Close

Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1351
    Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Last 4 days the weather in London has been the best since I've been here. No rain or clouds, all sun above 10 degrees.

People seem to be taking it a little more seriously since Monday which is a positive.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Quote Originally Posted by Histrionics View Post
    Do you have a link for that or something where we are included and other countries such as the UK and Spain ?
    Here's the link to the doc mate

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J_H...ew?usp=sharing

The tab titled "100 Cases" is the data you're looking for

source data is John Hopkins csv files https://github.com/CSSEGISandData/CO...med_global.csv

There's some other reports I'm working on in the file (trying to track the number of active cases i.e. confirmed less recovered less dead) but they're not up to date, just the confirmed cases and the homogenised start point of 100 case tab
    Last edited by showdownhero; 27th March 2020 at 12:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    thereís a couple of clusters of illness in Mt Baker and Gawler where theyíve been tested but their results arenít back yet. These individuals have all recently returned from various hot spots overseas and are almost guaranteed to returned positive results. Could be a spike in SA numbers in the next few days.

Teams
    Freo Fyfies
    Rep Level
    Interesting article saying there may be a method to the gubmint's madness, but they're not telling anyone.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-...ained/12090270

The 'flatten the curve' end game

The strategy favoured by the Federal Government was not designed to stop transmission, rather slow it to a manageable level so hospitals didn't get overwhelmed.

"You don't go in too hard because you actually want the infection rate to pick up a bit and then hold," Professor Blakely said.

Professor Blakely was worried the Federal Government was not being completely open about the end game.

"What they're not saying is flatten the curve likely means by the time this is over, 60 per cent of us will have been infected to develop herd immunity," he said.

Professor Blakely argued herd immunity was the only way to fully ensure there was no resurgence of the virus once physical distancing and shutdown restrictions were lifted, and borders re-opened.

He conceded restrictions could be lifted sooner, but it was likely new cases would keep emerging.

And he had another stark message ó reaching herd immunity without seeing the death toll soar would mean protecting the elderly, while letting young people catch the virus.

He said it was an uncomfortable truth, but keeping schools open fitted this strategy.

"We need to move into a social contract that says well if the young people get sick then we give them priority for ICU and really look after them because they're helping us with herd immunity.

"I believe that's the discussions we need to have."
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    Sex is not a virtuous act unless it is for procreation.

Consensual sex is an act of mutual exploitation. There is nothing positive to be gained from ejaculation, orgasm and physical sexual interaction. It only causes physiological deterioration.

Rep Level
    The idea in WA is to throw immune boosters at our health staff normally used for something else (forget what now, itís early ) so if they get it they beat it fast and quick. Not really useful for a 60 year olds in a community sense but among the staff aged 40 and below it makes a lot of sense.

Teams
    Freo Fyfies
    Rep Level
    I live in an area full of old rich cunts and the amount of them I see going for walks together/having coffees/just generally carrying on with their old rich cunt lives boggles my mind. Anecdotally, a mate who lives near Manly Beach said the place was swarming with groups of them the other morning.

Makes me wonder why a healthy young person like me should bother staying inside all fucking day if the people who will actually die don't seem to care.*

*obviously I'm still going to
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    Sex is not a virtuous act unless it is for procreation.

Consensual sex is an act of mutual exploitation. There is nothing positive to be gained from ejaculation, orgasm and physical sexual interaction. It only causes physiological deterioration.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by fender View Post
    Ill put my spreadsheet into a google doc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Dunno if it will work. I havent been tracking UK tho

Italy new case growth rate has gone below 10% for the last 3 days, 3 days ago was the 14th day since the full country lockdown so they should have now got most cases out that was spreading prelockdown.

We are not growing exponentially last 2 days and looking much better than most countries at this point.

Hopefully the measures already implemented are having an effect. I'm still very skeptical of their "nearly every case is from a return traveler or a known contact" when that is all they are testing for so it would make sense for that to be the case

1 asymptomatic or just untested international returnee in say late feb well before the 14 day isolation when home (ie all my mates from Japan and US) could have an infection tree of about 400 people, all who couldn't be tested under these rules as the link to overseas wasn't picked up.
    The all we test is return travellers or known contacts is simply media horse shit you will find. We do not test people with no symptoms who have not returned or had contact with a known case is the only restriction and even that is being quite poorly policed particularly in QLD where having a pulse appears to be the only pre requisite.

The only thing being missed would be asymptomatic people giving it to another asymptomatic person based on the current testing structure

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    I live in an area full of old rich cunts and the amount of them I see going for walks together/having coffees/just generally carrying on with their old rich cunt lives boggles my mind. Anecdotally, a mate who lives near Manly Beach said the place was swarming with groups of them the other morning.

Makes me wonder why a healthy young person like me should bother staying inside all fucking day if the people who will actually die don't seem to care.*

*obviously I'm still going to
    Have also seen more old people out and about and generally not giving a fuck. One of them brushed passed me at the shops and I wanted to turn around and smack that bitch

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows
    Shops were full of oldies the other day #yolo

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    https://twitter.com/bugwannostra/sta...93021220687873
    thereís a couple of clusters of illness in Mt Baker and Gawler where theyíve been tested but their results arenít back yet. These individuals have all recently returned from various hot spots overseas and are almost guaranteed to returned positive results. Could be a spike in SA numbers in the next few days.

Teams
    New Orleans Saints, Geelong, Liverpool, OKC
    Rep Level
    New Orleans Saints Geelong Cats Liverpool
    Firing squad imo

Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    thank fuck the government is finally policing it. Hope they do more.

