Close

Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Teams
    West Coast, Oakland Raiders
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Rumblah :-

CHAD Wingard can now count on an auction for his talents with Hawthorn clear to join the Western Bulldogs in courting the contracted Port Adelaide star.

The Hawks’ search to answer coach Alastair Clarkson’s call for class has failed to deliver Greater Western Sydney midfielder Dylan Shiel who is seeking a trade to Essendon.

And while Hawthorn — that already has an interest in trading for Power midfielder-forward Karl Amon — consider how far it can stretch its salary cap and strict wage system for Wingard, Port Adelaide is standing aside from the never-ending debate on Wingard’s future.
    Selfie Stick Hater

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    I think what Geelong are asking for is pretty fair.

Used an early 20s pick to get him, delivered big time this year coming 2nd in the b&f and still has another year to go on his contract. To get them to sell, you should be forcing them to pay overs.

Rep Level
    I was hoping Shiel would pick Hawthorn just so it wouldn't come to this.

Wingard would no doubt favour the Hawks over us but we're in a far, far better position in terms of what we can offer. Port surely have zero interest in receiving future picks from Hawks when they seem to be frothing over the two big SA draftees.

I'm strangely confident the Dogs can get it done.

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Angery.

Word from an afl journo is that he doesn't actually want to leave SA so I'm not particularly worried. Tom Browne reckons he nominates Hawx as soon as tonight but just 24 hours ago he was saying Shiel will be a hawk, three hours before that he said Shiel will be at Carlton.
    Last edited by Rumblah; 9th October 2018 at 07:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Did I become this awesome or was it something I was born with?

Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

Its hard sometimes

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    I've actually always like Amon as a player, seems like that inside type who'd actually be very good if ever given the chance but plays at a team flush with those so ends up in an unsuited outside role. Similar to Kennedy at Hawthorn way back in the day and plenty of others, even Devon Smith last year was stuck similarly out of the midfield.

Shiel a great get for the Bombers, exactly what they needed and I think they're the best fit for him as well as a player. Bombers are into flag or bust expectations next year now as well.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Honestly think Wingard is a better fit as a midfielder for the Hawks than Shiel anyway. You lack outside class and finishing and have a ton of grunt. Shiel would probably be your worst ball user whend added to the Shiels, O'Meara and Mitchell group which is really saying something, while Wingard is in a completely different division as a ball user. The idea of Wingard with the ball for the Hawks is actually scary. Wingard actually finished this season playing far better midfield football than Shiel as well. For the Hawks, Wingard at a likely lower cost scares me more than Shiel. He's also a better fit as he's a top class flog of a human and I actually like Shiel...

Shiel would also have been terrific but really he's like a left footed version of O'Meara, nothing wrong with that but given Mitchell is also not a strong kick, Shiels is a poor kick and Worpel and the other younger guys also aren't great by foot, I genuinely think Wingard's flat out elite kicking adds more to the side. The way he finished this year was comparable to Shiel at his best even in the extracting type role, ball use is better, elite forward if used there but can play a genuine outside role also as a midfielder (even if the inside is his better role).

Also think that the Cats asking for a top 10 pick is perfectly reasonable for Kelly, his season was absolutely worth that in my eyes (as someone who doesn't think clubs trade their picks nearly enough given the value of proven performance). I do think that given the overall scenario though I'd not be working too hard to try and get it if I was the Eagles, Cat's are basically bent over and will eventually just have to concede. One of those interesting ones where I think his genuine value is a top 10 pick but his "trade value" is in the teens just because of the single club, 1 year contract element. Basically don't think either club is far off the mark with Cats wanting top 10 and Eagles wanting more like mid teens range.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    With Kelly so desperate to get home to his wife and kid I just don’t see how keeping him against his will will work for Geelong. Doubt you’d get the same player

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    I think what Geelong are asking for is pretty fair.

Used an early 20s pick to get him, delivered big time this year coming 2nd in the b&f and still has another year to go on his contract. To get them to sell, you should be forcing them to pay overs.
    Pick 9 verse the pick 12 like compo we are offering is absurd to argue over.

Lets not pretend we are offering pick 25 here. We are damn close to what they want.

The grandstanding over so little is just pathetic really, given how much sooking they did re: Gary Abletts move last year under the same circumstances
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

Teams
    Rep Level
    WCE have pick 12?

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    I don't think we do. 20 is the best we could offer right?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Think embers is implying the two 20s picks you do have equals 13 on points.
    Did I become this awesome or was it something I was born with?

Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    LA Lakers, Celtic, Victory, Stars
    Rep Level
    Carolina Panthers Los Angeles Lakers Sydney Roosters
    McGovern deal done.

