Close

Page 497 of 500 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499 ... LastLast
Results 12,401 to 12,425 of 12479
    Rep Level
    They gotta prevent this AFLW crap from being on TV, it's hideous and bringing the game into disrepute
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

Teams
    Collingwood, Newcastle United, Melbourne City
    Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Newcastle United Chicago Bulls
    I don't understand why they don't shorten the length of the ground for it so there are more goal.

Super Moderator
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    They gotta prevent this AFLW crap from being on TV, it's hideous and bringing the game into disrepute
    There's a button on your remote that prevents it being on TV, try that next time.

Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Arsenal
    I actually thought it was a good contest.

The standard is improving.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by melaniej View Post
    There's a button on your remote that prevents it being on TV, try that next time.
    I have, but It's a bit like saying. Don't listen to the news of the war in Syria, that way it isn't happening

It doesn't work that way. Ramming a half baked unfinished product down our throats helps no one and insults all. This thing needs 20 rule changes at the very least, halving the size of the ground is obvious step 1

Super Moderator
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisdaryl View Post
    I actually thought it was a good contest.

The standard is improving.

Much much better.

As long as you're managing your expectations of the standard of something in its very early days, it's enjoyable.

As a girl who grew up being told I wasn't allowed to play footy, my parents sent me to basketball instead of being allowed to do Auskick with my brother, being told at primary school I couldn't play footy for interschool sports and forced into the netball team, and who had no avenue to play the game outside of interschool tournaments until the last 5 years, I think it's great that it's an option. If you don't enjoy it, don't watch it, but it's so disrespectful the way I'm seeing people talk about this on socials.

Super Moderator
    Rep Level
    I have, but It's a bit like saying. Don't listen to the news of the war in Syria, that way it isn't happening

It doesn't work that way. Ramming a half baked unfinished product down our throats helps no one and insults all. This thing needs 20 rule changes at the very least, halving the size of the ground is obvious step 1
    Who's ramming it down your throat honestly. Turn your telly off, scroll past it on your news feed. Have some respect, what if your daughter wants to play AFL? Are you going to tell her she can't because it's pathetic and boring?

Rep Level
    Who's ramming it down your throat honestly. Turn your telly off, scroll past it on your news feed. Have some respect, what if your daughter wants to play AFL? Are you going to tell her she can't because it's pathetic and boring?
    Respect and news feed time is a finite resource really. It should go to the W-League, WNBL. These sports are of s good standard. This however simply is not

I won't let my daughter play AFL. Much like I won't let her join the UFC. Basketball/netball/soccer will be okay

Rep Level
    I mean the NBL or A-League doesn't get the coverage it 'deserves' its not really the AFL's fault.

I do think the AFL had a problem trying to compare the Womens AFL to mens which was a bad idea from the start.

however you can see clearly see the game has become more professional and I think if they focused on more about saying 'watch us evolve and grow' I think the product would do a lot better.

I think if the AFL build the comp slowly I think it could actually do really well and have more of a chance in the future (maybe in 10 years) to be self sufficient and have its own identity.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Much much better.

As long as you're managing your expectations of the standard of something in its very early days, it's enjoyable.

As a girl who grew up being told I wasn't allowed to play footy, my parents sent me to basketball instead of being allowed to do Auskick with my brother, being told at primary school I couldn't play footy for interschool sports and forced into the netball team, and who had no avenue to play the game outside of interschool tournaments until the last 5 years, I think it's great that it's an option. If you don't enjoy it, don't watch it, but it's so disrespectful the way I'm seeing people talk about this on socials.
    I actually agree with this aspect but the counter point would be to actually develop a product to answer this problem and not what they've done by forcing "this" into the public eye.

AFLW is just a terrible standard of football, your average D Grade team would beat any of these teams and I don't see anyone clamoring to have them broadcast for all the guys who weren't good enough to play AFL.

Create a genuine grass roots AFLW product so women can play the sport if they choose but this product is genuinely worse than AFLX and has no place being in the media or taking away broadcasting minutes from much worthier products. All that money being spent promoting the horrible AFLW product could easily be redirected into developing genuine grass root products for female football.

The AFL rams it hard, I'd have no problem at all if the clubs/AFL would stop using the AFL affiliated media sources to promote it. Create an AFLW app instead of spamming the AFL app with the crap. Create an AFLW twitter for all the clubs instead of spamming the AFL clubs. Yes I just scroll past it but I don't want to have to waste my time doing that and I don't want to have to disable notifications on the AFL app for example.

