Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Teams
    Rich-WHAAT? Rich-mond
    Rep Level
    Richmond Tigers Anaheim Ducks Toast
    Some more Episode 6 thoughts before I forget:

Initially, I was pissed at Claire for doing what she did.

While I can understand the merit and courage required to stand up for the rights of individuals - particularly those of us who are marginalised - I felt as though she was caught up in her own realisation about how she felt about Frank, and used Michael's situation + the address with Petrov, as an outlet. As Frank said, Michael was the one who chose to travel to Moscow to protest, and in doing so, commit a crime in a foreign land (sound familiar?). Its the individual's responsibility to be aware of the potential consequences involved and exercise accountability should he/she be caught out. Then to take his own life... I don't know who that served, other than his own selfish justification. Michael and Claire needed to choose their battles more logically. Michael paid for his life, while Claire's inexperience came to the fore.

Hope that all makes sense.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."

Twitter
    : @jamiedmurphy
    PSN: Spudregus_87

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    Embers is on same level as flight. Just in a different building truth be told for mine.

Teams
    Rich-WHAAT? Rich-mond
    Rep Level
    Episode 7

Some beautiful shots during his FDR memorial visit. Those horns in the score kicked in at just the right time.

I'm really enjoying the fact that Doug's narrative has become one of the main archs this season. He's an interesting character for mine - who became Underwood's whipping boy and underling to Seth in season two. Despite his obsession with Rachel, he's providing the emotional relatability this season. Actually wouldn't mind if he followed through and joined Dunbar's team for good. Also gets points for the OT hottie.

Frank and Claire

Start of the ep: FFS. Now marital struggles are lingering. It's a shame the writers have gone down this path, turning the world against Frank. Road block after road block, from every angle. At least he's starting to receive some bipartisan support for AmericaWorks bill.

End of the ep: Thought the gift was a nice touch that showed how much Frank relies on Claire both personally and professionally. They're much better as a team, than fighting one another. We need the double ring tap back.

Last edited by Spudregus_87; 12th March 2015 at 02:22 AM.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."

Twitter

Embers is on same level as flight. Just in a different building truth be told for mine.

Teams
    Rich-WHAAT? Rich-mond
    Rep Level
    Episode 8

First off, not a fan of the Mendoza cop out. Strongest candidate for the Republican nomination loses his place in the White House & House of Reps on a technicality? Seems convenient and the consequence of lazy writing. Hard to get rid of Frank's enemies properly when you write so many into the script.

I was a fan however, of the dueling author-journalist (Yates-Turnbull) narration approach. Nice change-up from relying solely on the Underwoods to drive the narrative.

"Give him the information, and tell him where it came from." OH YEAH DOUG!!!

AND OH YEAH, FRANK GON ANNOUNCE HIS CANDIDACY!!!!

Last edited by Spudregus_87; 12th March 2015 at 02:24 AM.

Twitter

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Just watched the finale
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    --
    -
    -
    -
    -

Pretty underwhelming season tbh, nothing of great significance really happened. That sloot was always toast, no way she was walking. Claire walking at the end was also somewhat predictable considering the tact of the season and the book on their marriage. I feel like he accomplished something in the past two seasons, this season he failed to pass AmWorks, fucked up the Middle East and managed to finally get Claire to walk. I guess you could say that's pretty big but those story lines should be based around a bigger one... which was apparently winning Iowa. I felt like this could have been accomplished in half a season (max)

Last edited by Ball So Hard; 3rd March 2015 at 01:05 AM.

Teams
    Rich-WHAAT? Rich-mond
    Rep Level
    Episode 9

Just when things were starting to look up, Doug goes awol and eight Russians are killed in the Gaza Strip.

"And if do anything that endangers his health again, I swear to God, I will put you in your fucking grave."

Again, a brilliant score, especially the strings over Doug's scenes. The music really compliments what's going on on-screen.

Wanted a little bit more from the co-vert ops scenes, but I understand that would have been difficult/expensive to film.

I still believe that Petrov had a hand in the murder of his own troops, but perhaps that's just because I'm predispositioned to favour the West.

Twitter

Teams
    Crows, Ravens & Ducks
    Rep Level
    Baltimore Ravens Oregon Ducks Adelaide Crows
    Episode 4 was so god damn good.

This is the first time I remember Frank confused about his own sense of morality. We've seen him flustered when his back against the wall. But he never lost sight of his own morality system, even when he couldn't work out the next play.

