Page 18 of 109 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Embers Embers Embers

https://twitter.com/davidgura/status...59732929171458
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    there’s a couple of clusters of illness in Mt Baker and Gawler where they’ve been tested but their results aren’t back yet. These individuals have all recently returned from various hot spots overseas and are almost guaranteed to returned positive results. Could be a spike in SA numbers in the next few days.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    I’ll be listening to this podcast on my way to work this morning

https://twitter.com/samharrisorg/sta...99544318398466
    there’s a couple of clusters of illness in Mt Baker and Gawler where they’ve been tested but their results aren’t back yet. These individuals have all recently returned from various hot spots overseas and are almost guaranteed to returned positive results. Could be a spike in SA numbers in the next few days.

Rep Level
    While I’m spamming you with tweets, perhaps you might find some contradictory anecdotal evidence that suggests (as trump said), “anyone who wants a test, gets a test”?
    We are not using the US Health system as some beacon of truth surely?

In any case you keep throwing Italys numbers out but ignoring South Koreas

0.6% to 8% is a fair discrepancy. Why and how has this discrepancy come about?

Teams
    New Orleans Saints, Geelong, Liverpool, OKC
    Rep Level
    New Orleans Saints Geelong Cats Liverpool
    Speaking to my wife on this one (she’s a pretty high up nurse), I’m starting to be swayed that this really isn’t a good thing regardless of fatality rates. Apologies if this has already been covered but it’s going to be the sheer volume of those infected and require treatment that is going to place unmanageable pressure on our hospital systems.

My wife has been told that when it hits, she will be working everyday until it subsides which not only puts her at risk everyday but pretty much everyone that works in health.

Prioritising patients is going to really test practitioners’ moral compass as they will be turning away people that actually need emergency treatment and surgery. It’s actually a fucked up situation.

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level
    Newcastle United Parramatta New York Knicks

Death Riding Civilization: The RZ Coronavirus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post

I’ve read that the cult skews to a younger age demographic than the general population could be a reason.

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-re...03-02-18197930

Shincheonji Church, recognized across the world in 2019 for their graduation of 100,000 students in a free bible seminar, Zion Mission Center has since been provocative in Korean society, mostly because its rapid growth in the past decade. Shincheonji's members exceeded 200,000 in 2018 and the peaceful religious group that teaches the bible in free seminars across the world is on track to exceed half a million graduates this year, many under the age of 30. Members who've come from various religions are said to lead a peaceful life of faith directly in line with the bible's teachings.
    Italy has an older than average population and started in one of the regions with an even older population that Italy as a whole

May be a case of best and worse case scenario's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fender; 11th March 2020 at 10:08 AM.
    Picture Phife losing a battle, come on, get off it
    Put down the microphone son, surrender, forfeit

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Uk health minister has it now

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level
    welcome Narkee

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    Speaking to my wife on this one (she’s a pretty high up nurse), I’m starting to be swayed that this really isn’t a good thing regardless of fatality rates. Apologies if this has already been covered but it’s going to be the sheer volume of those infected and require treatment that is going to place unmanageable pressure on our hospital systems.

My wife has been told that when it hits, she will be working everyday until it subsides which not only puts her at risk everyday but pretty much everyone that works in health.

Prioritising patients is going to really test practitioners’ moral compass as they will be turning away people that actually need emergency treatment and surgery. It’s actually a fucked up situation.
    Id argue the prioritising of patients already happens and happens literally all the time. Im not too sure where she works etc but as a man whose been in the emergency ward literally a hundred times in my life, ive never really seen people not turned away in that respect

Unless you mean turning patients away from ICU?
    Last edited by showdownherofuckedmymum; 11th March 2020 at 10:12 AM.

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    I'm gonna close the embedded Twitter function if you keep posting this crap btw

No more twitter stories please
    Twitter stories covid my 19s

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    Twitter stories covid my 19s

Its the internet version of writing a love letter on a sticky note.

Like put more effort in ffs

Teams
    Toasters
    Rep Level
    God no, put less effort in, like none. If you post on twitter just self quarantine pls.

I then started saving extra money as a result of eating dumpster food.

I knew when to hit the dumpster for optimum catch.
    accualy scared of getting knocked out by yenny
    #broughtback

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post

This is really just evidence of the damage the the ridiculous sensationalism of this has and that anecdotal tweet that SDH posted of a person going for testing despite no exposure to the virus.

Every Tom, Dick and Harry with a cold or flu like symptoms is now going to rush to an emergency department seeking treatment because we've built this up as something it's not, if we could just calm the fuck down instead of just the mass hysteria this would be a lot easier.

It's really just this society where we're afraid of hurting feelings so we can't just tell the truth. If you've over 65 and immuno-compromised then this disease is very dangerous, if you're just immuno-compromised or over 65 then this disease warrants attention. If you're neither of these than you need not worry unless you've got the severe level flu symptoms that you would worry about anyway, there's just no reason for people outside those two groups to be rushing to ER departments because of the flu, heck if they do have it then they're actually just increasing the risk they expose vulnerable populations to it by doing this.

I've seen a few of the videos of the brawls over toilet paper, it isn't the people that this disease is going to harm that are panicking, it's just the moronic masses whipped into a frenzy by sensationalist news, every time we have those stupid headlines like the "Italy 8% death rate in Lombardy" all you need to add is "all victims over 65" to that and people can chill the fuck out. Also probably a good idea to point out that Lombardy is basically Italy's Florida, it's where old people go to see out their days.

It's just utter stupidity by people, fueled by a media that thrives on fear mongering and clickbait headlines that creates this self fulfilling prophecy which then causes genuine harm across society by creating mass panic.

