Close

Page 561 of 584 FirstFirst ... 61461511551559560561562563571 ... LastLast
Results 14,001 to 14,025 of 14592
    Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    The players should receive a minimum salary imo. I know they're paid well in the most part but think about guys on low salaries and match payments who still have financial commitments with zero other short term job prospects.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Rep Level
    Any chance the AFL now lets Eagles/Freo buy some home games?

If they cant see the benefit of having 45 000 at a game in WA vs 5 000 in a game at the Gold Coast with a 500k cheque for turning up to the Gold Coast, they have lost the plot

Evenness has no place in this game. Never has and never will

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    The players should receive a minimum salary imo. I know they're paid well in the most part but think about guys on low salaries and match payments who still have financial commitments with zero other short term job prospects.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    It does seem like a insurance company issue once again though

If player A breaks his back when I run him over in a car, Fremantle wont pay Nat Fyfe. The insurance company will

This situation however is not included in their terms and conditions it seems so all of a sudden the AFL now realise they have to foot the whole bill

The common sense approach is to take a paycut now, sue them with govt support later.

I imagine these guiys get a ton of law suits in 12 months time anyway

Teams
    West Coast, Oakland Raiders
    Rep Level
    WCE Oakland Raiders
    In today's West Australian :-

Coronavirus shutdown: AFL eyes off Bank of West Coast for rescue bid

The AFL faces a potential legal battle with WA football if it attempts to use West Coast’s $45 million cash reserve to help guarantee a financial bailout of the code worth up to $500 million.
    It has been suggested that the league could use the reserves of the Eagles ($45 million), Richmond ($24.5 million) and Collingwood ($30 million with a $17 million future fund) as part of the surety for a package they are seeking from the Victorian State Government or the NAB Bank to offset the financial devastation of the coronavirus pandemic.
    The league — which has already told clubs to cut their 2020 wages bill by up to 80 per cent, cut their own bill by the same amount and demanded a 70 to 80 per cent pay cut from players — would scrap annual distributions to clubs and replace them with a scaled-down liquidity package as part of the proposal. It is also possible that the league’s stadium, Marvel, would be part of the bailout’s surety.
    Clubs have been told their football department soft cap would be cut by 30 per cent by next year to about $7 million in a bid to increase the viability of the code and all 18 clubs.
    But business sources which The West Australian spoke with last night said any attempt to use West Coast’s cash reserves would create a legal minefield. The Eagles are 100 per cent owned by the WA Football Commission which also owns their AFL licence.

One source said Eagles board members could be putting themselves in an “invidious” position legally if they agreed to use funds from a viable financial entity to guarantee the bailout of clubs which may not prove financially viable.
    The crisis has forced West Coast, despite its cashed-up status, to take austerity measures.
    A significant number of West Coast staff were told this week they would lose their jobs. Others have been urged to take leave without pay until football resumes.
    Fremantle are likely to announce the extent of staff and pay cuts in the next few days.
    North Melbourne chief executive Ben Amarfio claimed clubs were banding together to ensure they had enough collateral for a bailout.
    “The AFL has asked all clubs for transparency over their cash flow but also their reserves,” he said.
    “It won’t be stealing their money, it will basically act as a surety for the massive loan the industry will have to take.
    “The AFL has told us already we will all get a liquidity package.
    “The old distribution is gone and replaced by a new distribution which will be a very small amount of money and we will have to make do with that small amount of money on the skeleton staff we have.”
    Meanwhile, Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett warned the AFL season could be cancelled and all 850 players stood down if they refused to accept the league’s demand for an immediate 80 per cent pay cut.
    Players are holding firm to their offer of a 50 per cent wages reduction until the fate of the 2020 season becomes clearer.
    A tentative restart date has been set for May 31.
    Talks between AFL boss Gillon McLachlan, who has volunteered to take a 20 per cent pay cut, and AFL Players’ Association boss Paul Marsh yesterday failed to resolve the stand-off.
    “I understand their concern but this is about survival between now and when the competition starts again,” Kennett, a member of the AFL’s emergency war cabinet, said.
    “And if an impasse cannot be resolved, one of the alternatives is the players don’t get paid at all until, and if, the season opens again.
    “No one is trying to mislead or gain here. We are simply trying to survive.”
    Selfie Stick Hater

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    In today's West Australian :-