Now we're getting "must I destroy this man?" whilst he lets the crippled drone strike victim get under his skin and it cost him. It may have only been for one episode but fuck it was fantastic to watch the stone cold killer asking himself if it was too much.

That made it the best episode since S02E01

Quote Originally Posted by Terrell Suggs after winning the Superbowl
    “We beat the future in Andrew Luck, we beat the past in Peyton Manning, we beat the present in Tom Brady and then we beat the best show in offense in the 49ers and Colin Kaepernick. The toughest road in these playoffs, we did it, and we did it together.”
    Quote Originally Posted by flight23 View Post
    BANG!!!! Embers you Mong. Stick some Kelsey grammar up yourself you retarded cunt

Teams
    Adelaide, Liverpool
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Liverpool
    My thoughts on the season
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Bit of a meh season really. Started off well but I thought the whole Frank/Claire thing dragged on way too much. Petrov episodes were the highlight for me, but apart from that the writing was pretty weak. Just hope next season we hear more from Lucas, or stuff about the murders starts to leak otherwise I feel this show could run of out legs pretty quickly.

Teams
    Rich-WHAAT? Rich-mond
    Rep Level
    Episode 11

Frank going about the nomination the same way as Russell Hantz goes about playing Surviour - get to the final three burning any and all bridges you used to get there, then still be lacking the self-awareness required to know you won't get the jury vote at the end.

FWIW, I gave Dunbar the points - if I was a US citizen, and HOC were real, she'd get my vote.

The debate and Remy/Doug's problems made for a strong opener. Doug finally with some verbal honesty about Rachel. IT/FBI dude is formidable.

"Oh I know, the marriage was my idea, don't remind me."

I've missed Spacey talking to us directly.

EDIT: Also, Frank's going to make Claire his VP, isn't he?

Last edited by Spudregus_87; 4th March 2015 at 01:35 PM.

Twitter

Teams
    Rich-WHAAT? Rich-mond
    Rep Level
    Episode 12

'Here's a woman who describes her vows as a suicide flirting with a bridge's edge and a man who wears his wedding ring as a badge of shame, for the debutante deserved more. But truly, what more could she desire? Together, they rule an empire without heirs. Legacy is their only child.'

lol'd at Frank's entrance for the Dunbar meeting.

"...but go after Claire, and I'll slit her throat in public."

Good to have ruthless VP Frank back Just a shame he's only got Seth on his side.

Oh w8, wats dis? A wild Doug appears:

Wild Doug used "Make me your chief of staff"

It's very effective

Twitter

Teams
    Rich-WHAAT? Rich-mond
    Rep Level
    Been trying to find the OST music that plays during key moments. Heavy on the strings.

Will probably have to just wait until someone puts in on YouTube.

Twitter

Teams
    Crows, Ravens & Ducks
    Rep Level
    Laptop died last night and I didn't transfer the episodes to hard drive

Now stooping to watch them on my phone whilst the laptop shit gets sorted
    “We beat the future in Andrew Luck, we beat the past in Peyton Manning, we beat the present in Tom Brady and then we beat the best show in offense in the 49ers and Colin Kaepernick. The toughest road in these playoffs, we did it, and we did it together.”
    BANG!!!! Embers you Mong. Stick some Kelsey grammar up yourself you retarded cunt

Rep Level
    Chicago Bulls Western Bulldogs

über konsistent
    Teams
    Sydney, Liverpool, Indy Colts
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Indianapolis Colts Newcastle Knights
    Just got around to finishing it

Pretty disappointed, with the ending/last few eps especially. Frank has always been a bastard, but the last few episodes he was just being a dick. That scene where Frank is smoking with Freddy and Remy wants to talk really stood out. And fucking Claire? she's even worse. Goes from doing anything to succeed and get Frank to the top to going "this is your office" and shit, you don't say sloot?

