Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Adelaide United, Everton
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Everton NULL
    Hoping someone with internet expertise can gimme a hand here Dev Two fender dylan123

so....

The online store I run (sweetneon.com.au) has not been able to be accessed by Telstra Broadband customers over the past week, had heaps of emails from customers saying that they are getting a "Safari cannot open the page, because Safari cannot find the server" error, or something similar depending on what browser they are using. I was able to pinpoint the issue to Telstra customers only, because as soon as you jump off your wifi connection and use your mobile data you are able to access the website no worries, or if you change your DNS server settings to say Google's (8.8.8.4, 8.8.8.8) while still on your Telstra connection, you can access it no worries. I'm completely at a loss of what to do now and really starting to tear my hair out because it's been happening for nearly over a week now and I know i'm definitely losing customers. Makes it worse that this is an intermittent issue and can be working one minute but then down the next, then up again and 5 mins later it's back down.

The domain is hosted with GoDaddy and all they pretty much wiped their hands of it because they are just domain hosting.

The website is hosted with Shopify and they say they can't do anything because it's an ISP based issue (even though I tried explaining that the majority of the population have home WiFi with Telstra). What makes it worse is because GoDaddy and Shopify aren't based in AU, they are obviously unable to recreate the issue.

I've tried calling Telstra but as you can imagine they gave me the whole (have you tried resetting your router or upgrading to NBN spiel), I managed to speak to someone from L2 support last night and was supposed to get a callback within 30 mins....last night, obviously still waiting on the callback which isn't coming. It pisses me off more that I have found a few posts on their CrowdSupport forum with people having the EXACT same issue as me, but I never find a solution at the bottom of it.

Don't know where to go from here. Hoping someone might have an idea of what I could ask for from one of the 3 stooges (Telstra, GoDaddy, Shopify) if that will fix something up, but I can't afford to let this just hopefully go away.

I tried pinging the IP " 204.93.213.45 " and I get a cannot resolve Sweet Neon Unknown host
    Same sort of issue when i run a dig cmd (SERVFAIL).

<<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> Sweet Neon
    ;; global options: +cmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 32028
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;Sweet Neon. IN A

;; Query time: 11 msec
    ;; SERVER: 61.9.226.33#53(61.9.226.33)
    ;; WHEN: Mon Nov 17 22:53:02 2014
    ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 38
    We demand an investigation into the replacement of referee Rafshan Irmatov and his departure at a difficult time in such an important match. We ask for an examination of the grassland that was not suitable for the Syrian team, while Australian players seem to be wearing shoes that cling to the long grass, so we saw Syrian players fall during the game, while Australia's players are steady.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Hoping someone with internet expertise can gimme a hand here Dev Two fender dylan123

so....

The online store I run (sweetneon.com.au) has not been able to be accessed by Telstra Broadband customers over the past week, had heaps of emails from customers saying that they are getting a "Safari cannot open the page, because Safari cannot find the server" error, or something similar depending on what browser they are using. I was able to pinpoint the issue to Telstra customers only, because as soon as you jump off your wifi connection and use your mobile data you are able to access the website no worries, or if you change your DNS server settings to say Google's (8.8.8.4, 8.8.8.8) while still on your Telstra connection, you can access it no worries. I'm completely at a loss of what to do now and really starting to tear my hair out because it's been happening for nearly over a week now and I know i'm definitely losing customers. Makes it worse that this is an intermittent issue and can be working one minute but then down the next, then up again and 5 mins later it's back down.

The domain is hosted with GoDaddy and all they pretty much wiped their hands of it because they are just domain hosting.

The website is hosted with Shopify and they say they can't do anything because it's an ISP based issue (even though I tried explaining that the majority of the population have home WiFi with Telstra). What makes it worse is because GoDaddy and Shopify aren't based in AU, they are obviously unable to recreate the issue.

I've tried calling Telstra but as you can imagine they gave me the whole (have you tried resetting your router or upgrading to NBN spiel), I managed to speak to someone from L2 support last night and was supposed to get a callback within 30 mins....last night, obviously still waiting on the callback which isn't coming. It pisses me off more that I have found a few posts on their CrowdSupport forum with people having the EXACT same issue as me, but I never find a solution at the bottom of it.

Don't know where to go from here. Hoping someone might have an idea of what I could ask for from one of the 3 stooges (Telstra, GoDaddy, Shopify) if that will fix something up, but I can't afford to let this just hopefully go away.

I tried pinging the IP " 204.93.213.45 " and I get a cannot resolve Sweet Neon Unknown host
    Same sort of issue when i run a dig cmd (SERVFAIL).

<<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> Sweet Neon
    ;; global options: +cmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 32028
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;Sweet Neon. IN A

;; Query time: 11 msec
    ;; SERVER: 61.9.226.33#53(61.9.226.33)
    ;; WHEN: Mon Nov 17 22:53:02 2014
    ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 38

*Ignore the auto hyperlink, supposed to be www. sweetneon.com.au
    We demand an investigation into the replacement of referee Rafshan Irmatov and his departure at a difficult time in such an important match. We ask for an examination of the grassland that was not suitable for the Syrian team, while Australian players seem to be wearing shoes that cling to the long grass, so we saw Syrian players fall during the game, while Australia's players are steady.

