Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Thanks clints
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    You're being a massive Clint

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    So sdh is a boss but what is everyone else lifting?

Im at
    Squat 100kg
    Bench 75kg
    Deads 120kg

This is the first time I've followed a proper program (531) with consistency and its starting to pay dividends (still a bitch but hadn't lifted at all for 2.5years). Feel I'm doing the deadlifts easily and progressing every cycle without dramas. Squat is starting to test me (particularly form. I've got such tight hips and poor flexibility) and bench is progressing nicely but slowly (scear of dying benching without a spot)

Im also doing ohp of 50kg and struggling to progress there consistently but it's a hard lift to put significant kg gains on.

My goal is to join the 1000lbs club (which would roughly be 100kg bench, 150 squat and 200dl) by the end of the year. Certainly doable but pretty ambitious particularly if I decide to commit to a calorie deficit and stop being a fat cunt.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by yeah_nah; 10th February 2019 at 11:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Going through 6 rep power program with
    Bench 95
    Squat 105
    Deads 110
    Clean press 35 lol

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    I don't bother with 1RM (never have) and I'm pretty pathetic at the moment but...

Doing 3x10 at 90kg on Bench.
    Doing 5x5 at 140kg on Dead (grip is my issue here, takes ages to get that strong enough and only been back a couple of months and in Thailand where I sweat like a mofo it's even harder).
    Squat I'm doing 3x10 at 110kg but really concentrating on form here and not trying to lift heavy, with my injuries squat has become a really difficult lift as I haven't got the dorsiflex in my foot because of the nerve damage and the general injuries have made my hips pretty tight as well just from extended periods of inactivity and no more lateral movement activities.

For reference back when I was in shape I used to do 3x8 at 135kg on bench and was over 200 for sets of 8 on both dead and squat (can't remember exactly where except dead has always been heavier), bench was always my top lift as I've got a big chest and short arms so basically built for it. This was 10 years ago now before the multiple injuries and a decade out of the gym as a result.

To be fair, I'm at ~95kg now rather than 115kg like I was back then, I'm also fatter, slower and less fit, aging is mean

I'm also doing all my weight sessions in a fasted state, no idea the level of impact that has as I haven't done a session non-fasted since I got back into it but I don't imagine it's significant at all to be honest.

I'm also cutting which makes strength gains difficult, basically have plateaued at the above numbers for the past few weeks but I'm mostly focused on tightening my form back up now before trying to go any heavier. Basically trying to get the weight down to ~90kg so none of those numbers would be terrible at that weight

On a positive, fitness gains are much better, now running 6km at a 4:45 pace on fresh days and 5-5:15 pace on the day following leg days. Still very slow compared to what I used to do but getting better and feeling less like dying at the end of the runs. That said haven't run in the past week because of a cold so probably will have slammed all that in reverse and will want to die. Again, Thailand can sometimes be pretty oppressive when running so some runs are significantly worse thanks to that but when conditions are decent that's what I'm doing.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Your bench and squat basically convert to sdhs powerlifting comp 1rms, and you say pretty pathetic at the moment

#broughtback

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    Your bench and squat basically convert to sdhs powerlifting comp 1rms, and you say pretty pathetic at the moment

All things are relative

Compared to what I used to do I feel pathetic. Doesn't help that the gym I'm training at has some monsters, think of the guys who come to Thailand so they can juice their asses off on the cheap and literally just live in the gym types, there is one guy who is legit doing his bench press sets at 150kg and he doesn't even look like he's trying (I'd guess he's close to 130kg to be fair), guy genuinely looks like if you took the Mountain from GoT and compressed him into a 6'2 human instead... I'll be honest, I'm normally in the top few guys at the gym whenever I've been in the past and I'm just in the pack at this one.

Do also get some fucking weird guys at the gym though, the types who've come to Thailand to get in shape but just don't get it. One guy wears khaki shorts and sandals and I don't think he'd break a sweat if he worked out for 24 hours such is the lack of intensity. There's one girl who pays to come and walk on the treadmill and it's not a cheap gym by any means. One guy just plays with the bamboo sticks doing weird stretches, never touches any of the equipment. One guy comes and does the weirdest dancing stretches for 25 minutes (think of a monkey scratching it's arm pits and shit like that), I literally struggle to not laugh out loud or video it, then, despite a textbook dad bod, he will take his shirt off and play around in front of a mirror for 5 minutes, then he will hit one or two machines and leave. There was one girl who, morbidly obese, seemed to think "going to the gym" was a literal explanation of how it works, she came, sat on a chair watching people for a good 30 minutes and then left.

It's actually the most amazing gym for random shit and you couldn't get more varied clientele from the serious level to the no fucking clue level.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Are you in Thailand? I thought you were in Russia. Must be some fucken roid freaks there too.

#broughtback

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    Are you in Thailand? I thought you were in Russia. Must be some fucken roid freaks there too.

In Thailand at the moment, will be in Perth in a few weeks for a quick visit.

Russia is all about powerlifting, it's actually incredible how different the desired gym physique is compared to Australia. The Tapered V that most Australians are targeting is particularly frowned upon. Guys are just big blocks of humans, with Ice Hockey being pretty much the main sport as well there is no skipping leg day, ever. Some units over there as well, I'm sure there is plenty of guys on roids but it's certainly more obvious/prevalent in Thailand, most Russians probably can't really afford it whilst Thailand has cashed up bogan types juicing until their eyeballs pop out.

I can safely say I've never seen so many shitty tattoos and clearly roided up people in my life and pretty much every time I hear an Aussie accent I try and tune out the conversation because I know it's going to be embarrassing, was having lunch yesterday and there were two Aussies talking about kinging people like it's something to be proud of... I do miss Australia but I sure don't miss the average Australian at all...

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Identify as transgender
    Become a national champion
    ???????
    Profit

https://twitter.com/fairplaywomen/st...52060593352705
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    You're being a massive Clint

Veteran
    Rep Level
    I'm actually looking forward to the tranny vs feminist path we're currently going down.

Should be an epic shitstorm, saw there is some feminist suing Twitter for banning her for saying men aren't women or something similar...

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Men dominating everything. We already took out woman of the year. Master gender, cocksuckaz

#broughtback

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    I'm actually looking forward to the tranny vs feminist path we're currently going down.

Should be an epic shitstorm, saw there is some feminist suing Twitter for banning her for saying men aren't women or something similar...
    Yep the snake is well and truly eating itself. Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminists (TERFs) are fully entrenched but it seems as though the transgenders have more victim points so the TERFs are being reprimanded for hate speech and the like. Fascinating.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    Identify as transgender
    Become a national champion
    ???????
    Profit

https://twitter.com/fairplaywomen/st...52060593352705
    You getting ideas fe-m8?

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar