Close

Page 485 of 495 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487 ... LastLast
Results 12,101 to 12,125 of 12369
    Teams
    West Coast
    Rep Level
    WCE NULL NULL
    Doedee should win it by miles, but because he plays mostly in defence, they dismiss him. Absolute star.
    "We actually got the winning goal three minutes from the end but then they scored."

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DALBS View Post
    Doedee should win it by miles, but because he plays mostly in defence, they dismiss him. Absolute star.
    Disagree. Stephenson in a heartbeat. Small forward in an undersized forward line and as rumbol said is a big part of the flagpies success. Can't rate that highly enough.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Teams
    West Coast, QPR, Seahawks
    Rep Level
    Seattle Seahawks WCE Queens Park Rangers
    Stephenson has been a real game winner. 100% deserves it.

Teams
    West Coast
    Rep Level
    WCE NULL NULL
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    Disagree. Stephenson in a heartbeat. Small forward in an undersized forward line and as rumbol said is a big part of the flagpies success. Can't rate that highly enough.

I like Stephenson, he's had a great year, I just think the media has gone too far with their fapping over him. Doedee was much better, in a shithouse team too.
    "We actually got the winning goal three minutes from the end but then they scored."

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DALBS View Post
    I like Stephenson, he's had a great year, I just think the media has gone too far with their fapping over him. Doedee was much better, in a shithouse team too.
    But doedee couldnt make a shit team good where as Stephenson contributed to a top for finish in a very meaningful way. Surely that is more valuable than contributing to a shit season?

#broughtback

Teams
    West Coast
    Rep Level
    WCE NULL NULL
    But doedee couldnt make a shit team good where as Stephenson contributed to a top for finish in a very meaningful way. Surely that is more valuable than contributing to a shit season?

I hate it when you make too much sense. Carry on.

I like the sound of Roughead coming west, He's in his prime too, age wise. Make it happen Eagles. Premiership player that could be so valuable.

Rep Level
    Western Bulldogs Liverpool
    Stephenson wins the Rising Star with 52 votes. Doedee 2nd with 42 and Witherden 3rd with 32.

Teams
    Collingwood, Newcastle United, Melbourne City
    Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Newcastle United Chicago Bulls
    And I'm $400 richer.

Had $20 on him at the start of the year

Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Arsenal
    Not a good week for Embers

First grundy and now stepho.

Hope this continues to next week

#flagpies

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Histrionics View Post
    And I'm $400 richer.

Had $20 on him at the start of the year
    Did you know much about him going into the season or did you have that blind flagpies faith?

#broughtback

Teams
    Collingwood, Newcastle United, Melbourne City
    Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Newcastle United Chicago Bulls
    Did you know much about him going into the season or did you have that blind flagpies faith?

The latter

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Only real question mark on him before the draft was his general kicking because his long term development will be moving into the midfield. X factor off the charts.

There were question marks on Worpel's kicking as well and in his short stint this year I've seen several bullet passes hit the mark as well as a few beautiful deft touch kicks. I'm pretty confident he'll prove to be a bargain at pick 45.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Did I become this awesome or was it something I was born with?

Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Surely would've been question marks on Stephenson's endurance. I see him as what we drafted petrucelle to be.

#broughtback

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    I think Doedee has had a really strong season down back, he's come straight in and made the loss of Lever a non-factor which has been super impressive - his 1 on 1 and kicking skills are better.

That said, no complaint with Stephenson winning it, much harder to do it as a small forward so all credit to him.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jihad View Post
    Isn't it the first time since Chris Grant a first year player has kicked 30+? Pretty impressive feat.
    Troy Wilson certainly did that post Chris Grant. Pretty sure the JPod did as well. Also would back that the great Paul Medhurst pulled it off also. Ben Brown also did it if you count his finals (he only played 19 games and kicked 29, had another 3 in his finals).

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblah View Post
    Only real question mark on him before the draft was his general kicking because his long term development will be moving into the midfield. X factor off the charts.

There were question marks on Worpel's kicking as well and in his short stint this year I've seen several bullet passes hit the mark as well as a few beautiful deft touch kicks. I'm pretty confident he'll prove to be a bargain at pick 45.
    By far the biggest question mark on Stephenson was his heart issue, several clubs ruled him out completely based on that alone.

Surely would've been question marks on Stephenson's endurance. I see him as what we drafted petrucelle to be.

No, Stephenson was one of the elite endurance guys at the draft. 3rd in the Yo-yo test (replaced the beep test) and top 10 in 2km trial.

Other than the heart his other major question mark was whether he can add enough size to his frame and what position he was best suited to play in addition to whether he could become a genuine midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    I think Doedee has had a really strong season down back, he's come straight in and made the loss of Lever a non-factor which has been super impressive - his 1 on 1 and kicking skills are better.

