Close

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    The number of sessions doesn’t really govern the intensity of the workout schedule. I would consider adding weight to major compound movements every week to be a heavy workload.
    Those session numbers are based on a full workout on those calculators, if you're doing 3-5 sessions, then you're in the moderate category for the calculation purposes.

If my test levels and insulin sensitivity were that fucked there’s no way I would’ve been performing in the gym. Not only that my sleep, moods and overall vitality would’ve been buggered and the reality was that couldn’t be further from the truth.

I’m still not sure your initial supposition that my diet (either due to the caloric volume or macronutrient composition) could’ve ruined t levels/insulin sensitivity is supported by science anyway.

Insulin sensitivity is mostly adversely effected by constant and prolonged exposure to insulin through high sugar consumption. I don’t believe there’s anything in my diet that could’ve caused that.
    I went too far in saying crushing but messing with either of the two elements makes things a lot harder. If you want the science, here's two studies, one confirming a strong link between increased BF and Insulin Sensitivity and the other that increased BF decreases T and increases E levels.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16497175
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21678033

I'm just arguing the pure science side of things, you can anecdotally bro-science your way through it because you still got results but what you did flat out made it harder on yourself to get those results. It's impossible for you to do it again to prove either direction but the science strongly supports that your bulking diet was making things harder on you because of the absurd fat level that you ingested.

It's great that you got results better than you expected even but that doesn't mean you couldn't have done better with better dietary information. I haven't even mentioned the micronutrient side of things that diet would be so severely lacking in as well.

I do look forward to the next bulk, clean bulks are hard work but you reap the rewards when you cut the next time and you'll be amazed when you find the gains easier as well because your body will be thanking you for not poisoning it!

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    Those session numbers are based on a full workout on those calculators, if you're doing 3-5 sessions, then you're in the moderate category for the calculation purposes.

I went too far in saying crushing but messing with either of the two elements makes things a lot harder. If you want the science, here's two studies, one confirming a strong link between increased BF and Insulin Sensitivity and the other that increased BF decreases T and increases E levels.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16497175
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21678033

I'm just arguing the pure science side of things, you can anecdotally bro-science your way through it because you still got results but what you did flat out made it harder on yourself to get those results. It's impossible for you to do it again to prove either direction but the science strongly supports that your bulking diet was making things harder on you because of the absurd fat level that you ingested.

It's great that you got results better than you expected even but that doesn't mean you couldn't have done better with better dietary information. I haven't even mentioned the micronutrient side of things that diet would be so severely lacking in as well.

I do look forward to the next bulk, clean bulks are hard work but you reap the rewards when you cut the next time and you'll be amazed when you find the gains easier as well because your body will be thanking you for not poisoning it!

broscience, your studies don't prove you assertion that my diet and lower testosterone or insulin sensitivity are in any way causally related or even correlated. Yeah fat people have lower test and shitty insulin sensitivity, thanks for your completely irrelevant studies bro

Last edited by showdownhero; 25th November 2018 at 09:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    You're being a massive Clint

Veteran
    Rep Level

broscience, your studies don't prove you assertion that my diet and lower testosterone or insulin sensitivity are in any way causally related or even correlated. Yeah fat people have lower test and shitty insulin sensitivity, thanks for your completely irrelevant studies bro

So you'll ignore scientific studies that strongly support that higher BF does both those things simply because you had good gains on a shitty diet? Honestly mate, that's just moronic. You're the same as an idiot who eats nothing but an apple a day for a month and loses weight and thinks their diet is just great for them because results...

You're being an idiot, plain and simple.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    So you'll ignore scientific studies that strongly support that higher BF does both those things simply because you had good gains on a shitty diet? Honestly mate, that's just moronic. You're the same as an idiot who eats nothing but an apple a day for a month and loses weight and thinks their diet is just great for them because results...

You're being an idiot, plain and simple.
    I was laughing at the king of unsubstantiated bull shit accusing me of broscience, you've e-diagnosed me with low test and poor insulin sensitivity despite me exhibiting ZERO symptoms and not being able to show any link between my diet and either of those conditions.

You have absolutely no idea and I couldn't care less what you make of my nutrition or training.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level

Definitive Diet/Nutrition Thread

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqz1sbEAwPt/

Dude makes a good point (in the caption). Not that I’ve done full carnivore before but when I’m keto I only shit once every 3 days.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    pretty sure we're capable of eating both animals and plants with our set-up. both are rotting from the moment they are plucked/harvested or killed...that is happening before it gets in your body at all

I don't think there's exactly a rule that says everything needs to be fully digested when passing through you anyway. plenty of examples in nature where this happens. and most animals need to be way more food efficient than us. bears still eat fucking berries and plants despite a shorter large intestine than us. can see what they've been eating in their shit. and I don't reckon that cunt will ever be as ripped as a fucking bear

also need to think about what function we (used to) play in the bigger system anyway. in some ways just a delivery device for plants ensuring their own survival - i.e. eat seeds/plants, gain some nutritional benefit, some undigested, take a dump - perfect mix of seeds, moisture and fertiliser to promote growth. guess what - then the herbivores/omnivores have something to eat so the carnivores can eat them.

but basically, clints should just do whatever fucking works for them and stop preaching about it. everyone has different reasons for doing things different ways

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    new years bulking diet all sorted

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    as much as i complained my dirty bulk was making me feel like I was wearing a mental straight jacket strict keto keeps my mind SUPER clear, feel like I'm on dat dere limitless time

only started on monday, already lost 2.9kg too (I know it's mainly water weight/glycogen stores but still) 93.3kg to 90.4kg

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    I started keto last week too but also have been sick (pre keto) so stayed away from gym this week.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Pretty sure half of Perth has been sick this week, literally everyone I talk to has the flu (me included).

