Close

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
Results 1,451 to 1,457 of 1457
    Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Quote Originally Posted by whale View Post
    Looking at buying a new PC - since the start of COVID I took me work PC home and have been using it for gaming but finally have to take it back into work next month.Was looking to spend around $1000, saw this on Ozbargain which looks pretty good. dylan123 or anyone else got any thoughts if this is a good deal? https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/627861
    Looks decent. I agree with the ozbargain comments on the power supply, my only other question mark would be on the SSD. If 240 is enough for what you're thinking then no dramas, but I'd be looking at adding more. Whether that be a standard hard drive or a second SSD is up to you, Windows will obviously chew up a decent chunk of that 240GB too, but I notice they allow you to customise both the OS SSD and a secondary one if you choose. I don't know anything about that motherboard, maybe someone else here has some intel on them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    I just smash the keyboard and hope.

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    For $1,188, seems pretty reasonable given the graphics card seems to be worth about $800 alone.

AMD cpu's are leading the market currently so no complaints on that front either.

Agree with Rumblah about SSD + PSU. I went for a 1tb NVMe SSD drive a while ago just so I wouldn't have to mess around, certainly not needed, just a nice to have. I got this one a couple of years ago and it's gone well - https://www.pccasegear.com/products/...2-nvme-ssd-1tb.

Worth noting that it doesn't seem to include an operating system which might push the price up a bit more.

Overall, seems a pretty reasonably priced system but I haven't kept a close eye on stuff lately (but hear lots complaining about everything going up in price).

Rep Level
    Western Bulldogs Liverpool
    Long story short, GPUs have been horribly priced for 9mths or so now and only just coming down in price. This has affected everything, so a gpu that should cost say $400AUD now cost $700 etc.

In terms of that deal, you're basically paying for the GPU, with the rest worth $500 or so at best. Would definitely agree to changing the PSU. If you're going to do it through them, take the Bronze not the Gold as the Gold is likely to be a Gigabyte P750GM or P850GM which are both death traps.

Teams
    Essendon, Arsenal
    Rep Level
    Essendon Bombers Arsenal NULL
    Thanks lads, I will grab it with the bronze PSU and a larger SSD.

Do you think 16gb ram will be enough or should I get upgrade to 32gb?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    fuck i cant wait till dinner hope we get take away
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    ended up getting kfc

wowowowowow

Rep Level
    16gb should be fine

You can always upgrade the ram later on.

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    16gb is fine. 32 gb is nice to have, I've got 16 at the moment and don't really have many issues outside of when I get my 50 odd tabs open and other stuff.

Even then, ram hardly hits 100%

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    It's all the other numbers on RAM that matters more these days, 16GB will be enough for everything but video processing and CAD work and even then you'll probably survive unless you're at the intense end of those uses.

It's a terrible time to be buying a PC right now because of the extreme GPU shortage, at the moment GPUs are going for more than it cost for an entire high end system 18 months ago, it's actually legit crazy.

That one's not bad value all things considered though, as the others have said, you're just about getting everything else for free with the markup on the card. Worth noting that's previous gen on the whole system, the RTX 2060 is the previous generation budget card that should be in the $300 range by now but is instead going in the $850+ range but that's the market.

Can probably build a much better system for that amount if you've got an older card and wait for the card prices to get back to reality before getting the final part but if you need a full system that's not a bad price at all.