Close

Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1403
    Teams
    West Coast, QPR, Seahawks
    Rep Level
    Seattle Seahawks WCE Queens Park Rangers
    Oh I didnt realise homecoming had come out. Listened to the podcast as well, also the podcast about the making of the show.

Will download tonight.

Teams
    Collingwood, Newcastle United, Melbourne City
    Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Newcastle United Chicago Bulls
    Quote Originally Posted by flight23 View Post
    What?

Also homecoming is fucking amazing, Esmail who did Mr robot is all over it

I listened to the podcast when it came out, but itís pre-tty pre-tty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought you wrote it was your second fave

Last edited by Histrionics; 6th November 2018 at 08:12 PM.

Teams
    LA Lakers, Celtic, Victory, Stars
    Rep Level
    Carolina Panthers Los Angeles Lakers Sydney Roosters
    New House of Cards was a bit of a trainwreck.

The Walking Dead waiting to be put out of its misery, on the other hand, a real trainwreck.

Teams
    West Coast, QPR, Seahawks
    Rep Level
    Seattle Seahawks WCE Queens Park Rangers
    Holy fuck the last episode of the Bodyguard was intense.

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Quote Originally Posted by trigg View Post
    Holy fuck the last episode of the Bodyguard was intense.
    Was a strange series, picked up a bit at the end but the way they made the main character he was a bit hard to get behind.

Did end well though

Teams
    Collingwood, Newcastle United, Melbourne City
    Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Newcastle United Chicago Bulls
    Just started Legion. Pretty full on but am loving it. Got one more ep to go for season 1.

Teams
    Adelaide, Adelaide United, Sunderland
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Sunderland
    Pleasantly surprised with how good Making a Murderer season 2 is. Thought they would have run out of useful information by now but itís still genuinely interesting.

The whole situation of how Teresa Halbachís car ended up on the property is a show within itself.
    Formerly known as meh

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    I'd love to see someone do a documentary that does the complete opposite perspective, obviously watching MaM you have to believe they're innocent because it's pretty damn persuasive but surely not all the judges are corrupt enough to actually have them keep getting railroaded like they have if there isn't a hell of a lot being left out of the show.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    I'd love to see someone do a documentary that does the complete opposite perspective, obviously watching MaM you have to believe they're innocent because it's pretty damn persuasive but surely not all the judges are corrupt enough to actually have them keep getting railroaded like they have if there isn't a hell of a lot being left out of the show.
    They are making one. Should be out next year and itís the police side of things.

Normally Iíd be thinking the same as you, surely they canít be that corrupt etc but this is clear as day corruption imo. Even the fat DA does tours across the country to try convince people of guilt.

This case is rare with the attention it has. Canít see the justice system admitting they are wrong here. Imagine the pay day he will be up for now

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    They are making one. Should be out next year and it’s the police side of things.

Normally I’d be thinking the same as you, surely they can’t be that corrupt etc but this is clear as day corruption imo. Even the fat DA does tours across the country to try convince people of guilt.

This case is rare with the attention it has. Can’t see the justice system admitting they are wrong here. Imagine the pay day he will be up for now
    Oh yeah, just want the other perspective.

The DA and the cop they point the finger at most often (Colbourn) make my skin crawl. If those two aren't involved in some kind of pedo ring then I'd be shocked. Like there isn't one piece of footage of those two that ever makes me think they're not lying scumbags.

To be fair, Brendan's mother is also complete and utter trash as a human and they're almost certainly trying to paint her positively so can only imagine how bad she really is if you went through a neutral lens.

New governor and attorney general for the state as well so that could possibly change things moving forward.

What it really highlights is how important money really is when it comes to the US (and I'd wager our) legal systems are. If you don't have the right lawyers who are able to do the right tests then you can easily rot for things you didn't do. This one goes that step further with the cops, more than likely, framing Avery but still just crazy.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    Oh yeah, just want the other perspective.