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    I started keto last week too but also have been sick (pre keto) so stayed away from gym this week.

Good luck bro

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    On that note, had fried eggs and reverse seared steak for dinner last night

Fucking heaven

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Pretty sure half of Perth has been sick this week, literally everyone I talk to has the flu (me included).
    No flu, just a pretty mild cold but yeh heaps of people I know had it too. Basically just congested as fuck and messed with my sleep.

#broughtback

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    On that note, had fried eggs and reverse seared steak for dinner last night

Fucking heaven
    Did you see my Snapchat to the rz group with the tomahawk ribeyes?

Will be sous viding then searing on starter chimney tonight. Pics to come.

Also had my afl dt draft party last night at my mates house. Biggest test for staying keto given they are gorging themselves on so much carby goodness. I drank only low/no carb beers (bighead or something) and a steak for lunch. Passed

#broughtback

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    that sugar film runs a corporate program which my work ran, didn't get a second year.
    #NBCSiberia

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE

This is gonna sound salty as fuck at rumbles levels...

Sick of fat cunts losing weight (to basically go from obese to overweight), and everyone raving about how well they are doing, looking so good etc etc. And this being the fucking millionth time they’ve gone through this cycle. Why are you a fat cunt in the first place when you have zero reason to be except a severe case of sloth and a mouth that you just can’t stop feeding burgers

Awesome if someone is doing something about their health, and making it stick, but I get real tired of these people who have been losing weight / gonna start exercising / on a ‘diet’ for years and just repeating the same old cycle. And I’m the cunt if not positive and encouraging? GTFO

Where’s the applause for us s who’ve never been 30kg plus overweight? Not all heroes wear fat rolls

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    sounds like someone has seen one to many fb inspirational posts
    #NBCSiberia

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    They should just pray to God asking for that sweet body of christ

Browsing through some keto pages on fb to get some recipes but half the shit is attempted inspiration posts that got me a little rustled

So many have content like "fucking dumb doctors said I should do some cardio. Well I lost 30kg with no cardio ya stupid quack"

#broughtback

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post
    sounds like someone has seen one to many fb inspirational posts
    Nah wouldn’t follow that shit. Just mates in person over 10+ years

Keto is the greatest diet ever, this will solve all my problems.....oh man keto just isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
    IF is the GOAT....yeah I tried that just totally unsustainable
    This product will solve all my problems....oh nah has all these side effects

All while not exercising or following them correctly anyway. Some of them used to ask if they could train with me, but then never turn up

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Fitness and health is very much a lifestyle choice rather than a one-off fad. Dieting never works because it implies that the change in eating habits is only temporary. Rather for any sustained change it needs to be permanent. Giving up things like full sugar soft drink and fast food would do much more than overhauling your diet to go keto, IF etc. but half the reason people do the overhaul is so they can gloat about it to their friends. What a fucking world we live in.
    #NBCSiberia

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post
    Fitness and health is very much a lifestyle choice rather than a one-off fad. Dieting never works because it implies that the change in eating habits is only temporary. Rather for any sustained change it needs to be permanent. Giving up things like full sugar soft drink and fast food would do much more than overhauling your diet to go keto, IF etc. but half the reason people do the overhaul is so they can gloat about it to their friends. What a fucking world we live in.
    drastic changes are often required to achieve the desired aesthetic/weight loss goals

sustainable food choices are required to maintain the desired weight/physique

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Yep started keto to drop some kegs cos I find it's more of a fucking ball ache to eat like a peasant on a "regular" diet.

Once I've hit my goal weight it's off keto and into a more sustainable diet (small surplus plus weights to add muscle and allowing myself to splurge on occasions). Back to keto if I need to cut more than a couple of kg at any point.

I certainly wouldn't say any diet as restrictive as keto (particularly with no exercise) should be considered healthy as a long term option, but to get yourself on track its perfectly fine.

#broughtback

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    drastic changes are often required to achieve the desired aesthetic/weight loss goals

sustainable food choices are required to maintain the desired weight/physique
    Yeah but people chose the wrong tools for the wrong goals. For someone like you and me, we might adopt KETO/IF if we want to drop weight (relatively) quick to achieve a desired goal (be it bf%). These other people use KETO/IF etc as a mechanism for achieving their desired lifestyle change which is completely unsustainable and their fallback is not to a sustainable level but what they previously were which made them a fat cunt.
    #NBCSiberia

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE

yeah basically these cunts just need to make lifestyle decisions (eat less quantity, do some consistent exercise), not attempt to lose weight over a quick period then just rebound and repeat

e.g. them ‘doing’ IF while lying to themselves about actually fasting, and going to the gym once a fortnight for a token session ain’t gonna do jack shit

even just reducing the quantity of what they eat and doing 2-3 sessions of anything a week might take longer, but is going to wind them up further ahead in the long term

Basically looking for the magic pill instead