Close

Page 209 of 213 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 5316
    Teams
    West Coast, QPR, Seahawks
    Rep Level
    Seattle Seahawks WCE Queens Park Rangers
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    Seems like the South Australian contact tracing infrastructure has completely collapsed, known exposure sites are taking 5 days plus to get listed. Not just that but people who have checked in during contact periods are also not being sent notifications/isolation orders.

Pretty confident weíll be seeing case numbers in 4 digits before new yearís eve
    A close friend of mine works at the Australian consulate in South Africa - she actually doesn't seem that stressed about it all - not sure what to take from that.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post

Why pick January 2? Why not pick after the new variants?

Im 100% sure the vaccine worked for Alpha but when new variants come, it doesnt

This is just basic common sense. Do you think we take the same flu vaccine for 3 years straight? What do you suppose would happen if we did?
    You've been posting all this junk the whole time and every time someone post some stats you fire back saying the stats are no good, without even posting anything else.

Do we know how well the vaccines work against Omnicron? No we don't. Have the vaccines worked against Delta and Alpha? Yes. Am I happy everyone has been getting vaccinated? Of course. The data shows that is has been effective.

Are vaccines perfect? No.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by trigg View Post
    You've been posting all this junk the whole time and every time someone post some stats you fire back saying the stats are no good, without even posting anything else.

Do we know how well the vaccines work against Omnicron? No we don't. Have the vaccines worked against Delta and Alpha? Yes. Am I happy everyone has been getting vaccinated? Of course. The data shows that is has been effective.

Ive posted stats plenty of times. You just ignore it. Here are some stats

Ive also posted links to the British stats plenty of times too. Thing is you only want to listen to the MSM for your stats. You need to dig deeper and read the 30+ pages places like ONS publish to see the real stats. A shame but the truth

Rep Level

It hasnt worked against Delta. If it worked against Delta why is Europe back in lockdown? And dont say Omnicron. Omnicron doesnt even make up 2% of Netherlands cases at present according to them. A place like Poland 15,976 cases yesterday, 7 were omnicron.

The lockdowns are because the vaccine isnt working. Even Brad Hazzard sees this. Its why he is desperate for 4 month vaccine booster cycles despite 0 testing being done on it and many other jursidctions rejecting it as literally no studies have been done on such a high jab turnaround.

The VAERS reports for Covid jabs is 2000 percent higher then the worst before it. Imagine that figure when we start doing it every 4 months? The vaccine side effects + breakthrough will be higher then the unvaccinated Covid cases in all honesty. I mean it clearly is the case for under 18 year olds as a one example and they have mostly had 1 jab only. Imagine when they get 3 a year.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Note - I haven't research the Scotland much.

But a couple of things that can affect those graphs - younger people are getting vaccinated less than older people. Older people are more likely to die than younger people from COVID. So it's often not as simple as simply comparing a graph like that. You would have an expectation that there would be a difference between deaths in the different age categories - so if there is a gap in vaccination rates in the ages group it will have a large effect (or affect I never get that right).

Just from a literal 10 second google I found this (from Scotland) some quotes from it:

https://www.ed.ac.uk/news/2021/age-a...through-deaths

"Of the 3.2 million people who had received two vaccine doses in Scotland by 18 August 2021, 236 had died with Covid-19. Of these, the majority were around 80 years of age and 62 per cent were male."

"Our findings suggest that adults aged 18 to 64 years old who are double vaccinated have almost four times increased protection against dying from Covid-19 compared to those who are unvaccinated. The figures are even more stark for those who are older, with double vaccinated adults aged 65 to 79 years old experiencing 15.5 times greater protection against death than their unvaccinated peers, and for adults over 80, this increased to 30 times higher."

Teams
    Rep Level
    It hasnt worked against Delta. If it worked against Delta why is Europe back in lockdown? And dont say Omnicron. Omnicron doesnt even make up 2% of Netherlands cases at present according to them. A place like Poland 15,976 cases yesterday, 7 were omnicron.

The lockdowns are because the vaccine isnt working. Even Brad Hazzard sees this. Its why he is desperate for 4 month vaccine booster cycles despite 0 testing being done on it and many other jursidctions rejecting it as literally no studies have been done on such a high jab turnaround.

The VAERS reports for Covid jabs is 2000 percent higher then the worst before it. Imagine that figure when we start doing it every 4 months? The vaccine side effects + breakthrough will be higher then the unvaccinated Covid cases in all honesty. I mean it clearly is the case for under 18 year olds as a one example and they have mostly had 1 jab only. Imagine when they get 3 a year.
    'Not going back into lockdown' being the only measure of success of a vaccine is an interesting one - I would have though 'fewer deaths/hospitalisations' would be a good measure personally.