Coronavirus shutdown: AFL eyes off Bank of West Coast for rescue bid

The AFL faces a potential legal battle with WA football if it attempts to use West Coast’s $45 million cash reserve to help guarantee a financial bailout of the code worth up to $500 million.
    It has been suggested that the league could use the reserves of the Eagles ($45 million), Richmond ($24.5 million) and Collingwood ($30 million with a $17 million future fund) as part of the surety for a package they are seeking from the Victorian State Government or the NAB Bank to offset the financial devastation of the coronavirus pandemic.
    The league — which has already told clubs to cut their 2020 wages bill by up to 80 per cent, cut their own bill by the same amount and demanded a 70 to 80 per cent pay cut from players — would scrap annual distributions to clubs and replace them with a scaled-down liquidity package as part of the proposal. It is also possible that the league’s stadium, Marvel, would be part of the bailout’s surety.
    Clubs have been told their football department soft cap would be cut by 30 per cent by next year to about $7 million in a bid to increase the viability of the code and all 18 clubs.
    But business sources which The West Australian spoke with last night said any attempt to use West Coast’s cash reserves would create a legal minefield. The Eagles are 100 per cent owned by the WA Football Commission which also owns their AFL licence.

One source said Eagles board members could be putting themselves in an “invidious” position legally if they agreed to use funds from a viable financial entity to guarantee the bailout of clubs which may not prove financially viable.
    The crisis has forced West Coast, despite its cashed-up status, to take austerity measures.
    A significant number of West Coast staff were told this week they would lose their jobs. Others have been urged to take leave without pay until football resumes.
    Fremantle are likely to announce the extent of staff and pay cuts in the next few days.
    North Melbourne chief executive Ben Amarfio claimed clubs were banding together to ensure they had enough collateral for a bailout.
    “The AFL has asked all clubs for transparency over their cash flow but also their reserves,” he said.
    “It won’t be stealing their money, it will basically act as a surety for the massive loan the industry will have to take.
    “The AFL has told us already we will all get a liquidity package.
    “The old distribution is gone and replaced by a new distribution which will be a very small amount of money and we will have to make do with that small amount of money on the skeleton staff we have.”
    Meanwhile, Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett warned the AFL season could be cancelled and all 850 players stood down if they refused to accept the league’s demand for an immediate 80 per cent pay cut.
    Players are holding firm to their offer of a 50 per cent wages reduction until the fate of the 2020 season becomes clearer.
    A tentative restart date has been set for May 31.
    Talks between AFL boss Gillon McLachlan, who has volunteered to take a 20 per cent pay cut, and AFL Players’ Association boss Paul Marsh yesterday failed to resolve the stand-off.
    “I understand their concern but this is about survival between now and when the competition starts again,” Kennett, a member of the AFL’s emergency war cabinet, said.
    “And if an impasse cannot be resolved, one of the alternatives is the players don’t get paid at all until, and if, the season opens again.
    “No one is trying to mislead or gain here. We are simply trying to survive.”
    Doesnt take a genius to figure this out

Step 1- Eagles sell all assets
    Step 2 - Eagles offer each club a 10 mill startup fund for each new club that joins the West Coast Eagles Football League
    Step 3- Nat Fyfe signs on to become captain of the Fremantle Anchors
    Step 4- The AFLPA disbands and cancels all playing contracts
    Step 5 - All AFLPA players sign new contracts the thw WCEFL
    Step 6 - Optus Stadium announce hosting rights to the WCEFL Grand Final from now til 2070 in a 50 year landmark deal

Rep Level
    Gil bent over and presented full angus

Players literally got 95% of what they wanted

50% payout til end of May and then 70% after. Not sure Nat Fyfe needs 200+k for sitting on a beach in Geraldton while his fellow staff members line up at Centrelink but I suppose he does

Teams
    New Orleans Saints, Geelong, Liverpool, OKC
    Rep Level
    New Orleans Saints Geelong Cats Liverpool
    Do you guys think this whole COVID thing will take the sail out of the AFL? Maybe itís just me, but I actually donít really care the season has been postponed.

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    Do you guys think this whole COVID thing will take the sail out of the AFL? Maybe it’s just me, but I actually don’t really care the season has been postponed.
    as an enrons supporter don't care. I imagine if you're richmond or maybe pies you do but everyone else was a lost cause anyway. Also toast will pretend they had a chance.

I'm more interested in how they distribute draft picks for an unfinished season at this point.

