Close

Page 839 of 839 FirstFirst ... 339739789829837838839
Results 20,951 to 20,965 of 20965
    One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    It’s finally clicked that those “self made property mogul” articles about trust fund babies are a long running troll by the media.

Kudos where it’s due. Well played, these articles have been effectively rustling Jimmie’s for decades now.
    Its just propaganda to maintain the war of words between Millenials and Boomers.

Many years ago I remember going to a property seminar because of groups pitching how easy it was to become one of these "moguls" and because they offered free food and an iPad/tablet just to listen to their 45 min sales pitch.

I had no intention of buying through them just thought I might get some Intel and verify their claims using my Corelogic subscription at the time to research.

Unfortunately the tablet was some shitty Chinese crap with a dead spot so never been used and the suburbs they were recommending were obscure regional fictitious sounding places like Eaglehawk and Jackass Flats (near Bendigo).

The figures they were using to justify the 20%+ price rises were off a handful of sales, which just recovered to what the median sales were 6-9 months prior.

I never actually checked to see how it would've hypothetically performed. But places were going for about 350 - 400k back then.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    It’s finally clicked that those “self made property mogul” articles about trust fund babies are a long running troll by the media.

Kudos where it’s due. Well played, these articles have been effectively rustling Jimmie’s for decades now.
    You mean you don’t have a 100+ investment property portfolio? Stay failing yenners

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    I’m stuck on 98 properties, it’s so tough trying to make it,
    but I am grateful to my parents for buying me the first 97 properties and to my dad for the Senior Vice President role at his hedge fund despite me only having a degree in interpretive dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    Its just propaganda to maintain the war of words between Millenials and Boomers.

Many years ago I remember going to a property seminar because of groups pitching how easy it was to become one of these "moguls" and because they offered free food and an iPad/tablet just to listen to their 45 min sales pitch.

I had no intention of buying through them just thought I might get some Intel and verify their claims using my Corelogic subscription at the time to research.

Unfortunately the tablet was some shitty Chinese crap with a dead spot so never been used and the suburbs they were recommending were obscure regional fictitious sounding places like Eaglehawk and Jackass Flats (near Bendigo).

The figures they were using to justify the 20%+ price rises were off a handful of sales, which just recovered to what the median sales were 6-9 months prior.

I never actually checked to see how it would've hypothetically performed. But places were going for about 350 - 400k back then.
    My parents made me go with them to a Blackburn group presentation years ago to provide them with feedback.

It was around using bare trust with corporate trustee to buy mortgaged property inside a SMSF.

I basically said the returns were just meh and didn’t really justify the risk or complexity inside a superfund. Furthermore they were (obviously) flogging Blackburn properties, ie they were making all of their money from selling new builds and then taking on the management fees etc.

Long story short, they did it anyway. The build quality was terrible and 5 years in the slab was cracked and went through an insurance claim. I think they had it all remediated on insurance but overall it was about as shit as I expected and they probably underperformed sitting in an industry superfund.
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    In the end I was wrong

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Anyone else's council bringing in the food scrap bins to your area? Meant to start in mine in a couple of weeks, feel like that bin is going to be the nastiest smelling thing going around, especially in summer time if I've got some raw chicken baking away in it for a week. If i'm lucky, the memory doesn't remain at the bottom after 'collection'...

Fuck the environment, give me bin liner.

Rep Level
    Western Bulldogs Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Anyone else's council bringing in the food scrap bins to your area? Meant to start in mine in a couple of weeks, feel like that bin is going to be the nastiest smelling thing going around, especially in summer time if I've got some raw chicken baking away in it for a week. If i'm lucky, the memory doesn't remain at the bottom after 'collection'...

Fuck the environment, give me bin liner.
    Yeah, got the food scrap bins starting in July. They do come with liners though.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Yeah, got the food scrap bins starting in July. They do come with liners though.
    Mine didn't

I take it that it's just to keep the little one clean and you can't put that liner in the actual bin it goes into?

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Rep Level
    Chicago Bulls Western Bulldogs
    I have absolutely no idea what this is and it makes it so much more disgusting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im the hero football needs and deserves you will find

Rep Level
    WCE
    It's actually my idea and I am glad that my lobbying of councils has been successful.

Listen here, you lot... When I'm going through your bins, looking for good shit, I don't wanna have to put up with your expired raw chicken and veggie peels.

Thank you.

Fear whom reflects within.

Rep Level
    Western Bulldogs Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Mine didn't

I take it that it's just to keep the little one clean and you can't put that liner in the actual bin it goes into?

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
    No, the liner is biodegradable and goes right into the bin.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Jelly, my council doesn't allow it - whoever they're selling this to mustn't want to go through the bags.

YOU BETTER WATCH OUT Red Neville's Avatar
    Rep Level
    Manchester United Greater Western Sydney Sporting Gijon
    We've had composting bin collection for more than ten years. You can buy compostable liners for them. Of course even in an Irish summer they don't become a biohazard, though we always have to steam the maggots out of it after collection.
    Souvent pour s'amuser les hommes d'equipage
    And it's like talking to a stranger

Teams
    Rep Level
    I thought we were done for.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace