Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2057

Thread: Travel thread

Teams
    Collingwood, Newcastle United, Melbourne City
    Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Newcastle United Chicago Bulls
    Quote Originally Posted by sblack View Post
    Yeah guy at work with stupid amounts of money stays there a bit. The photos of the room with a bear sleeping on the other side of the glass is so sick
    Expensive af?

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Quote Originally Posted by Histrionics View Post
    Expensive af?
    Just checked one night on a Saturday is 2300 for the cat room

Elite
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by melaniej View Post
    Damn I loved Barca!

I canít believe how easy it is to get around. Havenít needed a taxi or bus, just walked.

And itís chilled as

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    I can’t believe how easy it is to get around. Haven’t needed a taxi or bus, just walked.

And it’s chilled as
    You wouldn't be saying that if you visited in Summer, hordes of revolting tourists are anything but chill
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    You're being a massive Clint

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    I was there in early July and it was busy but bareable. Fucking hot tho. Found trains were pricey so tried to cover by foot

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Super Moderator
    Rep Level
    I was there in March. It snowed in the city, was such a cool thing to witness!

Teams
    Collingwood, Newcastle United, Melbourne City
    Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Newcastle United Chicago Bulls
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    Just checked one night on a Saturday is 2300 for the cat room
    Gee whiz

Teams
    Adelaide, Adelaide United, Sunderland
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Sunderland
    Donít think Iíve post since I got back.

I did Santorini, Positano, Naples, Rome, Amsterdam, Paris and London in 25 days.

Amsterdam and Positano the standouts, Amsterdam is such a cool city and a pleasant change from the other big cities, itís just the perfect city for people in their 20ís. The food there was incredible, ate every night at the Food De Hallen, canít recommend it enough if youíre ever in Amsterdam. Itís essentially a food hall with 15-20 pop up restaurants and a smattering of bars. Loved Anne Frank House too, knew fuck all about it so getting a tour was well worth it.

Got to see my boys Sunderland too thanks to the club organising tickets for me despite it being a sellout. Game was in Burton which was an absolute shithole and that game remains the only one they have lost this season Still, great experience to be involved in an away end in England.

Donít know if I was spent by the time I got to Paris but certainly wasnít anything special, although I canít appreciate art so that was probably an issue. Naples was pretty underwhelming, although Pompeii was a good day out though. Loved Rome, such a cool city just to walk around.

The Amalfi Coast though
    Formerly known as meh

Teams
    Philadelphia Eagles, Brisbane Lions, Sixers, Hoyas, United, Roma
    Rep Level
    Philadelphia Eagles Man Utd Roma
    Quote Originally Posted by Histrionics View Post
    Gee whiz
    Yep its fucked
    TTP

Teams
    Philadelphia Eagles, Brisbane Lions, Sixers, Hoyas, United, Roma
    Rep Level
    Philadelphia Eagles Man Utd Roma
    Cunt from work at the Bear Room

TTP

Teams
    West Coast
    Rep Level
    WCE NULL NULL
    Going to Noosa on Thursday, spent a heap on Accommodation as it's the first flight for my kids. Bring on Fraser Island. We hope to see at lease one wild dingo. So beautiful I hear.
    "We actually got the winning goal three minutes from the end but then they scored."

Elite
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Davola View Post
    Don’t think I’ve post since I got back.

I did Santorini, Positano, Naples, Rome, Amsterdam, Paris and London in 25 days.

Amsterdam and Positano the standouts, Amsterdam is such a cool city and a pleasant change from the other big cities, it’s just the perfect city for people in their 20’s. The food there was incredible, ate every night at the Food De Hallen, can’t recommend it enough if you’re ever in Amsterdam. It’s essentially a food hall with 15-20 pop up restaurants and a smattering of bars. Loved Anne Frank House too, knew fuck all about it so getting a tour was well worth it.

Got to see my boys Sunderland too thanks to the club organising tickets for me despite it being a sellout. Game was in Burton which was an absolute shithole and that game remains the only one they have lost this season Still, great experience to be involved in an away end in England.

Don’t know if I was spent by the time I got to Paris but certainly wasn’t anything special, although I can’t appreciate art so that was probably an issue. Naples was pretty underwhelming, although Pompeii was a good day out though. Loved Rome, such a cool city just to walk around.

