Close

Page 138 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 3672
    Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle E View Post
    I think that there's a strong possibility that Miss Wolfie is in fact a virgin.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah_nah View Post
    Gotta laugh that the guy has played the man and not the ball his entire life is now complaining about someone else playing the man.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    With thinking like that its absurd to me he isnt a AFL media pundit

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    Pretty sure that even with open legs only one of those is getting any action.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
    Pretty sure that even with open legs only one of those is getting any action.
    She would be the Luka Doncic off that team. Girl above would be say your Maxi Kleber. Might get 1 or 2 shots up a game but not going to do much damage on the scoresheet. Girl to the top left would be Doran Finney Smith. Ugly ass jump shot but every now and then you need to feed the ball in order to give Luka Doncic time to free themself from the press. Girl to the bottom right would be your Justin Jackson. Rated highly as a sophmore but turned into nothing more then a unseen bench player due to lack of work ethic t improve their game

Rep Level
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Bucks boycotting over this too wow

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    Bucks boycotting over this too wow
    The efforts some people will go to keep a uggos legs closed never ceases to amaze me

Rep Level
    WCE
    That is pathetic.
    the slutty teenage gash frothing around while I'm off tap makes fidelity quite hard.

Rep Level
    That is pathetic.
    How do you know a girl is a sex craved slut?

When she has a pulse

Rep Level
    I think Tony Abbott nailed it here

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-...id-19/12619264

"From a health perspective, this pandemic has been serious. From an economic perspective, it's been disastrous," he said.

"But I suspect that it's from an overall wellbeing perspective that it will turn out worst of all. Because this is what happens when for much more than a mere moment, we let fear of falling sick stop us from being fully alive.

"Now that each one of us has had six months to consider this pandemic, and to make our own judgements about it, surely it's time to relax the rules so that individuals can take more personal responsibility and make more of their own decisions about the risks they're prepared to run."

Mr Abbott said in hindsight, there had not been enough attention paid to keeping coronavirus out of aged care facilities.

ut he questioned a strategy that he argued had been adopted by most countries, of preserving "almost every life at almost any cost."

"So far, with Sweden the most notable exception, governments have approached the pandemic like trauma doctors instead of thinking like health economists, trained to pose uncomfortable questions about a level of deaths we might have to live with," he said.

"Even if mandatory shutdown [in Australia] really was all that avoided the initially predicted 150,000 deaths, that still works out at about $2 million per life saved.

"There is absolutely no doubt that we had got to the stage in Australia of virtually zero community transmission, until the extraordinary ineptitude of the Victorian Government in the management of its hotel quarantine system produced what has been the biggest outbreak in Australia so far, responded to with the most severe lockdown tried anywhere in the world outside of Wuhan itself," he added.

Mr Abbott argued governments had shifted from trying to flatten the curve to achieving zero community transmission, a move he said had been justified by following the medical advice of "unaccountable experts."

He also said some officials were trapped in "crisis mode" longer than they needed to be, because it boosted their public standing, and accused Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews of wanting to extend a "health dictatorship" by pushing for an extension of state of emergency powers.

"There is absolutely no doubt that we had got to the stage in Australia of virtually zero community transmission, until the extraordinary ineptitude of the Victorian Government in the management of its hotel quarantine system produced what has been the biggest outbreak in Australia so far, responded to with the most severe lockdown tried anywhere in the world outside of Wuhan itself," he added.
    As someone whose seen govt officials weigh up a 100k investment to save MULTIPLE lives, mainly children, I find the whole thing a tiny bit insulting and degrading really. Its why I found so much of the Covid response when I was at work uncomfortable. I truly did find it tough to hold myself back emotionally during some of the discussions I heard people having when I remembered the ones being had in December. Its a large reason I had to leave my job really no matter what. I simply would not have been able to stay the long term and handle the degrading level of funding we receive in comparison without going ape shit on someone
    Last edited by Embers; 2nd September 2020 at 10:11 AM.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    I think Tony Abbott nailed it here

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-...id-19/12619264

As someone whose seen govt officials weigh up a 100k investment to save MULTIPLE lives, mainly children, I find the whole thing a tiny bit insulting and degrading really. Its why I found so much of the Covid response when I was at work uncomfortable. I truly did find it tough to hold myself back emotionally during some of the discussions I heard people having when I remembered the ones being had in December. Its a large reason I had to leave my job really no matter what. I simply would not have been able to stay the long term and handle the degrading level of funding we receive in comparison without going ape shit on someone
    What Abbott completely fails to recognise is that the economy would've crashed with or without a lockdown. $2 million per life saved is an exceptionally intellectually dishonest figure.

Rep Level
    What Abbott completely fails to recognise is that the economy would've crashed with or without a lockdown. $2 million per life saved is an exceptionally intellectually dishonest figure.
    In what way?

Victoria predicted a 41 billion loss in tax revenue from the lockdown. We cant say 100% is owed to that decision. Even if we say the lockdown caused 20% increase in that number, its still at about 15-20 mill per life lost at present, which is astronimcal considering where I sit, if the govt gave us 125k in December, we would have saved a extra 3 lives in the month of January.......
    Last edited by Embers; 2nd September 2020 at 10:31 AM.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    In what way?