Rep Level
    A close friend of mine works at the Australian consulate in South Africa - she actually doesn't seem that stressed about it all - not sure what to take from that.
    That unless you are 80 year olds or extremely unhealthy it isnt a serious illness. They see it in real life, we just get told about it in the news because its too much of a minority issue to know the full story with our own eyes

Even Dogbloke can now see the light. He had it, coughed for a few days and moved on. This is the case for millions upon millions of people

Quite simply, if you were going to die from Covid, you would 100% know about it before it happened. The reason you would know is because you have had a hell of a struggle already. Your fantasy ideas that in 2 weeks you will cough a few times and drop dead is just that. Your death happens 1 of 2 ways. You drop dead in a instant with no warning or you struggle immensly for a very long time and die after a struggle.

As a healthy enough person nowadays the first option concerns me more then the 2nd. I mean, how many people do you think die from things such as undiagnosed genetic heart issues, brain aneurisms and the like. 500,000+ people under 50 die each year with the main age being 30-40 from Brain aneurisms worldwide. In 2 years 20,000 people in that range have died with Covid (not from) in the US as a example and worldwide its hard to find a true stat but its supposed to be 7.9% of the total which equates to about 200,000 per year. . Id be much more interested in a vaccine for brain aneurisms then Covid at my age and so should you.

The MSM might lie but stats dont

Rep Level
    'Not going back into lockdown' being the only measure of success of a vaccine is an interesting one - I would have though 'fewer deaths/hospitalisations' would be a good measure personally.
    Thats a non existent problem though. Look at the mortality rates in Netherlands. From 2018 its a 1% growth in death rate and equal to the death rate experiences between all of the 1990s.

You think 1% extra deaths from 2018 in a country means we should do all of this?

Teams
    Rep Level
    Thats a non existent problem though. Look at the mortality rates in Netherlands. From 2018 its a 1% growth in death rate and equal to the death rate experiences between all of the 1990s.

You think 1% extra deaths from 2018 in a country means we should do all of this?
    Come on mate - you don't think people locking down and getting vaccinated had anything to do with that death rate not being higher?

Teams
    Rep Level
    Also I note you didn't reply to my reply on Scotland.

Teams
    Freo Fyfies
    Rep Level
    "MSM"

"Dig deeper"

We're about three posts away from "where we go one, we go all"
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    Sex is not a virtuous act unless it is for procreation.

Consensual sex is an act of mutual exploitation. There is nothing positive to be gained from ejaculation, orgasm and physical sexual interaction. It only causes physiological deterioration.

Rep Level
    Come on mate - you don't think people locking down and getting vaccinated had anything to do with that death rate not being higher?
    Not really. We have seen different approaches across the entire world and death rates are basically the same. Sweden actually had a decrease in health rate and people lambasted them for going against the science early days. US who are seen as the epitome of failure during Trumps reign also had a 1% increase too in 2020 and same in 2021 so far.

Brazil which is the epitome of failure had a 1.3% increase too, however that leads from the lowest death rates in recent history from the years preceding it. Brazil used to have 10 deaths per 1000 people in the 70s and 80s but better liviing conditions has that to 6.6 to 6.8 most years.

I guess my question is. Brazil didnt lockdown. 1.3% increase in death rates. Netherlands locked down hard and is 1.09%

Was it worth it?

Rep Level
    Note - I haven't research the Scotland much.

But a couple of things that can affect those graphs - younger people are getting vaccinated less than older people. Older people are more likely to die than younger people from COVID. So it's often not as simple as simply comparing a graph like that. You would have an expectation that there would be a difference between deaths in the different age categories - so if there is a gap in vaccination rates in the ages group it will have a large effect (or affect I never get that right).

Just from a literal 10 second google I found this (from Scotland) some quotes from it:

https://www.ed.ac.uk/news/2021/age-a...through-deaths

"Of the 3.2 million people who had received two vaccine doses in Scotland by 18 August 2021, 236 had died with Covid-19. Of these, the majority were around 80 years of age and 62 per cent were male."

"Our findings suggest that adults aged 18 to 64 years old who are double vaccinated have almost four times increased protection against dying from Covid-19 compared to those who are unvaccinated. The figures are even more stark for those who are older, with double vaccinated adults aged 65 to 79 years old experiencing 15.5 times greater protection against death than their unvaccinated peers, and for adults over 80, this increased to 30 times higher."
    By August 2021? Once again you need to go past that.

Why cant we measure stats of today? Why the need to back 9 months, 6 months and what not. Im sending you stats updated from 2 weeks ago. August 2021 is long past and isnt relevant to decision making today

Do you think we should make our decisions based on August 2021 stats at all? If so why keep referencing it. The virus moves fast and is well and truly outpacing the vaccine. In 6 months the world has 3 new variants and new dominant strains too. Its these new variants which cause the vaccine efificacy to decline. Bringing up stats BEFORE they existed is just adjusting stats to suit your goals

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    "MSM"

"Dig deeper"

We're about three posts away from "where we go one, we go all"
    Better then "trust the science" and "trust the doctors"

Meanwhile Brad Hazzard is demanding the TGA change vaccination dosage to 100 days instead of there own recommendation

Last time I checked Hazzard is a politician not a scientist. Thats the decision maker you are trusting.

