Close

Page 645 of 646 FirstFirst ... 145545595635643644645646 LastLast
Results 16,101 to 16,125 of 16139
    Rep Level
    Western Bulldogs Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    Is there a flaw with the man on the mark rule and set shots?

I noticed Mundy gained an extra metre or maybe more by kind of running around on the Buddy arc so he wasn't forced to kick directly over the man on the mark.

Im sure the umps will start to wise up on it and overall I think its a not bad rule change (for once) as long as it doesn't go through a crazy over officiated stage like most rule changes do.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    It's not a flaw, it's just on the umpire to make sure they call play on soon enough.

Actually this brings me to my main peeve with the new rule. I don't hate it but I do hate how much more I hear the umpires. Every mark it's now a whistle, directing the player not to go over the mark, then calling "Stand" then "Play on" as soon as the player with the ball moves off the line.

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    How good is it to finally watch your team play again after the off-season? Even if it's only the pre season.

On another note -

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    It's not a flaw, it's just on the umpire to make sure they call play on soon enough.

Actually this brings me to my main peeve with the new rule. I don't hate it but I do hate how much more I hear the umpires. Every mark it's now a whistle, directing the player not to go over the mark, then calling "Stand" then "Play on" as soon as the player with the ball moves off the line.
    Well I guess the flaw is the stupid precedence set by the buddy arc, and the umpire reluctance to call play on from set shots because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

YOU BETTER WATCH OUT Red Neville's Avatar
    Rep Level
    Manchester United Greater Western Sydney Sporting Gijon
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    How good is it to finally watch your team play again after the off-season? Even if it's only the pre season.
    Did you get to go? My brother (you know, green headband Giants ultra) was going nuts about getting back to a game. Hell I know I will be when I can get back to a shitty local soccer match.
    Souvent pour s'amuser les hommes d'equipage
    And it's like talking to a stranger

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    What a surprise. Wogi has a negative response to something
    Was just a terrible game.

Most of the games over the weekend were fine, typical preseason affairs but that first game was horrible, especially the first quarter.

Still haven't noticed much of a change with the rule though. Be interesting to see if it has any impact in the real stuff when teams are trying to stop it, have structures in place and tackle, that will be the real test.

Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    Well I guess the flaw is the stupid precedence set by the buddy arc, and the umpire reluctance to call play on from set shots because of this.

They've actually banned that as part of the rule change and it should be play on, that said I expect we see it a lot where players can run at the man and veer in the last few metres, given the reaction time of the umpire there's no chance for the man on the mark.

Basically I think we're going to see most players doing some form of Buddy arc from longer range, why kick over the man on the mark if you don't have to?

Hopefully means we see more shots from longer distance instead of the chip it to the top of the square and pray the defense stuffs up that most players do from 45 out.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Mason Cox

OUT OF BUSINESS

#broughtback

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    I really didn't like when players didn't stand on the mark and still got called to "stand". One instance yesterday a free kick was awarded and there was a player that stood 2m next to the mark yet got called to stand and the player with the ball went back on his line and just looked way off like below

|

-----------

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    I really didn't like when players didn't stand on the mark and still got called to "stand". One instance yesterday a free kick was awarded and there was a player that stood 2m next to the mark yet got called to stand and the player with the ball went back on his line and just looked way off like below

|

-----------
    If you're within 5m of the mark you have to stand. Expecting teams will use that so they can still cut off angles. Other prevalent tactic has been to favour the corridor angle and give up the boundary kick which will also be done a lot.

Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    I hate the new rule.

Just more stupid complexity on an already confusing game. Makes the umpires' job even harder.

So, now you have protected areas, no sideways movement, zonal rules, dropping/holding the ball and god knows what else the umps like to call. And let's not start on the tribunal or the joke of the goal review system. Its just too bloody much.

Good luck trying to get into the game as a new fan.
    Scunthorpe

Teams
    Rep Level
    Can you jump on the spot or is that also banned?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Can you jump on the spot or is that also banned?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Apparently you can jump but that was a commentator (Kingy I believe so probably wrong or just his idiotic opinion anyway) but haven't seen any player game to try yet to actually know.

