Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by melaniej View Post
    Just picked up my Subaru Outback
    Subaru Stan checking in

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Rep Level
    My '01 Liberty is the only car I've ever missed. That little red rocket was amazing.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jihad View Post
    My '01 Liberty is the only car I've ever missed. That little red rocket was amazing.
    My first car was a 97 liberty wagon
    Fucking loved it

#broughtback

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    My first car was an 86 Merc 300D. I remember having to top it up with water every morning so it wouldn't overheat from its constant leaking, the handbrake didn't work, having to rub the windscreen as I drove in the morning to see through it and then manually pushing the indicator up and down to make it flash as I made my turns.

And i loved that it had a fire extinguisher under the driver seat, ready for any moment thst it might catch alight.

The memories... the technology in the car was pretty impressive though, electric sunroof, windows and chair for something of that time

I felt pretty dodgy selling that to some sorry sucker, was probably lucky he came to inspect at night so he couldn't see how bad it looked under the bonnet.

Rep Level
    Subaru Impreza was my first car. Good lil car. My missus had her car stolen about a month ago. Her own fault really. She left her keys on a table while her and her friend ordered some coffees and some dudes just saw the opportunity, took the keys and drove off

Still umming and ahhing about what to buy but not really in any rush

Rep Level
    My parents are both team Subaru. Dad has a liberty and mum currently drives a WRX

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Adelaide United, Everton
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Everton NULL
    VN Commodore first car, got it to 385,000km before I sold it. I could write a mini-series on the shit that was wrong with it. Used to go over a bump in the road and the keys would completely fall out of the ignition.
    We demand an investigation into the replacement of referee Rafshan Irmatov and his departure at a difficult time in such an important match. We ask for an examination of the grassland that was not suitable for the Syrian team, while Australian players seem to be wearing shoes that cling to the long grass, so we saw Syrian players fall during the game, while Australia's players are steady.

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    EF Fairmont first car crew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    I just smash the keyboard and hope.

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Quote Originally Posted by Fools Gold View Post
    VN Commodore first car, got it to 385,000km before I sold it. I could write a mini-series on the shit that was wrong with it. Used to go over a bump in the road and the keys would completely fall out of the ignition.
    I feel ya, I had the same. Mine was the family hand me down car.

Except I have no idea how far it travelled because the odometer stopped around 180,000 before I started driving it. So did the fuel gauge, many a time I was caught short of a petrol station.

On hot summer days the car used to stall when you came to a complete stop. Used to overheat like crazy the car fucking consumed more water than a market garden.

Aesthetically the car looked like shit with the paint coming off and the hood lining sagging down.

In fact one of my most memorable trips I was driving home from a mates place around 3am after a fairly big night, I'm literally 20 seconds from home when a cop car pulls me over. I'm bricking it because I had a few and may well have been over and the cop is interrogating me about my whereabouts because they had a report this type of car had been used in some break ins.

Lucky he didn't stop me one of the few times where I had been using a screwdriver to start the car because some cunts broke into it and fucked with the ignition and broke the key barrel trying to start it.

Also lucky with dat der white privilege, no breathalyser so I got home that night

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    96 VS Commodore Ute was my first car, was pretty reliable actually
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    there’s a couple of clusters of illness in Mt Baker and Gawler where they’ve been tested but their results aren’t back yet. These individuals have all recently returned from various hot spots overseas and are almost guaranteed to returned positive results. Could be a spike in SA numbers in the next few days.

Teams
    Plymouth
    Rep Level
    Western Bulldogs Leicester
    94' Pulsar was my first car. Bloody loved that car, they don't make small cars with that level of boot space anymore

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Also had the VN Commodore only mine was actually really reliable and good. The Aircon did die and need re-gassing a couple of years in and as a povo student at the time that kind of never happened but otherwise it was fine.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    WCE
    Just picked up my Subaru Outback
    Enough room to fit all of your pets and sex toys.

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Adelaide United, Everton
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Everton NULL
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    I feel ya, I had the same. Mine was the family hand me down car.

Except I have no idea how far it travelled because the odometer stopped around 180,000 before I started driving it. So did the fuel gauge, many a time I was caught short of a petrol station.

On hot summer days the car used to stall when you came to a complete stop. Used to overheat like crazy the car fucking consumed more water than a market garden.

Aesthetically the car looked like shit with the paint coming off and the hood lining sagging down.