Teams
    West Coast, QPR, Seahawks
    Rep Level
    Seattle Seahawks WCE Queens Park Rangers
    The model you have used looks nice if that is of any help

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Dev or Fender might have a better idea, I know we recently had a similar problem at FFC which seems to have been fixed.

Would have thought it would be a problem on the telstra side though rather then something you can fix but I haven't really touched that side before so I'm not of much use.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by trigg View Post
    The model you have used looks nice if that is of any help
    Lol, thanks m8. Obviously thanks to my fantastic photography skills

yeah dylan123 as you can imagine Telstra are a bunch of fucks to deal with over an issue like this one. Only thing I can think of to pretty much pinpoint it to them is by running a traceroute and letting them know the IP of the server I'm having issues with.

absolute cunt of an issue to deal with, bloke I spoke to at GoDaddy said it will probably go away by itself but that could be in the next 24 hours or the next month and there's nothing to say it won't happen again, so super keen to get to the bottom of it.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Also if any RZ brahs girlfriends like anything on there, hmu and i'll flick you a discount code.

edit: and melaniej lol
    Last edited by Fools Gold; 19th November 2014 at 02:52 PM.

Teams
    North Melbourne, FC Barcelona
    Rep Level
    North Melbourne Kangaroos Barcelona Melbourne Storm
    I don't know much about this stuff, but I tried to ping your site's ip and it timed out, I also tried to traceroute it and it also timed out before reaching your site. I'm using Optus cable. That to me seems to indicate that it's a problem with your host.

Rep Level
    WCE Liverpool
    Old man origi needs some computer help

I have freenas set up on a HP microserver. I have set up two window shares. Each share as far as I can tell has the same permissions but from my computer I can't add a new folder to one of the window share files but can in the other. It says 'Destination Folder Access Denied'

Obviously something to do with the permissions but they look identical.

The only thing I can think of is that I connected the WD TV to the window share that is having the issue and I assume they are both under the guest account?

Please help

Teams
    Rep Level
    On the windows share folder, can you right click > properties > security > edit > add... > type 'everyone' > check names (should underline it) > ok. Select the everyone under the group or usernames and confirm the allow tickbox is ticked for read & execute.

Rep Level
    WCE Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    On the windows share folder, can you right click > properties > security > edit > add... > type 'everyone' > check names (should underline it) > ok. Select the everyone under the group or usernames and confirm the allow tickbox is ticked for read & execute.
    Thanks sorry for the delay..

I tried this but an error message came up

"Error Applying Security" name of message box

An error occurred while providing security information to:
    \\name of window share

Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied

Teams
    Rep Level
    Sounds like whatever account your logged into that you're trying to apply the permissions from doesn't have the privileges to do so, not sure though.

Has anyone tried cloning one hard drive to another? I've currently got my OS on a 128gb SSD, got a 250GB SSD and ran this clone program which copied the system files exactly which went to plan. I added it to the boot entry so I could boot from that, restarted and chose that one in which it loaded. Yet any changes I made on that SSD applied to the other one as well, so move 2gb file across and it did it to both SSD - so I wasn't entirely sure which one I was running off. Unplugged the 128GB one and tried to boot from the new cloned one again but it BSOD every time. I then put that sata point into the one where the 128GB one goes given the records would be exactly the same from the clone and the sata ports can sometimes be the diff. Anyways, eventually got to the login screen, put my deets in, loaded for ages before just loading a Windows temporary profile in which nothing was accessible.

Have any of you guys used a program to do this which has worked for you? If so, what was it called? Wanting to do this so I can avoid the fresh install as I hate trying to get everything back to how it was with the installs etc.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by origi View Post
    Thanks sorry for the delay..

I tried this but an error message came up

"Error Applying Security" name of message box

An error occurred while providing security information to:
    \\name of window share

Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied
    Had a similar problem ages ago. Found the link I used to solve it myself

1. On the root folder, right click, select properties, select security tab.
    2. Click Advanced
    3. The window that pops up should show the current owner. Click "Change." The "Select User or Group" pop up box appears.
    4. In the text box, type in your current user name (you should be an admin), and hit the "Check Names" button. Your name will be replaced with the "official" system name (i.e.,preceded by computer name and back slash).
    5. Click OK
    6. The box disappears, sending you back to the Advanced Security Settings window.
    7. A new tick box appears below owner, with the text "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" Select this tick box.
    8. I also selected the tick box "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object", but I think I had to run this twice - once with this box ticked and once without.
    9. Make sure that "everyone" appears on the Permission entries window, if not, click add. The same box that appears in step 4 shows up again. Type everyone, click "Check Names" and then "OK"
    9. Hit apply

Try that

Rep Level
    Sounds like whatever account your logged into that you're trying to apply the permissions from doesn't have the privileges to do so, not sure though.