Super Moderator
    Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Arsenal
    Do you guys think this whole COVID thing will take the sail out of the AFL? Maybe itís just me, but I actually donít really care the season has been postponed.
    I think it's maybe that there's bigger things going on as well. Like, if it was just the AFL being postponed and everything else in the world was normal I'd be pretty gutted, but it's just a small thing in the scheme of other things that have been removed from every day life.

In saying that, I'm always counting down until the season starts, I go to basically every pies game in Melb and try to schedule interstate trips around games, so it is a huge part of my life, but I'm not looking forward to it being back in a revised format, games in December would be weird. I was also pretty optimistic about this season from a Collingwood perspective, and with some key players ageing not sure how we'll stack up next year. Also not sure guys like JDG have the discipline to stay super fit while on lockdown, didn't see him carrying any weights from the club gym...

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    its really shown how little id miss it. everyone will froth over it when it returns though. gonna be alltime cringeworthy listening to listen to fuckgil and that bunch of fuckwits in the comm box when it does

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Nah. The sport itself just sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    I just smash the keyboard and hope.

Teams
    New Orleans Saints, Geelong, Liverpool, OKC
    Rep Level
    New Orleans Saints Geelong Cats Liverpool
    Great honest responses. I honestly think Gil and his fucking henchman will use this as an opportunity to implement the changes he has always wanted to ie shorten quarters, shorter season, fucking wild card finals etc etc. itís such a gimmick and the wrong people are in control.

Rep Level
    I miss it alot but it was a real family gathering for me. The football is a slight miss, gathering with my family pre and post game is a huge loss and miss though.

We are 90 mins apart and the footy is our central meetup location for us all so yeah, sucks without it

Rep Level
    Mmmm na miss the footy heaps myself

Hopefully all returns to normal next year, but yeah the remainder of this year will be interesting.. (well, the future of 2020 in general will be interesting)

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Good result tbh because now I don't have to listen weekly about whether or not Woosha is getting sacked for Rutten.
    #NBCSiberia

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Not really missing it crew checking in, mostly miss it for the fantasy side which I think I enjoy more than the sport at this point sadly.

Having said that, all the footy fuckwits that have nothing to talk about on Twitter, etc. are making me miss the sport existing, some of the crap they talk about without it and on other topics is just wow.

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post
    Good result tbh because now I don't have to listen weekly about whether or not Woosha is getting sacked for Rutten.
    Tune into SEN.

Had it on my radio when I went out to pick up dinner last night, they were discussing last years games as if the results were today. I couldn't help but cringe and wonder how much they must be hating it but knowing it's necessary to keep them in a job right now.

Also had a pre game discussion for the game that was meant to be on that night too

Teams
    Essendon, Arsenal
    Rep Level
    Essendon Bombers Arsenal NULL
    Screw you old farts! I miss footy
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    fuck i cant wait till dinner hope we get take away
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    ended up getting kfc

wowowowowow

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Quote Originally Posted by whale View Post
    Screw you old farts! I miss footy
    As much as you normally miss finals?

Teams
    West Coast, QPR, Seahawks
    Rep Level
    Seattle Seahawks WCE Queens Park Rangers
    Yeah I miss footy heaps.

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Adelaide United, Everton
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Everton NULL
    yeah missing footy heaps. Really missing fantasy.

More importantly I'm missing local footy to fuck. Spent a stupid amount of time and effort on prepping some huge things for our 25th Season as a club this year and has made it even more of a downer than it won't see the light of day for a long time. Even just catching up with the boys each week being ripped away for you sucks
    We demand an investigation into the replacement of referee Rafshan Irmatov and his departure at a difficult time in such an important match. We ask for an examination of the grassland that was not suitable for the Syrian team, while Australian players seem to be wearing shoes that cling to the long grass, so we saw Syrian players fall during the game, while Australia's players are steady.

Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Arsenal
    I miss sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Don't miss footy #fuckgil
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    thereís a couple of clusters of illness in Mt Baker and Gawler where theyíve been tested but their results arenít back yet. These individuals have all recently returned from various hot spots overseas and are almost guaranteed to returned positive results. Could be a spike in SA numbers in the next few days.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisdaryl View Post
    I miss sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ive restores to watching old sports game the last couple days 2018 finals series

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    Ive restores to watching old sports game the last couple days 2018 finals series
    2018? Weren't we in quarantine for a major virus that year? I don't recall any finals
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    I just smash the keyboard and hope.