Close

Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 1934
    Teams
    New Orleans Saints, Geelong, Liverpool, OKC
    Rep Level
    New Orleans Saints Geelong Cats Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by Histrionics View Post
    Ah yep. I was thinking about missing mine as I didn't want to stress over the numbers as I'm feeling good anyway.

Going well, pretty happy after 4 weeks. Lost 4kg of fat and gained 1kg of muscle. Hopefully keep it up.
    That’s outstanding mate! Keep it up.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    I wouldn’t really describe it as that slow for a non-runner anyway. It wasn’t as a balls out 2km anyway was it?

Teams
    New Orleans Saints, Geelong, Liverpool, OKC
    Rep Level
    New Orleans Saints Geelong Cats Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by melaniej View Post
    I've been doing it 2 years now, and kind of tempted to give it up just not getting the same motivation there anymore and it must not be a very well run place cos all the good trainers have left and been replaced with pretty floggy ones.

The only thing keeping me from quitting it is that I have a good deal on their foundation membership but I reckon I'll suspend it when I go away in Feb and try going back to normal gym for a while. $12 a week is much nicer and I'll have preseason and everything then too.
    Sucks to hear.

When I went to Melbourne for a few days last week I was staying in South Yarra and went to the F45 there. It was absolutely brilliant. Trainers were great, music cranked and just a really good vibe. Atmosphere plays a massive part. Also getting partnered with someone who is close to your fitness level or fitter is also motivating.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    8th November Cardio Workout 96.7kg

176 calories burnt
    12:36 duration

Heart rate average - 155
    Heart rate max - 176

Distance - 2.02km
    Pace - 6:15 min/km

First bit of cardio in 12 months, I'm very fat, slow and unfit

Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    Haha, yeah you are! I want to hope that was HIIT to have the slow a pace over that short a distance?

I mean I'm incredibly unfit and that's a slow pace for a 7km run and I'm hauling 110kg around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes View Post
    I wouldn’t really describe it as that slow for a non-runner anyway. It wasn’t as a balls out 2km anyway was it?
    This. I ran 3km at 5:30/km after being long time out of the running game and was super fucked. 6km/min is probably reasonable if you're not a regular runner.

Been listening to Joe Rogan Podcast a fair bit and theyve been doing an October fitness challenge, Joe was off chops doing 6 hour workouts but Bert Kreischer and Tom Segura both ran marathon distances as fat fucks. Amazed as to how they can just do that, especially Bert since he's a raging alcoholic and just a real fat piece of shit generally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    8th November Cardio Workout 96.7kg

176 calories burnt
    12:36 duration

Heart rate average - 155
    Heart rate max - 176

Distance - 2.02km
    Pace - 6:15 min/km

First bit of cardio in 12 months, I'm very fat, slow and unfit

Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    Haha, yeah you are! I want to hope that was HIIT to have the slow a pace over that short a distance?

I mean I'm incredibly unfit and that's a slow pace for a 7km run and I'm hauling 110kg around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes View Post
    This (trippers post). I ran 3km at 5:30/km after being long time out of the running game and was super fucked. 6km/min is probably reasonable if you're not a regular runner.

Been listening to Joe Rogan Podcast a fair bit and theyve been doing an October fitness challenge, Joe was off chops doing 6 hour workouts but Bert Kreischer and Tom Segura both ran marathon distances as fat fucks. Amazed as to how they can just do that, especially Bert since he's a raging alcoholic and just a real fat piece of shit generally.
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Talk to me when you can deadlift 220kg boyo
    Not these days I'm sure but used to do that comfortably when I was training. Used to do my reps at 200kg and back then I was actually fit so could do 4:30 pace for 10km and feel "fine" (ah to be 25 again!)

Now I'd struggle to do 150 on deadlift, admittedly haven't lifted in a year now and haven't done dead in about 5 because of injuries so I actually have no idea where I'm at... last time I ran I did a 5:45 pace for my 10km but felt like I might die afterwards (this was only like 4 months ago at least!)

On a positive, will be back in the gym in a few days and going hard so I'll let you know where I get to!

Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    This. I ran 3km at 5:30/km after being long time out of the running game and was super fucked. 6km/min is probably reasonable if you're not a regular runner.

