Close

Page 601 of 602 FirstFirst ... 101501551591599600601602 LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,025 of 15033
    Teams
    West Coast, Oakland Raiders
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    The AFL will redraw the fixture for rounds six and seven after the South Australian government decided to keep its border closed to Victoria.

The SA government's call has further narrowed the league's options and ensured that Victorian teams will be playing on the road in those weeks and beyond.

While games had been scheduled in Melbourne between St Kilda and Port Adelaide and North Melbourne and Adelaide (both in round seven), the AFL confirmed that it would reorganise the fixture for round six and seven in response to the SA decision.

Before the announcement on Tuesday, the Crows and Power, who have been based in a hub in Queensland since round three, would have been able to return home to SA after the games in Melbourne. The border had been set to reopen on Monday July 20.

In round six, Adelaide had been due to face West Coast and Port Adelaide to play the Giants, with both games played in Queensland, but it is unclear whether these games will go ahead as fixtured.

The league will press on with Geelong and Collingwood's 21-day stints in Western Australia, where they will play each other and then Fremantle and West Coast.

The AFL also indicated that Victorian teams that went on the road to meet quarantine rules would not necessarily be in "hubs", though they would likely stay in one location for at least two weeks.

As it stands, SA has opened borders with Queensland, WA and the Northern Territory, and decisions are expected soon on the ACT and NSW borders.

The AFL may cycle more than two clubs through other states, with the ACT, Queensland and NSW all in play and even potentially the NT.

A revised round six draw should be released later this week.

The SA government's border decision comes a day after Queensland's government adopted fresh coronavirus protocols involving Victorians, which also caused fixturing problems for the AFL.

"We know that this will have a dramatic effect on the AFL," South Australian Premier Steven Marshall told reporters on Tuesday.

"But we are adopting a position in South Australia which is not dissimilar to what has been announced for Queensland.

"So any teams coming in from Victoria to South Australia will have to do that two weeks of isolation.

"Any South Australian team that plays a Victorian team or goes to Victoria to play a Victorian team will have to do that two weeks of isolation on return to our state."
    Selfie Stick Hater

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Anything to avoid recognising that it is the AFL and not the VFL with some red-headed stepchildren along for the ride...

The stupidity of staying in Victoria right now and jeopardising everything is genuinely amazing, even for the human dickstain that is #FuckGil

Rep Level
    Ive always wondered, if the MCG became a molton lava pool, what would happen to the Grand Final

Now I know that Gil would create a floating football field held up by helicopters with 15 min quarters because the helicopters need to re fuel after that with no one in attendance and the threat of the game being called off if more then 3 balls enter the lava pool and melt during the game

Teams
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Channel 7 just reported that 2 Collingwood players are under investigation for breaching the AFL's Covid-19 protocols - no names mentioned yet.
    Selfie Stick Hater

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE

Names are Sidebottom and Dunn

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Ive always wondered, if the MCG became a molton lava pool, what would happen to the Grand Final

Now I know that Gil would create a floating football field held up by helicopters with 15 min quarters because the helicopters need to re fuel after that with no one in attendance and the threat of the game being called off if more then 3 balls enter the lava pool and melt during the game
    It would be a night grand final as well.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    With a lot of half time entertainment

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    With a lot of half time entertainment
    You mean The Pointsbet Half Time extravaganza?

Teams
    West Coast
    Rep Level
    WCE NULL NULL
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes View Post

Names are Sidebottom and Dunn
    Culture.
    "Life is a bitch, learn how to screw it. "

Rep Level
    Sidebottms story sounds pretty epic

Started off at Howes, took a uber to Lynden Dunns, he walked to Daniel Wells place, left in a Uber to go to a pub but got kicked out of the pub and was just walking the town til police saw him and drove him home. He was without pants I believe at this stage too. He didnt remember or know any of this and its instead been pieces together by those who saw him

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Mutt is in my AFL fantasy draft team.

Also if Sidebottom tried that here in WA I think he'd get a bullet put through him by McGOATen

Teams
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Collingwood’s Steele Sidebottom was partially naked in Williamstown before being taken home by police, a witness has told the Herald Sun.
    The witness, who was with a friend outside a housing lodge, said they saw Sidebottom who appeared naked and “all he wanted to do was get in because he was cold and freezing’’.

The witness said: “I was there, I was visiting my mate and he looked naked and the coppers knew him straight away.’’

