Close

View Poll Results: On the charges of the indictment, how finds the jury?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty

6 100.00%
  • Not Guilty

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Crows Crystal Palace

The Court of Rolling Zone: Case I - The Chino Massacre

With celebrities getting increasingly involved in the judicial system, I thought it would be interesting to get some feedback from the court of public opinion on some of the higher profile cases in which they are lobbying for a stay of execution, re-trial or early release.

The first such example is the case of Kevin Cooper and the Chino Massacre

What does Kim Kardashian think?

https://twitter.com/KimKardashian/st...16809305325569
    Quote Originally Posted by showdownhero View Post
    there’s a couple of clusters of illness in Mt Baker and Gawler where they’ve been tested but their results aren’t back yet. These individuals have all recently returned from various hot spots overseas and are almost guaranteed to returned positive results. Could be a spike in SA numbers in the next few days.

Rep Level
    Chicago Bulls Western Bulldogs
    Great thread idea

Judge embers now presiding

All rise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Im the hero football needs and deserves you will find

Rep Level
    Judge what? I dont think anyone has ever been more guilty ever.

Their is something so pathetic about being in a position of power and deciding to help one single person, person by person at a time. I think its a bit of a concept of unless a person can physically thank me, they are not worthy of my help perhaps? Either way she is clearly deluded if she thinks this is philanthropy of some sort.

Teams
    Western Sydney Wanderers
    Rep Level
    The Hawks Liverpool West Tigers
    I'm so fucking in
    I just smash the keyboard and hope.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Cliffs on evidence from both sides

>Both parties agree Cooper had escaped from a nearby prison days before the murder
    >Both parties agree Cooper was squatting at a neighbouring house owned by the Lease family prior to the murder of the Ryens
    >The defence alleges Cooper hitch hiked to Mexico and eventually began working on a boat
    >Prosecution alleges Cooper's motive for the murder was to take the Ryen's car to get away from the Chino Hills
    >Prosecution alleges a murder weapon (Hatchet) was taken from Lease house, defence alleges this has not been properly substantiated by the Leases
    >Prosecution alleges small droplet of blood at murder scene matches Cooper's unique blood type, defence alleges this blood droplet was tampered with
    >>This droplet was recently DNA tested for evidence which matched Coopers, defence alleges this blood was planted
    >Police found a prison issue green shirt covered in blood which matched Doug Ryen's
    >>This shirt was recently DNA tested for evidence which matched Doug Ryen's and Cooper's, defence alleges Cooper's blood was planted
    >Police allege victims blood was found in Lease house that Cooper washed off himself after the murder before he fled in the car, I haven't read any defence counter to this.
    >When police recovered the stolen Ryen vehicle in Long Beach they found prison issue cigarettes in the car's ash tray. Defence alleges these cigarette butts picked up from the Lease house and planted in the Ryen Car
    >Defence alleges 3 white/mexican men were responsible for the murder and use the only survivor Josh Ryen's initial testimony to a social worker as evidence, prosecution and Josh Ryen himself allege that this intiial testimony was muddled by the fact 3 mexican men had approached the house earlier in the evening to ask for work and that he had only ever seen 1 person in the hosue (with an afro) during the attack
    >To this day Josh Ryen is absolutely convinced of Cooper's guilt and continuously haunted by his appeals process

There might be a few bits and pieces I'm missing but I feel like that's the crux of it.

My thoughts? I'm not convinced by the defence allegations of police misconduct and I think this cunt should fry.
    there’s a couple of clusters of illness in Mt Baker and Gawler where they’ve been tested but their results aren’t back yet. These individuals have all recently returned from various hot spots overseas and are almost guaranteed to returned positive results. Could be a spike in SA numbers in the next few days.

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    Give me a good reason why the police would go to all that effort to frame a guy who would already be done for escaping prison anyway and I'm happy to buy it.

