Close

Page 688 of 800 FirstFirst ... 188588638678686687688689690698738788 ... LastLast
Results 17,176 to 17,200 of 19979
    Teams
    Freo Fyfies
    Rep Level
    Maybe the police, here in NSW at least, can stop their constant whining about how 'undermanned' they are while having a billion patrol cars sitting on the side of the major motorways waiting for somebody to speed past (between all the fixed speed cameras of course)

And before anyone accuses me of being a salty leadfoot I haven't had a speeding fine in like 6 or 7 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    Sex is not a virtuous act unless it is for procreation.

Consensual sex is an act of mutual exploitation. There is nothing positive to be gained from ejaculation, orgasm and physical sexual interaction. It only causes physiological deterioration.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgang View Post
    If people stopped speeding the police could put those resources towards other crimes like theft.
    To be fair I have bigger issues with the laws themselves than the people enforcing them but to argue that stopping people going too fast when you've created laws that make driving way too slow the legal limit instead of going after actual crimes that hurt people is a good thing is a pretty poor argument in my opinion.

By your same logic, why not just ask the thieves and murderers to stop doing it politely, I mean at least those laws exist for a good reason rather than pure revenue raising. Speeding only exists because of ridiculous laws, remove the stupid laws and speeding no longer exists. Theft on the other hand actually causes harm to people and gets a free pass because throwing someone in jail costs money instead of raising it.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    To be fair I have bigger issues with the laws themselves than the people enforcing them but to argue that stopping people going too fast when you've created laws that make driving way too slow the legal limit instead of going after actual crimes that hurt people is a good thing is a pretty poor argument in my opinion.

By your same logic, why not just ask the thieves and murderers to stop doing it politely, I mean at least those laws exist for a good reason rather than pure revenue raising. Speeding only exists because of ridiculous laws, remove the stupid laws and speeding no longer exists. Theft on the other hand actually causes harm to people and gets a free pass because throwing someone in jail costs money instead of raising it.
    Is the speed limit to low?

According to the World Health Organisation every Km over 50km/h increases the risk of an accident by 3% and the chance of that accident being fatal by 4.5%

Road accidents have an economic impact of $27 billion annually in Australia with about 30% of those attributed to speeding

All other crime has a total economic impact of about $32 billion

To put it in perspective, about 1.2 people a day die in Australia as a result of car accidents caused by speeding. That's the same as the homicide rate

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    Considering the majority of clints are driving constantly and not trying to murder each other every day I'm not surprised the rate is higher

It's true about the 50/60 limits being around the right mark before those extra few km's make a real difference. It's more about stopping time than anything, i think i worked the shit out when i was doing physics and the wipe off 5 campaign was going on. Big jump in stop time

Still tho, over enforced and over penalised

Rep Level
    Chicago Bulls Western Bulldogs
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Maybe the police, here in NSW at least, can stop their constant whining about how 'undermanned' they are while having a billion patrol cars sitting on the side of the major motorways waiting for somebody to speed past (between all the fixed speed cameras of course)

And before anyone accuses me of being a salty leadfoot I haven't had a speeding fine in like 6 or 7 years
    Or walking into empty pubs 4 at a time 5 times a night looking to busy anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Im the hero football needs and deserves you will find

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post

Still tho, over enforced and over penalised

You’ve pretty much nailed it right there

All the speed tolerances were dropped used to be 10% now is down to 3kmh regardless of the limit as well as the points system went from 12 points in one year to 12 points in any three year period as well as the amount of cameras has gone through the roof

And I’d love the statistics on how much highway patrol has grown in the last 10 years as opposed to other divisions of the police force

All Victorian related though

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows
    NANNYSTATE

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    Na just #vicbias

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    How shit is radio?

My old iPod classic been playing up in the car and not holding onto charge at all so I was forced to listen to it on my drive home (well until I cracked and plugged my phone in).

SEN - Between the 10 minutes of ads either side, listen to them talking about the size of players heads, eyebrows etc whilst not knowing who Anthony Davis is.
    Triple J - Hack - the worst show on the radio hands down, gets my jimmies every time but I sometimes listen for a few minutes, I guess I must get a kick out of my own suffering at times.
    Triple M - Just a bunch of hacks yelling loudly into the microphones between ads, all seems so fake.
    Random station, maybe Fox? - Trying to guess the profession of someone based on their car, super lame.
    Gold/Kiis - Can sometimes kinda get an alright song but a good chunk you don't want to listen to.

Just spam flicking between those for a good 45 minutes hating life.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Triple J - Hack - the worst show on the radio hands down, gets my jimmies every time but I sometimes listen for a few minutes, I guess I must get a kick out of my own suffering at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    there’s a couple of clusters of illness in Mt Baker and Gawler where they’ve been tested but their results aren’t back yet. These individuals have all recently returned from various hot spots overseas and are almost guaranteed to returned positive results. Could be a spike in SA numbers in the next few days.

Teams
    Freo Fyfies
    Rep Level
    I listen to Triple J because no ads, but when they play the same Post Malone song for the 10th time in 4 days it gets old real quick. Even when the artists are different the songs still sound the same. Just how many chicks who can strum a guitar and sing about lesbianism are there in the Triple J playlist? Fucken heaps that's how many.

Consensual sex is an act of mutual exploitation. There is nothing positive to be gained from ejaculation, orgasm and physical sexual interaction. It only causes physiological deterioration.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    How shit is radio?

My old iPod classic been playing up in the car and not holding onto charge at all so I was forced to listen to it on my drive home (well until I cracked and plugged my phone in).

