Close

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    YOU BETTER WATCH OUT Red Neville's Avatar
    Rep Level
    Manchester United Greater Western Sydney Sporting Gijon
    I haven't seen it, never a fan of the band and feel like I kind of know the story. But surely with Queen the campy excess is the story.

Playing down the drug use is a bit sus too. This is a band at whose parties they used to hire midgets to walk around with bowls of Boutros strapped to their heads. Was that in the film?

So yeah I'm with LC here, if it isn't a festival of bummery I'd kind of want my money back.
    Souvent pour s'amuser les hommes d'equipage
    And it's like talking to a stranger

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Neville View Post
    I haven't seen it, never a fan of the band and feel like I kind of know the story. But surely with Queen the campy excess is the story.

Playing down the drug use is a bit sus too. This is a band at whose parties they used to hire midgets to walk around with bowls of Boutros strapped to their heads. Was that in the film?

So yeah I'm with LC here, if it isn't a festival of bummery I'd kind of want my money back.
    From what I understand that's the movie that Sacha Baron Cohen wanted to make but the existing band members basically own everything Queen related and instead wanted a PG popcorn and heavily controlled version of their history released instead, also, wouldn't want to offend the gay community by having him catch Aids from it...

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Neville View Post

Weren't the midget parties more of a freddie thing than a queen thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    You're being a massive Clint

Teams
    LA Lakers, Celtic, Victory, Stars
    Rep Level
    Carolina Panthers Los Angeles Lakers Sydney Roosters
    I feel like the midgets at parties thing did make an appearance in the movie? But were just at the party under the pretense that he invited anyone and everyone because he was lonely, rather than for the original purpose?

YOU BETTER WATCH OUT Red Neville's Avatar
    Rep Level
    Manchester United Greater Western Sydney Sporting Gijon
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    From what I understand that's the movie that Sacha Baron Cohen wanted to make but the existing band members basically own everything Queen related and instead wanted a PG popcorn and heavily controlled version of their history released instead, also, wouldn't want to offend the gay community by having him catch Aids from it...
    That would make sense. So you agree it is watered down then.

I think SBC would've been ace as Freddie tbh.
    Souvent pour s'amuser les hommes d'equipage
    And it's like talking to a stranger

Teams
    Rep Level
    Watched the third Planet of the Apes film last night thinking it was the second one (fak u kodi).

Had some good moments with Woody Harrelson, and they did a good job of getting the CGI ape to emote shit, but on the whole, it bored me. 4/10

Teams
    Rep Level
    Didn't mind Fist Fight.

Not insanely funny, but decent enough. Good before bed film. 6/10

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Thought this article pretty cleverly detailed how sanitised and fictionalised Bohemian Rhapsody was

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...1fed6ee8df5079
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    You're being a massive Clint

Teams
    Rep Level
    Yeah very well summarized - hard to argue much there.

Meanwhile in fucking Malaysia - https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/sexual...t1HxHPnO78-NCw

Teams
    Rep Level
    Watched Whiskey Tango Foxtrot last night. Great cast (Tina Fey, Martin Freeman, Margot Robbie, Alfred Molina, Billy Bob Thornton), but just such a clusterfuck of a script. Wildly veered in one direction to another, both in tone and plot, wasn't that engaging. It was what it was, and I could have found a better use of 2 hours.

5/10

Teams
    Rep Level
    3 (2 and a bit) last night.

Won't You Be My Neighbour - Interesting subject matter delivered in a fairly boring way. Enjoyed it but it was background noise for the most part. 6/10

You Were Never Here - Ehh, just watch Leon: The Professional instead. Boring, but I appreciated it only being 90 minutes. 4/10

Got through about 2/3 of Hearts Beat Loud before calling it a night. Great cast (Nick Offerman, Toni Collette, Ted Danson), and it was decent enough, just, nothing really happened. Didn't really tell a story, so much as "here, it's Ron Swanson". 6/10.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Jesus fucking christ...

The Tale

First film I've ever seen where the trigger warning was so very justified. Story about a young girl being groomed by her athletics coach, with some very, very graphic child sex scenes.

Laura Dern is amazing in this. The slow, gradual build from denial to acceptance of what happened is so well crafted. Would have said prior to this Lady Gaga was $1.01 to win Best Actress, but it's probably $1.90 each way for mine now.

Wasn't a huge fan of the ending

as it just didn't have the necessary emphasis that it needed to. It fell a bit flat for mine

, but far out, I don't have a comedy light enough to get my mind off that now. I'm just going to go all in with Hereditary instead.

8/10