Close

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Phones

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Quote Originally Posted by sblack View Post
    If you waited two hours after you posted that. Was announced this morning. Pre order tomorrow release next Friday.

Let me know if you/anyone wants a phone for special RZ discount one time offer first 10 callers
    Thought it was a day away yolo

Yep, I’m keen. Will need to read about what they’ve released later today

Rep Level
    Apparently it won’t come with a 3.5mm jack adapter

Fucking Apple

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    If you aren't on dat dere wireless headphone time then fucking lol

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    Only a dude without a headphone jack in his phone would say that

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    Only a dude without a headphone jack in his phone would say that
    I've got a headphone jack and non poverty headphones.

My headphones cost more than my phone my phone is poverty as all fuck

#broughtback

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows
    Standard S iteration of the new iPhone I see. Make the internals a bit better without changing much else. Good if you're due for an upgrade but not enough to inspire many to jump after a year.

Teams
    Philadelphia Eagles, Brisbane Lions, Sixers, Hoyas, United, Roma
    Rep Level
    Philadelphia Eagles Man Utd Roma
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi View Post
    Standard S iteration of the new iPhone I see. Make the internals a bit better without changing much else. Good if you're due for an upgrade but not enough to inspire many to jump after a year.
    The X is only on sale for a couple days. Price dropped $100. Can still order if @pisspanes wants one of those
    TTP

Teams
    Rep Level
    And yeah airpods are OP for any iPhone user. Simplest wireless headphone ever
    TTP

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    I bought a few different pairs of bluetooth headphones in he UK but didn't like them and sent them back (dem amazon privileges)

just use default apple headphones and that's how i like it
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    You're being a massive Clint

Teams
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    I bought a few different pairs of bluetooth headphones in he UK but didn't like them and sent them back (dem amazon privileges)

just use default apple headphones and that's how i like it
    try airpods if you like apple headphones.
    TTP

Teams
    Essendon, Arsenal
    Rep Level
    Essendon Bombers Arsenal NULL
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    If you aren't on dat dere wireless headphone time then fucking lol

Yeah I'll just throw out all my old headphones and buy new ones great idea
    In remembrance...

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    fuck i cant wait till dinner hope we get take away
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    ended up getting kfc

wowowowowow
    R.I.P

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Also stops you being able to use any device with an AUX port which can suck D at times.

Obviously you can get connectors but it's just a pain in the ass, hate that lots of phone companies are moving away from the headphone jack.

Rep Level
    I wouldn't be so annoyed about it if Apple used a standard usb C port. But to replace the headphone jack with a proprietary connection is just shitty.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    I've got a headphone jack and non poverty headphones.

My headphones cost more than my phone my phone is poverty as all fuck

No, I prefer my music to actually sound good

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    God you phaggots are easy to rustle up. Obviously I'm against any kind of apple cuntery

#broughtback

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    The Lightning thing is the issue with Apple doing it compared to, you know, every other company.

I bought a Huawei tablet to replace the ipad, best decision ever to be honest. For tablet purposes Apple is a piece of shit because it means converting every video to their shitty formats so you can actually watch stuff on your tablet when traveling. It also doesn't have a headphone jack but to be honest that's just not a factor as I haven't used corded headphones in 12 months now and prior to that I only used them for my old noise cancelling set that I refused to replace until they died (5 years a solid innings given what they've been through), for training I don't know why anyone would use anything but BT these days.

Genuinely makes me consider the move to Android for my next phone as well if I'm honest. Apple I'm kind of instituionalised but realistically if I never had to use iTunes again, that would be fucking amazing (useless bloated piece of shit that it is). Really the only reason for me to stay is all the Apps that I've bought and that all my music and, more importantly, it's ratings are in iTunes but given I'd like to get away from iTunes that's really only a half reason. (I'm 20+ years into the mp3 game, I ain't getting out now).

Would love if some of the good phones would start making dual sim cards, never having to do the sim card change for a fucking OTP from my bank would be amazeballs, honestly if someone did that without the sacrifices they all force on you, they'd have me. Honestly can't believe the dual sim card market isn't a lot bigger. If you travel for more than like a week to anywhere then you pretty much would buy a dual sim card version if it wasn't pure poverty.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    The Lightning thing is the issue with Apple doing it compared to, you know, every other company.

I bought a Huawei tablet to replace the ipad, best decision ever to be honest. For tablet purposes Apple is a piece of shit because it means converting every video to their shitty formats so you can actually watch stuff on your tablet when traveling. It also doesn't have a headphone jack but to be honest that's just not a factor as I haven't used corded headphones in 12 months now and prior to that I only used them for my old noise cancelling set that I refused to replace until they died (5 years a solid innings given what they've been through), for training I don't know why anyone would use anything but BT these days.