The temperature on Sunday morning dropped as low as 2C.

Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley said Wednesday Sidebottom’s recollection of events over the course of a drinking bender “isn’t that great’’.
    Selfie Stick Hater

Rep Level
    I got a feeling that in the game of Dungeons and Dragons his ass was the dungeon sometime on Saturday night

Teams
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Collingwood pair Steele Sidebottom and Lynden Dunn have been suspended by the AFL for breaking strict COVID-19 player protocols.

Sidebottom was slapped with a four-game ban while Dunn has copped a one-match suspension
    Selfie Stick Hater

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Holy fuck that Sidebottom story is epic. Like I want to act as if Iím disappointed he was so irresponsible (pandemic or no pandemic), but itís just to the point where itís impressive

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    An excellent tale.

In other news the umpires have been told to target players "absorbing tackles and not trying to get it out" showing that once again the AFL does not listen at all to what the fans want, literally targeting the part of the whole thing that no one has an issue with...

So now basically it's throwball or get a free against and make sure you flop like a fucking dolphin or free against... Yay.

Fuck me this administration is awful. Like worst I've seen in any sport bad and I follow a fair few sports and have done for a long time...

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    I'm pretty sure I've said this for the last 3 years, but Lynden Dunn is still on an afl list?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    I don't care if a player takes a tackle and couldn't get rid of it.

I care about players just fucking letting go of the ball or throwing it out and getting away with it being "dislodged" in the tackle so no prior and called play on.

Useless Clints.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    An excellent tale.

In other news the umpires have been told to target players "absorbing tackles and not trying to get it out" showing that once again the AFL does not listen at all to what the fans want, literally targeting the part of the whole thing that no one has an issue with...

So now basically it's throwball or get a free against and make sure you flop like a fucking dolphin or free against... Yay.

Fuck me this administration is awful. Like worst I've seen in any sport bad and I follow a fair few sports and have done for a long time...
    It's disgraceful but I think the journalism is just as bad in the sport. Was watching 360 on Monday and they played the clarko interview and then had robo saying "clarko is right we need to change the rules, we need to implement starting positions to spread open the game"

How does one go from we need to fix the holding the ball to thinking he means starting positions

Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've said this for the last 3 years, but Lynden Dunn is still on an afl list?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Well you were right for a while this season at least. He joined as a supplemental rookie in the last couple days before that period closed.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    It's disgraceful but I think the journalism is just as bad in the sport. Was watching 360 on Monday and they played the clarko interview and then had robo saying "clarko is right we need to change the rules, we need to implement starting positions to spread open the game"

How does one go from we need to fix the holding the ball to thinking he means starting positions
    I liked Narkee's coach's interpreation of - oh yeah if we went to 16 players it would really help

k mate go coach AFLW

Teams
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    All 10 Victorian clubs are preparing to move into hubs early next week as the AFL prepares to announce the next batch of fixtures.

Foxfooty.com.au understands a prominent option being considered would see each team locked in a hub for 32 days and play five games in that time.

By then, the league is hoping Victoria’s COVID-19 situation improves and they would be able to send teams back to Melbourne.

If not, clubs would cycle around the country depending on who they haven‘t already played.

Two clubs have confirmed to foxfooty.com.au that they expect the 32-5 option to be announced on Thursday morning. League sources were noncommittal on timing but confirmed there are ample negotiations with state governments progressing behind the scenes.

Clubs were told they would be given seven days notice before having to fly out, but it‘s believed some clubs would elect to fly out earlier to prepare for Round 7 matches.

Southeast Queensland, Perth, Adelaide and Sydney are the leading candidates to host clubs, while Wollongong, Darwin and Canberra remain outside chances at best.
    Selfie Stick Hater

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Cliffs on what a 32-5 option is?

Teams
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Cliffs on what a 32-5 option is?
    Each team locked in a hub for 32 days and play five games in that time.
    Selfie Stick Hater

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    still don't understand why they aren't trying to bang out more shortened games in that time (well...tv rights), but they should have been trying to get ahead of schedule in this early part so that if some even realer shit hits they've got some time up their sleeve

like have a rolling zone they move through between perth/adelaide/bris and play 9 games in 6 weeks (6 weeks is the period toast/freo will be away for right?), or 8 in 5 weeks. Then there's only three/four games left after that - maybe everyone can even go to sicktoria by then (or at least have a stint back home), and play the last three weeks there. sort finals out after that