That said, no complaint with Stephenson winning it, much harder to do it as a small forward so all credit to him.
    For mine the problem with Stephenson is that he was about as pure a flat track bully as you could be, basically piled it on when the team was thrashing opponents as an out the back seagull and went missing whenever he was needed. He kicked 1 goal in their 7 losses. 8 goals in their 5 games they won by under 25 points and 25 in the other 10 games they won by 30+ (with one of those games at 28 points).

I like him as a player but that over the back role in a strong side is one of the easiest roles going around, same role that made Cam McCarthy look like a stud at GWS or similar to the role that Jenkins plays for the Crows. You play in a side that won 15 games, most two thirds of those by 5+ goals and you'd hope to kick a bunch of goals.

Not arguing he isn't a very decent prospect and I'd have had him 2nd, I just think he was a long way behind Doedee who played a much harder role at a consistently higher level. Doedee was exceptional at a role that is normally played by experienced stars. The only guys in the league that played his role better were Rance, McGovern and Stratton and two of them were AA and the other was straight out robbed to not be. Doedee's team was also terrible this year as well, which only makes the role he played that much harder.

Stephenson is a terrific young player though, no doubt at all there and he's had an excellent season. One of those ones where if the result was flipped I'd have agreed entirely as the 52-42 margin seems about right and as it is I can see how people who don't watch much football would back him in easily.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    Troy Wilson certainly did that post Chris Grant. Pretty sure the JPod did as well. Also would back that the great Paul Medhurst pulled it off also. Ben Brown also did it if you count his finals (he only played 19 games and kicked 29, had another 3 in his finals).
    Judging by those names, I'm assuming it's to do with him being the first teenager in his first year since Grant. Can't say I was paying attention when I heard the stat on TV the other day.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jihad View Post
    Judging by those names, I'm assuming it's to do with him being the first teenager in his first year since Grant. Can't say I was paying attention when I heard the stat on TV the other day.
    Oh I'm sure it's some oddly specific stat that someone with too much time managed to dig up.

I mean, I'm guessing Ronke is the first first year player to kick 7 goals at the MCG against Hawthorn on a Friday night (can probably de-specify that a bit even!) (He also would have got to 30 most likely if he'd played 22)

That game is still one of the most baffling and unforeseeable games I've ever seen as well.

Rep Level
    Story in the paper about Ben Cousins calling Dustin Martin up asking for his old Richmond Guernsey he gifted him so he could sell. Martin just blocked his number.

My missus work colleague bought Chad Fletchers old house. Anyway at 1am, he gets someone banging on his door. He answers

"Hey Chad, do you still have any of my old guernseys, I'm a bit strapped for cash bro"
    "Nah mate, Chad doesn't live here anymore man"
    "Ah okay, can you go get him for me"
    "He doesn't live here anymore, he lives in a different house"
    "Can you ask him where he lives"
    "No, I don't have his number, I don't know where he lives man, go home mate"

Stupid thing is he was traveling around in a taxi. Imagine how much thst taxi fare would have been after that night. And how could he afford to pay for that taxi :
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Story in the paper about Ben Cousins calling Dustin Martin up asking for his old Richmond Guernsey he gifted him so he could sell. Martin just blocked his number.

My missus work colleague bought Chad Fletchers old house. Anyway at 1am, he gets someone banging on his door. He answers

"Hey Chad, do you still have any of my old guernseys, I'm a bit strapped for cash bro"
    "Nah mate, Chad doesn't live here anymore man"
    "Ah okay, can you go get him for me"
    "He doesn't live here anymore, he lives in a different house"
    "Can you ask him where he lives"
    "No, I don't have his number, I don't know where he lives man, go home mate"

Stupid thing is he was traveling around in a taxi. Imagine how much thst taxi fare would have been after that night. And how could he afford to pay for that taxi :
    To expand on that last paragraph. Read an article today on Perthnow saying he was staying at langtrees (brothel for you non wa fgts) with the madam looking after him and paying for his taxi rides and the girls would have to babysit him

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    No sympathy for this chump

Rep Level
    One of the Scott brothers made a really good point about the Carlton AFL mature aged recruit idea. If you are a club, see a guy in the SANFL you may want, fly recruiters around to meet him, watch him and then get told at the last minute, "Oh by the way you have no access too him, he is going to Carlton before the draft starts" you are going to be mightily pissed. Do the AFL compensate for the wasted hours trying to get someone you had no ability to draft or what?
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Said it before, that rewarding ineptitude just breeds ineptitude.

Stop giving extras to the teams that do things wrong.

I don't actually care about tanking, teams should tank if they're smart and not playing finals but I'd actually like a lottery so that teams who are consistently bad don't get rewarded for it.

Teams
    West Coast
    Rep Level
    WCE NULL NULL
    I loved Charlie Camerons goal and Mark of the year. Hope wins the double. Who did you guys vote for?

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Francis

fkn rigged afl salty over howe did he do that last yr get fucked
    #NBCSiberia

Rep Level
    Never get tired of seeing Isaac Smith missing the goal after the siren.

Being that cocky and missing...
    Quote Originally Posted by CummerCanWait View Post
    Eagles will win by 1 point...
    Worst Coast scenario...