The DA and the cop they point the finger at most often (Colbourn) make my skin crawl. If those two aren't involved in some kind of pedo ring then I'd be shocked. Like there isn't one piece of footage of those two that ever makes me think they're not lying scumbags.

To be fair, Brendan's mother is also complete and utter trash as a human and they're almost certainly trying to paint her positively so can only imagine how bad she really is if you went through a neutral lens.

New governor and attorney general for the state as well so that could possibly change things moving forward.

What it really highlights is how important money really is when it comes to the US (and I'd wager our) legal systems are. If you don't have the right lawyers who are able to do the right tests then you can easily rot for things you didn't do. This one goes that step further with the cops, more than likely, framing Avery but still just crazy.
    Money is even more important in this case. Avery was about to win 36mil off the state and probably bankrupt the town.

I actually thought his lawyers were pretty good after watching season 1. But your point of character portrayal is right because season 2 has me believing they werenít up to it.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Also in the last month I've watched...

Better Call Saul - This one makes Breaking Bad look fast moving for mine, took until the 4th season to even really get to Saul. It's good though and hopefully going to get better and better from here.

Billions - First season only, it's good but I'm not finding it absorbing as yet, basically sliding towards background show that I'm interested in but not committed, hoping it gets better though as has been reported.

Band of Brothers - I'll be honest, didn't really love it. I'd watched the first 3-4 episodes a half dozen times and never really gotten into it and this time I powered through and never really did. I think it's just that basically just the story with no real characterization going on but I struggled to even tell who half the characters were, if it wasn't an actor I knew from something else then I basically couldn't tell half of them apart, didn't even learn the names of half of them. I mean the cinematography and all that was awesome but I just had very little attachment to it if that makes sense. It's worth watching, don't want to be overly negative, but it's certainly not near the top of my list like it is with critics generally.

Westworld Season 2 - I can definitely see this one is going down the same rabbit hole that Lost did, I mean it was alright but noting on the first season and just seemed to be complicated for the sake of being complicated. I'll watch the next season (this is a show you have to binge rather than one episode at a time, imo) but I'm not overly enthused. Probably hurt by barely any Hopkins in it who was the star of the first season.

Ballers - latest season was just way too political, this one really jumped the shark in season 3. It's still an incredibly poor mans Entourage that takes itself way too seriously.

Mr Inbetween - Kind of dark, I enjoyed it though, short and quick which is always nice as well. Will continue watching future seasons.

Nirvanna The Show - Had it's moments but not really my style, it's like the characters are too intelligent to be that stupid, if that makes sense. It's trying to go down the path of Workaholics only they went all in on the characters being stupid and this half assed it.

Bojack - So good, I mean it's incredibly not funny most of the time but it's actually a genuinely good show but so depressing. It's basically nothing that I expected it would be at this point and one of the best shows on TV.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    Money is even more important in this case. Avery was about to win 36mil off the state and probably bankrupt the town.

I actually thought his lawyers were pretty good after watching season 1. But your point of character portrayal is right because season 2 has me believing they weren’t up to it.
    His lawyers in season one got the hero treatment but I was asking a ton of the same questions during season one that his new lawyer was asking and you could see even then they got often got stumped at times that they really shouldn't have. Not sure if they were not good enough or just had limited resources.

Yeah the motive for why the police railroaded him is obvious.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Better Call Saul - Agree on all fronts. Be interesting to see how long they plan on having this series go for, almost as many as Breaking Bad! Wonder what they'll do when it gets to the timeline of Breaking Bad - do they sort of have him doing that without those characters showing? Do they time skip past it to see the after?

Billions grew on me, once I finished the latest season (4?) I was really keen to watch the 5th which isn't out.

Currently watching Power, up to season 5. It's such a generic script, feels like something a robot would pump out after reading how TV shows are made. That said, it's easy enough watching that I'm happy to just cruise through it over trying to figure out a new show to watch.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Better Call Saul - Agree on all fronts. Be interesting to see how long they plan on having this series go for, almost as many as Breaking Bad! Wonder what they'll do when it gets to the timeline of Breaking Bad - do they sort of have him doing that without those characters showing? Do they time skip past it to see the after?

