Close

Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    What an absolutely fucked situation we are in. If there isn’t some white knight to save the day with some incredible idea no one has thought of before, this drag could last a very long time.

It’s almost as if the economy needs to reset and start again. What a mess.
    Do wonder if the property ponzi scheme is going to come crashing down with this or not, could at least get one positive where the government can actually blame something else for it happening and then take the measures to try and avoid it happening again, neither side of politics had the balls to address it so we can only hope they now can/do and that the economy can be redirected towards positive things.

Probably crash and the fuckwits will just poor fuel on it's simmering corpse trying to re-ignite it though because as much as the media bashing is over the top, our current government is very inept and that's the worst of both worlds outcome.

Also went to the supermarket and went past the meats/fruit and veg sections that are basically untouched for the first time and good god, I was literally just shaking my head and laughing that the incredibly random shit that people are hoarding. Like liquid soap is a hard no but bars of soap are gone, packets of chips are gone but biscuits were all there, flavoured milk gone, normal milk there, long life milk like a warzone, shaving cream all gone but deodorant fully stocked (like wtf?), toothpaste and brushes looked untouched. It was actually kind of amazing to be honest in a "good god people are fucking stupider than I could ever give them credit for" kind of way.

Teams
    Adelaide Crows, Toronto Raptors
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Toronto Raptors
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post

Also went to the supermarket and went past the meats/fruit and veg sections that are basically untouched for the first time and good god, I was literally just shaking my head and laughing that the incredibly random shit that people are hoarding. Like liquid soap is a hard no but bars of soap are gone, packets of chips are gone but biscuits were all there, flavoured milk gone, normal milk there, long life milk like a warzone, shaving cream all gone but deodorant fully stocked (like wtf?), toothpaste and brushes looked untouched. It was actually kind of amazing to be honest in a "good god people are fucking stupider than I could ever give them credit for" kind of way.
    Did a shop on the weekend, the lady behind me in the line had 12 odd bottles of washing machine detergent. I don't even get the point of hoarding that.

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    People are fucking idiots

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Quote Originally Posted by fender View Post
    We are at 376 now, pretty consistent with a doubling time of 3 days seen globally (from the 198 on 13/3) worryingly every state has doubled individually as well which means there isn’t single area we can really isolate and go HAM at.

NSW has some considerable untraceable transmission.

If 1+1=2 > 100 daily cases from here on out and rising pretty quick (77 today)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Given the volume of community transmission in Sydney, they’ll be the first place in the country to lock down.
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    there’s a couple of clusters of illness in Mt Baker and Gawler where they’ve been tested but their results aren’t back yet. These individuals have all recently returned from various hot spots overseas and are almost guaranteed to returned positive results. Could be a spike in SA numbers in the next few days.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Given the volume of community transmission in Sydney, they’ll be the first place in the country to lock down.
    More than happy to shut brickney off

Rep Level
    My life is wrecked from Wednesday onwards.

A bit of a weird issue atm that is not reported is getting supplies out of Hong Kong is nigh on impossible. For some weird reason the shipping industry has this absurd backlog thats going to take months to clear. Hong Kong is a pretty big hub for getting bigger ticket items to Australia like larger electronics/bedding so all those people who are buying out freezers may be on to something. We wont be getting a shipment of those anytime soon

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    More than happy to shut brickney off
    Its a no brainer really

Ban should be in place for atleast 5 years.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    7k new cases in Italy taking their total number to 28k, I wonder if there's still only 1 busy hospital in the country, Embers please confirm

Also wogitalia I'm curious, still think this is "no different to the 5 or 6 other "epidemics" you've seen in recent years", that "economic result is pretty much just the complete and utter overreaction to it" and that "shutting down economies and the like is just utter stupidity at play"?

I mean the Trumpian philosophy of carry on with business as usual looks to be a total masterstroke in retrospect
    Last edited by showdownhero; 17th March 2020 at 08:29 AM.
    there’s a couple of clusters of illness in Mt Baker and Gawler where they’ve been tested but their results aren’t back yet. These individuals have all recently returned from various hot spots overseas and are almost guaranteed to returned positive results. Could be a spike in SA numbers in the next few days.

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level
    Newcastle United Parramatta New York Knicks

Death Riding Civilization: The RZ Coronavirus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post

A bit of a weird issue atm that is not reported is getting supplies out of Hong Kong is nigh on impossible. For some weird reason the shipping industry has this absurd backlog thats going to take months to clear. Hong Kong is a pretty big hub for getting bigger ticket items to Australia like larger electronics/bedding so all those people who are buying out freezers may be on to something. We wont be getting a shipment of those anytime soon
    The Baltic dry has been crashing since China shutdown for New Years shipping demand apart from loo roll and face masks is nil

Blank sailings pretty much doubled from 27 Jan - mid Feb

Last edited by fender; 17th March 2020 at 08:37 AM.
    Picture Phife losing a battle, come on, get off it
    Put down the microphone son, surrender, forfeit

Rep Level
    7k new cases in Italy taking their total number to 28k, I wonder if there's still only 1 busy hospital in the country, Embers please confirm

Also wogitalia I'm curious, still think this is "no different to the 5 or 6 other "epidemics" you've seen in recent years", that "economic result is pretty much just the complete and utter overreaction to it" and that "shutting down economies and the like is just utter stupidity at play"?

