Close

Page 823 of 823 FirstFirst ... 323723773813821822823
Results 20,551 to 20,570 of 20570
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes View Post
    Reckon it would be their standard response tbh. Those builder cunts would be so used to saying itís not their problem, that it would be second nature. And most people would give up there. Then get forgotten about after theyíve moved on from that build

Reckon you would be hard pushed to get them to to something about 1 thing like that. But as said previously you should make a list of all the fuckups and get a lawyer to send them a letter. May change their response
    His fuckup would be the drawings were not checked in this case

Can go with the

ďYou didnít check your drawingsĒ
    ďNeither did youĒ

Route. Drawings only signed off by 1 person, mine has 2. Almost any other would Iíd say so you can use that

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Reckon it would be their standard response tbh. Those builder cunts would be so used to saying it’s not their problem, that it would be second nature. And most people would give up there. Then get forgotten about after they’ve moved on from that build

Reckon you would be hard pushed to get them to to something about 1 thing like that. But as said previously you should make a list of all the fuckups and get a lawyer to send them a letter. May change their response
    Yeah this, just need to push really hard. Ultimately these houses are riddled with fuck ups and most people cop it but if you call out enough you can probably negotiate an outcome.
    #NBCSiberia

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post
    Yeah this, just need to push really hard. Ultimately these houses are riddled with fuck ups and most people cop it but if you call out enough you can probably negotiate an outcome.
    I could always upload the picture of the massive hole in my slab before we cut our ties as a threat

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    You could take that approach sometimes - say youlll tell as many people as possible not to use them. But atm If they are overbooked with jobs anyway it wonít matter

And in all likelihood you probably donít know 20+ people about to immediately build houses that it would have a big enough effect. Also could land you in trouble depending how itís done

Rep Level
    The mentality behind it confuses me. If I make a mistake, Iím kind of obsessed with fixing it in a way. Like I canít handle seeing something wrong and not resolving it If Iím close to the cause. Like itís genuinely my biggest fear and hate. I canít stand not fixing my fuckups if I make them. Granddad, my dad and father in law were exactly the same and I kind of got it from them. Just eats away at me mentally

Itís kind of weird for me to wrap my head around someone who would see that, say itís ok and be happy with themselves for the most part

I simply donít get it

Rep Level
    You could take that approach sometimes - say youlll tell as many people as possible not to use them. But atm If they are overbooked with jobs anyway it wonít matter

And in all likelihood you probably donít know 20+ people about to immediately build houses that it would have a big enough effect. Also could land you in trouble depending how itís done
    Nah wouldnít do that ever. Wouldnít even post that photo here, never mind on Google.

Itís fudking hilarious too (I stamped the home group sign into the hole)
    Last edited by Embers; 23rd October 2020 at 10:52 PM.

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    If you're getting one of those larger companies to build your house then they won't give a shit about quality. To them it's all about cutting corners to improve the bottom line. The second story of my parents house (metricon) was held up by the most random fucking wall, but it was cheaper and easier than doing it properly.

But these companies are as bad as each other, so you can't exactly lose customers because who will you lose them to?
    #NBCSiberia

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post
    If you're getting one of those larger companies to build your house then they won't give a shit about quality. To them it's all about cutting corners to improve the bottom line. The second story of my parents house (metricon) was held up by the most random fucking wall, but it was cheaper and easier than doing it properly.

But these companies are as bad as each other, so you can't exactly lose customers because who will you lose them to?
    Poorer quality is okay, impractical and barely liveable probably isnít though

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    All I can think is a) how small is the bathroom or b) how huge is the sink/vanity that a door is able to hit it? I mean the place I'm in now how oversized doors and a minimalist small bathroom and you'd have a solid half a metre at a minimum of clearance.

I mean if a door can't open fully through the sink is he crab walking past it because it seems like you'd have like 90cm of clearance at an absolute max for that to be happening.

Was it on the plans? Ultimately you've got absolutely no recourse if they followed the plans you paid them to follow, all you can hope for is pity at that point.

If it's not on the plans then go to them and make it clear they fucked up and that you will go to the ombudsman to get it rectified. They'll probably flog you off anyway knowing that ultimately you'll end up fixing the problem with a $1 button from Bunnings...

