WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Boris has the rona

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    fkn lol was about to post the same thing then saw this on the next page

chinese real estate conspiracy. Recover first then buy the world.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi View Post
    fkn lol was about to post the same thing then saw this on the next page

chinese real estate conspiracy. Recover first then buy the world.
    I don't think they're suggesting the virus was spread on purpose. Maybe just now that this is happening certain countries will become opportunistic

Teams
    Freo Fyfies
    Rep Level
    https://www.smh.com.au/national/chin...25-p54du8.html

As the coronavirus took hold in Wuhan earlier this year, staff from the Chinese government-backed global property giant Greenland Group were instructed to put their normal work on hold and source bulk supplies of essential medical items to ship back to China.

A whistleblower from the company has told the Herald it was a worldwide Greenland effort - and the Sydney office was no different, sourcing bulk supplies of surgical masks, thermometers, antibacterial wipes, hand sanitisers, gloves and Panadol for shipping.

The company even posted its efforts of packing pallets in the company’s Sydney headquarters on social media.
    China is our friend <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    Sex is not a virtuous act unless it is for procreation.

Consensual sex is an act of mutual exploitation. There is nothing positive to be gained from ejaculation, orgasm and physical sexual interaction. It only causes physiological deterioration.

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    Quote Originally Posted by fender View Post
    People clapping for the NHS workers after shitting on any nurse/medical strikes for better pay and conditions and voting for torys that have overseen its decline for a decade
    Yeah they shouldn't have increased the NHS budget every year, makes it decline

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    Quote Originally Posted by fender View Post
    Yeh no argument here, they managed to make it even worse though and nurses and other support staff get paid fuck all and largely rely on foreigners like all low paid stuff in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Foreigners make up a smaller % of staff than the % they make up in the country. Totes relying

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Is this crisis going to bring about a renaissance of nationalism? Any form of nationalism or pride in one's country (well when you're white at least) had basically being designated as a racist dog whistle or at the very least a form of jingoistic, pandering only used by populist demagogues.

In the current environment it seems the only way we (and every other country) are going to dig ourselves out of this is by becoming overly self serving both politically and culturally. Globalisation has been a rising tide lifting all boats (for the most part) but it's pretty fucked for the near term. Getting the rebuild balance right is going to be extremely difficult and something that is well beyond the collective cognitive capacity of our current government I'm afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    there’s a couple of clusters of illness in Mt Baker and Gawler where they’ve been tested but their results aren’t back yet. These individuals have all recently returned from various hot spots overseas and are almost guaranteed to returned positive results. Could be a spike in SA numbers in the next few days.

Teams
    Freo Fyfies
    Rep Level
    Surely we'll see an increase in things being manufactured here (and other western countries) rather than China now.

Consensual sex is an act of mutual exploitation. There is nothing positive to be gained from ejaculation, orgasm and physical sexual interaction. It only causes physiological deterioration.

Rep Level
    Chicago Bulls Western Bulldogs
    For about half a minute then we just go back to getting the cheaper option

Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Im the hero football needs and deserves you will find

Rep Level
    Is this crisis going to bring about a renaissance of nationalism? Any form of nationalism or pride in one's country (well when you're white at least) had basically being designated as a racist dog whistle or at the very least a form of jingoistic, pandering only used by populist demagogues.

In the current environment it seems the only way we (and every other country) are going to dig ourselves out of this is by becoming overly self serving both politically and culturally. Globalisation has been a rising tide lifting all boats (for the most part) but it's pretty fucked for the near term. Getting the rebuild balance right is going to be extremely difficult and something that is well beyond the collective cognitive capacity of our current government I'm afraid.
    We are simply too irrelevant to be a part of this conversation. Nothing will really change for us. It’s like the global warming/carbon emissions idea. We are too small to make a difference

I’m extremely confident Germany reclaims a place as a superpower which will be a unforeseen event for most. China has a quick 12 month resurgence with a sharper fall the next 3 years preceding as US companies push elsewhere and Russia abandons China altogether to compete with Germany in the EU space

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flight23 View Post
    For about half a minute then we just go back to getting the cheaper option

Labour is cheaper in China but running a machine is pretty much the same price in every country.