Genuinely makes me consider the move to Android for my next phone as well if I'm honest. Apple I'm kind of instituionalised but realistically if I never had to use iTunes again, that would be fucking amazing (useless bloated piece of shit that it is). Really the only reason for me to stay is all the Apps that I've bought and that all my music and, more importantly, it's ratings are in iTunes but given I'd like to get away from iTunes that's really only a half reason. (I'm 20+ years into the mp3 game, I ain't getting out now).

Would love if some of the good phones would start making dual sim cards, never having to do the sim card change for a fucking OTP from my bank would be amazeballs, honestly if someone did that without the sacrifices they all force on you, they'd have me. Honestly can't believe the dual sim card market isn't a lot bigger. If you travel for more than like a week to anywhere then you pretty much would buy a dual sim card version if it wasn't pure poverty.
    that's not true, you can use the vlc player app to watch any video format on any apple device

also 20 or so years in the mp3 game (intergalactic by the beastie boys was my first ever track i'm pretty sure), paid streaming can ead

google music locker is pretty good for streaming your own mp3 collection when you don't have space to keep everything you want on your phone

Veteran
    Rep Level
    that's not true, you can use the vlc player app to watch any video format on any apple device

also 20 or so years in the mp3 game (intergalactic by the beastie boys was my first ever track i'm pretty sure), paid streaming can ead

google music locker is pretty good for streaming your own mp3 collection when you don't have space to keep everything you want on your phone
    Never got into VLC on it as I used to use for my AppleTV as well... I'm now on the Amazon Fire, Huawei tablet and just the iPhone left! Even with VLC looks like a pain in the ass to deal with compared to just loading it up on the PC like I can now!

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Adelaide United, Everton
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Everton NULL
    about 15 years into the mp3 game, but pulled the plug this year and moved to Apple Music, took me a long time to get my head around no physical product, but I am at peace with my decision now
    We demand an investigation into the replacement of referee Rafshan Irmatov and his departure at a difficult time in such an important match. We ask for an examination of the grassland that was not suitable for the Syrian team, while Australian players seem to be wearing shoes that cling to the long grass, so we saw Syrian players fall during the game, while Australia's players are steady.

Rep Level
    I'm not paying for streaming until I can get all the music from one place. Fucking annoying having key albums on one service but not another and vice versa

Rep Level
    WCE
    There aren't enough compact smartphones on the market. Need an Android phone with a 4-inch screen.

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Yeah phones are pretty obsessed with massive screen sizes which I think is an overkill, those XL ones must be too big to fit in pockets pretty much.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    I finally upgraded my iPhone as I got sick of it basically needing to be plugged into a charger 24/7 but the stupid thing doesn't actually recognise when a cable is plugged in half the time (a problem I've had on every Apple phone ever). Went to the Huawei Mate 20 Pro to get away from iTunes as the cancer it is and not regretting at all..

Camera is A+, such an improvement but probably not a huge leap from the other newer phones.

Face login is amazing. Had no idea I needed this in my life but it's amazingly good and easy. Also having the fingerprint scanner actually work first time is such a blessing after dealing with Apple's piece of shit scanner for the past couple of years. Not having to try and find what ninja disjointed angle the scanner wants my finger on that particular login attempt is amazing. Big win here.

Apps are the big loss of moving to Android. Going to have to learn how to install without using Google Play as there are a couple of apps that aren't supported and then the few apps that don't exist on Android at all are really brutal as well. This is the easily biggest factor where Apple wins but will be trying to get around it. That Google Pay is one of the apps not supported (and isn't a native app, wtf?) is the single biggest issue because that's a real pain in the ass.

Battery life is incredible, can go 2 full days without charging and even if I couldn't it takes an hour to fully charge the thing and the cables just work, don't need to buy a new cable every couple of months because the iPhone can't recognise a cable if it's not basically brand new (such a shit element on Apple phones). Haven't tried wireless charging but I'm sure it's great.

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    I'm also team Huawei. Don't give a shit if the Chinese are spying on me, they make a good fuckin phone.

I still have the Mate 10 Pro for another year on my contract, basically paying 40 a month for the phone and 20GB of data.

Battery life and camera are incredible. However the one thing that annoys me with the camera is that I can't figure out how to just take a normal picture. No matter what it creates that focus effect of either making the foreground clear and the background blurry or vice versa.

The latest software update rustled me a bit as it seems to have completely removed the Google Play icon if you have the Home Screen Style as 'Standard' (where all apps are displayed by swiping right) but not if you select 'Drawer' (where there's a specific apps button and you can then scroll down or search by name).

I guess I have to change to the 'Drawer' setting eventually (which is actually much cleaner, but firstly need to remember what folders etc. I have set up to save time as opposed to scrolling all the way down to Tapa etc.)

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    iOS8>iOS12