SEN - Between the 10 minutes of ads either side, listen to them talking about the size of players heads, eyebrows etc whilst not knowing who Anthony Davis is.
    Triple M - Just a bunch of hacks yelling loudly into the microphones between ads, all seems so fake.
    Random station, maybe Fox? - Trying to guess the profession of someone based on their car, super lame.
    Gold/Kiis - Can sometimes kinda get an alright song but a good chunk you don't want to listen to.

I mostly listen to 3aw these days can not stand anything that’s on FM

Rep Level
    How shit is radio?

If I had a bomb and was told I could leave it in any location, id leave it in the radio booth of Kate, Tim and Marty.

Not one decent human would be taken out in that case

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    I listen to Triple J because no ads, but when they play the same Post Malone song for the 10th time in 4 days it gets old real quick. Even when the artists are different the songs still sound the same. Just how many chicks who can strum a guitar and sing about lesbianism are there in the Triple J playlist? Fucken heaps that's how many.
    Courtney Barnett is an ulcered haemorrhoid of australian music
    there’s a couple of clusters of illness in Mt Baker and Gawler where they’ve been tested but their results aren’t back yet. These individuals have all recently returned from various hot spots overseas and are almost guaranteed to returned positive results. Could be a spike in SA numbers in the next few days.

YOU BETTER WATCH OUT Red Neville's Avatar
    Rep Level
    Manchester United Greater Western Sydney Sporting Gijon
    Not a fan of how the Triple J playlist narrowed in the 90s. I figure it's only gotten worse?

Triple M just sounds like a FM radio station anywhere in the world. Same music, same forced hysteria, only the accents differ.
    Souvent pour s'amuser les hommes d'equipage
    And it's like talking to a stranger

YOU BETTER WATCH OUT Red Neville's Avatar
    Rep Level
    Manchester United Greater Western Sydney Sporting Gijon
    I discovered my podcast accumulator had the Coodabeens show on it. Hadn't been a regular listener since the 80s, delighted to say it hasn't changed a bit
    Souvent pour s'amuser les hommes d'equipage
    And it's like talking to a stranger

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    How shit is radio?

This, so much this.

Borrowing my little brothers car which has no bluetooth or aux or anything (it's a bomb!) and realised I haven't had to endure radio in over a decade and fuck me it's awful.

Triple J - Every one of their announcers is fucking horrible and they play about 19 of the worst crap you could hear songs for every decent song. They've still got the "best" highs but their low is consistently lower than the other stations and their hosts are absolutely the worst, the type of people who if you met them at a party you'd be "going for a piss" within about 1 minute of the conversation starting.

The rest just play absolute trash and I realise that right now might be the worst period of pop music, there isn't even a decent pop song that get's played 100 times a day to bail it out, literally just hoping for throwback songs that aren't terrible. Genuinely think that No Scrubs by TLC is the best song I've heard on Nova or 929 in over a week and that's far from a good song. 96 might be even worse, it's basically bogan trash 95% of the time with the odd decent rock song thrown in here and there.

Genuinely reckon I'll just play music through the phone speakers for however long I'm driving it from here.

Teams
    Freo Fyfies
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Neville View Post
    Triple M just sounds like a FM radio station anywhere in the world. Same music, same forced hysteria, only the accents differ.
    Do most FM stations play 90% Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters and AC/DC?

Teams
    New Orleans Saints, Geelong, Liverpool, OKC
    Rep Level
    New Orleans Saints Geelong Cats Liverpool
    RTR in Perth is great. I also like triple j.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Pretty mad my car doesn't have Bluetooth. Can't be fucked connecting to aux every time, not being able to change songs etc.

Mostly just flick songs on FM until I find someone actually playing music. The hosts are just as cringeworthy on every station. Self indulgent flogs

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Adelaide United, Everton
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Everton NULL
    Cruise 1323 or bust
    We demand an investigation into the replacement of referee Rafshan Irmatov and his departure at a difficult time in such an important match. We ask for an examination of the grassland that was not suitable for the Syrian team, while Australian players seem to be wearing shoes that cling to the long grass, so we saw Syrian players fall during the game, while Australia's players are steady.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    My listening habits are Triple J unless they have someone objectionable on Hack or they play Courtney Barnett et al or Wilcannia Mob et al that I find totally intolerable

I listen to a fair bit of the triple j hit list on spotify (so I can skip the rubbish) or mixcloud/soundcloud if there's a set I want to listen to

Teams
    West Coast, QPR, Seahawks
    Rep Level
    Seattle Seahawks WCE Queens Park Rangers
    I can 100% see how people wouldn't like Courtney Barnett, she is definitely polarising - but I love her. her first album was really good.

Haven't listened to her second album really but still a fan.

Teams
    Freo Fyfies
    Rep Level
    My listening habits are Triple J unless they have someone objectionable on Hack or they play Courtney Barnett et al or Wilcannia Mob et al that I find totally intolerable

I listen to a fair bit of the triple j hit list on spotify (so I can skip the rubbish) or mixcloud/soundcloud if there's a set I want to listen to
    Don’t forget A.B Original and their hits “Blackfella”, “Black and White”, “Blackman Was Here First”, “Have We Mentioned We’re Aboriginal” and “Black” from their latest album “The Blunchblack of Blotre Blame”

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fools Gold View Post
    Cruise 1323 or bust
    Fucking love Cruise 1323. Listen to it every day at work as majority don't like Triple J.

I'm with SDH re: Courtney Barnett, and Tom Tilley's voice on Hack sends me insane.

Also v disappointed my girl Linda Marigliano moved from Good Nights to the mid-morning shift this year.
    Last edited by Jihad; 3rd October 2018 at 12:26 PM.