The change won’t happen instantly but the price point will lower for production in the western nations. It’s a when not if

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    We are simply too irrelevant to be a part of this conversation. Nothing will really change for us. It’s like the global warming/carbon emissions idea. We are too small to make a difference

I’m extremely confident Germany reclaims a place as a superpower which will be a unforeseen event for most. China has a quick 12 month resurgence with a sharper fall the next 3 years preceding as US companies push elsewhere and Russia abandons China altogether to compete with Germany in the EU space
    Not saying we're relevant in a global context but as anchy said domestic manufacturing is going to become seen as a form of national security. I'm just curious how we are going to go about rebuilding our economcy, however irrelevant we may be.
    there’s a couple of clusters of illness in Mt Baker and Gawler where they’ve been tested but their results aren’t back yet. These individuals have all recently returned from various hot spots overseas and are almost guaranteed to returned positive results. Could be a spike in SA numbers in the next few days.

Rep Level
    This is a hunch as opposed to anything I’ve been told but If we go full lockdown, I’m pretty sure they will close off the petrol stations for everyone but business or something along those lines, so I’d suggest keeping your cars topped up

Rep Level
    Not saying we're relevant in a global context but as anchy said domestic manufacturing is going to become seen as a form of national security. I'm just curious how we are going to go about rebuilding our economcy, however irrelevant we may be.
    In all honesty, kick up our mining sector again. Their will be a pent up demand release for sure and our rolling back of our mining sector waiting for another boom will probably end.

Ignoring the droughts but their is a huge need to increase our agricultural sector as well. The price hikes caused by even the slightest upturn in demand isn’t sustainable in the long term

All these things though are a business as usual approach
    Last edited by Embers; 28th March 2020 at 10:53 AM.

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Yeah I'm very interested in seeing what the other side looks like because it has the potential to impact so many things.

Like we operate our lives to be as efficient as possible, such that supply meets demand with only the slightest of buffers. But its clear that's not a tenable way to run things from supermarkets to hospitals because everything fails when you put it under serve stress (see Italy, and soon USA). Flexible manufacturing seems to be a interesting concept, with companies like Ford assisting with the manufacture of ventilators and distillers making hand sanitiser. Supply chain another area that will need some work, however I guess you could argue this isn't a problem if people weren't such fuckwits but the reality is they are. But I do agree with the sentiment that countries will look to become more self reliant, such that if you had to shut the door you could still keep the lights on.

Another thing is that this time it was a pandemic, but what other things could impact in such a way? Health, economic, natural disasters? You've got to really look beyond and think about the unconceivable.
    #NBCSiberia

Teams
    Freo Fyfies
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post
    Flexible manufacturing seems to be a interesting concept, with companies like Ford assisting with the manufacture of ventilators and distillers making hand sanitiser.
    A lot of governments are using a 'war with COVID-19' rhetoric so it's almost an echo of things like sewing machine or farm equipment manufacturers switching to guns and tanks in WWII.

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level
    Newcastle United Parramatta New York Knicks

Death Riding Civilization: The RZ Coronavirus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    Foreigners make up a smaller % of staff than the % they make up in the country. Totes relying
    I’d be surprised if that is the case for frontline workers (nurses/doctors). Middle management plebs probs all British. 1/4 NHS workers in the south east are non British iirc. Seems to fit with my actual experiences as well.

British/EU/Other - Brexit working

Local elections still going ahead in Queensland today

Picture Phife losing a battle, come on, get off it
    Put down the microphone son, surrender, forfeit

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    I'd call their bluff and not expect them to enforce that fine on people for not voting.
    #NBCSiberia

Teams
    Freo Fyfies
    Rep Level
    Is there anything more useless than a local government election anyway?

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Yeah I don't see why you need an election to pick up my rubbish every week.
    #NBCSiberia

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post
    I'd call their bluff and not expect them to enforce that fine on people for not voting.
    local gov elections not compulsory voting brah

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    think it is in qld. im sure corona would be a legit excuse not to though and they woudnt enforce the fine

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    So even though Histrionics rudely turned down my kind offer a phone conference to discuss my covid spready I'll explain it here

the johns hopkins data is a mix of country and state data so it needed to be tidied up a bit to be digestible

confirmed: raw confirmed case data from johns hopkins
    country list: a tab I use to make sure I have the most up to date country list without duplicates
    recovered: raw recovered data from johns hopkins
    dead: raw dead data from johns hopkins
    active: vlookups that calculate active cases (confirmed less recovered less dead)
    active country totals: that data with a sumif function so it's per country
    confirmed country totals: the confirmed data with a sumif function to create country totals
    days more than 100: just a calculation tab don't worry about it
    100 cases: shows all the countries based on their case growth once they hit 100 cases
    totals less china:world total less china

worth mentioning i'm using my old laptop which only has excel 2003 hence why the file extension is xls instead of xlsx

here's the update with today's data

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J_...tpDKAxAlIUCgIr

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    $133 fine.
    #NBCSiberia