Close

Page 717 of 723 FirstFirst ... 217617667707715716717718719 ... LastLast
Results 17,901 to 17,925 of 18051
    Elite
    Rep Level
    My Footy club is in dire straits.... got no money... not in debt but have no money to pay players

Last year I supplied 6 footys the coaching staff singlets and t shirts 150 beanies and 50 long sleeve t shirts for the club to sell

Teams
    West Coast
    Rep Level
    WCE NULL NULL
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter_pimp View Post
    My Footy club is in dire straits.... got no money... not in debt but have no money to pay players

Last year I supplied 6 footys the coaching staff singlets and t shirts 150 beanies and 50 long sleeve t shirts for the club to sell
    In the same predicament. We are constantly trying to raise money by raffles or volunteer work. What I despise, is blokes who just want to rock up and play footy. It doesn't work that way. If there is no club, there if no footy. Individual pricks who think they are so great. It's not hard to donate an hour of your weekend to help the club out. We are raising good coin by helping out a hotel and it's car park. They have a lot of land and it's car park is gigantic. So people park their cars there to go to beach etc. They never go to the the pub or hotel. In summer , we man the gate and driveway and charge people $5 to park their car all day. The club gets a cut and the hotel gets the other half. We made over $2000 on the Australia day weekend. Not much work involved and we can try and recruit at the same time too.
    Last edited by DALBS; 5th February 2019 at 04:08 PM.
    "We actually got the winning goal three minutes from the end but then they scored."

Elite
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DALBS View Post
    In the same predicament. We are constantly trying to raise money by raffles or volunteer work. What I despise, is blokes who just want to rock up and play footy. It doesn't work that way. If there is no club, there if no footy. Individual pricks who think they are so great. It's not hard to donate an hour of your weekend to help the club out. We are raising good coin by helping out a hotel and it's car park. They have a lot of land and it's car park is gigantic. So people park their cars there to go to beach etc. They never got the the pub or hotel. In summer , we man the gate and driveway and charge people $5 to park their car all day. The club gets a cut and the hotel gets the other half. We made over $2000 on the Australia day weekend. Not much work involved and we can try and recruit at the same time too.
    Next year I told the president that I would sponsor the pre season singlets with my company logo on it

Comes with a few conditions though

The money is not to be used to pay players... I want the money to be spent on something that will turn my 3-4 grand into 6 or 7.... could be the grog for the bar or food or merchandise

Secondly... my club is named northern saints FC.... which is the result of a merger of fawkner park and north coburg.... I hate the name northern saints.... because it doesn’t have the suburb in the name nobody knows where we are.... fuckin stupid...
    Club needs to be called Fawkner saints

Thirdly.... the pre season singlets this year were a fucking disgrace.... iron on crap...
    If they want the money the singlets must be better than the crap we’ve had

Teams
    Philadelphia Eagles, Brisbane Lions, Sixers, Hoyas, United, Roma
    Rep Level
    Philadelphia Eagles Man Utd Roma
    How do you deal with a car accident not through insurance?

Barely bumped this guy the other day (he started going, and then stopped, I started going and looked up the hill to see oncoming traffic and didnt notice him stop)

There is very minor damage to his bumper.

Do we just get quotes from a mechanic?
    TTP

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Yep get him to get a few quotes then just pay him cash. Dunno how you make sure he doesn't actually submit a claim after you pay him anyway, don't think there's anything you can do about that.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Teams
    Rep Level
    Hes like a middle ages african dude. Didnt seem like a cunt

He offered for us both to go get the quote. Worth putting the effort in so he doesnt get someone to fuck me over?
    TTP

Rep Level
    I blame the AFLW.
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    I'd want some form of paper trail just in case he turns around and claims on insurance. Either I'd transfer the money to his bank account or get him to sign a letter to say you provided him $x in cash for the purpose of repairing his car.

Cars can be ridiculously expensive for the slightest shit.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Yeh maybe get him to sign some kind of waiver. It might not stand up as a legal doc but it's a good start.

#broughtback

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Adelaide United, Everton
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Everton NULL
    Next year I told the president that I would sponsor the pre season singlets with my company logo on it

Comes with a few conditions though

The money is not to be used to pay players... I want the money to be spent on something that will turn my 3-4 grand into 6 or 7.... could be the grog for the bar or food or merchandise

Secondly... my club is named northern saints FC.... which is the result of a merger of fawkner park and north coburg.... I hate the name northern saints.... because it doesn’t have the suburb in the name nobody knows where we are.... fuckin stupid...
    Club needs to be called Fawkner saints

Thirdly.... the pre season singlets this year were a fucking disgrace.... iron on crap...
    If they want the money the singlets must be better than the crap we’ve had
    Finding a good apparel supplier can take a long amount of time unfortunately. Not sure how good they would be interstate, but we use JS Sports at my club, they're fantastic to deal with and their ordering system is bang on.

