Close

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1182
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fools Gold View Post
    Looks like it's a quick blanket ban that's targeting pages that link to external websites.

BOM, Betoota Advocate, The Chaser, SA Health & SA Networks been blocked (just at a quick glance this morning). I'd suspect that as the appeals come through this will get fixed but it's gonna be an interesting final solution they'll have to come to
    Not really. Just blow him to pieces and threaten his replacement with the same until they turn it off

Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    ban the BoM, ban the Newcastle Jets

don't ban 7 nightly news Tasmania, or Win News Tasmania. They really have no idea.

Also, in the bomb Facebook camp.
    Scunthorpe

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level
    Newcastle United Parramatta New York Knicks
    I doubt Facebook even gives a fuck/knows that Tasmania is apart of Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Picture Phife losing a battle, come on, get off it
    Put down the microphone son, surrender, forfeit

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by fender View Post
    I doubt Facebook even gives a fuck/knows that Tasmania is apart of Australia.

THey will when the ballistic missle leaves the Tasmanian airbase heading right to Zuckerberg HQ.

Its just a no brainer for me atm and id argue to just plug him irregardless at this stage.

Teams
    Essendon, Arsenal
    Rep Level
    Essendon Bombers Arsenal NULL
    Yikes, somehow Facebook are making the Murdoch media looking like the good guys.

Small media and publishers are the real losers in this
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    fuck i cant wait till dinner hope we get take away
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMatthers
    ended up getting kfc

wowowowowow

Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    I do like seeing who is banned, who is not.

Mark Mcgowan is fine. Zak Kirkup, the leader of a Lib WA party, not.

NSW and Vic health departments are still up. SA and Qld, not.

Think the algorithm they used was a bit dodgy. Think it is an own goal by facebook.
    Scunthorpe

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyVanVeen View Post
    I do like seeing who is banned, who is not.

Mark Mcgowan is fine. Zak Kirkup, the leader of a Lib WA party, not.

NSW and Vic health departments are still up. SA and Qld, not.

Think the algorithm they used was a bit dodgy. Think it is an own goal by facebook.
    Its based on which sites have advertising features on there own website

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by whale View Post
    Yikes, somehow Facebook are making the Murdoch media looking like the good guys.

Small media and publishers are the real losers in this
    Yeah the little guy loses because the government takes bribes from the mainstream media to create a stupid law.

Standard operating procedure really.

Same as the lockdowns that are designed to directly benefit the big donors while screwing the crap out of the little guys or the whole GME stonks reaction.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    Yeah the little guy loses because the government takes bribes from the mainstream media to create a stupid law.

Standard operating procedure really.

Same as the lockdowns that are designed to directly benefit the big donors while screwing the crap out of the little guys or the whole GME stonks reaction.
    If big tech actually paid some tax in this country perhaps the government would be less inclined to rock their boat

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I think that there's a strong possibility that Miss Wolfie is in fact a virgin.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    If big tech actually paid some tax in this country perhaps the government would be less inclined to rock their boat

I mean if we didn't tax at such absurdly high rates to make avoiding as much of it as possible worth spending millions, they probably would.

Plus let's not act like Rupert and his mates are any better on that front, they just make bigger donations to the politicians...

Really, better to just screw the little guys to protect your donors though.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    I mean if we didn't tax at such absurdly high rates to make avoiding as much of it as possible worth spending millions, they probably would.

Plus let's not act like Rupert and his mates are any better on that front, they just make bigger donations to the politicians...

Really, better to just screw the little guys to protect your donors though.
    Don't see how the little guy gets screwed by this law once facebook get dragged kicking and screaming the negotiating table (as google has done with news corp)

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    It's pretty hard to compete with ~5% concessional tax rates paid on royalties for the exploitation/use of IP, which is often calculated as all bar 2-3% of AU operating profits.

Then you have the developing countries like India offering tax holidays for employing locals, Singapore too.

Big tech has been targeted repeatedly with new measures for years. The latest instalment is at an OECD level and due to be implemented by year end.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    Don't see how the little guy gets screwed by this law once facebook get dragged kicking and screaming the negotiating table (as google has done with news corp)
    Little guys are hardly getting that though are they, they'll just lose the free advertising and exposure because they wont be able to negotiate their own deals.

Don't know why Facebook would go to the table anyway. Rest of the world isn't doing it and it costs them nothing while hurting all the media businesses big time.

Rep Level
    Little guys are hardly getting that though are they, they'll just lose the free advertising and exposure because they wont be able to negotiate their own deals.