The Amalfi Coast though
    Amalfi coast oh boy.

Paris has been my highlight so far. I dunno but sitting there knocking back beers under the Eiffel Tower at night was surreal as fuck

Elite
    Rep Level
    Last night in Berlin. Amsterdam tomorrow

Elite
    Rep Level
    This place will be the death of me

Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Arsenal
    So many Euro flashbacks right now

In my travel plans just booked flights to head to Sydney for the Melbourne cup long weekend.

Staying in Bondi just to look for Flight

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Elite
    Rep Level
    Lost my phone. On a burner for the rest of my trip, money I didn't want to spend

Elite
    Rep Level
    London has been fucking grand. Went out in fulham the other night and it was packed. I haven't had a night like that in ages. Plus during the day my hostel is right near the main landmarks.

Toured Lord's too. Underwhelming overall but got to see the ashes (closer than any Aussie cricketer will get now) and danced on the balcony warnie the flog did.

Shame it's so fucking cold though. Not even winter yet

YOU BETTER WATCH OUT Red Neville's Avatar
    Rep Level
    Manchester United Greater Western Sydney Sporting Gijon
    I did the Lord's tour back in 99 but I got there a bit early and was talking to the guide about cricket stuff before I knew he was the guide, far as I was aware he was another random punter waiting. So we did the tour and all and it was only a few hours later I realised he'd never asked me to pay. Nice.

Met Phil Tufnel as well and he was a great sport. I told him we'd named our indoor team the Phil Tufnel Fielding Academy and he was chuffed.

It isn't usually this cold this early Max, bit of a freak phenomenon.
    Souvent pour s'amuser les hommes d'equipage
    And it's like talking to a stranger

Rep Level
    Anyone been to Hong Kong. Going next month.

Going to Bali tomorrow as a last second decision. Couple we know gave us villa they booked for free cos they cant get refund. Not giving them any money either cos this is a "bout bloody time they did us a favor" return as far as im concerned

480 buck holiday. Cant complain.
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Hong Kong is so incredibly humid and the people seem pretty rude at the best of times.

I was surprised by the level of clinginess bordering on harassment of guys trying to sell you a suit. Like it's to be expected in an underdeveloped South East Asian country

Ocean Park is pretty cool and the Peak. As far as Asian destinations go I'd have it towards the bottom of the list as far as going back is concerned, unless it was a 1 or 2 day stopover

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    Hong Kong is so incredibly humid and the people seem pretty rude at the best of times.

I was surprised by the level of clinginess bordering on harassment of guys trying to sell you a suit. Like it's to be expected in an underdeveloped South East Asian country

Ocean Park is pretty cool and the Peak. As far as Asian destinations go I'd have it towards the bottom of the list as far as going back is concerned, unless it was a 1 or 2 day stopover
    More of a business trip then a holiday one. It was either go to Hong Kong or Guangzhou, so didnt exactly have fantastic options

Will give Ocean Park a go.
    I JUST DELETED YOUR ASS!!!

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Yeah we did a couple of the animal encounters. It's a bit pricey (like $100-150pp) but I guess it's kind of a unique thing if you're interested in it. Then of course they slug you for photos and other memorabilia etc.

The rides were pretty decent too.

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Adelaide United, Everton
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Everton NULL
    Off for a small road trip next week with the balls and chain. Halls Gap then Lorne for a cutla nights before heading back along the Great Ocean Rd.

Any places in particular that I need to see? Hoping to go up to Torquay & Bells Beach for a day while we're in Lorne.
    We demand an investigation into the replacement of referee Rafshan Irmatov and his departure at a difficult time in such an important match. We ask for an examination of the grassland that was not suitable for the Syrian team, while Australian players seem to be wearing shoes that cling to the long grass, so we saw Syrian players fall during the game, while Australia's players are steady.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fools Gold View Post
    Off for a small road trip next week with the balls and chain. Halls Gap then Lorne for a cutla nights before heading back along the Great Ocean Rd.

Any places in particular that I need to see? Hoping to go up to Torquay & Bells Beach for a day while we're in Lorne.
    Lots of cool stuff to check out in the Otway National Park

Elite
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fools Gold View Post

The pinnacle at halls gap is a good climb and view. Plenty of good places to hike