26/28 and McAdam for McGovern and Adelaide's future third.

26/28 ontraded to the Swans for 13.

Once that gets ratified tomorrow along with Fasolo, I'm going to cryrape myself in the work toilets angrily.

Rep Level
    Geez Adelaide made out like bandits

Rep Level
    Western Bulldogs Liverpool
    Makes sense for Syd if they think Blakey gets bid on before 13.

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    good deal for crows if that eventuates

what gets setterfield done, future second?
    #NBCSiberia

Teams
    Rep Level
    Not sure, I assume so.

Genuinely worried Dodoro holds up trade week with Shiel till an hour before deadline and we get our hand forced on Setterfield as a result

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    McGovern deal done.

26/28 and McAdam for McGovern and Adelaide's future third.

26/28 ontraded to the Swans for 13.

Once that gets ratified tomorrow along with Fasolo, I'm going to cryrape myself in the work toilets angrily.
    Crows fans not happy on BF
    Blues fans not happy on BF lol

I'd do 26/42/McAdam, seems overs to do 26/28/McAdam for Gov+~45...

Setterfield for future 2nd would be good...

I'm happy with Fas, depending on how much $$ his contract is worth

Teams
    Rep Level
    Not a fan of the deal if true but wouldn't be surprised with what Reid said about no other clubs being involved in the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    Think embers is implying the two 20s picks you do have equals 13 on points.
    Yep assume so but people are playing way too much weight on points.

picks 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 and 69 = pick 1 on points, what would you rather? Point value doesn't mean shit unless you're bidding on someone and the points are of actual use. Pretty much why I'm not big on the McGovern one, would much rather a pick worth about 10 over 26 + 28 which I'm guessing can still drop with more compo picks to be handed out potentially.

Edit: If we do ontrade for 13, then that works for me.
    Last edited by dylan123; 9th October 2018 at 09:52 PM.

Teams
    Rep Level
    If he were a delisted free agent on a one year deal with something to prove, yeah, OK, can get behind it.

Instead sounds like a 3 year (or at best 2 yr with performance triggers for a third) deal for a bloke who's stunk up the VFL this year.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Not a fan of the deal if true but wouldn't be surprised with what Reid said about no other clubs being involved in the deal.

picks 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 and 69 = pick 1 on points, what would you rather? Point value doesn't mean shit unless you're bidding on someone and the points are of actual use. Pretty much why I'm not big on the McGovern one, would much rather a pick worth about 10 over 26 + 28 which I'm guessing can still drop with more compo picks to be handed out potentially.
    Still a week's worth of dealings to go. If the final form is 13 and a heap of other picks from 8-21, then its a shit outcome. If you can parlay four picks in the top 22 into a top 3 or 5 pick, then its very handy.

Rep Level

But you are getting a pick about 10 (13) - Swans help Blues seal McGovern deal - AFL.com.au

As LC said, 26+28 being on-traded for 13.

If he were a delisted free agent on a one year deal with something to prove, yeah, OK, can get behind it.

Instead sounds like a 3 year (or at best 2 yr with performance triggers for a third) deal for a bloke who's stunk up the VFL this year.
    Kicked a couple of bags late in the year returning from injury? But yeah 3 year contract doesn't sound great. 2 would be fine by me.

Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Arsenal
    So pick one for Fasolo?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Teams
    Rep Level
    Still a week's worth of dealings to go. If the final form is 13 and a heap of other picks from 8-21, then its a shit outcome. If you can parlay four picks in the top 22 into a top 3 or 5 pick, then its very handy.
    Yep that's it.

I think we're after Lukosius and if we can put what we get from McGovern along with another of our first rounders to move up the draft then it's an alright move. If it's basically going in with our current hand then I'm not big on it, we're a team that basically has to go for it in the next couple of years before we'll probably drop off some and McGovern would certainly help more over first rounders.

I suppose Lukosius isn't someone that's going to come in and make an instant impact but at least it's a top prospect forward to help replace an aging KP lineup with Jenkins at 30 and Tex 28 odd.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Athomas View Post
    But you are getting a pick about 10 (13) - Swans help Blues seal McGovern deal - AFL.com.au

As LC said, 26+28 being on-traded for 13.

Kicked a couple of bags late in the year returning from injury? But yeah 3 year contract doesn't sound great. 2 would be fine by me.
    Why don't Eagles offer 20 and 36 for pick 13. Surely better then thst deal

Teams
    Rep Level
    Why don't Eagles offer 20 and 36 for pick 13. Surely better then thst deal
    Beats it by 8 points so yep, fraction better - 20 the compo for Lycett? If so, I'm guessing it's because they've only just received it where the above might have been in play for a little longer?