Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace

Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    In the end I was wrong

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level

AFL Random Thoughts

Probably drumming up some story to piss off the anti sjws tbh, like replace skinfold tests with body composition scans cos callipers are inaccurate af
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    JONES CASBOULT HENDERSON

now im confused. dunno if this dude is a moron for giving up (reportedly) 500k/yr as an antivaxer, or should get some respect for being one of the cunts willing to have the courage of his convictions and not selling out

probably the former though

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes View Post
    JONES CASBOULT HENDERSON

now im confused. dunno if this dude is a moron for giving up (reportedly) 500k/yr as an antivaxer, or should get some respect for being one of the cunts willing to have the courage of his convictions and not selling out

probably the former though
    Porque no los dos?

Rep Level
    Lol @ Gold Coast

Just move them to Tasmania already, get a entire new board and backroom staff and start again

Its over

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    I don't understand how they got to a position where they didn't have 3 spots on the list left when their team is trash.

Also don't get why they didn't just make the same offer to any other player on the list.

Their plan was to redraft him in the national draft as one of their three mandatory national draft picks.

Given they only have pick 3 in the draft and then nothing until picks in the 100s, surely another club would've sniped him in the national draft even if North didn't sign him as a delisted free agent.

Absolute lunacy by the Suns. Will be interesting to see if they now trade pick 3 or use their future picks to trade back into this draft.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    I don't understand how they got to a position where they didn't have 3 spots on the list left when their team is trash.

Also don't get why they didn't just make the same offer to any other player on the list.

Their plan was to redraft him in the national draft as one of their three mandatory national draft picks.

Given they only have pick 3 in the draft and then nothing until picks in the 100s, surely another club would've sniped him in the national draft even if North didn't sign him as a delisted free agent.

Absolute lunacy by the Suns. Will be interesting to see if they now trade pick 3 or use their future picks to trade back into this draft.
    Comes from when they were allowed to have a bigger list and didnt do the maths. I think they expected the AFL to bail them out and got caught out when they didnt

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    To think you have an option to delist and re-add between Atkins and Greenwood and they chose Greenwood

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    To think you have an option to delist and re-add between Atkins and Greenwood and they chose Greenwood
    This is the crazy part.

You delist a guy with genuine ability and value and you've got Atkins, MacPherson (who they literally couldn't pay sides to take), Corey Ellis or even a Holman type.

Just a weird move that is hard to describe as anything but ineptitude.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Gotta be something more to it surely? Maybe there was slim Hope from GC that someone would do this and take him off the books?

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE

AFL Random Thoughts

Not that much to it is there? not that Iíve read more than headline + opening paragraph. GC were gonna rookie list him for $80k. North would still have some fuck off salary cap gap, so would have said come here for $800k/yr. Doneski

Edit: thought it was rookie list but probably wrong. Still imagine it was a big salary difference that sealed it

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Not that much to it is there? not that Iíve read more than headline + opening paragraph. GC were gonna rookie list him for $80k. North would still have some fuck off salary cap gap, so would have said come here for $800k/yr. Doneski

Edit: thought it was rookie list but probably wrong. Still imagine it was a big salary difference that sealed it
    He posted on Twitter the week before saying itís the same contract and he has no issues doing it to help the club out.

I donít think it was rookie drafting, but really the AFL need to tidy up all these stupid loopholes.

They wonít though.

#broughtback

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea

The intention was for the Suns to redraft him in the National Draft (not as a rookie), as they must make 3 selections in the National Draft, but they only have pick 3 as they traded everything else out for future picks or salary dumping to Freo...

List sizes are capped at 42 (or 44 if you have Category B rookies, which the Suns have due to that NT Academy zone). The Suns currently have 41 contracted players.

So they were planning to use pick 3, then redraft Greenwood and upgrade a rookie to the senior list or redraft someone else at like pick 100.

Overall it was some fucking retarded logic as I would've gone and burnt down Toast headquarters if they didn't pick Greenwood by pick 60 odd in the draft. If taken in the draft Greenwood would only have to be paid like 80k and Suns pay the rest of his old contract.

As North took him as a delisted free agent and are paying him 500k+ or whatever, it basically absolves Suns from paying him out his contract.

Part of me wonders whether the Suns have cooked their books as bad as GWS and Collingwood and hoped for this to happen as they couldn't get rid of Darcy MacPherson during trade period and gave Freo a first round pick to take Brodie. But then again, why the fuck wouldn't they just trade him?! Absolute rabble.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    This is the crazy part.

You delist a guy with genuine ability and value and you've got Atkins, MacPherson (who they literally couldn't pay sides to take), Corey Ellis or even a Holman type.

Just a weird move that is hard to describe as anything but ineptitude.
    Id suggest they asked those people and they told them no, im not quitting my contract.

Someone like Atkins for example would strongly be worried about not staying on the list for sure (ie. Suns delist him and pay him but not put him on the list)

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    The intention was for the Suns to redraft him in the National Draft (not as a rookie), as they must make 3 selections in the National Draft, but they only have pick 3 as they traded everything else out for future picks or salary dumping to Freo...

List sizes are capped at 42 (or 44 if you have Category B rookies, which the Suns have due to that NT Academy zone). The Suns currently have 41 contracted players.

So they were planning to use pick 3, then redraft Greenwood and upgrade a rookie to the senior list or redraft someone else at like pick 100.

Overall it was some fucking retarded logic as I would've gone and burnt down Toast headquarters if they didn't pick Greenwood by pick 60 odd in the draft. If taken in the draft Greenwood would only have to be paid like 80k and Suns pay the rest of his old contract.

As North took him as a delisted free agent and are paying him 500k+ or whatever, it basically absolves Suns from paying him out his contract.

Part of me wonders whether the Suns have cooked their books as bad as GWS and Collingwood and hoped for this to happen as they couldn't get rid of Darcy MacPherson during trade period and gave Freo a first round pick to take Brodie. But then again, why the fuck wouldn't they just trade him?! Absolute rabble.
    Isnít there some shit that mature age recruits have to agree a contract prior to the draft unlike the other draftees who go onto a standard contract.

So the fact he had a standing contract was GCs safeguard but they didnít anticipate him accepting or even looking elsewhere

#broughtback

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    Isn’t there some shit that mature age recruits have to agree a contract prior to the draft unlike the other draftees who go onto a standard contract.

So the fact he had a standing contract was GCs safeguard but they didn’t anticipate him accepting or even looking elsewhere
    Yes and no. They agree to a payment but not a playing contract. It means you can delist a player but then not draft him back.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    They still do the draft over 2 nights? Fucking lol

Rep Level
    It isnt a draft night without Eagles drafting 2 KPPs really

In all honesty though it probably was the way to go. Both were best available at that spot and we do need some extra depth in those spots long term. Would have liked someone more ready made for our first rounder but I guess getting Greg Clark overcomes that.