Billions grew on me, once I finished the latest season (4?) I was really keen to watch the 5th which isn't out.

Currently watching Power, up to season 5. It's such a generic script, feels like something a robot would pump out after reading how TV shows are made. That said, it's easy enough watching that I'm happy to just cruise through it over trying to figure out a new show to watch.
    Billions is solid and I can see it going a good path. Think Billions is hard because there isn't a single character that is likeable, like you've got the criminal billionaire as probably the most likeable character. I'm interested to see where they go with it, I'm all for a show with only bad guys because I love when the bad guys win (part of why Breaking Bad is so good) but it's kind of hard to have literally no likeable characters over an entire season.

My to watch list seems to grow faster than I can knock things off. Part of it is that I struggle to watch shows non-binge these days, even from season to season, so I end up waiting until I have like 4 seasons worth and then it's such a monumental task to start!

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post

Billions is solid and I can see it going a good path. Think Billions is hard because there isn't a single character that is likeable, like you've got the criminal billionaire as probably the most likeable character. I'm interested to see where they go with it, I'm all for a show with only bad guys because I love when the bad guys win (part of why Breaking Bad is so good) but it's kind of hard to have literally no likeable characters over an entire season.

My to watch list seems to grow faster than I can knock things off. Part of it is that I struggle to watch shows non-binge these days, even from season to season, so I end up waiting until I have like 4 seasons worth and then it's such a monumental task to start!

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Wags>>>>

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Teams
    LA Lakers, Celtic, Victory, Stars
    Rep Level
    Carolina Panthers Los Angeles Lakers Sydney Roosters
    Billions s1 was boring trash, but after that, I'd argue its the best show on TV.

Wasn't a huge fan of Making A Murderer S2. It just seemed like it was a popular vehicle used by that skeletor looking woman to promote herself, and a lengthy "previously on season 1...." recap of the rest.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    End of S3 was great so glad they ddnt go with Chuck v axe too long

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Rep Level
    Chicago Bulls Western Bulldogs
    Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    Billions s1 was boring trash, but after that, I'd argue its the best show on TV.

Wasn't a huge fan of Making A Murderer S2. It just seemed like it was a popular vehicle used by that skeletor looking woman to promote herself, and a lengthy "previously on season 1...." recap of the rest.
    Making a murderer season 2 uuugh Im bored with this white trash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Im the hero football needs and deserves you will find

Rep Level
    Finally got around to starting GLOW last night.

only a few episodes in but really enjoying it

Teams
    Rep Level
    It's pretty mind numbing, bit of eye candy and easy enough when you just want to watch something.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Alison Brie in spandex certainly has my interest piqued.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Glow is the wrestling one? I think itís Alison Brie out of spandex that piqued my Ďinterestí

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Have watched 3.5 seasons of Empire, will finish this season but wont bother going any further...

If I was a black person I'd be insulted by the show to be honest, basically every character is a complete fucking moron, the main female character went from a well educated and spoken young lady to a complete and utter hoodrat simply by dating a guy who while a "gangster" is still well spoken and calm in general and they're probably the "smartest" characters.

Basically it's like a well produced soapie. The RnB artist has every single song sound the same so after a season you'll just want to skip every song he sings and for some reason he's the main artist in it.

It's a show that a few episodes into the first season I had high hopes for and I kind of gave it a chance on the 3rd season to correct the trainwreck and honestly don't know why I'm watching the 4th season other than to finish what I'd downloaded.

In short, would not bother watching unless you like Days of our Lives level writing and incredibly stupid characters who constantly leave you just shaking your head or you really love generic pop RnB (The rap isn't bad but it's like one song a season so not worth watching for)... I really hope the writers were all white because if they're not and they're actually writing real characters then it's just fucking scary...