Has anyone tried cloning one hard drive to another? I've currently got my OS on a 128gb SSD, got a 250GB SSD and ran this clone program which copied the system files exactly which went to plan. I added it to the boot entry so I could boot from that, restarted and chose that one in which it loaded. Yet any changes I made on that SSD applied to the other one as well, so move 2gb file across and it did it to both SSD - so I wasn't entirely sure which one I was running off. Unplugged the 128GB one and tried to boot from the new cloned one again but it BSOD every time. I then put that sata point into the one where the 128GB one goes given the records would be exactly the same from the clone and the sata ports can sometimes be the diff. Anyways, eventually got to the login screen, put my deets in, loaded for ages before just loading a Windows temporary profile in which nothing was accessible.

Have any of you guys used a program to do this which has worked for you? If so, what was it called? Wanting to do this so I can avoid the fresh install as I hate trying to get everything back to how it was with the installs etc.
    Is the issue here just the creation of a temporary profile? In that case you just have to go to the regedit.msc file and change your profiles. Instructions on this link

You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon

Teams
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Is the issue here just the creation of a temporary profile? In that case you just have to go to the regedit.msc file and change your profiles. Instructions on this link

You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon
    What happens is I try to log into my account, it does like the login loading thing for ages, then loads up a blank screen saying windows ins't legit. I force start explorer in which it then tells me it's loaded a temp profile.

I tried the above but it didn't work for me, think I'm going to try it from scratch again later on, maybe I just got unlucky - program I used to do it was EaseUS Todo Backup.

Rep Level
    What happens is I try to log into my account, it does like the login loading thing for ages, then loads up a blank screen saying windows ins't legit. I force start explorer in which it then tells me it's loaded a temp profile.

I tried the above but it didn't work for me, think I'm going to try it from scratch again later on, maybe I just got unlucky - program I used to do it was EaseUS Todo Backup.
    It sounds like you have just sent your profile over and none of your system settings then...

Most hard drive makers have their own cloning software anyway. Did you buy the same brand?

Teams
    Rep Level
    Nah, sent noob brother out to get them, told him to get sandisk (since that's what my 120gb one is) and he came back with samsung.

The settings must be there though or you wouldn't be able to load from the HDD.

Teams
    North Melbourne, Arsenal
    Rep Level
    WTF is with this stupid touch keyboard on Windows 8?

Something with the mousepad activates it but I can't work it out. When it's activated, the mousepad fucking stops working.

Pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by origi
    Eboue you are a beautiful, hard working man and inside 50s are an irrelevant stat x

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Eboue View Post
    WTF is with this stupid touch keyboard on Windows 8?

Something with the mousepad activates it but I can't work it out. When it's activated, the mousepad fucking stops working.

Pissing me off.
    This is the point I stopped reading

Downgrade to Windows 7 like a normal human

Rep Level

Oddly enough looking at this now I fixed this for someone not too long ago. Have to delete some regedit settings. You figure it out?

Teams
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Oddly enough looking at this now I fixed this for someone not too long ago. Have to delete some regedit settings. You figure it out?
    I ended up just using another cloning tool and it did the trick perfectly.

Teams
    Essendon, Arsenal
    Rep Level
    Essendon Bombers Arsenal NULL
    Google chrome keeps crashing every time i try and open it

Anyone know what the problem is/how to figure out what the problem is?
    dylan123 Dev Two rossi @whoever else
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In remembrance...

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    fuck i cant wait till dinner hope we get take away
    ended up getting kfc

wowowowowow
    R.I.P

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level
    Newcastle United Parramatta New York Knicks
    Need to upgrade to 10k laptop and/or NBN
    Picture Phife losing a battle, come on, get off it
    Put down the microphone son, surrender, forfeit

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Windows is going to notify you if there is a solution. Just be patient m8.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by whale View Post
    Google chrome keeps crashing every time i try and open it

Anyone know what the problem is/how to figure out what the problem is?
    dylan123 Dev Two rossi @whoever else
    Might be an extension/addon causing the issue, try running it without them - browser addons - How to start Chrome without plugins? - Super User

Basically just right click chrome > properties > shortcut > target > add the '--disable-plugins' and '--disable-extensions' to the end I think and see if that makes any difference.

Teams
    Essendon, Arsenal
    Rep Level
    Essendon Bombers Arsenal NULL
    Might be an extension/addon causing the issue, try running it without them - browser addons - How to start Chrome without plugins? - Super User

Basically just right click chrome > properties > shortcut > target > add the '--disable-plugins' and '--disable-extensions' to the end I think and see if that makes any difference.
    Nah didn't work, figured it out. Was comodo (no fucking idea why), had to add an exclusion.

google chrome has stopped working windows 7
    In remembrance...

fuck i cant wait till dinner hope we get take away
    ended up getting kfc

wowowowowow
    R.I.P