Victoria predicted a 41 billion loss in tax revenue from the lockdown. We cant say 100% is owed to that decision. Even if we say the lockdown caused 20% increase in that number, its still at about 15-20 mill per life lost at present, which is astronimcal considering where I sit, if the govt gave us 125k in December, we would have saved a extra 3 lives in the month of January.......
    Sweden, no lockdown, still has the worst unemployment in Scandanavia with similar performance on other economic metrics.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53498133

Rep Level
    Sweden, no lockdown, still has the worst unemployment in Scandanavia with similar performance on other economic metrics.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53498133
    Wildly different economy to ours. Not even close to comparable.

The comparison to make right now, today is Victoria May-July to Victoria August-October really to really get a grasp on the economic impact

The current calculations are a 41 billion dollar loss from August to September at this stage, which is the correct way to look at it.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Wildly different economy to ours. Not even close to comparable.

The comparison to make right now, today is Victoria May-July to Victoria August-October really to really get a grasp on the economic impact

The current calculations are a 41 billion dollar loss from August to September at this stage, which is the correct way to look at it.
    All of these 'models' of economic impact seem to assume the cost of doing nothing, is zero, which is patently false.

Rep Level
    All of these 'models' of economic impact seem to assume the cost of doing nothing, is zero, which is patently false.
    Their was no data for any comparison so people came up with a moronic calculation. Time is different now in the sense that we now have data to compare. Their is a clear comparison to draw down from to create a economic picture and data to back it up. In Covidtoria, If we compare June-July to August-September to truly measure the economic impact. The current calculations do appear to be about a 41 billion dollar difference, which isnt excluding other states drawing in losses from the changes they have had to made

Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    The reward for wiping it out is worth it. Sure everyone from a free covid state agrees with that statement. Go fast, go early and keep a border up.

Played 8 ball last night at the pub. No masks, no major inconvenience in domestic life, no worry. I am sure the free covid independent states will bounce back a lot quicker than NSW.
    Scunthorpe

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Their was no data for any comparison so people came up with a moronic calculation. Time is different now in the sense that we now have data to compare. Their is a clear comparison to draw down from to create a economic picture and data to back it up. In Covidtoria, If we compare June-July to August-September to truly measure the economic impact. The current calculations do appear to be about a 41 billion dollar difference, which isnt excluding other states drawing in losses from the changes they have had to made
    There's no comparison to be made, June there was no more than 100 active cases, in August there were 8,000, it's not an apples and oranges comparison it's an apples and cabbage comparison

What do you imagine the economic damage would've been from doing nothing in the face of 20k active cases? It's wouldn't be 41 billion but it certainly wouldn't be nothing.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyVanVeen View Post
    The reward for wiping it out is worth it. Sure everyone from a free covid state agrees with that statement. Go fast, go early and keep a border up.

Played 8 ball last night at the pub. No masks, no major inconvenience in domestic life, no worry. I am sure the free covid independent states will bounce back a lot quicker than NSW.
    Their economy's will be fucked for as long as their borders to NSW and VIC remain closed. There can not be an economic bounce back without all domestic borders open.

Rep Level
    There's no comparison to be made, June there was no more than 100 active cases, in August there were 8,000, it's not an apples and oranges comparison it's an apples and cabbage comparison

What do you imagine the economic damage would've been from doing nothing in the face of 20k active cases? It's wouldn't be 41 billion but it certainly wouldn't be nothing.
    I gave a 20% leeway in my post remember. So im saying the lockdown measures would be 20% of that 41 billion figure? Seems a more then generous assumption.

Rep Level
    Their economy's will be fucked for as long as their borders to NSW and VIC remain closed. There can not be an economic bounce back without all domestic borders open.
    Pretty much a proven fact that most Premiers are choosing to still ignore

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    I gave a 20% leeway in my post remember. So im saying the lockdown measures would be 20% of that 41 billion figure? Seems a more then generous assumption.
    Seems fair, the state was fucked as soon as this thing got loose.

Rep Level
    Seems fair, the state was fucked as soon as this thing got loose.
    It doesnt mean they are making smart decisions thereafter. The Jims Mowing thing a good example. Govt gardeners can work in even more busier areas, but these guys who pretty much have much less people to people contact in a much more controllable fashion (ie. easy contact tracing) cant.

Just 1 of thousands of examples really

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    It doesnt mean they are making smart decisions thereafter. The Jims Mowing thing a good example. Govt gardeners can work in even more busier areas, but these guys who pretty much have much less people to people contact in a much more controllable fashion (ie. easy contact tracing) cant.

Just 1 of thousands of examples really
    Even if we tidied up those thousands of inconsistencies, it would be window dressing on the total economic damage done.

Rep Level
    Even if we tidied up those thousands of inconsistencies, it would be window dressing on the total economic damage done.
    ie 20%

I do hate this economic theory btw. Its the way Gil MacLachlan thinks.

"We lost 30 billion, may as well lose 40 billion, I mean who cares about 10 billion"

Even when losses are astronomical, you still need to attempt to recover revenue and money. Throwing in the towel and doing what you want cos its already excessively bad is a fucking loser mentality.
    Last edited by Embers; 2nd September 2020 at 01:59 PM.

Teams
    Essendon
    Rep Level
    Toast Toast Toast
    States are riding on JobKeeper and other stimulus provided by the Federal government (i.e. super withdrawals). When there isn't free cash propping up dead sectors you might see a shift in mindset.
    #NBCSiberia