Close

Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122
Results 3,026 to 3,034 of 3034
  1. #3026
    Veteran BobbyVanVeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tasmania
    Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Posts
    2,303
    Rep Level
    1489
    Rep Power
    113
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyVanVeen View Post
    we are so crap. It is hard to put it into words.

    If I had to try, I would say Conference-bound.
    told ya.

    Lost 5-0 last night at home to Cambridge. Once the first goal went in, the heads dropped and it could have been 10. We weren't bad til then.

    the team is a joke. lots of young players but lacking the league 2 old pro who gets stuck in. Our only leader is a cripple.

    the good news is that the worst player I have ever seen got sent off last night and so won't be able to play for 3 games for us.
    Scunthorpe

  2. #3027
    Veteran BobbyVanVeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tasmania
    Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Posts
    2,303
    Rep Level
    1489
    Rep Power
    113
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    We have 6 players in isolation due to covid. This includes our first choice keeper and the captain*.

    This is on top of our manager, his ass, the under 23's manager. the goalkeeping coach is leading the team out at St James Park in Exeter..

    Doncaster has 3 players away on international duty, game postponed. We have 4 subs listed but play on play on. 0-0 atm. started well considering. .

    *vice captain, but our captain is a cripple.
    Scunthorpe

  3. #3028
    YOU BETTER WATCH OUT Red Neville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wanderland
    Posts
    8,891
    Rep Level
    13245
    Rep Power
    494
    Manchester United Greater Western Sydney Sporting Gijon
    His donkey has Covid?
    Souvent pour s'amuser les hommes d'equipage
    And it's like talking to a stranger

  4. #3029
    Veteran Dogbloke V3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    15,135
    Rep Level
    18829
    Rep Power
    800
    WCE Tottenham Hotspur Boston Celtics
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyVanVeen View Post
    We have 6 players in isolation due to covid. This includes our first choice keeper and the captain*.

    This is on top of our manager, his ass, the under 23's manager. the goalkeeping coach is leading the team out at St James Park in Exeter..

    Doncaster has 3 players away on international duty, game postponed. We have 4 subs listed but play on play on. 0-0 atm. started well considering. .

    *vice captain, but our captain is a cripple.
    Shaktar beat Madrid with 10 first team players with COVID quit your jibber jabber

  5. #3030
    YOU BETTER WATCH OUT Red Neville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wanderland
    Posts
    8,891
    Rep Level
    13245
    Rep Power
    494
    Manchester United Greater Western Sydney Sporting Gijon
    Madrid followed that up with a convincing win in the clįsico
    Souvent pour s'amuser les hommes d'equipage
    And it's like talking to a stranger

  6. #3031
    Veteran BobbyVanVeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tasmania
    Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Posts
    2,303
    Rep Level
    1489
    Rep Power
    113
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbloke V3 View Post
    Shaktar beat Madrid with 10 first team players with COVID quit your jibber jabber
    it was our best performance of the year. still lost 3-1

    Covid makes the team stronger, confirmed.
    Scunthorpe

  7. #3032
    Veteran BobbyVanVeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tasmania
    Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Posts
    2,303
    Rep Level
    1489
    Rep Power
    113
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    finally, after 8 players test positive to covid, the football league gave us clearance to postpone a game or 3 without a threat of a fine or forfeit.

    hopefully we didn't spread it to Exeter.

    The season is a complete shambles.
    Scunthorpe

  8. #3033
    Vale Nollsy Embers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,431
    Rep Level
    16793
    Rep Power
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyVanVeen View Post
    finally, after 8 players test positive to covid, the football league gave us clearance to postpone a game or 3 without a threat of a fine or forfeit.

    hopefully we didn't spread it to Exeter.

    The season is a complete shambles.
    What a joke though. They agreed to 2-3 before the season began and then just randomly changed their minds without any reason at all because it wasnt a big team impacted. Dickheads

  9. #3034
    Veteran BobbyVanVeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tasmania
    Teams
    Scunthrope, G.Furth
    Posts
    2,303
    Rep Level
    1489
    Rep Power
    113
    Sydney Swans <<Football>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    What a joke though. They agreed to 2-3 before the season began and then just randomly changed their minds without any reason at all because it wasnt a big team impacted. Dickheads
    yeah. Grimsby did the right thing at the start of the year when, after they had a couple of positive tests, they sat out for a week or so and didn't let it spread to the rest of the squad or league. They are now back playing, despite having 3 away games last week. Still prefer that to what we have to do no. 7 days of no training. god knows when we get the players back to full fitness.

    We should have never played on the weekend. neither Exeter nor we wanted to play it but we were basically forced. Was a disgrace we were forced to and last nights match was only cancelled because we actually run out of players. I just hope we didn't spread it to Exeter. They are taking tests now.

    The same thing happened to Tranmere and they only had 10 full time players left. Fuck the EFL. This season is all about survival and I am not talking about relegation.
    Last edited by BobbyVanVeen; 28th October 2020 at 02:48 PM.
    Scunthorpe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •