseason instead of the later starts but I doubt that. If the Swans don't collapse it means that all of Mills, Heeney, Florent and Heyward have started to move towards their potential instead of just treading water or flat out going backwards like they did last year (admittedly, Horse is a huge factor in that...).

I'm hoping that the Crows take Valente at 24, but fk me surely we've won that trade against Carlton. Ballsy move from both teams
    Like it far more for Adelaide, they'd have to be thinking their list is far closer to the GF list than the non-finals list of the last two years, sure they could be wrong but they'd be aiming for top 4. If Carlton aren't bottom 4 I imagine their fans will be pretty up and about... This is one of those plays where you sacrifice what is basically a 2nd round pick for a chance at the absolute elite standout talent next year.

No issue with the gaming of the system, it's the price we paid the Eagles for helping us do it... honestly though, the real answer was not giving that pick to the Saints so they could have Hanners in the first fucking place and creating the entire scenario we then had to game our way out of... It's like saying the idiot who bribes a cop to get out of a bigger fine because he was a dickhead pissing in the street in front of the cops is a smart guy...

Quote Originally Posted by sblack View Post

Genuinely thought this was a Hannah Mouncey thing at first...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    It doesn't cancel out the ineptitude of all their other business in the off season, but I must say this was a cunning scheme
    All I can hope is that it's like last offseason for Eagles fans in reverse... I hated your moves and you all agreed with me and we were all dead fucking wrong... this is what I'm left with. Think I'm going to be choosing a 2nd side by round 5 though.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    Sadly, agree. Suns should win the spoon and really they should win it comfortably barring shenanigans.

Blues have plenty of reasons to improve but realistically unless they have a completely flawless run with injuries it's hard to not see them as a strong favourite for 17th. Brisbane are young, as Saints and Melbourne showed this year, that can go both ways, but they're a good chance at bottom 4, as are the Saints whose coach might be worse than ours and who still have some good players on the list, if they fire Richardson early enough they could easily get out of the bottom 4 with a semi-competent caretaker. Port could fall to pieces with Hinkley but probably have too much talent, Freo are in the mix but reckon they should be going in the right direction though Neale is a massive loss but really like their kids from last year so more chances for them will be good, they need a good injury run.

North were a miracle this year to me so they're the side that stands out to fall off with the Swans (Eagles also classify but they've got their swagger going and a genuine homefield advantage to cement themselves behind). Swans the very obvious faller to me. Our depth just got weaker, Blakey is unlikely to contribute much of anything this year, Franklin is likely to have a rough start and probably wont train all season, Kennedy looks done, Parker hasn't looked far behind. Horse will keep playing Cunningham et al. McVeigh is not getting younger and he's started getting injuries other than just calves lately as well to compound that. Hey maybe we just need an extended preseason instead of the later starts but I doubt that. If the Swans don't collapse it means that all of Mills, Heeney, Florent and Heyward have started to move towards their potential instead of just treading water or flat out going backwards like they did last year (admittedly, Horse is a huge factor in that...).
    Forgot the Dogs, who I reckon have 17th sewn up. Blues 16th. Swans 15th.

I reckon the Saints will be the big improver this year and will probably be about where North ended up this year. Too easy a draw for them not to. Still think they're miles off, but 10 wins seems reasonable

Teams
    Rep Level
    Dogs had a lot of injuries for memory so I suppose at least they've got a chance to get that right.

Can't see Freo doing very well, loss of Neale will hurt a lot, Mundy and Sandilands another year older.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Freo have Lyon. Of purse they won’t do well

Rep Level
    As much as I hate to say it, Freo should be finishing in the 4-8 mark next year. Improved alot over the off season. Neale loss wont hurt them one bit. Infact I expect they may improve in the midfield with his absence. His front running ways made him look good and only him. A 22 of

FB: Ryan, Hamling, Duman
    HB: Wilson, Pearce, S.Hill
    C: Langdon, Fyfe, B.Hill
    HF: Walters, Hogan, Mundy
    FF: Lobb, Taberner, Matera
    C: Sandilands, Blakely, Brayshaw
    I/C: Cerra, Tucker, Conca, Banfield

One of the better forward lines in the competition now. The spine is very solid. Midfield is weak but it will still get the job done. No excuses now thats for sure
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

Teams
    Rep Level
    love to see your ladder to have Freo finishing that high.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    >“Better forward lines in the competition”
    >named Taberner