Close

Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics Thread

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace

Politics Thread

The omnipotent his excellency lord tone the almighty has brought out the banz hammer on the ABC. Serves them right for being a bunch of commies right?

But seriously he ruled out any changes to public broadcast funding before the election so this is likely to bite him in the arse despite his calls that it's simply an efficiency dividend. Didn't think Shorten made enough political hay from question time today though, "how dare you call these people a waste!" Bill pls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    You're being a massive Clint

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Yeh 10/10 standard broken promise but the network has done itself no favours by tounging the ALP's balls.

Also lol @ Victorian ALP bending over for Union support, so fucking obvious that are wet toast without them. Got some letter from my Union saying I should vote for ALP because they will keep shops closed on Xmas day. Yeh alright m8, that's all I take into consideration when voting.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    lol'd at Christopher Pyne starting a petition to save ABC Adelaide, and Eric Abetz angry over regional offices closing in parliament.

What did you think was going to happen when you voted to take funding from the ABC?

Elite
    Rep Level
    ABC funding cuts hurt, but being from a rival network I don't mind. Left-leaning hypocrites most of the time. I can understand where the Liberals are coming from but Tony will regret his pre-election words. Sometimes I really wish Turnbull was still top dog.

ABC is only a small issue though. I'm much more interested in Lambie watching. My "Days since Lambie did something irrational or attention-seeking" counter is almost perpetually at zero. Last week she went three whole days without re-setting it.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    It's unfortunate that a lot of the axed programs are those responsible for uncovering a lot of the corruption and misdeeds the police weren't interested in investigating. NSW corruption and institutionalised pedophilia the most prominent examples.

Rep Level
    Pretty sad mood at work today. Digital will remain comparatively unscathed, but TV and radio is getting ripped to shreds.

Elite
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TSYW View Post
    Pretty sad mood at work today. Digital will remain comparatively unscathed, but TV and radio is getting ripped to shreds.
    It's the nature of the industry. Every where else is getting cut cut cut so ABC can deal with it too.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    It's the nature of the industry. Every where else is getting cut cut cut so ABC can deal with it too.
    Doesn't really make it any easier for the people losing jobs.

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level
    Newcastle United Parramatta New York Knicks
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    It's unfortunate that a lot of the axed programs are those responsible for uncovering a lot of the corruption and misdeeds the police weren't interested in investigating. NSW corruption and institutionalised pedophilia the most prominent examples.
    unfortunate

i think stopping the boats is the only thing tonez hasnt backfliped on or kept pretty quite

Shorten is a right dud.
    Picture Phife losing a battle, come on, get off it
    Put down the microphone son, surrender, forfeit

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Annoys me that people think the ABC should be immune to cost cutting when every other media outlet is slashing jobs (Fairfax announces job cuts). Also fucking lol at Shorten's speech then, it is funny seeing politicians try to be emotional. Probably devo that there won't be a network where his fanbois can fap over themselves.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by fender View Post
    unfortunate

i think stopping the boats is the only thing tonez hasnt backfliped on or kept pretty quite

Shorten is a right dud.
    Also nailed free trade agreements with korea japan and China which is pretty big
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    fucking lol at Abbott facing the other way.

Teams
    Oladipo, Pacers, Seahawks, Mckayla Maroney, Reggie Miller’s commentating
    Rep Level
    Indiana Pacers Seattle Seahawks Buffalo Sabres
    Abbot is a shit leader and seems like a horrible person but I'd still vote for him anyday over Shorten. Bill is such a gimp, no thanks Joffrey.
    Paul Fraud IS A RINGLESS CUNT AND FLOG

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    I know next to nothing about Shorten but hard to imagine him being worse than Abbott.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    I think shorten is a far better public speaker than abbott but hes a whinging little pleb
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Teams
    Geelong,
    Rep Level
    Everton Montreal Canadiens New York Giants
    I just find it hilarious that after years and years of continuously repeating his spill about 'Juliar' breaking promises therefore not being a legitimate government that he would go out and do the same thing so blatantly. Just seems like such a political misstep, and he has been nothing if not pragmatic in that sense before the election. I guess they must figure they have such a large majority in the house they can survive the hit at the next election.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I just find it hilarious that after years and years of continuously repeating his spill about 'Juliar' breaking promises therefore not being a legitimate government that he would go out and do the same thing so blatantly. Just seems like such a political misstep, and he has been nothing if not pragmatic in that sense before the election. I guess they must figure they have such a large majority in the house they can survive the hit at the next election.
    Doesn't make political sense to me either. Particularly on an issue that's likely to garner significant negative publicity, for the sake of 250 mil across 5 years too. Pocket change for the amount of negativity it's going to drum up I would have thought.

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows
    Strong work from Abbott today trying to turn the ABC thing into Rudd/Gillard again. Clutching at straws much?

YOU BETTER WATCH OUT Red Neville's Avatar
    Rep Level
    Manchester United Greater Western Sydney Sporting Gijon
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    It's far far easier to appear pragmatic in opposition than in government.

He's a crocodile.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    His reasons for changing as well was because circumtances about the budget appeared different once in government

Because you know, there was no change in the circumstances after the election delivered a hung parliament that required some sort of negotiation or compromise.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bear View Post
    His reasons for changing as well was because circumtances about the budget appeared different once in government

Because you know, there was no change in the circumstances after the election delivered a hung parliament that required some sort of negotiation or compromise.
    Lettuce be reality though, the greens were never going to side with the libs so she didn't need to break the carbon tax promise to get them on side.

Elite
    Rep Level
    The ABC job losses are on the ABC, not the government. Looking at the figures isolated it looks bad, and of course that's the angle the ABC have taken (right wing fucks), but looking at the big picture it's not that big a cut from their already generous budget. Maybe some of their directors can take a paycut instead?

On Abbott vs the alleged sex predator - both to some extent are showing how easy it is to be in opposition. In the government you are held accountable to your decisions. In opposition the majority of the time all you need to do is rubbish the government.

Teams
    Geelong,
    Rep Level
    Everton Montreal Canadiens New York Giants

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Adelaide United, Everton
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Everton NULL
    Shorten and Abbott I feel don't really act like leaders (not in the political party sense), Abbott's public speaking is jus awful.

edit: Feel like I didn't explain what I was trying to say well.

In the way I feel they don't act like leaders probably revolves how they communicate, I just think that unless you are really into politics and are madly left or right winged, they can't captivate an audience and actually have people give a shit to what they are saying. Especially when you listen to someone like Obama or Hawke talk, you actually care and feel like you have almost a moral obligation to listen to them.
    Last edited by Fools Gold; 29th November 2014 at 09:55 PM.
    We demand an investigation into the replacement of referee Rafshan Irmatov and his departure at a difficult time in such an important match. We ask for an examination of the grassland that was not suitable for the Syrian team, while Australian players seem to be wearing shoes that cling to the long grass, so we saw Syrian players fall during the game, while Australia's players are steady.

Teams
    Carlton, Arsenal, Palace
    Rep Level
    Carlton Blues Arsenal Crystal Palace
    Labor won the Victorian Election.

Are they the party promising to improve the East-West link, and moving some Bulldogs games to Eureka Stadium?