I mean the Trumpian philosophy of carry on with business as usual looks to be a total masterstroke in retrospect
    Lombardy hospital actually said they are coping with the demand

So even the epicentre is handling it

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Lombardy hospital actually said they are coping with the demand

So even the epicentre is handling it
    If you say so

Italy hit by 368 new coronavirus deaths, hospitals in crisis

Italy records 368 coronavirus deaths in 24 hours as hospitals pushed to the brink

Photos: Italy's hospitals struggle through coronavirus outbreak

Italy on Sunday reported a one-day record death toll and leaders warned of a bed and artificial respirator shortage in the European epicentre of the coronavirus pandemic. Europe's largest coronavirus outbreak is putting unprecedented strain on the Italian health-care system, with hospitals in the worst-affected areas close to the breaking point. | Above: Medical personnel wearing protective face masks help patients inside the Spedali Civili hospital in Brescia.

Teams
    West Coast, QPR, Seahawks
    Rep Level
    Seattle Seahawks WCE Queens Park Rangers

I have heard something similiar from someone in the shipping industry (our freight forwarder), and I've done no research to back it up so could be completely wrong.

He is saying that there were a lot of ships in and around China 'stuck', so there is a shortage of things like shipping containers worldwide. It had lead to a few major producers in Tasmania stopping whole lines of production because they can't ship them. This was two weeks ago.

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    showdownhero do you have any links/info on how this effects asthmatics?

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level
    As an asthmatic I think it would make any asthma worse as per I find when I get a cold or flu anyway. I don't think having asthma would make having Covid worse apart from just a double problem.

Haven't seen any direct finding's on it and have been looking. Do you take preventives or just asmol/ventolin? I have been making sure I've been taking preventives more to keep in control.

However the corticosteroids (preventors, prednisone) are immune supresents/anti inflammatory so not sure if that would be ideal if fighting COVID?

Negative : https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0206110703.htm - Argues more harm than good from steroids as impairs body ability to fight the infection
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...317-2/fulltext - Test subjects with Sars and Mers required more manual breathing help after steroid use

I can't find the link but have read a article that basically argued the opposite from the latest outbreak and they have been using steroids to treat COVID succesfuly.

tldr: 50/50 probably just try and have asthma in best shape you can before you catch it

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    tldr: 50/50 probably just try and have asthma in best shape you can before you catch it
    The only thing I’ve seen regarding asthmatics was from the ABCs medical expert yesterday (don’t know his name), and the above was the crux of his advice.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    showdownhero do you have any links/info on how this effects asthmatics?
    Info here

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-...hools/12058926

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by trigg View Post
    I have heard something similiar from someone in the shipping industry (our freight forwarder), and I've done no research to back it up so could be completely wrong.

He is saying that there were a lot of ships in and around China 'stuck', so there is a shortage of things like shipping containers worldwide. It had lead to a few major producers in Tasmania stopping whole lines of production because they can't ship them. This was two weeks ago.
    Their is no research. I tried and no one is talking about it. I just know its happening myself because im waiting for Order X and know its stuck in Hong Kong. I asked a gazillion people and got told from a freight forwarder like you the same thing. I asked someone else and confirmed it as well

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level
    Is it really surprising ships aren't sailing and international air freight at least on passenger jets have been slashed or cut entirely?

https://gcaptain.com/baltic-dry-inde...er-3-year-low/
    https://www.supplychaindive.com/news...active/573200/

Most shipping companies have probably just put into a holding pattern until China is able to start exporting again in quantities that make it economically viable.

Perfect time as well as China is maybe able to handle the supply side, the demand has gone.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE

Rep Level
    Is it really surprising ships aren't sailing and international air freight at least on passenger jets have been slashed or cut entirely?

https://gcaptain.com/baltic-dry-inde...er-3-year-low/
    https://www.supplychaindive.com/news...active/573200/

Most shipping companies have probably just put into a holding pattern until China is able to start exporting again in quantities that make it economically viable.

Perfect time as well as China is maybe able to handle the supply side, the demand has gone.
    Thats a general overview. Im talking about 1 specific shipping port remember. Hong Kongs issue isnt a supply issue. They just dont have the resources to move it.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptanes View Post
    Would love the same tracker for cancer in the same time frame

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE
    Old people gotta die from something. 46% of cancer deaths are 70+, and 87% over 50

#justcancerbro

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    We are at 376 now, pretty consistent with a doubling time of 3 days seen globally (from the 198 on 13/3) worryingly every state has doubled individually as well which means there isn’t single area we can really isolate and go HAM at.

NSW has some considerable untraceable transmission.

If 1+1=2 > 100 daily cases from here on out and rising pretty quick (77 today)

Used the John Hopkins data (even though some days are fucked) to put this together of the 1+1=2 factor, we're currently ranked 13/17 for number of infections post 7 days from 100 cases (I removed Japan and Iran because I think their data is BS)

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Would love the same tracker for number of free beds in Italian hospitals

#only1busyhospitalbro

Rep Level
    Would love the same tracker for number of free beds in Italian hospitals

#only1busyhospitalbro
    -Cant cope with demand
    -Post pictures of people in beds surrounded by medical staff

Okay