WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Can just imagine the AFL AA committee in the NBA. And the starting 5

PG-Lillard
    SG-Murray
    SF- Giannis
    PF-James
    C - Harden

"Well James Harden was in the paint for like 3% of his time on the court and he got like 10 rebounds a few times"
    It's probably not a bad idea to go down the nba route and have an all Australian second team with the amount of discussion/controversy that the first team brings.

At least that way the afl can permanently stick danger, bont and Martin in the middle in the first team and still "reward" the best midfielders of the year in the 2nd team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rep Level
    Alsways knew Gamblor would take his umpire rage too far one day

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace

AFL Random Thoughts

Last edited by showdownhero; 27th September 2020 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I think that there's a strong possibility that Miss Wolfie is in fact a virgin.

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Bit of a tangent but the cuts to sports journalists has been incredible.

In the case of sport, this year was the end of the gravy train... but watch players somehow get a play rise in the CBA negotiations. Loved how they demanded that their pay be tied to revenue and backed out of that this year.
    #NBCSiberia

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post

Eastern states sport...

WAFC has 175 mill in total assets and is laughing. Wildcats crushing it, Western Force have so much money the invent their own competition.

Only Perth Glory letting us down but overall, we are fine. It’s only the Loltorians who spend more then they have, then cry poor afterwards

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE

AFL Random Thoughts

Pretty fucked how mismanaged the major sports were here BEFORE the pandemic. Same as the federal government and their lolsurplus, this has almost given the sporting codes an excuse which they can blame everything on

Can’t see them getting as much easy money from government in future either. Get grounds built specifically for them, gov funding, gov grants etc. Then after all that, when the one thing governments wants right now is employment, they are turfing people out onto jobseeker/gov benefits

No way the same clints who had some of these sports looking shaky pre-pandemic are the ones who should be managing them out of it

The point about overpaying for tv rights is true though. AFL etc must have thought they were golden gods with how much money was flung at them. Maybe it isn’t reasonable to expect a pandemic, but absolutely zero foresight to be even semi prepared for any kind of down turn
    Last edited by Triptanes; 27th September 2020 at 09:40 PM.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes View Post
    Pretty fucked how mismanaged the major sports were here BEFORE the pandemic. Same as the federal government and their lolsurplus, this has almost given the sporting codes an excuse which they can blame everything on

Can’t see them getting as much easy money from government in future either. Get grounds built specifically for them, gov funding, gov grants etc. Then after all that, when the one thing governments wants right now is employment, they are turfing people out onto jobseeker/gov benefits

No way the same clints who had some of these sports looking shaky pre-pandemic are the ones who should be managing them out of it
    The head of NRL asked for a federal government grant before they did any other financial changes ie. take out a loan, re negotiate contracts

Says a lot about the mindset

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes View Post

The point about overpaying for tv rights is true though. AFL etc must have thought they were golden gods with how much money was flung at them. Maybe it isn’t reasonable to expect a pandemic, but absolutely zero foresight to be even semi prepared for any kind of down turn
    Cricket Australia has to be the worst, absolute shit show.
    #NBCSiberia

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post
    Cricket Australia has to be the worst, absolute shit show.
    Nowhere near

David Gallop has not only ruined the A-League but he also took down the NRL too.

I severely doubt the A-League exists in 6 months time

Rep Level
    Always knew AFL we're richest code in aus and we all thought other codes like a-league and NRL would be borderline surviving within the 12 months when this pandemic started.

However seeing the AFL struggle so so much one would think the other codes are doneskis. Unless Gil gonna Gil and bankrupt the AFL first.

Looking forward to the NonVFL comp starting up and seeing peel thunder play Sydney in Mandurah

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    Always knew AFL we're richest code in aus and we all thought other codes like a-league and NRL would be borderline surviving within the 12 months when this pandemic started.

However seeing the AFL struggle so so much one would think the other codes are doneskis. Unless Gil gonna Gil and bankrupt the AFL first.

Looking forward to the NonVFL comp starting up and seeing peel thunder play Sydney in Mandurah

NRL is in a much better financial position then the AFL...

Which is hilarious

NRL players though have been very welcoming and accepting of changes. Took 30% paycuts without batting a eyelid. Maximised crowds, re jigged the TV deal to get more money in hand now preventing the need for a absurd 500 mill loan. Accepted camp style situations as opposed to the 5 star resorts AFL players are in as well to save money. Culled there own huge wage bill instantly.

A guy like Roger Tuivasa Sheck. Been in Australia now for 6 months, his child is 11 months old. Spent more time away from him then with. Didnt cry on TV about it, just said its hard but others have it harder, put his head down and worked hard. Didnt cry on day 1 like Jack Riewoldt for example and want to quit. So much respect for a guy like that compared to the prima donnas Richmond trot out

V'Landy is ten times the businessman Adolf "Lets call ANZ" McLachlan is.