Teams
    West Coast, QPR, Seahawks
    Rep Level
    Seattle Seahawks WCE Queens Park Rangers
    One thing I keep seeing is, 'It doesn't matter, only people over 65 are dying' - that is still a big deal..

Rep Level
    I think people have this absurd idea of what death is and how it looks

Whether you like it or not death occurs mostly in 2 ways. You drop dead without much of a warning, or you have a painful suffering death over a significant period of time and not 2-3 days like everyone expects. If you think you are going to get a viral infection, hold hands with your loved one and go to sleep you are going to be in for a surprise im afraid. Outside of the 1500s, this form of dieing isnt really the norm and this will not change that

Everyone whose passing away is passing away with this being the sympton and not the cause. If you are 85 years old with high blood pressure, you are going to have medical issues that are causing you pain and suffering and you are going to know that when you get a bad flu you are vulnerable. For 5 years of my life, I walked around knowing that my immune system was so weak that any flu I got would last weeks. I had the shingles for near on 12 months as a example. Could not stop catching it no matter what they tried. I knew the inherent risks and put a ton of work into protecting myself and others. Everytime I caught shingles, I took the required measures to protect myself and others. Its a fucking easy thing to do.

Now however I know now my immune system is strong, I do not have high blood pressure, I do not have heart disease. Im a healthy male. When I catch it, i will beat it like a cold. I will not go visit my 90 year old grandma for atleast 6 weeks. I will stay at home and not go to work for a week and ill take care

In other words ill do nothing I dont normally do. If people think this requires a adjustment of their life, perhaps its because they are a shit person and the type of person who goes to the bar/work when they are coughing all over the place. This isnt a cause for changing behavior. Your behavior shouldnt exist in the first place
    Last edited by showdownherofuckedmymum; 11th March 2020 at 11:46 AM.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by trigg View Post
    One thing I keep seeing is, 'It doesn't matter, only people over 65 are dying' - that is still a big deal..
    Its immensley less important then a child dieing

If people cant accept that, they need to re think things

Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    it would be interesting to see how many people under 65 require ICU treatment. and how many have existing medical conditions? I am guessing a large majority would.

If you under 50 and healthy, the only thing you need to worry about are others.
    Scunthorpe

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level

Beacon of truth? What are you even talking about.

These are just stories which corroborate the other evidence (i.e. total number of tests completed) that the US is totally unprepared for this crisis and thus far has completely mismanaged every single step in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    This is really just evidence of the damage the the ridiculous sensationalism of this has and that anecdotal tweet that SDH posted of a person going for testing despite no exposure to the virus.

Every Tom, Dick and Harry with a cold or flu like symptoms is now going to rush to an emergency department seeking treatment because we've built this up as something it's not, if we could just calm the fuck down instead of just the mass hysteria this would be a lot easier.

It's really just this society where we're afraid of hurting feelings so we can't just tell the truth. If you've over 65 and immuno-compromised then this disease is very dangerous, if you're just immuno-compromised or over 65 then this disease warrants attention. If you're neither of these than you need not worry unless you've got the severe level flu symptoms that you would worry about anyway, there's just no reason for people outside those two groups to be rushing to ER departments because of the flu, heck if they do have it then they're actually just increasing the risk they expose vulnerable populations to it by doing this.

I've seen a few of the videos of the brawls over toilet paper, it isn't the people that this disease is going to harm that are panicking, it's just the moronic masses whipped into a frenzy by sensationalist news, every time we have those stupid headlines like the "Italy 8% death rate in Lombardy" all you need to add is "all victims over 65" to that and people can chill the fuck out. Also probably a good idea to point out that Lombardy is basically Italy's Florida, it's where old people go to see out their days.

It's just utter stupidity by people, fueled by a media that thrives on fear mongering and clickbait headlines that creates this self fulfilling prophecy which then causes genuine harm across society by creating mass panic.
    That's exactly how South Korea handled testing to great effect, do you think countries should be going down the American path or the South Korean one?
    Last edited by showdownhero; 11th March 2020 at 12:43 PM.

Rep Level
    That's exactly how South Korea handled testing to great effect, do you think countries should be going down the American path or the South Korean one?
    Surely it depends on their own countries infrastructure?

Lets not expect for example Bulgaria to have the same facilities as South Korea and test diseases the same way

The same really applies to Italy. Their health system is a few fair levels below South Korea in that regard so to expect the same handling isnt really realistic

Rep Level
    Beacon of truth? What are you even talking about.

These are just stories which corroborate the other evidence (i.e. total number of tests completed) that the US is totally unprepared for this crisis and thus far has completely mismanaged every single step in the process.

4 twitter stories isnt my definition of evidence.

If you test everyone with the sniffles you just divert and waste resources on people who dont need help and hurt people who do

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Heaps of regions haven't submitted their data today, very unusual

https://github.com/CSSEGISandData/CO...-Confirmed.csv

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    4 twitter stories isnt my definition of evidence.

If you test everyone with the sniffles you just divert and waste resources on people who dont need help and hurt people who do
    That's exactly what South Korea did, at this stage they're the only country to successfully keep a lid on things without welding people inside their homes

Rep Level
    That's exactly what South Korea did, at this stage they're the only country to successfully keep a lid on things without welding people inside their homes
    China seems to have kept a lid on things....

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    China seems to have kept a lid on things....

Teams
    Joey Barton, Haynesus
    Rep Level

Death Riding Civilization: The RZ Coronavirus Thread

China controlled it by being on lockdown for coming up 2 months and using their surveillance state which has been just been caused media hysteria and unneeded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rep Level
    China used the resources they had. Did you think they were going to test 1 billion people individually or something?