Don't know why Facebook would go to the table anyway. Rest of the world isn't doing it and it costs them nothing while hurting all the media businesses big time.
    EU will do it shortly. They would have done it before us if it wasnt for Covid. The actual concept came from the French parliament. Scomo and Rupert just latched onto it

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    It's pretty hard to compete with ~5% concessional tax rates paid on royalties for the exploitation/use of IP, which is often calculated as all bar 2-3% of AU operating profits.

Then you have the developing countries like India offering tax holidays for employing locals, Singapore too.

Big tech has been targeted repeatedly with new measures for years. The latest instalment is at an OECD level and due to be implemented by year end.
    Learned an awfully long time ago that 5% of something is better than 100% of nothing. Australia's 30% tax rate is basically constantly proving that and everyone keeps acting surprised by it.

If it was 10% the scope for it being worth spending millions on legal and accounting quickly becomes a genuine question.

The current rates just bleed the smaller guys while those with the ability will pay millions to avoid it successfully because there is so much incentive to do so because of how punitive the rates are currently in comparison to the competition.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level

Little guy can negotiate a revenue sharing deal of 0% if the exposure is what really matters

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level

General news discussion

I love how the government negotiation tactics of having a sook worked so well with China there trying it with Facebook as well. Bullying, makes you look bad etc

AFAIK the bill says if you don’t negotiate then you need to stop showing news content or it will go to arbitration. They haven’t negotiated so they took it down.

Globalist bullying dogs.

Rep Level
    I love how the government negotiation tactics of having a sook worked so well with China there trying it with Facebook as well. Bullying, makes you look bad etc

AFAIK the bill says if you don’t negotiate then you need to stop showing news content or it will go to arbitration. They haven’t negotiated so they took it down.

Globalist bullying dogs.

We kind of are the best person to be doing this. We are as self sufficient as a country can possibly be resource wise etc.

Veteran
    Rep Level

Globalist bullying dogs.

Check out all the sook pieces on news.com.au and the likes if you want to see a true melt.

They've had about 15 so far all utterly biased. One compared Zuck to a collapsing dictator if you want extreme exaggeration. It's weird to see them apply the Trump coverage to something else.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level

Globalist bullying dogs.

lol as if this move has anything to do with them obeying the law

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level

General news discussion

What’s it do with then? FB clearly willing to slap their dick around to prove a point on what ‘news’ is on the platform with banning everything.

What would them following the law look like? This is the intended consequence of the government bill no?

Dunno if I’m missing something but I also don’t understand what Facebook have to pay for, all the news corp pages etc only link to paywalled bullshit that they get to market on Facebook for free.

Guess FB get some advertising dollars from engagement of boomers arguing in the comments or something?

Last edited by fender; 21st February 2021 at 12:15 PM.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    What’s it do with then? FB clearly willing to slap their dick around to prove a point on what ‘news’ is on the platform with banning everything.
    You answered your question with your second sentence
    What would them following the law look like? This is the intended consequence of the government bill no?
    no

Dunno if I’m missing something but I also don’t understand what Facebook have to pay for, all the news corp pages etc only link to paywalled bullshit that they get to market on Facebook for free.

Guess FB get some advertising dollars from engagement of boomers arguing in the comments or something?

It's an anti trust law that dictates anyone with unfair market share of online advertising revenue has to
    a) come to an agreement for advertising revenue sharing with news outlets (as outlined previously any small news outlet reliant on facebook's exposure can elect to a 0% share of advertising revenue) or;
    b) a government committee will establish that revenue sharing model on their behalf or;
    c) the website has to block all content from their page

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    News organisation reeling after zuckbook has a hissy fit

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Adelaide United, Everton
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Everton NULL
    Front page of the Courier Mail - Saturday
    Facebook is planning a change which will allow pedophiles on it's Messenger service to escape detection. Australian police will lose up to 20,000 tip-offs a year about suspected child abuse. Kids will suffer horrendously. Predators won't be caught. But our authorities cannot convince the social media giant to change its mind. Does this make Mark Zuckerberg the....

MOST CALLOUS MAN IN THE WORLD

We demand an investigation into the replacement of referee Rafshan Irmatov and his departure at a difficult time in such an important match. We ask for an examination of the grassland that was not suitable for the Syrian team, while Australian players seem to be wearing shoes that cling to the long grass, so we saw Syrian players fall during the game, while Australia's players are steady.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fools Gold View Post
    Front page of the Courier Mail - Saturday
    Facebook is planning a change which will allow pedophiles on it's Messenger service to escape detection. Australian police will lose up to 20,000 tip-offs a year about suspected child abuse. Kids will suffer horrendously. Predators won't be caught. But our authorities cannot convince the social media giant to change its mind. Does this make Mark Zuckerberg the....

MOST CALLOUS MAN IN THE WORLD

No more need for whatsapp now I can send encrypted facebook messages to my drug dealer