Close

Page 96 of 98 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2427

Thread: Politics Thread

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    I mean McGowan has lost me for his handling of this shit (to be fair I don't think he ever had me but he guaranteed it by mandating masks, fuck they're aids, genuinely prefer Covid) but I have no idea who I'm voting for, guess it's time to research what is the biggest protest vote possible?

And yeah, the Liberals are just horrific, I honestly don't know how you can have such a smug unlikeable cunt to go against and somehow not even gain an iota of traction against him.
    Colin Barnett won 4 elections m8, smug unlikeable cunts is what we do.

But honestly, putting any policy etc aside, I think McGowan is possible one of the most relatable politicians we've had for a long time

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Rep Level
    Never seen a dumber opposition leader. If I was Liberal, I’d have my concession speech next week and go after the sympathy vote

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    God scomo is a cunt

I think that there's a strong possibility that Miss Wolfie is in fact a virgin.

Rep Level
    https://www.perthnow.com.au/politics...ng-b881806286z

Expectation is McGowans gonna win 70-30 and the belief is Zak Kirkup will lose his seat too in Dawesville.

What a loser

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    https://www.perthnow.com.au/politics...ng-b881806286z

Expectation is McGowans gonna win 70-30 and the belief is Zak Kirkup will lose his seat too in Dawesville.

What a loser
    I've never witnessed a campaign like the Libs are running. Literally it's "don't let us lose by too much or they can do what they want".

I honestly couldn't tell you a single platform that either party is running on either. McGowan is just gatecrashing weddings as his campaign and little Zak just seems to have the "I'll do what they're doing" plan. Like I can't recall a single policy from either of them.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE

Politics Thread

I know they had no good alternatives, but Zak is rekt for the future now too. No way he can be seen as legit option as leader again. They should have stuck with one of the cannon fodder options (Alder, Harvey) if they thought Zak was the future

Rep Level
    I've never witnessed a campaign like the Libs are running. Literally it's "don't let us lose by too much or they can do what they want".

I honestly couldn't tell you a single platform that either party is running on either. McGowan is just gatecrashing weddings as his campaign and little Zak just seems to have the "I'll do what they're doing" plan. Like I can't recall a single policy from either of them.
    The core policy Zak brought out was to provide funding to help supplement wages and increase wages in the agriculture industry which McGowan just came out and said "Yeah we will do that too, it was a no brainer and recommended to us already"

I still think my idea was the best. Attack the rich and go the Trump route of middle class vs upper class and paint McGowan on one side. Soooo much he could have done instead of this pathetic surrender

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes View Post
    I know they had no good alternatives, but Zak is rekt for the future now too. No way he can be seen as legit option as leader again. They should have stuck with one of the cannon fodder options (Alder, Harvey) if they thought Zak was the future
    Zak was the cannon fodder. I think they wanted to go along the lines of if you wreck a 32 year old they can waive the stain away in 10+ years time and try again.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Pretty much gonna leave Sean Lestrange as the only viable leadership option. David Honey about the only other one guaranteed to maintain his seat, and pretty sure he’s on dat der retirement plan (62yo in Cottesloe, the safest liberal seat of all time)

Rep Level
    Pretty much gonna leave Sean Lestrange as the only viable leadership option. David Honey about the only other one guaranteed to maintain his seat, and pretty sure he’s on dat der retirement plan (62yo in Cottesloe, the safest liberal seat of all time)
    Its going to be worse then people are predicting if you ask me. No ones seat is safe for them, not even Cottesloe

Veteran
    Rep Level
    I tried looking for independents but they're pretty much all horrific in Nedlands... They're pretty much all the doubled down NIMBY types who've ruined the area in the first place wanting to ruin it further.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Its going to be worse then people are predicting if you ask me. No ones seat is safe for them, not even Cottesloe
    If they don’t win Cott Will literally mean Libs have 0 seats, and Nationals are the opposition (with like 4 seats or some bullshit)

Rep Level
    The exact moment Zak conceded the election was here

Rep Level
    If they don’t win Cott Will literally mean Libs have 0 seats, and Nationals are the opposition (with like 4 seats or some bullshit)
    Wouldnt surprise me.....

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Conceding the election in advance... It's a bold strategy cotton, let's see if it pays off for them.

Might never see that again, even in the countries where there is corruption they don't concede weeks from the election, it's like voter suppression of your own voters but in a country that forces people to vote that's just telling them to vote for anything else.

Rep Level
    Conceding the election in advance... It's a bold strategy cotton, let's see if it pays off for them.

Might never see that again, even in the countries where there is corruption they don't concede weeks from the election, it's like voter suppression of your own voters but in a country that forces people to vote that's just telling them to vote for anything else.
    The sympathy vote is still a better strategy then the previous "Mark is awesome. id vote for him too" strategy they were running with

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE

Politics Thread

Flicked over and saw there was a McGOAT/Kokup debate...caught about 15s of Marky Marks answer to the final question...was it legit a Rick roll? Pretty sure he said something very close to never going to give you up, never gonna let you down

Zacs answer was pretty much the opposite - we’ve already given up, vote for us so we at least get one ballot with our party marked Nice signature policy m8

Rep Level
    I totally picture it going like this

Rep Level
    To sum up the absurdity of this situation, all day yesterday I saw the billboards driving around readong

"DONT GIVE LABOR TOO MUCH POWER"

What a world we live in

Rep Level
    WCE
    Christian Porter = goose

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    I think they should formally legislate two weeks additional mental health leave per year into standard work conditions, so we can all follow in the steps of our illustrious politicians (and AFL players) if times get tough (or we’ve done a few lines)

Rep Level
    I think they should formally legislate two weeks additional mental health leave per year into standard work conditions, so we can all follow in the steps of our illustrious politicians (and AFL players) if times get tough (or we’ve done a few lines)
    Two weeks my ass.

It should be unconditional and based on medical advice. Pattons medical leave was 3 months I think. Id do that

Itd change society completely because alot of mental health conditions are somewhat manufactured by the environment the government provides. If big business had to pay for people for example to take alcohol addiction stress leave, the economic cost of it would get weighted into the tax revenue generated and I suggest the laws around alcohol and the way the addiction is created would change too.

Rep Level
    Who are we voting for

Very tempted to drop a brown snake before polling day, take my ballot paper and use it to wipe my half cleaned ass with it, but gut feel is that would count as a vote for McGowan. Alternatively could just vote for the WAXIT Party just because I like the name and I hate vicbias

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WAXIT party is certainly ticking a lot of boxes for mine.

The only thing they could do to really lock in my vote is come out with a campaign denouncing Matthew Pavlich as a West Australian.

I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    WAXIT party is certainly ticking a lot of boxes for mine.

The only thing they could do to really lock in my vote is come out with a campaign denouncing Matthew Pavlich as a West Australian.

Block Gil Mclachlan at the border would be another winner