Close

Thread: Headphones

Rep Level
    WCE

Headphones

Found a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 noise cancelling headphones. The vocal prompt is a very strong Chinese accent and female voice which is annoying but other than that, very good piece of equipment.
    Fear whom reflects within.

Rep Level
    WCE
    Found a pair of unused Harman/Kardon Soho Wireless headphones RRP. $380.00. Sound is very crisp.

If anybody is chucking out better headphones than these, I might just get them!
    Last edited by Eagle E; 2nd November 2021 at 06:41 AM.

Rep Level
    WCE
    Found a pair of Beats headphones the other day in a household rubbish bin which was overfilled and basically asking for it :goodes:

The model is Soho Wireless. Despite the manufacturing quality control which Beats audio equipment is renowned, the company produces items which are primarily suited for rap/hip-hop music. The engineering process of has been especially focussed on bass tones and the product result is overall dissatisfaction for consumers with eclectic musical interests and experience with other high quality brand names of personal audio equipment. Beats and their fanatical hip-hop loyal customer base are insular and lacking in integrity.

I got a pair of earphones by manufacturer Shure which have provided high satisfaction. I would certainly buy their headphones unless I find a pair in someone's trash.

Shure ftw

Rep Level
    WCE
    https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/colle...RoC9P4QAvD_BwE

Shure engineers are no chumps and their products are not for chumps. Bose, Harman Kardon, Bang + Olufsen, Sennheiser, Technics, Jabra, Beats and other manufacturers produce comparable models which do not provide quality of sound, durability, comfort and structural design which can justify preference over Shure.

Yamaha probably comes close but Shure is in their own league.

I have met only one other person with experience using a Shure product - which was my younger brother IIRC - and they too expressed remarkably high satisfaction. I have only become aware of this brand on the past few years and via a pair of earphones collected from either hard rubbish or dumpster diving so am very fortunate.

Shure - Very highly recommended.