5:30 is about where I'm at for that distance as a fat clint who is really unfit and I've never been a good runner (the whole being about 20-30kg heavier than the other midfielders never helped with that...). It doesn't take long to crack the 5min km mark though, probably about 5 weeks and you get to that level of fitness, as a non-runner it takes a fair bit more to go a lot better than that though.

For comparison my mate, who is a good runner, does a 3km at 3:50 pace and his 9km at 4:15 pace.

Also running longer distances is basically about hydration and willpower, if you don't need to do it in a certain speed you just keep chugging along and you get there eventually, if they did it at a good pace though, credit to them, as a fat piece of shit I know how hard it is!

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    Sucks to hear.

When I went to Melbourne for a few days last week I was staying in South Yarra and went to the F45 there. It was absolutely brilliant. Trainers were great, music cranked and just a really good vibe. Atmosphere plays a massive part. Also getting partnered with someone who is close to your fitness level or fitter is also motivating.
    I'd imagine the inner east would be peak for F45
    #NBCSiberia

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    159.9kg total weight dip

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    You're being a massive Clint

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Unit!

Dips are one of the ultimate skinny legs exercises Chin-ups, pull-ups and the like being the others. Dips fucking wreck me.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    the negatives of being a bloatlord and gaining strength/cultivating mass is that a fair few of my clothes don't fit me any more. And as I explained earlier in this thread my rippling physique has already claimed a (favourite) shirt and a pair of shorts as it's victim

admittedly I'm still 94.5kg (goal weight of 85kg at the moment) so while I'm losing weight there will be some intramuscular fat that will disappear also and that might loosen things up a bit. I don't know what I'll do if at 85kg I'm still struggling to fit into stuff. Would consider going full cardio bunny mode as I don't think I can be fucked replacing all my suits/trousers/shirts.

Primary areas of tightness are quads, glutes and lats (and obviously my gut but I know that will shrink). My lats exploded in size when I started doing heavy sumo deadlifts.

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Doing a mini shred at the moment to lean out over the summer, and have noticed a considerable reduction around my waist. My weight hasn't dropped a heap (from about 83.5-81.5kg), but it's probably the leanest I've been when I've started a cut. But similar to SDH, my suits no longer fit properly around my waist and I've moved to the last hole on my belt.

Hoping to get under 80kg before I go away in about 5 weeks which I think I should be able to do. It honestly feels great being leaner (even if by just 2kg), I hate being heavy so much (although rip any solid gains).
    #NBCSiberia

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    I’ve dropped a little bit of fat from Increased training load and reintroduction to pre preseason running.

Abs starting to appear again but it’s so disheartening being so pale you can’t see the definition unless under lighting

Need that James hird tan

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    I’ve dropped a little bit of fat from Increased training load and reintroduction to pre preseason running.

Abs starting to appear again but it’s so disheartening being so pale you can’t see the definition unless under lighting

Need that James hird tan
    Yeah this so much, need some based lighting to get my shoulders definition.
    #NBCSiberia

Veteran
    Rep Level
    the negatives of being a bloatlord and gaining strength/cultivating mass is that a fair few of my clothes don't fit me any more. And as I explained earlier in this thread my rippling physique has already claimed a (favourite) shirt and a pair of shorts as it's victim

admittedly I'm still 94.5kg (goal weight of 85kg at the moment) so while I'm losing weight there will be some intramuscular fat that will disappear also and that might loosen things up a bit. I don't know what I'll do if at 85kg I'm still struggling to fit into stuff. Would consider going full cardio bunny mode as I don't think I can be fucked replacing all my suits/trousers/shirts.

Primary areas of tightness are quads, glutes and lats (and obviously my gut but I know that will shrink). My lats exploded in size when I started doing heavy sumo deadlifts.
    You can get the suits and trousers fixed by a decent tailor normally assuming you're still able to squeeze in they should be able to slacken it off a bit.

Need that James hird tan
    Peptides I assume? Genuinely though, you can shortcut the tan with peptides which made me lol at this comment whether it was peptide linked or not.