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level
    Newcastle United Parramatta New York Knicks

Death Riding Civilization: The RZ Coronavirus Thread

Ive also posted links to the British stats plenty of times too. Thing is you only want to listen to the MSM for your stats. You need to dig deeper and read the 30+ pages places like ONS publish to see the real stats. A shame but the truth
    I posted the ONS stats and you ignored them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Picture Phife losing a battle, come on, get off it
    Put down the microphone son, surrender, forfeit

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by fender View Post
    I posted the ONS stats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You posted them from a ridiculous time frame to suit your argument. Basically when the virus was at its worse with more dangerous variants and a ton of older people were unvaccinated.

You basically did the "Adelaide will contend for the flag this year, we made the Grand Final in 2017 so we are close" argument. Time changes alot. You will find that out if you focus on today and not the past

Even Scott Morrison is smart enough to see that

If you open your ears for long enough you will see and hear that the people want to lockdown over 24 people in ICU... If you dont think thats agenda driven and is "health driven" you are simply not looking hard enough
    Last edited by Embers; 21st December 2021 at 01:23 PM.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Not really. We have seen different approaches across the entire world and death rates are basically the same. Sweden actually had a decrease in health rate and people lambasted them for going against the science early days. US who are seen as the epitome of failure during Trumps reign also had a 1% increase too in 2020 and same in 2021 so far.

Brazil which is the epitome of failure had a 1.3% increase too, however that leads from the lowest death rates in recent history from the years preceding it. Brazil used to have 10 deaths per 1000 people in the 70s and 80s but better liviing conditions has that to 6.6 to 6.8 most years.

I guess my question is. Brazil didnt lockdown. 1.3% increase in death rates. Netherlands locked down hard and is 1.09%

Was it worth it?
    - Where is the decrease in the health rate/death rate? I thought it was significantly worse than the other Nordic countries? I saw something saying 7.7% which was higher than the other Nordic countries. Yes it was better than some other European countries, but things like population density/number of people in households etc needs to be taken into account.

- US death rate increased 15.9% from 2019 to 2020 - mostly due to COVID.

Teams
    Rep Level
    Also this deserved a separate post - Embers I found where you are getting your death rates from. They all looked really wrong and I was confused. You are using this website (or the same data). It matches up exactly with your Netherlands/Brazil and your stories from Sweden and US match up.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countrie...den/death-rate

Now the best bit: "NOTE: All 2020 and later data are UN projections and DO NOT include any impacts of the COVID-19 virus."

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast WCE

One betting disc please Gamblor's Avatar
    Rep Level
    WCE Toast Chelsea
    Also this deserved a separate post - Embers I found where you are getting your death rates from. They all looked really wrong and I was confused. You are using this website (or the same data). It matches up exactly with your Netherlands/Brazil and your stories from Sweden and US match up.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countrie...den/death-rate

Now the best bit: "NOTE: All 2020 and later data are UN projections and DO NOT include any impacts of the COVID-19 virus."
    I guess you could say trigg dug deeper.

Rep Level
    - Where is the decrease in the health rate/death rate? I thought it was significantly worse than the other Nordic countries? I saw something saying 7.7% which was higher than the other Nordic countries. Yes it was better than some other European countries, but things like population density/number of people in households etc needs to be taken into account.

- US death rate increased 15.9% from 2019 to 2020 - mostly due to COVID.
    Im going on what was expected vs what occured. Populations age and death increases naturally. UN did update stats to account for Covid and it moved by 0.3% for all countries as far as a increase goes. You are missing the below

The age-adjusted death rate increased by 15.9% in 2020

Its just manipulated to hell. If you actually look at population increase + expected rate increase its literally 1%ish range still

Teams
    Rep Level
    Im going on what was expected vs what occured. Populations age and death increases naturally. UN did update stats to account for Covid and it moved by 0.3% for all countries as far as a increase goes. You are missing the below

The age-adjusted death rate increased by 15.9% in 2020

Its just manipulated to hell. If you actually look at population increase + expected rate increase its literally 1%ish range still
    Show me where and how you calculated your Sweden, Brazil, US and Netherlands data if it's not from the site that in big letters says with a red square around it saying "NOTE: All 2020 and later data are UN projections and DO NOT include any impacts of the COVID-19 virus." that agrees to your figures even down to the decimals with Brazil and the Netherlands.

I can't be bothered digging too deep for stats right now - but you are right my 15.9% for the US was age adjusted. Just saw an article from April 5th 2021 (yes old but I can't be bothered looking further) from the Economist saying the 'true death toll' according to provisional estimates was actually up 17.7% from 2019-2020 in the US. Where is your 1% from?

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    You'd think so but the UK have less deaths and hospitalisations compared to this time last year yet they still want to lock down. Mainly because NHS are understaffed rather than overloaded.

Even Dogbloke can now see the light. He had it, coughed for a few days and moved on. This is the case for millions upon millions of people
    Listen here, I didn't cough once. Just a bit of a runny nose and the start of a head cold which never eventuated to anything worse

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Iíve said it before and Iíll say it again. Vaccines donít work

In the end I was wrong

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    Iíve said it before and Iíll say it again. Vaccines donít work

Out of curiosity, it would be interesting to see the amount of people per 100k have had boosters