Close

Page 36 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    You’ve got to admire the brilliant circular logic of

a) not testing anyone who might have acquired this locally because you’re only testing those who’ve come from overseas (or been in direct contact with a positive case)
    b) claiming more draconian measures aren’t required because there’s insufficient evidence of community transmission
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    there’s a couple of clusters of illness in Mt Baker and Gawler where they’ve been tested but their results aren’t back yet. These individuals have all recently returned from various hot spots overseas and are almost guaranteed to returned positive results. Could be a spike in SA numbers in the next few days.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Just heard some gooberment chucklehead on the radio basically saying kids don’t get it...or spread it...

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows
    Seems like they're going to shut down schools and go back on all this in a week or so

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Thread is now accessible on pc for myself now that we're past page 35. Seems like it got corona'd.

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi View Post
    Seems like they're going to shut down schools and go back on all this in a week or so
    That's it, the Government talks about these "scalable" measures. The general consensus amongst the population is its building up to a total shutdown. The feeling within Dept of Education is that it'll occur alongside the upcoming school holidays.

The AFL fast tracking games and wanting to play multiple games also indicates they've received advice or guidance those kind of shutdown measures are coming.

Then the Government wonder why the general public are acting irrationally distrusting of the information circulated and stockpiling.

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    That's it, the Government talks about these "scalable" measures. The general consensus amongst the population is its building up to a total shutdown. The feeling within Dept of Education is that it'll occur alongside the upcoming school holidays.

The AFL fast tracking games and wanting to play multiple games also indicates they've received advice or guidance those kind of shutdown measures are coming.

Then the Government wonder why the general public are acting irrationally distrusting of the information circulated and stockpiling.
    Worked from home today and remote desktops were already at capacity. 1500 desktops for 20 000 employees

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows
    Gooberment looks like it's trying just to make it to school holidays.

Been invited to a quiz night tomorrow and legit not sure if I should go. How is this 100 attendees thing enforced? Also have an immuno-compromised gf so leaning on the side of not going.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Worked from home today and remote desktops were already at capacity. 1500 desktops for 20 000 employees
    What does it actually take to increase the number of remote desktops? Is it easily/quickly doable?

Teams
    Adelaide
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows

Death Riding Civilization: The RZ Coronavirus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes View Post
    What does it actually take to increase the number of remote desktops? Is it easily/quickly doable?
    It's not one of the services we provide but I think it's licences rather than capacity that's the issue atm. Licences are easy af if someone will pay. Capacity is more difficult but shouldn't be hard these days with cloud infrastructure to spin up some more servers. ATO is a wall of red tape though so probably needs to be approved by ScoMo's house sitter before we can even think about letting some more plebs work from home.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    It's not one of the services we provide but I think it's licences rather than capacity that's the issue atm. Licences are easy af if someone will pay. Capacity is more difficult but shouldn't be hard these days with cloud infrastructure to spin up some more servers. ATO is a wall of red tape though so probably needs to be approved by ScoMo's house sitter before we can even think about letting some more plebs work from home.
    Fair enough, lack of capacity is meant to be the hold up at my work. So was wondering what that actually meant.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Uk schools shut at the end of the week. Guessing lockdown will occur Saturday or next week

Rep Level
    Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    100 person limit will be interesting when we get back to work. We usually sit between 150-200 on weekends. Sometimes pushing 200+
    TTP

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    Quote Originally Posted by sblack View Post
    100 person limit will be interesting when we get back to work. We usually sit between 150-200 on weekends. Sometimes pushing 200+
    Stores are going to turn into gucci with a security guard out front controlling how many people can get in
    #NBCSiberia

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball So Hard View Post
    Stores are going to turn into gucci with a security guard out front controlling how many people can get in
    There’s security guards at all the nursing homes near my place
    there’s a couple of clusters of illness in Mt Baker and Gawler where they’ve been tested but their results aren’t back yet. These individuals have all recently returned from various hot spots overseas and are almost guaranteed to returned positive results. Could be a spike in SA numbers in the next few days.