Also I'm back in the gym, had the first session back yesterday and have been smashing out the runs since Monday. Managed to do the 6km at a 5:01 pace yesterday which was brutal after a gym session in the morning that included a HIIT bike session to end it but I got through it and I'm still alive, so unfit though, hopefully over the next six weeks should get that up to 10km and be able to get the pace down towards 4:45 at least, hopefully more like 4:30 and should be in that 4:00 range if I do a 5km but I'm old now so maybe measuring against 25 year old me is a pipe dream!

Did a push session yesterday but really just easing in as I work out where my strength is at, decided to do 3x10 set work as I'm very much on a cut and maintain mass goal. Doesn't help that the gym I have access to for the next week is very limited so just doing what I can.

Weighing in at 107kg and going to target 90kg for now. Will be doing two a days for the next 6 weeks and see where I'm at after that with gym in the morning (midday is my morning) and then a cardio session at night. Will be getting some body analysis done in a week or so and see just how much of a fat clint I am, I'm guessing the bodyfat is going to be in the 20%+ range for sure which is embarrassing!

Rep Level

The Definitive Fitness/Aesthetics Thread

What’s your height wogitalia? Solid speed a guy your size.

I’ve put on a couple kilos of muscle since last pre season where I was a 4min/km (hit a 7min in the 2k time trial and a 3.15 in the 1k time trial) but struggling to push out 4min/km with the extra 2-3kg this year.

P.s yes I was referring to peptides hird

Veteran
    Rep Level

Need that James hird tan
    What’s your height wogitalia? Solid speed a guy your size.

I’ve put on a couple kilos of muscle since last pre season where I was a 4min/km (hit a 7min in the 2k time trial and a 3.15 in the 1k time trial) but struggling to push out 4min/km with the extra 2-3kg this year.

P.s yes I was referring to peptides hird
    5'11 is the height. The speeds I did at 25 I was 115kg at the time (very different type of weight...)

Will keep pushing and see where I get to basically, haven't trained in over a year, haven't trained seriously in 3 and even then that was the after work 4 days a week training and then write it all off on the weekend so haven't really trained seriously in closer to a decade which is crazy.

Now let's test the "age is just a number" theory.

Rep Level
    5”11 and 115kgs

Veteran
    Rep Level
    5”11 and 115kgs
    It's mostly in the legs, I still have somewhere around 25 inch thighs (and calves to match), would have been bigger back then as well...

Hence my jealousy at the skinny leg guys who find dips and pull ups and stuff easy

This is the first time I'm really ever trying to lose a ton of weight so will be interesting to see how low I can get with dedicated training and diet. Always just trained for function in the past with my only worry being speed and power which the 110-115 was a nice balance for.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Hey melaniej what were those 1000 step alternatives you were talking about. Too much rustleage there at this time of year

Super Moderator
    Rep Level
    Hey melaniej what were those 1000 step alternatives you were talking about. Too much rustleage there at this time of year
    I do this one a bit. It's a bit different, takes maybe an hour but solid uphill climb: https://www.trailhiking.com.au/glasgow-track/
    Proper shoes are handy.

There's a few other ones, even if you go up the fire trail at the 1000 steps rather than the actual steps, that trail goes right from the bottom of the carpark, but parking is probably the most rustling thing there. I'll try and remember the other ones I've done but that Glasgow Rd one is the one I do most often. Hit me up if you plan on trying it

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    pull ups aren't a skinny leg person exercise, they're a lighter person exercise
    #NBCSiberia

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post
    pull ups aren't a skinny leg person exercise, they're a lighter person exercise
    And the legs are the exact region of the body where you want to not being carrying that weight for them. You don't need or use the legs at all in pull-ups, so someone with 20kg of legs is going to find pull ups a lot easier than someone with 50kg of legs.

And yes, they're a lighter persons exercise in general (like most bodyweight exercises) but the legs are by far the best area to not be carrying any excess weight for it.

Rep Level
    That glorious feeling when you can feel something is about to go wrong and then "pop pop" there goes your back.

happened on a warm up set as well.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgang View Post
    That glorious feeling when you can feel something is about to go wrong and then "pop pop" there goes your back.

happened on a warm up set as well.
    How badly is it fucked?

Rep Level
    How badly is it fucked?
    Pretty sure it's just a spasm. Hopefully just needs a few days of rest.