NRL will get stronger as the AFL gets weaker in the next 5-10 years. I mean NRL still has the financial capability to add the 2 extra teams they want. AFL is probably gonna be looking at culling 2 teams....
    Last edited by Embers; 28th September 2020 at 09:00 AM.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    NRL has it "easier" because they don't have their absurd Victoria and east coast bias factor that causes them to make horrific financial decisions to try and retain that advantage as much as possible. They're also not obsessed with still trying to muscle into a market that really doesn't care about them at the cost of everything else.

The fact that Geelong vs Collingwood gets more fans in WA than any of the Lions home games even in QLD just sums up how bad that east coast bias necessity has on their decision making, they've left millions on the table by refusing to play more games in SA and WA, especially the GF.

I really do hope that those two states, who built bigger and better stadiums primarily for the AFL, fight back and give them a big dicking at the end of all this because of the level of fuck you the AFL has given them both at this point because those two states could actually have the influence required to get rid of this administration and all it's fuckwittery.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    I'd go as far as saying there is more interest in an NRL team in WA than there is an AFL team in QLD... Yet somehow the AFL has two

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Brad Crouch and Stengle caught with illicit drugs, police let them off

One rule for footballers
    #NBCSiberia

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    NRL has it "easier" because they don't have their absurd Victoria and east coast bias factor that causes them to make horrific financial decisions to try and retain that advantage as much as possible. They're also not obsessed with still trying to muscle into a market that really doesn't care about them at the cost of everything else.

The fact that Geelong vs Collingwood gets more fans in WA than any of the Lions home games even in QLD just sums up how bad that east coast bias necessity has on their decision making, they've left millions on the table by refusing to play more games in SA and WA, especially the GF.

I really do hope that those two states, who built bigger and better stadiums primarily for the AFL, fight back and give them a big dicking at the end of all this because of the level of fuck you the AFL has given them both at this point because those two states could actually have the influence required to get rid of this administration and all it's fuckwittery.
    From what ive been told its only hit them in September how financially screwed they are. I truly believe they expected to be getting pumping crowds in QLD and additional advertising revenue that never materialised. I also suspect they expected less operating costs as well which didnt really eventuate when every man and his dog went partying it up in QLD. I also suspect they expected the QLD hub to be temporary and planned for that being the case all the way til August when the bubble burst. They would have also expected W.A and S.A to buy the Grand Final if need be which they never did.

They took out 500 mill credit and ever since then things have fallen apart. Its cringeworthy and a joke how few questions are being asked about the financials. Mainly because the people expected to ask the questions are on the financials id say....

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post
    Brad Crouch and Stengle caught with illicit drugs, police let them off

One rule for footballers
    #culture

Rep Level
    Sounds like it was marijuana given they got let go. If it was anything harder theyd have been charged, You would know the answer to that one surely?

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Sounds like it was marijuana given they got let go. If it was anything harder theyd have been charged, You would know the answer to that one surely?
    I doubt 2 AFL players would be out on Hindley Street with a couple of joints. Especially so given the half life of marijuana in your system increases the risk of being caught by ASADA.

Rep Level
    I doubt 2 AFL players would be out on Hindley Street with a couple of joints. Especially so given the half life of marijuana in your system increases the risk of being caught by ASADA.
    Hmm okay. Maybe booger sugar then?

Dont think it was anything hard anyway

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    I don't believe ASADA test for illicit drugs in the off-season so I imagine they're fine on that front.

Given they've been let off, would more lean towards it being something like marijuana I feel but they are footballers so who knows...

Also that's two strikes against Stengle this year with the drink driving charge earlier in the year, seems like quite the idiot.

Rep Level
    Maybe Brad and Tyson are really generous and shared their Columbian Candy with the officers and that's why they were let go

Rep Level
    Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    Anyone got Brownlow Team bets/tips?
    TTP

Teams
    Essendon, Arsenal
    Rep Level
    Essendon Bombers Arsenal NULL
    If you are caught with a small amount of a drug (i.e. 1 gram of coke) police can give you an on the spot caution and refer you to a drug rehab course or something if it's your first offence. And in most circumstances they will prefer to do this. It's the traffickers they are after
    Last edited by whale; 28th September 2020 at 07:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    fuck i cant wait till dinner hope we get take away
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    ended up getting kfc

wowowowowow

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by whale View Post
    If you are caught with a small amount of a drug (i.e. 1 gram of coke) police can give you an on the spot caution and refer you to a drug rehab course or something if it's your first offence. And in most circumstances they will prefer to do this. It's the traffickers they are after
    In other words the cops flog the goods, tell you you're being cautioned but lodge no official docs and then

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Not sure if it’s been officially reported yet or not but can confirm it was coke.