Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    Bubble Bobble
    Played this a lot at a friends, never had it though. Think the same people made Parasol Stars (similar concept), and I played the shit out of that.

Golden Axe and Double Dragon also legit

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    Best beat em ups for sure

Teams
    New Orleans Saints, Geelong, Liverpool, OKC
    Rep Level
    New Orleans Saints Geelong Cats Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes View Post
    think Narkee knows about Archon too

I actually have an amiga emulator for mac, but could never get it to work properly (or find most of the good games anyway)
    Archon was fucking brilliant!!

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Double Dragon was a great one. Golden Axe I didn't play until much older as a non-Sega owner and none of my friends had it either.

Mutant League Ice Hockey was another phenomenal game on Sega.

Faxanadu was probably my personal favourite NES game. it seemed so much fancier in my childhood than when I replayed as an adult though!

Unirally was an ultra underrated SNES title, Chrono Trigger is forever though as the best game on that console.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Pacman, River Run and Oils Well were the games I can remember playing on Atari, which given that is now 25 years ago is pretty impressive I reckon!

Also just thought of an old school PC game called Diggers which I'd love to see a well made remake of because it was cool as shit.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    Best beat em ups for sure
    I still vote Battletoads for that category

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    Pacman, River Run and Oils Well were the games I can remember playing on Atari, which given that is now 25 years ago is pretty impressive I reckon!

Also just thought of an old school PC game called Diggers which I'd love to see a well made remake of because it was cool as shit.
    You mean digger or dig dug? A little tractor fucking around under the earth collecting diamonds?

Veteran
    Rep Level
    You mean digger or dig dug? A little tractor fucking around under the earth collecting diamonds?
    Digger, it was one of those $5 grab box type games (might have been even less, I'm talking like 94 or 95 here), you had stupid little goblin things that dug mines to try and find different gems. It wasn't a great game as much as a great concept in my admittedly limited memory.

It also reminds me of a few other great games from that period, Ultima 7, Spirit of Excalibur, Syndicate (and Wars), Might and Magic (and Heroes of) and Dungeon Keeper! Also Theme Hospital for the previous Theme Park mention was a great follow up game!

Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    Anyone remember Pengo and its bloody catchy music.

I swear I have only played the game a couple of times when I was younger but that song(which I now know is a remix)

And of course, Donkey Kongs SNES music was bloody fantastic as well. Good gameplay as well.
    Scunthorpe

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Digger, it was one of those $5 grab box type games (might have been even less, I'm talking like 94 or 95 here), you had stupid little goblin things that dug mines to try and find different gems. It wasn't a great game as much as a great concept in my admittedly limited memory.

It also reminds me of a few other great games from that period, Ultima 7, Spirit of Excalibur, Syndicate (and Wars), Might and Magic (and Heroes of) and Dungeon Keeper! Also Theme Hospital for the previous Theme Park mention was a great follow up game!
    Syndicate holy shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    You're being a massive Clint

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    Syndicate holy shit
    Would love a Syndicate remake as well.

Loved the shit out of X-Com: Terror from the Deep, another candidate on the hardest game I've ever played list. Never did get around to playing the new versions.

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level

yup thats the one.

is the syndicate one the game where you had like 4 guys to control, but you could give one of em a mind control gun and they'd convert any civilian you crossed paths with you join your group, and they'd pick up guns and fight with you? to the point where you had a fkn mob of people gunning down the city?

theme hospital was a good one. and bloody heroes of might and magic is still getting a run from me today! have been using the map editor to make a big ass game of thrones map (on HOMM3). another addictive game that you can spend hours on.

Teams
    Adelaide, Adelaide United, Sunderland
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Sunderland
    I have vague memories of playing a game called Leisuresuit Larry.

Can't remember too much about it but my mum didn't approve
    Formerly known as meh

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Did I become this awesome or was it something I was born with?

Im not sure myself. I think it is one of those things where I was born with a crop of awesome and then I have kind of watered the gardens, tended to the farm and created this farmable mass of fantastic brilliance. I have so much to give and share out but just not enough hours in the day to give it all out.

Its hard sometimes

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Adelaide United, Everton
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Everton NULL
    Yeah spent hours of year 9 & 10 on Footy Fanatic, still remember Ryan Fitzgerald & Ben Finnin turned into absolute freaks for Adelaide in the 2002 rosters. Never was really into console games as a kid so spent a heap of time on AoE2, Rollercoaster Tycoon & Sim Golf.

I remember my dad got me this game called GP2 made by a group called Microprose, the game was so far ahead of it's time from a technical standpoint of being able to adjust every detail on the car, also one of the first games to have collision damage.