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Considering the 2021 Laws of the Game are yet to be published publicly anywhere, your guess is as good as mine.

Players should be able to jump straight up. However, the media piece when it was first announced by the AFL advised "The defending Player will only be permitted minimal lateral movement on The Mark".

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    Considering the 2021 Laws of the Game are yet to be published publicly anywhere, your guess is as good as mine.

Players should be able to jump straight up. However, the media piece when it was first announced by the AFL advised "The defending Player will only be permitted minimal lateral movement on The Mark".
    Technically jumping would be vertical movement so could get around that.

Whole thing is a mystery though which makes it even funner.

Rep Level
    One thing is for sure, this is going to help teams who like to chip the ball around and play sideways football to spread the contest. A team like the Eagles will benefit alot so im all for it

Rep Level
    Sam Powell Pepper on perisomal leave after going on a 3 day coke bender with no one able to find him until a teammate tracked him down and dragged him into the club. Players have said he wont be welcome until he goes to rehab.

That dere drug testing is working a charm

Rep Level
    ITK poster on BF reckons he may have done a Bootsma too. He dropped the news on Wednesday and didn't mention names but people are putting two and two together.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Rep Level
    Dare say the player that tracked him down was Boak too. He had SPP living with him for a few years and they've got a big brother/little brother situation happening. Boak's a freak when it comes to looking after his body, probably best in the comp tbtfm and the club were hoping his habits would rub off on SPP.

SPP moved out not long ago into his own joint IIRC and uhh yeah. Now we're here.

Rep Level
    Fantasy strategy is pretty clear this year to me

Back
    - HB who will receive handballs and sideway kicks to get the ball forward - Caleb Daniel, Jayden Short, Brodie Smith,
    - Wingers who run hard into defense to be a outlet kick - Lachie Hunter, Brad Hill, Ed Langdon
    - Marking forwards

Fade
    - Tough tackling midfielders
    - Small forwards
    - Back pockets

Anyone who doesnt have Jayden Short and Caleb Daniel in there sides for me is a failure in life

Rep Level
    I tend to agree with the trends. Not sure Brodie Smith will do enough (don't like bottom 2 teams generally for fantasy players anyway)

Hard to pick wingers in general for Supercoach with the non contested nature. Certainly agree though that the midfielders need to have outside upside, Neale/Merrett/Macrae players that can get a lot of the ball on top of their normal roles.

I'm liking Crisp/Houston/Stewart to hopefully fit the bill for the half-backers. Not as much as Daniel/Short obviously but still think they can get enough of the ball in movement style roles.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Anyone watching making their mark? Absolutely brilliant doco.

Leon Cameron loves calling out individuals in the team chats

Teams
    Rep Level
    Yeah really enjoying it too, up to ep 6 at the moment. Kind of wish it featured more of the players at each club like it seems to be 1-2 individuals at most clubs which while the insight is great, there's so much more I'd love to see too.

I think these kind of docos are a winner, love watching Drive to Survive and this seems to be taking a similar format - the footage of the games/lack of feel is a bit underwhelming but all in all, loving it.

Teams
    West Coast, Oakland Raiders
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Whether clubs would be able to use an extra player for concussion or for any injury has been the subject of much debate, with an official announcement now only expected hours before Thursday night’s season-opener between Richmond and Carlton.

“The AFL heads of football at each club and (AFL football operations boss) Steve Hocking were meant to start a phone (meeting) at 6pm and I’ve received word from a club that the meeting has been rescheduled until tomorrow," Sportsday’s Sam McClure reported on Tuesday night.

“This has now become a mess – tomorrow we are a day away from Richmond facing Carlton.

Fucking lol

#FuckGil
    Selfie Stick Hater

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Surely someone has floated the idea of a deadline for rule changes to be signed off to make the upcoming season over the last few years? Would've saved themselves a lot of embarrassment...

#broughtback

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Looking forward to them banning keeping score so the losing team doesn’t get their feelings hurt

I think that there's a strong possibility that Miss Wolfie is in fact a virgin.

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Holy fuck the toast jumper is so fucking poverty this season.

Looks worse than something you'd find at a South East Asian market.Screenshot_20210319-202722_WhatsApp.jpg