Should fine the offenders and then chuck them in a solo hotel room with just a bed and a tv. have some armed guards around.
    Scunthorpe

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    No surprise the council region with the most in Victoria is Stonnington (Toorak, South Yarra, Prahran, etc). Rich people coming back from overseas and not giving a fuck.
    #NBCSiberia

Teams
    Plymouth
    Rep Level
    Western Bulldogs Leicester
    I've known about that couple for a while, "friend" of a friend. Apparently the wife was just like "whatever, fine me, dilligaf" whenever questioned about it.

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level
    Newcastle United Parramatta New York Knicks
    People clapping for the NHS workers after shitting on any nurse/medical strikes for better pay and conditions and voting for torys that have overseen its decline for a decade
    Picture Phife losing a battle, come on, get off it
    Put down the microphone son, surrender, forfeit

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    The all we test is return travellers or known contacts is simply media horse shit you will find. We do not test people with no symptoms who have not returned or had contact with a known case is the only restriction and even that is being quite poorly policed particularly in QLD where having a pulse appears to be the only pre requisite.

The only thing being missed would be asymptomatic people giving it to another asymptomatic person based on the current testing structure
    That's been coming straight from the chief medical officer and PM/Premier press conference, dont really follow the media. If testing criteria was different behind closed doors to what has been stated then but until recently the official word was that was the case.

Anecdotally know people who fit all the criteria bar the link to overseas or a case and were told can't test by GP and the hotline (QLD), I think if you present at the emergency with fever and breathing issues you would get tested.

Would be likely they may be testing certain areas more if they know community cluster transmission is happening, ie advice all hospital and GP in certain suburbs that testing is available for any possible cases.

Testing
    Your doctor will tell you if you should be tested. They will arrange for the test.

You will only be tested if your doctor decides you meet the criteria:

You have returned from overseas in the past 14 days and you develop respiratory illness with or without fever
    You have been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days and you develop respiratory illness with or without fever
    You have severe community-acquired pneumonia and there is no clear cause
    You are a healthcare worker who works directly with patients and you have a respiratory illness and a fever

There is a global shortage of the test kits that pathologists use to diagnose COVID-19. This is why we are doing targeted testing instead of widespread testing.
    That is still the official advice on fed govt heath website

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level
    I think we would be seeing a uptick in hospital admissions if we were missing really widespread community transmission though so I am leaning towards they are picking up most cases.

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Adelaide United, Everton
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Everton NULL
    Is some good news that we're actually doing a shit load more testing than other countries (per capita anyway)
    We demand an investigation into the replacement of referee Rafshan Irmatov and his departure at a difficult time in such an important match. We ask for an examination of the grassland that was not suitable for the Syrian team, while Australian players seem to be wearing shoes that cling to the long grass, so we saw Syrian players fall during the game, while Australia's players are steady.

Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    If they said that would test everyone, then everyone would rush to get tested for the smallest things. As we have seen during this crisis; people are panicked idiots.

Think they are going about it well. 11 deaths out of all the confirmed cases confirm that. it would be more worrisome if we had 100-200 deaths total
    Scunthorpe

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    People clapping for the NHS workers after shitting on any nurse/medical strikes for better pay and conditions and voting for torys that have overseen its decline for a decade
    The NHS has a massive inefficiency problem and the UK should move to a mixed public/private system like most of the civilised world.

The number of horror stories I heard/witnessed was galling. Patient outcomes per dollar spent the NHS is one of the worst in the developed world.

https://data.oecd.org/healthres/health-spending.htm
    https://www.oecd.org/health/health-a...e-19991312.htm

Throwing more money at a broken system = more waste

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level
    Yeh no argument here, they managed to make it even worse though and nurses and other support staff get paid fuck all and largely rely on foreigners like all low paid stuff in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rep Level
    Chicago Bulls Western Bulldogs
    #manlyflu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Im the hero football needs and deserves you will find

Rep Level
    That's been coming straight from the chief medical officer and PM/Premier press conference, dont really follow the media. If testing criteria was different behind closed doors to what has been stated then but until recently the official word was that was the case.

Anecdotally know people who fit all the criteria bar the link to overseas or a case and were told can't test by GP and the hotline (QLD), I think if you present at the emergency with fever and breathing issues you would get tested.

Would be likely they may be testing certain areas more if they know community cluster transmission is happening, ie advice all hospital and GP in certain suburbs that testing is available for any possible cases.

That is still the official advice on fed govt heath website
    Itís different behind closed doors. What do you think happens if the PM said, if you feel hot, go get a test.... we would be testing 2 million people a week Iíd argue. Theirs a billion media stories of people who were sick, got a test, came back negative. Just wont get reported. No ones done the equation behind the I have symptoms so got a test yet but know itís being worked on by programmers at the moment so probably is a stat the government has by next week

What criteria though? I have snot in my nose isnít a criteria, and too many think it is. The WA hotline call rate went through the roof between 12 to 8 with people mistaking itís humid and hot with I have a fever and cannot breathe also. Itís why so much work is going into tracking tests going forward. If we get 1 million tests and one person get 10 tests over a 2 week period, your numbers become unreliable horse shit

Rep Level
    Case mapping shows Bondi has the highest infection rate. WHAT HAVE I BEEN TELLING YOU MOTHERFUCKERS FOR FUCKING 10 FUCKING YEARS NOW?

#bondiflu

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level

Death Riding Civilization: The RZ Coronavirus Thread

Iím seriously concerned about predatory foreign investors purchasing huge amounts of our liquidated assets in the wake of this.

Thereíll be half a dozen Singaporeans and Chinese that own every second building in every city if there isnít some legislative protections put in place.
    Last edited by showdownhero; 28th March 2020 at 03:11 AM.

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Was speaking to my mate about that last night, watch the vultures swoop in.
    #NBCSiberia