Otherwise saying that literally every bit of evidence was planted sure sounds like you haven't got any real answers.

It's like the legal equivalent of just saying "nah you're lying" after every comment.

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    Adelaide Power Los Angeles Lakers
    I reckon an owl did it

Teams
    Collingwood, Newcastle United, Melbourne City
    Rep Level
    Collingwood Magpies Newcastle United Chicago Bulls
    In for when I'm not at work

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    only watched the first vid so far and dude should've been hanged by now

Teams
    Emanuel Augustus
    Rep Level
    watched the second vid and it comes across as sensationalist spin, using ambiguity as a defence more than anything. classic CNN

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Only 2 votes in the poll

What say the jury?

Rep Level
    Legit thought once embers decided it was over

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level

Time for Case II then?

Rep Level
    Yeah do it

Rep Level
    Okay Harvey Weinstein

I have no doubt he is guilty but I also have no doubt, the people involved did what they did for their own advantage as well.

I feel this is more or less a reality that hindsight creates a new narrative.

What he did was bad, but waiting 25 years to bring it up doesnt sit right with me.

Teams
    New Orleans Saints, Geelong, Liverpool, OKC
    Rep Level
    New Orleans Saints Geelong Cats Liverpool
    Okay Harvey Weinstein

I have no doubt he is guilty but I also have no doubt, the people involved did what they did for their own advantage as well.

I feel this is more or less a reality that hindsight creates a new narrative.

What he did was bad, but waiting 25 years to bring it up doesnt sit right with me.
    That’s completely irrelevant

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    That’s completely irrelevant
    In what way?

Statute of limitations exists for a reason IMO and shouldn't be seen as irrelevant from case to case

Teams
    New Orleans Saints, Geelong, Liverpool, OKC
    Rep Level
    New Orleans Saints Geelong Cats Liverpool
    Read the testimonies. I don't care how long it takes for these women to come out and you're just making an assumption that all the women did for their own "advantage". That culture of them feeling they had to do that in the first place to get an "advantage", alone, is appalling.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    Read the testimonies. I don't care how long it takes for these women to come out and you're just making an assumption that all the women did for their own "advantage". That culture of them feeling they had to do that in the first place to get an "advantage", alone, is appalling.
    I think the assumption goes both ways truth be told. The idea women didn't throw themselves at him to get roles is a bit far fetched.

The culture is and still is fucked but the law shouldn't be re arranged to fix that fucked up culture, nor should it be seen as arresting 1 man fixes all

Scapegoating 1 man, 28 years later just seems a bit fucked to me in a few ways

Veteran
    Rep Level
    Sydney Swans Minnesota Vikings Orlando Magic
    It's really just prostitution. These girls all whored themselves out to further their careers. This was a classic transaction, an ugly guy gets a girl he can't get without it and the girl gets the role that she wants.

Can't even blame the girls, you're offering me a multi-million dollar movie role for sucking a dick, I think I can handle that cost/reward ratio.

Kind of a sad situation but when people like Obama, Clinton, Oprah and co are all enabling and glorifying the guy instead of calling him out it's a pretty slippery slope.

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    Raping a prostitute is still rape

Rep Level
    Raping a prostitute is still rape
    I think the claim in that regard is, a prostitute sleeps with a man, takes 800 bucks for it then says it was rape after all that

Teams
    Adelaide, Crystal Palace
    Rep Level
    I think the claim in that regard is, a prostitute sleeps with a man, takes 800 bucks for it then says it was rape after all that
    What charge that Weinstein was found guilty of do you think fits that description?
    Last edited by showdownhero; 27th February 2020 at 09:33 AM.

Rep Level
    Been deep diving on Bill Cosby and fuck me what he did is a million times worse

Rep Level
    What charge that Weinstein was found guilty of do you think fits that description?
    He is guilty in some cases but not all is what im saying. Some cases described have very much taken the "I knew this would further my career but I felt gross afterwards" approach