If the product is worthy (my opinion obviously is it isn't but that doesn't matter) then it will survive and flourish on it's own and let it do that, stop force feeding it down peoples throats with your existing product, keep them separate.

If they're not willing to develop separate apps, at least add a filter to the existing one so it isn't spammed with it.

I actually think women's football is a fine idea, just think they've gone about it ass backwards and are harming the product by braodcasting such a truly awful spectacle.

Super Moderator
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    I actually agree with this aspect but the counter point would be to actually develop a product to answer this problem and not what they've done by forcing "this" into the public eye.

AFLW is just a terrible standard of football, your average D Grade team would beat any of these teams and I don't see anyone clamoring to have them broadcast for all the guys who weren't good enough to play AFL.

Create a genuine grass roots AFLW product so women can play the sport if they choose but this product is genuinely worse than AFLX and has no place being in the media or taking away broadcasting minutes from much worthier products. All that money being spent promoting the horrible AFLW product could easily be redirected into developing genuine grass root products for female football.

The AFL rams it hard, I'd have no problem at all if the clubs/AFL would stop using the AFL affiliated media sources to promote it. Create an AFLW app instead of spamming the AFL app with the crap. Create an AFLW twitter for all the clubs instead of spamming the AFL clubs. Yes I just scroll past it but I don't want to have to waste my time doing that and I don't want to have to disable notifications on the AFL app for example.

If the product is worthy (my opinion obviously is it isn't but that doesn't matter) then it will survive and flourish on it's own and let it do that, stop force feeding it down peoples throats with your existing product, keep them separate.

If they're not willing to develop separate apps, at least add a filter to the existing one so it isn't spammed with it.

I actually think women's football is a fine idea, just think they've gone about it ass backwards and are harming the product by braodcasting such a truly awful spectacle.
    Yeah the AFL is the issue here, not the girls trying to live out their dream playing footy. Happy to criticise the execution of the competition rather than the standard. It's not a comparable product to the mens, rather an option for the women. Would much rather see money invested into state comps that run as proper seasons over winter and have junior teams through there, still have the resources of the affiliation but the way they have done an 8 round competition over summer is just unfair to the girls.

My main gripe is the heroes on social media making comments, here's a sample from one post today. Why these people felt the need to comment, aware that's all of social media but have seen much nastier than the below as well and if it was your daughter / sister running around trying to get a kick you'd be pretty upset with people mouthing off like that.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Much much better.

You gonna go play for your local?

Super Moderator
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    You gonna go play for your local?
    As there was no option for Aussie rules when I was joining a Saturday team sport, I'm pretty committed to my outdoor soccer team and can't do both. Still considering making the switch though.

Rep Level
    I’d argue they arnt forcing women’s footy down anyone’s throat tbh. Compare the previews to afl x to see how much they actually care for aflw

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Have you seen the mongs chat shit on any afl page though? Hardly localised to aflw

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Rep Level
    Yeah those fucking toaster fans have no idea

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisdaryl View Post
    Yeah those fucking toaster fans have no idea

BOOOOOOO

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    I’d argue they arnt forcing women’s footy down anyone’s throat tbh. Compare the previews to afl x to see how much they actually care for aflw
    I'm so good at burying my head in the sand I've hardly seen anything AFL-X related.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Yeah I find the AFLW stuff much more pervasive than AFLX, AFLX is just the AFL and a few of their bought and paid journos trying to push it and then hilarious "no one gives a fuck" comments.

AFLW is pages of crap.

Rep Level
    A video has surfaced of Jack Watts smashing/wasting coke off some titties

Edit: just read it may not be cocaine
    Last edited by Jihad; 3rd February 2019 at 01:18 PM.

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Quote Originally Posted by Jihad View Post
    A video has surfaced of Jack Watts smashing/wasting coke off some titties
    What sort of idiot wastes that much smh
    Did I become this awesome or was it something I was born with?

Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    You're being a massive Clint

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    a quick google of wiesn koks reveals it's probably not cocaine
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    You're being a massive Clint

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    a quick google of wiesn koks reveals it's probably not cocaine
    Even still just make sure no one is fucking filming. Especially if it’s your mate.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Even still just make sure no one is fucking filming. Especially if it’s your mate.
    Why should you not be able to do something perfectly legal and have a friend take a photo/video of it? Like saying if you went bungie jumping you should make sure no one films it or you drink a pint at the pub that no one gets a photo.

This is textbook AFL media trying to create a shitstorm that shouldn't exist and the perpetually outraged jumping on the opportunity to be outraged.