Rep Level
    flights warm ball of light season review

it was really really shit, episode 11 should of been episode 1, it only got interesting when Frank went berko at that who was flip flopping all season

Doug chew on a penor you boring ass cunt, who was the fucking genius who thought it would be awesome to follow this cunt getting physio for a whole season, they fucked it in episode 1 for the season when they made the decision to focus on that

as for Dougs NOONE GIVES A FLYING FUCK ABOUT HER, Frank is the fucking prez as if some country bumkin who-ooore waitress is gonna fuck any of this shit up bitch please

and as for Frank getting fucked over for a whole season by everyone for a whole season FOR FUCK SAKE YOU POVO FUCKING PLEBS IF I WANTED TO WATCH A CUNT HAVE HIS HANDS TIED I'D TUNE INTO FUCKING OBAMA TRY AND GET A FUCKING GUN LAW QUASHED

Teams
    Rich-WHAAT? Rich-mond
    Rep Level
    Episode 13

Nice to see Rachel one last time before Doug reaps her. Crazy how much time the President's Chief of Staff has to stalk and hunt down a female citizen.

Wait... seems like she'll be playing some sort of role in season four. (UPDATE: Oh shiiiit. Never mind).

FFS Claire has been super frustrating these last few episodes. All season really. I know the Underwoods have been a team the whole way through, but once Frank got the Presidency, surely she has to realise he takes front spot, both in front of and behind the camera? Was particularly annoyed with "Forget it, I shouldn't have said anything." Nothing worse than indecisiveness.

Crazy Prediction for S4: Claire powers forward and nominates for the Republican party and goes head-to-head with Frank.

Season Thoughts

Joining the chorus of people who found this season pretty underwhelming. Spacey just seemed powerless in the POTUS role, but I guess that's indicative of the position in real life. Every episode brought about a new enemy, and Frank was asked to accomplish things from an non-winnable position. Doug came back into the fold too late for mine. Needed the ruthlessness that his pairing with Underwood provided at about the episode 8 mark, not the season finale.

Finally, you know it's a bad sign when supporting characters are the only ones providing the 'drop the mic' or WTF moments (See Doug & Dunbar)

Twitter

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Avoided this thread since I didn't want to read spoilers or also have my opinion on the season change due to what others said -

End of season -

Still found this season better then last season personally, wasn't near the level of season 1 but still an improvement of season 2.

At least with this season it didn't all go his way as per season 2. His bill got fucked over, Russian president pwned him hard, the deal to get the money required with the cyclone/crazy weather turning around all stuffed him up from what he was trying to do. With that said, little disappointing that his manipulation didn't really do much compared to previous seasons either.

But really, where can this show go? They fucked up in season 2, he got into power too quickly. From here he pretty much has to win the election unless they want to finish the show so they're left having these other little things going wrong to continue pumping out seasons. Would have been far better if he was still working his way up to being a candidate then already the main man in charge, was far better seeing him manipulate everyone (although the president in season 2 was weak as well).

Teams
    Sydney Swans; Liverpool; New England Patriots
    Rep Level
    Just finished the season.

As with everyone here, it was pretty disappointing. I'd probably say the worst season of the three.

Overall I think the show had its' zenith around the start of season 2. Think all of it was very much of a case where the journey was better than the destination.

Teams
    Crows, Ravens & Ducks
    Rep Level
    Been smashing this since I got my laptop back.

About to start episode 11. Given what happened last season at episode 11, I'm not sure that I'm ready.

Rep Level

Teams
    Crows, Ravens & Ducks
    Rep Level
    Good, now get your shit sorted Netflix.

The last season and a half has been pretty disappointing on the whole.

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows
    Just finished and I agree with most of the sentiments here. Will post more thoughts tomorrow when I'm not rekt from doing 5 episodes in a row.

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows
    I got an xbox achievement for the 5 eps non stop though

Teams
    Crows, Ravens & Ducks
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi View Post
    I got an xbox achievement for the 5 eps non stop though
    Wait Xbox has achievements for Netflix?

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Wait Xbox has achievements for Netflix?
    Yeah I don't think you get any points though.

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows
    Ok yer so I finished this last night
    -
    -
    -
    --

It wasn't bad but it wasn't at the level of the last two seasons. There were a few things that annoyed me:
    - The whole writing a book thing seemed like a lazy way to build characters. The whole premise of a propaganda book seemed dumb and was only there to talk about past experiences to the viewer.
    - The Republican leader just basically disappearing was a huge cop out. I'm not sure if something actually happened to him not wanting to be on the show or whether it was just lazy writing. It seems like they missed an opportunity for Frank to fuck him over
    - I feel like it missed the media/papers aspect of the past two seasons. They were so preoccupied with the book thing that they didn't have many nosey reporters and Frank trying to cover shit up. That new reporter woman from Gone Girl didn't really contribute much
    - Doug's arc was okay but I missed him being a badass