Pokemon took up a massive chunk of childhood gaming memories, the mystery of the "Truck" and Missingno on Pokemon Blue was pretty alltime too. I found out that a bloke that traded me his Steelix in Pokemon Gold had now served 3 years in jail.
    We demand an investigation into the replacement of referee Rafshan Irmatov and his departure at a difficult time in such an important match. We ask for an examination of the grassland that was not suitable for the Syrian team, while Australian players seem to be wearing shoes that cling to the long grass, so we saw Syrian players fall during the game, while Australia's players are steady.

Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Denver Nuggets Denver Broncos
    Remember playing Vietcong with my bro on LAN. Fun times even against the bots. Multiple crashes trying to fly the helicopter

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fools Gold View Post
    Yeah spent hours of year 9 & 10 on Footy Fanatic, still remember Ryan Fitzgerald & Ben Finnin turned into absolute freaks for Adelaide in the 2002 rosters. Never was really into console games as a kid so spent a heap of time on AoE2, Rollercoaster Tycoon & Sim Golf.

I remember my dad got me this game called GP2 made by a group called Microprose, the game was so far ahead of it's time from a technical standpoint of being able to adjust every detail on the car, also one of the first games to have collision damage.

Pokemon took up a massive chunk of childhood gaming memories, the mystery of the "Truck" and Missingno on Pokemon Blue was pretty alltime too. I found out that a bloke that traded me his Steelix in Pokemon Gold had now served 3 years in jail.
    Holy shit I was going to mention GP2, that game was ridiculous. One of my mates had a steering wheel and we absolutely flogged that game to death.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    yup thats the one.

is the syndicate one the game where you had like 4 guys to control, but you could give one of em a mind control gun and they'd convert any civilian you crossed paths with you join your group, and they'd pick up guns and fight with you? to the point where you had a fkn mob of people gunning down the city?

theme hospital was a good one. and bloody heroes of might and magic is still getting a run from me today! have been using the map editor to make a big ass game of thrones map (on HOMM3). another addictive game that you can spend hours on.
    Honestly my memory of Syndicate is just that I loved it, it was basically a real time version of XCom only you're fighting other gangs.

Speaking of gangs, Gangster was another awesome game that I really enjoyed.

Also just thought of Settlers, I loved the first version of that game, 2nd was also a good game and thinking of that makes me also think of Beasts and Bumpkins for a stupid name but awesome fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Davola View Post
    I have vague memories of playing a game called Leisuresuit Larry.

Can't remember too much about it but my mum didn't approve
    Haha my mum actually played that game and then told me I wasn't allowed to.

Holy shit I was going to mention GP2, that game was ridiculous. One of my mates had a steering wheel and we absolutely flogged that game to death.
    GP2 makes me think of my all time favourite racing game... Road Rash, don't know if many played it but it's basically warfar on a motorbike. Carmageddon and Taxi were also good car games I can remember.

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Adelaide United, Everton
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Everton NULL
    Yeah I had an old Microsoft joystck which copped a hiding when playing that and FIFA 98 "Road to the World Cup" too.
    We demand an investigation into the replacement of referee Rafshan Irmatov and his departure at a difficult time in such an important match. We ask for an examination of the grassland that was not suitable for the Syrian team, while Australian players seem to be wearing shoes that cling to the long grass, so we saw Syrian players fall during the game, while Australia's players are steady.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Honestly my memory of Syndicate is just that I loved it, it was basically a real time version of XCom only you're fighting other gangs.

Speaking of gangs, Gangster was another awesome game that I really enjoyed.

Also just thought of Settlers, I loved the first version of that game, 2nd was also a good game and thinking of that makes me also think of Beasts and Bumpkins for a stupid name but awesome fun game.

Haha my mum actually played that game and then told me I wasn't allowed to.

GP2 makes me think of my all time favourite racing game... Road Rash, don't know if many played it but it's basically warfar on a motorbike. Carmageddon and Taxi were also good car games I can remember.
    Road rash and carmageddon
    Quote Originally Posted by Fools Gold View Post
    Yeah I had an old Microsoft joystck which copped a hiding when playing that and FIFA 98 "Road to the World Cup" too.
    Fucking loved that game too, had it on playstation tho

Teams
    Essendon, Arsenal
    Rep Level
    Essendon Bombers Arsenal NULL
    Road rash 2 when u get the chain and start wrecking cunts
    In remembrance...

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    fuck i cant wait till dinner hope we get take away
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    ended up getting kfc

wowowowowow
    R.I.P

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by whale View Post
    Road rash 2 when u get the chain and start wrecking cunts

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    There's actually a new road rash coming out

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Spent a lot of my pocket money playing these bad boys

And I had time crisis on playstation which fucking rocked my world being able to shoot at the tv

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Spent a lot of my pocket money playing these bad boys

And I had time crisis on playstation which fucking rocked my world being able to shoot at the tv

The old putting the gun against the screen in Duck Hunt is what Time Crisis brings to mind.