In fact one of my most memorable trips I was driving home from a mates place around 3am after a fairly big night, I'm literally 20 seconds from home when a cop car pulls me over. I'm bricking it because I had a few and may well have been over and the cop is interrogating me about my whereabouts because they had a report this type of car had been used in some break ins.

Lucky he didn't stop me one of the few times where I had been using a screwdriver to start the car because some cunts broke into it and fucked with the ignition and broke the key barrel trying to start it.

Also lucky with dat der white privilege, no breathalyser so I got home that night
    Yeah I had that classic VN - VS Commodore roof sag and peeling paint as well

I remember my old man one night just rocked up with some spray paint and decided to spray the roof, was a fucking joke haha, the car was like a silver and the roof was almost a gunmetal grey/green once it dried. Just a short list of complete failures of the car.

- There was a hole in the power steering rack about the size of a 50c piece, to the point that when I sold it, I was going through about 1 entire bottle of power steering fluid a week.
    - Electrics were absolutely fucked in the car. If you pressed the button for windscreen wiper fluid, all the internal dashlights would blow
    - Brake lights were rekt too, only two worked was something like the top back left and bottom back right, but when you hit the brakes they would swap so it'd be the bottom back left and top back right would light up
    - Was an issue with the coil pack (which I actually replaced thanks to an ebay special), where the car could literally conk out mid driving and you'd have to pull over, give the pack wiring a little wiggle and a swift blow with a wrench.
    - Similar issue to you Gamblor with the fuel gauge, it'd go from like half full to empty. There was pretty much 3 levels, full, middle and none. U had to rely on the secondary odometer to have a rough guess as how much was left.
    - The clip that connected the muffler was so worn out that if you hit a bump in the road enough the muffler would completely come loose and you could feel it smack up and down on the chassis.

So much more as well, fk knows how it lasted that long. The best part was that it was time to sell as I had saved enough for a 96 Camry (which I am still a little bit devo about giving away, was incredibly reliable and in immaculate condition). Anyway, I was ready to take like $400-500 for this piece of shit. I printed off some for sale signs and had it listed as $950 ono. Drove it around and had no bites for 2 weeks, nek minute one night I get a knock on the door. Some young kid (pretty rough looking) like 16-17yo was like hey man I wanna buy your car. I was like oh yeah, sounds good, whats the offer and he goes "the sign says $950, so i guess $950". Legit couldn't believe it and then I was thinking, fk me this young kid is gonna buy this fucked car and I'm gonna get some feral parents knock on my door in a week so I gave him the full run down on the problems and he's like yeah that's all good. Took the money and ran.

Saw the car a week or 2 later in Elizabeth with like 21 skinheads in the back of the car , never saw it again. I'm 99% sure it would have been used in a ram raid or something
    We demand an investigation into the replacement of referee Rafshan Irmatov and his departure at a difficult time in such an important match. We ask for an examination of the grassland that was not suitable for the Syrian team, while Australian players seem to be wearing shoes that cling to the long grass, so we saw Syrian players fall during the game, while Australia's players are steady.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Come to think of it mine had the fuel gauge thing as well, basically would sit at 3/4 of a tank for 99% of the tank and then you better damn well find a station pronto.

Good times but never ran out. Of course back then I also had my "wont pay more than $1/L for petrol" rule so anytime I saw it below a dollar I'd top up... doesn't seem that long ago but obviously not possible anymore!

Super Moderator
    Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Arsenal
    Enough room to fit all of your pets and sex toys.
    I don't have any of either sorry.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    WCE
    I don't have any of either sorry.

Rep Level
    I've broken down twice in my lifetime. Both times in the exact same spot. In the drive thru of Hungry Jacks at Glengarry

Teams
    Collingwood
    Rep Level
    A $300 VC Commodore was my first car, only lasted about a month then I moved on to a more reliable Datsun Sunny
    I only liked your post as a friend

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Datto
    I just smash the keyboard and hope.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    I've broken down twice in my lifetime. Both times in the exact same spot. In the drive thru of Hungry Jacks at Glengarry
    I imagine you're the fucker trying to sneak in from that back part of the drive thru then?

But nah serious that's where the hospital is, everything all good?

#broughtback

Teams
    New Orleans Saints, Geelong, Liverpool, OKC
    Rep Level
    New Orleans Saints Geelong Cats Liverpool
    1974 Toyota Corolla

Rep Level
    Nah that was ages ago

Saw my noisy fuckwit neighbours packing up today, Saw a old guy talking to them and was like what was that about

"Just telling him how happy I am to see him leaving"

Rep Level
    Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    1974 Toyota Corolla
    ok boomer
    TTP