Philadelphia Eagles Man Utd Roma
    Always update my apps crew
    TTP

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace

Random Thoughts Part VI: Return of the Rolling Zone

Is there anything more awkward than trying to spark up conversations with colleagues you only half know at staff Christmas parties?
    Last edited by showdownhero; 22nd November 2018 at 08:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    You're being a massive Clint

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    how much does an electrician usually cost? got some dipshit out to diagnose where a problem was with our lighting circuit because something kept flicking the safety switch off. motherfucker charged ~315 for an hour of checking shit and changing out a little part that was burnt out in one of the light switches.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    I attended my works NZ senior management team Christmas party last week (so early cos they only meet together twice a year)

Thought it'd be super awkward but was actually great.

Think my actual Christmas party will be worse. So many socially awkward fucks around. I don't mind talking to people I don't know very well but ffs let's not talk about work

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    Is there anything more awkward than trying to spark up conversations with colleagues you only half know at staff Christmas parties?
    Yep trying to talk to the bunch of autists on a day to day basis At least they might have had a drink to get them going at the Christmas party

Teams
    LA Lakers, Celtic, Victory, Stars
    Rep Level
    Carolina Panthers Los Angeles Lakers Sydney Roosters
    If you download the Australian Venue Co app today, put your details in and enter the promo code BLACKFRIDAY18 you get an extra $25 onto your first order on top of the usual $10 off.

$35 free lunch. Some decent venues too.

Teams
    West Coast
    Rep Level
    WCE NULL NULL
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    Flop your knob out out. Guarantee that will spark some talk, you'll never be forgotten then either. Everyone will want to know you.
    "We actually got the winning goal three minutes from the end but then they scored."

Teams
    West Coast
    Rep Level
    WCE NULL NULL
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    how much does an electrician usually cost? got some dipshit out to diagnose where a problem was with our lighting circuit because something kept flicking the safety switch off. motherfucker charged ~315 for an hour of checking shit and changing out a little part that was burnt out in one of the light switches.
    Roughly $90 an hour. Our sparky (contractor here at work is awesome). Did some cashies for me around the house. Looked after me. Once you find a good one, don't lose him.
    "We actually got the winning goal three minutes from the end but then they scored."

Elite
    Rep Level
    Any of the older rolling zone crew remember soap shoes???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rep Level
    I used to have a pair

Elite
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgang View Post
    I used to have a pair
    What a fad!

YOU BETTER WATCH OUT Red Neville's Avatar
    Rep Level
    Manchester United Greater Western Sydney Sporting Gijon
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgang View Post
    I used to have a pair
    But did you ever have Soap shoes?

(sorry)
    Souvent pour s'amuser les hommes d'equipage
    And it's like talking to a stranger

Teams
    Rep Level
    I'm really coming around to the idea of finding the actor in that Subway ad, the redhead who says spicy, and torturing him with a blowtorch.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    I'm really coming around to the idea of finding the actor in that Subway ad, the redhead who says spicy, and torturing him with a blowtorch.
    Ive always wanted to start a Australian wrestling promotion centred on giving these guys 10 000 and smashing the shit out of them for reals.

First cab of the rank was always going to be Rusty Gates. Straight through the table with a top rope sit down powerbomb
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

Teams
    Philadelphia Eagles, Brisbane Lions, Sixers, Hoyas, United, Roma
    Rep Level
    Philadelphia Eagles Man Utd Roma
    Thpicy
    TTP

Teams
    Rep Level
    Like I'd love to just drug him. Chain the cunt up and take a blue flame to his spinal column, nowhere near enough to kill him, but certainly enough to get a "I just wanted to entertain!" spiel out of him, and a realization that if he escaped hed go into shock pretty quickly and his best chance was being found, but I'm about to pour vinegarette into his wounds so he'll feasibly die of shock far too quickly.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Baaaaaaad compannnnnyyyyyy

Elite
    Rep Level
    Basketball tribunal tonight

Copped one week and a 50 dollar fine

when they read the accusation against me

They said I called ref a cockhead on the way out

I said that’s untrue... I didn’t call him a cockhead

I called him a cocksucker

Then the guy had to repeat it.... so you called the ref a cocksucker?? Why did you call him a cocksucker??

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors

Still don't really get why people blow up at refs in some shitty domestic comp but I guess some can't help it - typically seems to be footy players that crack the sads the most in my experience.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post

Still don't really get why people blow up at refs in some shitty domestic comp but I guess some can't help it - typically seems to be footy players that crack the sads the most in my experience.
    Some of us aren't built with that chill non-competitive mode in us!

I'm the type of guy who turns it into a competition when playing pool, basketball or golf on my own!