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level
    Newcastle United Parramatta New York Knicks
    Did u think about coming home doggers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Picture Phife losing a battle, come on, get off it
    Put down the microphone son, surrender, forfeit

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Wow the replies to this tweet sure are something. This picture is from Forbes NSW but apparently there’s been similar shenanigans going on in Ballarat, Bendigo and Gippsland in Victoria.

https://twitter.com/2gb873/status/1240119591113760769

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Quote Originally Posted by fender View Post
    Did u think about coming home doggers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah it's been a massive part of the last few days. A guy I work with went home.

I decided to stay due to just signing a lease for a 6 month rental and I won't be working in either country for the next few months it seems. I've got the savings but I guess it wasn't meant to be used like this.

This week has been so mentally draining

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    https://twitter.com/timjhogan/status...72455929196545

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Norman Swan seems to be one of the only people with a substantial platform consistently getting things right

https://twitter.com/ABCthedrum/statu...86226572308480
    This bloke's going HAM on ABC News 24 right now

Rep Level
    Somehow some random thing I said has seemingly come a federal government research initiative (to do with rural Australia). I wont say what it is until they decide on it. Mostly cos I dont want to jinx it

All ive learnt in the past 48 hours is this

Thank fuck we are Australian. We are a amazing country.

Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    see you guys. Tassie is self-isolating all non-essential travellers for 14 days coming into this island. Thought we might do that. Come and get us commonwealth.

heres hoping this is not too late already.
    Scunthorpe

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Somehow some random thing I said has seemingly come a federal government research initiative (to do with rural Australia). I wont say what it is until they decide on it. Mostly cos I dont want to jinx it

All ive learnt in the past 48 hours is this

Thank fuck we are Australian. We are a amazing country.
    If anyone in this country's government is following your advice on this matter then we are absolutely fucked.

Rep Level
    If anyone in this country's government is following your advice on this matter then we are absolutely fucked.
    No offense, but you dont know me in real life. Judging my knowledge based of a internet chat forum which I merely use for light hearted banter and I guess a escape from talking to people I know about things I dont want to talk to them about (ie. random crazy ideas) is a bit naive. The reality of my life is. I own 3 rental properties, im building a 500k house. I own 2 cars and I have 6 figures in the bank. I made 20 000 in 10 days trading shares. I got massive help on the way but that didnt happen by pure luck or others intentions. I mostly did this myself. You dont achieve these things in life if you are a idiot. It may seem like a douchebag brag but I am not the person questioning my success, you are.

I worked where I am for 2 and a bit years and today Im one of the higher up people in the organization. It wasnt because I told them about my pissdom idea. Its probably because in real life, I put across my good ideas, I work hard and smartly .I dont need this job, I dont have to do it, but I live the challenge and I do it very well.

I have my own personal beliefs about life. It will never change and you will never change it. I do not believe we need to be curing old people of every issue that comes there way. I do not agree with this approach but I follow it til the day I die because quite simply, my opinion isnt relevant on this situation and im simply not going to put my own beliefs and ideas over the majority

I do not beleive we need to bring others to there knees to protect ourselves and I do not believe the world hospital system simply cant cope with this. I know it can. I have more then MS Paint graphs behind me to know this. I believe in the people on the front lines. People want to paint them as weak, panicky people and I despise that to my very core. These people are strong, passionate and have capabilities beyond what we seemingly give them credit for.

In thee end, I do know however we need to be better, be smarter and re adjust our ways of life to let this occur and thats something I truly believe we are capable of doing over time. I think we do it out of respect more than actual need myself. I may not see the need of it as much as others but that doesnt mean I dont know we can achieve it

In the end, believe what you want. Your internet heroism wont matter to me or well anyone else in my real life. Thats why I seperate the two and always will. The deadset reality of my life is simple. I am successful and I have a ton of evidence to back that up. A family, wealth, people around that respect me and my ideas. If you want to ignore that and judge my success on 1 argument on a internet forum, I truly feel sorry for you

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    tl;dr

Rep Level
    Did we just get our very first RZ copypasta?