We demand an investigation into the replacement of referee Rafshan Irmatov and his departure at a difficult time in such an important match. We ask for an examination of the grassland that was not suitable for the Syrian team, while Australian players seem to be wearing shoes that cling to the long grass, so we saw Syrian players fall during the game, while Australia's players are steady.

Teams
    Rep Level
    He wants insurance and me to pay excess now
    TTP

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by sblack View Post
    Explain that his excess is 1200 bucks and a hitman to kick his skull in is 800. You do the math
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

Elite
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fools Gold View Post
    Finding a good apparel supplier can take a long amount of time unfortunately. Not sure how good they would be interstate, but we use JS Sports at my club, they're fantastic to deal with and their ordering system is bang on.
    The guy we use is the junior president and he’s a club sponsor.... the stuff he does is fucking shithouse but they feel obliged to use him

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    It's probably better that way.

Couple of years back my car got hit from behind at a set of lights maybe at ~10km/hour after I crept forward, the person ahead of me moved forward but was waiting to turn right, car behind me just put the foot down.

Didn't look like much but about $1.5k of damage just for basically pushing the boot up a bit.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    If he's going to go down insurance path why would sblack pay his premium though?

It's either settle outside of insurance or go your own way

#broughtback

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    What's your excess at?

Normally it's going to be less than even a cash job at a smash repair these days.

Basically modern cars are not made to have things banged out of them so you have to replace the entire panels which rapidly gets expensive. Unless you're a terrible driver who has to set their excess stupid high so the premium is affordable then your excess will be less than the repairs.

Very minor damage to a bumper can actually even be a write-off if you've done any damage to the undercarriage of the car for example.

Honestly, you're just better off going through insurance, you literally call your insurance company give them the police report number and pay the excess and you're done. No fucking around with finding the cheapest quote, no risk of any further action and all above board. Yeah, your no claim bonus gonna get whacked but that's still not that much in the long run, you'll get it back.

Cash jobs just aren't what they used to be for smash repair companies because they're one of the most vigorously targeted industries by the ATO so they have to try and keep it above board for the most part and because, again, they can't just hammer shit out they'll have a parts audit trail that they need to be able to explain so most of them would much rather gouge the shit out of the insurance company than take a high risk cashy.

Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Denver Nuggets Denver Broncos
    If he wants to go insurance he has to run with it, not you pay his excess. Assuming you have insurance his insurer will look to subrogate off yours and you will just have to pay your own insurance excess.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Pretty sure I have no insurance on my car

Im pretty sure I completely forgot to renew it last year

What the fuck happens then
    TTP

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Pretty sure I have no insurance on my car

Im pretty sure I completely forgot to renew it last year

What the fuck happens then
    You pay either way then.

But again it makes no sense for you to pay his excess cos if you do the insurance company just come for you to pay the repair.

#broughtback

Teams
    Rep Level
    So hes just told me his excess is $950

We didnt have a police report or anything because it was minor and he needed to complete his Ola trip

So how do I go about this then? He pays his excess and I pay repair? Ive legit never been in an accident before
    TTP

Teams
    New Orleans Saints, Geelong, Liverpool, OKC
    Rep Level
    New Orleans Saints Geelong Cats Liverpool
    Just pay the excess.

Alternative is to get a quote for replacement of bumper for the model car and compare. Might just be easier to pay the excess. I'd do the letter thing and direct transfer (as noted above) for a 'paper trail'.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    You should get a police report, he should have called the police to be fair so that's on him and if you did want to weasel that's the only way you could, just change your story to him reversing into you or something...

He wont pay an excess unless he is at fault. He will call his insurance company, they will contact yours, if you don't have one, they will contact you, and you will pay insurance rape rates on the repairs.

If you're genuinely moronic enough to be driving around without insurance then you should be begging this guy to not involve insurance as you're going to get, rightfully for being a dickhead, completely fucking pillaged by them. If you aren't that incredibly stupid, then just tell him to do the insurance thing and exchange your insurance details and it's really very effortless, the insurance companies will just exchange details and take care of everything, if you've got comprehensive then take your car in and get any little minor thing fixed that you can possibly link to the accident as well, YOUR one excess payment covers your car and his in that scenario so may as well get yours done as well.

You can't just pay his excess because he's not at fault so unless he's willing to commit fraud for you that's not an option as far as I know.
    Last edited by wogitalia; 5th February 2019 at 08:13 PM.

Teams
    Rep Level
    I legit dont have insurance. Just checked If I buy it now, and I just say the accident happened after the purchase date, too suss?
    TTP

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    As long as you donít mind sharing a cell with Big Bubba when you end up in the slammer for insurance fraud

Teams
    Rep Level
    Sweet

So Im pretty much just at the mercy of what his insurance company says the repair will cost?
    TTP