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Thatís a odd analogy as I guarantee you if I go to McDonalds and ask for tomato on my Big Mac I get it

In the end there items have guarantees, if one of the items is smashing into the other item, then you fix it so nothing breakers right?
    Well like a building company, McDonalds confirm with you what you are getting before they proceed to make it, to avoid situations where the customer get something they don't want and the company has to spend money rectifying the issue.

If the builder followed the plans that your brother approved then there is no chance they fix it. Should they have pointed it out? Absolutely, but you get what you pay for. Would a mcdonalds employee tell you that tomato on a big mac would taste like shit? Probably not, they're just trying to get paid with as little pain in their ass as possible.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    Well like a building company, McDonalds confirm with you what you are getting before they proceed to make it, to avoid situations where the customer get something they don't want and the company has to spend money rectifying the issue.

If the builder followed the plans that your brother approved then there is no chance they fix it. Should they have pointed it out? Absolutely, but you get what you pay for. Would a mcdonalds employee tell you that tomato on a big mac would taste like shit? Probably not, they're just trying to get paid with as little pain in their ass as possible.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    This is more of a buying a Big Mac, taking a bite , it has tomato, you saying what the hell, why is there tomato here, then McDonalds saying oh yeah we added that, itís written in small writing on the menu.

A builder follows the plans. The builder also draws the plans though. If they are unwilling to meet basic expectations of house design then that needs to be explained. The idea the person needs to pick out design flaws ahead of the drawer themselves isnít really logical to me. I donít go to the doctor stare at my X-ray, he says you are fine then I pick it up and say ďthat smudge means my leg is broken, prepare the surgeonĒ. Sometimes the expert needs to be the expert

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    All I can think is a) how small is the bathroom or b) how huge is the sink/vanity that a door is able to hit it? I mean the place I'm in now how oversized doors and a minimalist small bathroom and you'd have a solid half a metre at a minimum of clearance.

I mean if a door can't open fully through the sink is he crab walking past it because it seems like you'd have like 90cm of clearance at an absolute max for that to be happening.

Was it on the plans? Ultimately you've got absolutely no recourse if they followed the plans you paid them to follow, all you can hope for is pity at that point.

If it's not on the plans then go to them and make it clear they fucked up and that you will go to the ombudsman to get it rectified. They'll probably flog you off anyway knowing that ultimately you'll end up fixing the problem with a $1 button from Bunnings...
    He has one of those Douchebag bowl basins, The door has one of those stretchy chain things so the door just has like a really big swing on it . Would be removing that ourselves anyway. It is also small so a combination of all 3 means if you push it open it hits the basin

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Does anyone remember the name of the Facebook page that used to do random animal v animal battles?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rep Level
    If its Facebook and has any blood, its been taken down mate

Algorithim just picks it out now and removes it

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Apparently the algorithm picks up Clint now and bans frequent offenders... So my account will be shutdown any day now.

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    If its Facebook and has any blood, its been taken down mate

Algorithim just picks it out now and removes it
    Haha nah not actual fighting.

Was retarded questions like what would win, 25 chickens vs 1 cat kind of stuff but was pretty entertaining. We have these stupid question of the day things at work so I want to pinch one of those

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Haha nah not actual fighting.

Was retarded questions like what would win, 25 chickens vs 1 cat kind of stuff but was pretty entertaining. We have these stupid question of the day things at work so I want to pinch one of those

What would you rather be? Ash Bartys boyfriend or Triptanes?

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    What would you rather be? Ash Bartys boyfriend or Triptanes?
    Sl00ts be gagging* for me now m8: https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...5ec684193f38bd

*objects not large enough to cause this effect

Rep Level
    People who live near us got arrested very early this morning it seems. Didnt hear it but had police knock to ask me questions just then

They have 2 foster kids from a druggie mom who has 11 children. Mother tried to actually give them drugs one time when they were 8 years old. Anyway druggie mother accused them of molesting the 2 foster kids which is the fucking stupidest thing ive ever heard in my life. I pretty much just told the cops then if you are taking the word of a drug addict who tried to drug the children ahead of those 2 people, you are idiots beyond help and slammed the door

Fair dinkum waste of oxygen the people investigating this are. Very angry about it

Rep Level
    Sl00ts be gagging* for me now m8: https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...5ec684193f38bd

*objects not large enough to cause this effect
    Trippy gonna speed date with 1 man and 20 women isnt he