The other factor is that some of those refs genuinely are cocksuckers on a powertrip that are really bad at their job which makes it pretty hard, imagine if you got that kind of service/food quality at a restaurant, the reality is that you're paying that ref to be there. Still remember playing indoor soccer and one of the refs used to basically be on his phone the whole time and hardly even watch the game which meant when he got something wrong it was doubly insulting.
    Last edited by wogitalia; 27th November 2018 at 11:04 PM.

Rep Level
    Must admit. I've always wanted to go and just ref a basketball game like a complete flog. Calling them Harden flops like flagrant techs
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    Some of us aren't built with that chill non-competitive mode in us!

I'm the type of guy who turns it into a competition when playing pool, basketball or golf on my own!

The other factor is that some of those refs genuinely are cocksuckers on a powertrip that are really bad at their job which makes it pretty hard, imagine if you got that kind of service/food quality at a restaurant, the reality is that you're paying that ref to be there. Still remember playing indoor soccer and one of the refs used to basically be on his phone the whole time and hardly even watch the game which meant when he got something wrong it was doubly insulting.

I think you gotta remember when you're playing some domestic grade comp on a week day, you're not some super star and equally, the refs do this for a little bit of money and maybe for enjoyment. Not really going to get the best refs for that standard. I dont mind the odd remark but losing it is just pathetic imo.

Got this one flog in my grade who sooks every fucking play when he doesnt get a call his way whilst he charges the fuck out of everyone on his way in (which almost never gets called). He's a pretty good player just due to how hard he goes at it, at least for the division I'm in but I get so sick of listening to him bitch all the time. Had a fill in the other week against them who got calls every second play like he does and their team was so salty, absolutely soaked it up.

And the food comparison would be like complaining about the service at maccas, you're paying like $12 a game...

If a ref is on his phone that's a totally different thing, something I've never experienced.
    Last edited by dylan123; 28th November 2018 at 12:13 AM.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Yeah I’m competitive as fuck but I won’t bag out or argue with the refs. Doing that doesn’t make you competitive, makes you a fucking flog tbh.

Be better than your excuses

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    I think you gotta remember when you're playing some domestic grade comp on a week day, you're not some super star and equally, the refs do this for a little bit of money and maybe for enjoyment. Not really going to get the best refs for that standard. I dont mind the odd remark but losing it is just pathetic imo.

Got this one flog in my grade who sooks every fucking play when he doesnt get a call his way whilst he charges the fuck out of everyone on his way in (which almost never gets called). He's a pretty good player just due to how hard he goes at it, at least for the division I'm in but I get so sick of listening to him bitch all the time. Had a fill in the other week against them who got calls every second play like he does and their team was so salty, absolutely soaked it up.

And the food comparison would be like complaining about the service at maccas, you're paying like $12 a game...

If a ref is on his phone that's a totally different thing, something I've never experienced.
    Yeah not saying I condone it, just that it's generally where it comes from.

That $12 is also an hour of your time and probably another 3 or 4 hours a week in training though so it's not just the financial commitment as much as the time you've put into it. All I ever really ask from the ref is for them to take the game seriously.

I mean when I played footy it was $200 for the season, $15 a week match fees, 2 training sessions a week, another 3-4 sessions a week outside those 2 sessions and then the game and to have it soured by a ref who didn't give a fuck was always a dampener. Some of the refs were outright cheats because each club paid their own ref as well which was pretty bad and definitely had my jiimies rustled.

To be fair, I've never really been one to complain about the umpiring, I might be pissed at them but I know you never win that argument and it never helps, I was always the subtle (hey mate, can you just keep an eye out for the hold/whatever, in the break of play that generally would result in you getting a call or two later in the game. I've done my fair share of reffing on multiple sports and those guys that abuse you never get the benefit on the next call (even if they're right!)

And you can be certain I've kicked up a stink at Maccas when they fucked up before, never mess with a mans food!

The ref on the phone was a hatred thing, basically had to be a fight for him to do anything and because it was indoor full of all kind of angry ethnicities mixing that was pretty damn common in his games because he just called nothing to the point where guys would just hatched job each other. He might be the one exception where I've got back at a ref, may have "missed" my throw and got his phone clean just to wake him up, to be fair if you're the ref and you get hit by the ball on a stop play, you probably deserved it...

But yeah, always remember that just because you think a comp is just a chill weeknight, remember for some guys that is their one game a week and it's balls to the wall for them. I remember in indoor cricket there was one team we used to play that was the epitome of that, you could tell it was the only comp they were allowed to play in and it was their fucking everything, they were all assholes because it mattered so much, kind of guys who made sure they picked who could bat again or bowl again if you were short players instead of just not caring, argue every decision and the like. Used to feel so much better beating them than anyone else.